Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: The Rime: a Frostpunk Western RPG (OOC) (Started!)  (Read 9494 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: The Rime: a Frostpunk Western RPG (OOC) (Started!)
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2018, 03:54:47 pm »

By shooting the baddies. Obviously. ;p

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2018, 03:56:13 pm »

By shooting the baddies. Obviously. ;p

Truly, killing our enemies brings us all closer together.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2018, 05:14:46 pm »

Yeah, I can see someone accepting the priest beating mission to be countered by the rest of the party being paid to protect said priest. :P Saves the GM the trouble of running different storylines and things will get wrapped up pretty quickly...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2018, 10:05:05 am »

Btw, my lore relies on two assumptions :P

1. That steam technology has existed for quite some time in this world, and was primarily the only way humanity survived the great cold. A lot of this technology, however (especially related to fighting in the cold) no longer effectively exists or never progressed beyond primitive designs since the ice retreated from the Inner world.

2. Place like Camelon already went through what is happening in the Rime-the retreating cold that allowed Humanity to spread, forced other races to retreat, possibly to their extinction.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2018, 03:00:11 pm »

1. There are many ways for humans to survive in freezing conditions that don’t require steam power, just look at our world. While steam was perhaps adapted earlier than in our world, it’s still firmly an invention of the last century. But who’s to say the Steam Knights weren’t a thing of the last century? I will note that the adoption of steam and industry have allowed humans to expand further and faster into the Rime than ever before.

Traversing the wastes and reaching the endless black sea was a thing of myth and legend before, then the feat of great explorers - now anyone well-prepared and persistent enough can accomplish it. Likewise, Mer were rare in earlier times, since it was a long way to have any contact with them.

2. What is Camelon was once the Rime. Thaw and time pushed the cold away into new frontiers. Races other than human and Mer, though? The scientists agree; purely the stuff of fairy tales. But perhaps there is some half-remembered figment of truth to the tales, some remnant of races pressed to extinction between the hunger of Men and the crush of the sea.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:01:59 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2018, 03:09:46 pm »

What were scientists' opinions on races other than humans prior to the last century, I wonder? :P

Come to think of it, where do we think coal comes from, and what does that say about the world?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2018, 03:10:26 pm »

Presumably knights, steam or otherwise, arn't super practical after the invention of firearms capable of reliably piercing armor and volley-fire tactics.

Unless they are in like, steam-punk power armor or something :V.

I'd imagine the culture leads to a lot of people spending a lot of time huddled around a fire, giving plenty of time for storytelling, songs, and other fictional enjoyments. Its not like scarves can't just have fictional things on them.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2018, 03:24:19 pm »

What were scientists' opinions on races other than humans prior to the last century, I wonder? :P

Come to think of it, where do we think coal comes from, and what does that say about the world?

The scientists agree: so-called ’scientists’ of past ages were uneducated, superstitious, over-religious morons who probably arrived at their discoveries through pure dumb luck. The current generation, fortunately, have left behind their primitive understanding and may now study the world through unbiased, impersonal and perfectly rational modern sciences, such as phrenology, eugenics and aether theory.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2018, 04:11:30 pm »

Would you have any qualms if Cormac totally splits the party before anything has even really happened explores the train a bit?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2018, 04:13:09 pm »

Would you have any qualms if Cormac totally splits the party before anything has even really happened explores the train a bit?

Not at all.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2018, 04:54:35 pm »

How far away are we currently from Stalwart?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2018, 01:26:32 pm »

How far away are we currently from Stalwart?

There's days to go. The train is slow and will stop in the settlements of Bleak House and Gossamer before reaching Stalwart. Plenty could happen in that time. You may consult your tickets for a full itinerary.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2018, 04:50:14 pm »

Note: the first update said that Ulien had other passengers on both sides, while the latest says she's in the corner. My immersion is broken. ;P
This does mean that it'll be easier to leave the compartment than I thought, though. Handy!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2018, 03:14:14 am »

My mental map has failed me. Perhaps Fiona elbowed her so hard she ended up in the corner seat instead? Everyone was too polite to make a fuss about it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2018, 03:24:05 am »

My mental map had Mr. Stern to my left, in the window seat, and Fiona to my right, beside the door, and the other four opposite, with Stern's bodyguard by the window and the other three players in some ambiguous configuration. With the corridor on the right side of the train, and the front of the train in the direction that I'm facing.

I made some assumptions, but I'm pretty sure that's consistent with what's been said so far. But I guess I've been elbowed through a hole in space and have switched spots with Fiona.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10