Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Rock Around the Clock  (Read 17506 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Old Shanty Town
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2018, 08:19:11 am »

Try to explain that I didn't insult him, he just came at me in a really creepy way and I wanted him to leave me alone. If there are tribals nearby, mention that I also felt that he had been cursed.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2018, 04:10:01 pm »

wait patiently and continue petting the kitty.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2018, 04:58:34 pm »

"Well, I might as well. Not like there is anything else to do right now."

Let's go to the rodeo and do some work!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2018, 08:59:04 pm »

Well, I would leave defining payment level to you

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2018, 02:03:56 am »

Go and look for a building that is abandoned and see if I can go inside and then see if there is any thing interesting inside.

There are several abandoned buildings throughout the town, usually near the wall. Many have already been scrapped for usable parts, probably for that nearby wall. The only notable thing is a couple of squatters, who tend to leave quickly when they notice you, leaving nothing of value behind. If you want a couple of planks of rotting wood or some century old bricks, you could probably get some here.

Eat my iguana on a stick and do some odd jobs in the Rodeo if that's fine with the guards. Jobs that require Agility hopefully.

((Also, when shall I see my finalized sheet?))

((Whenever I get around to updating it.
Definitely before your next fight.
Maybe tomorrow :V))

Yummy yummy Iguana on a stick! Its weird that this is so popular this far north, you have never seen an actual iguana in your life. Maybe they substitute it with local meat of some kind? I wonder what that could possibly be?

Despite your desire to work, the guards refuse to let you leave the parked car until the current situation is resolved. You could certainly (try to) sneak away, if you feel the need to.

Try to explain that I didn't insult him, he just came at me in a really creepy way and I wanted him to leave me alone. If there are tribals nearby, mention that I also felt that he had been cursed.

There are currently no tribals, just you and the two local guards. And some empty cells.

As you speak, the guard continues jotting down notes. With no further questions, he opens the pipe-bar door and leads you out. Back up the stairs wordlessly, back to the bench. One of the guards breaks off to talk to the girl behind the cashier counter, who puts their notes on her ever-growing pile of paperwork. Several other guards come and go, often offering their own paperwork to the pile. Time goes by slowly, before the bearded dwarf from earlier goes in and speaks to the lady.

He then comes out and speaks directly to you. You are a bit taller than him, despite sitting on a bench.

"It looks like we got a pretty good case of assault against you. Now you may be looking at a hefty fine, or some long days in the hole down there, but you're in luck and the Mayor is offering a very generous bail package. One day militia conscription. Catch is, we get to choose the day, and the day we choose is the day those raiders are coming in for blood. If you survive the day, you get full pardon, like you never put a bullet into a man's gun. You can go free around the town until that day comes. If you don't agree, then we hold you in that tiny cell down there until you pay a bond. Then we get to wait until the trial comes around, and you let the judge decide what to do with you. Just between you and me, we got five witnesses speaking against ya. Good witnesses too, faces people around here know. This deal isn't going to be around forever, I'd take it if I was you."

wait patiently and continue petting the kitty.

The kitty continues to achieve pets! Meanwhile, Edgar has come out from the station and is back on the bench. The bearded dwarf from earlier is speaking to him. Hikano is still in her spot.

((Aaaand now I have to figure out how to do the work thing when everyone is split up. Its 1AM, so my ideas are not likely to be viable until tomorrow :V))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2018, 06:25:49 am »

"If they were good witnesses, they would have seen him attack first! This trial was unfair and I didn't even get a lawyer. This was clearly set up against me just because I'm a "foreigner" and "not tribal". That's both racist and xenophobic."

"So yeah, put me in the damn militia. I want to get out of this insane place and kill something."

Yeah whatever. Once this militia thing is done, make sure to remember to burn this town to the ground if we ever return.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:15:28 am by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2018, 06:28:41 am »

Gossip with the guards.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2018, 02:12:54 am »

Keep looking around the abandoned buildings to see if there is anything good hidden inside.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2018, 08:27:44 pm »

"If they were good witnesses, they would have seen him attack first! This trial was unfair and I didn't even get a lawyer. This was clearly set up against me just because I'm a "foreigner" and "not tribal". That's both racist and xenophobic."

"So yeah, put me in the damn militia. I want to get out of this insane place and kill something."

Yeah whatever. Once this militia thing is done, make sure to remember to burn this town to the ground if we ever return.

The dwarf nods, says "Glad to have you aboard then.", and walks off while writing something. Thanks to your inhuman perception, you notice it says "confirmed reports of mental instability". Whatever could that possibly mean?

True to his word, the guards immediately release you, in addition to returning your weapon. Most seem to be keeping a close eye on you and you get more then a few funny looks, but you are free to walk around the town.

Gossip with the guards.

One of the guards looks both ways, before boldly saying "Well I heard the mayor and the Captain..."

You can swear you heard your whistling in the distance, as the bearded dwarf from earlier exits the police station and makes his way to your seat. The gossipy guard's face turns as red as a bramin's udder.

Passing it off with an angry glare, the dwarf looks at you much more neutrally.

"We have reports of you using weapons in a crowded area, and the gentleman you spoke to wants us to press assault charges for that little spear trick you pulled. Now that kind of thing is unbecoming of a militiaman, but we can let you off easy. We'll dock your pay, to cover the modest fine. Can't let you walk away until it is payed off, of course. One big fight aught to be enough. If you don't accept these bale conditions, then we got to pull a full trial. Don't know how well that will turn out for you, you really should just take the bail."

Keep looking around the abandoned buildings to see if there is anything good hidden inside.

Yet again, the only thing that is hidden inside is people who are desperate to avoid you. You do get a good look at some of them. Tribals, with fancy tattoos covering the body. The tribals in town don't tend to have any markings at all, beyond scars and face-paint. Might be from a different tribe, or a different caste, or something. Some are wearing crude leather armor, others are covering most of their body with long clothing despite the heat. Still others walk around shirtless in what is effectively a loincloth.

They seem to be working together, in groups of two or three. You occasionally see one guy working alone, and squatters that look nothing like the tribals, but you have seen three larger groups rushing out the back of an abandoned house the second you poke your nose in.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2018, 09:16:16 pm »

”come on kitty, we’re moving again.”
go hunting for trouble. Maybe raiders scouting around the outside of town.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2018, 12:27:34 am »

Stare at local doctor, who seems to have forgotten about my existance

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2018, 03:12:48 am »

Go and ask the guards if they know about the people that are acting strange in the abandoned buildings.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2018, 03:49:24 am »

"I'm more than happy to pay bail. The sooner this silly and unfortunate accident is forgotten the sooner I can get back to business."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2018, 01:45:25 pm »

Since they're busy with others, meet up with Katie.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2018, 01:57:29 pm »

Go find Vakk and help him with whatever he's going to do.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15