Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hermaphradite dwarves?  (Read 830 times)

gdog1102

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Hermaphradite dwarves?
« on: July 18, 2018, 03:05:31 pm »

I just started a fortress up (playing on a volcanic island in the middle of the ocean) and I went to check dwarf therapist. One of my dwarves, Iden Tiristgusgash, instead of showing a male or female icon showed a combination of the two. This is the first time i've seen this, and the wiki says nothing of it. Do I have an intersex dwarf?

Tilmar13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hermaphradite dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 03:12:39 pm »

IIRC, that indicates the dwarf is bisexual. A grayed out token indicates asexuality. If two of the same symbol is shown, then they are homosexual
Klinka Na Karaz : Grung A Na Grungron : Az A Na Ankor
A Pick for the Earth : A Hammer for the Anvil : An Axe for everything else

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 05:46:37 pm »

I think the color indicates their sex, and the symbols indicate what they are interested in.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 02:45:33 am »

Just to add: A written description is displayed in the tooltip under 'Gender/Orientation'.  ;)