Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: All along the Watchtower (OOC/Sign ups)  (Read 1408 times)

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All along the Watchtower (OOC/Sign ups)
« on: July 16, 2018, 11:36:23 pm »

All along the Watchtower (OOC/Sign ups)

Far far away from the outskirts of the town of Astrakane, there lies an ancient stone watchtower that overlooks the vast Tiberian expanse. It is one of the hundreds that have been bought, built, and repaired by the Kingdom of Arcton, your homeland, to protect our many border towns from the despicable actions of the barbaric Breganites. These, as you know, are the very same barbarians whose near constant raids of our border towns have stifled our settlement efforts around the calraine point, and who have caused an unprecedented growth in power of the necrocults that reside in the area.

Each and every single one of you have heard that your predecessors were fine men and women, who had spent years of their lives to secure this area from the dreaded Breganite raiders!1, and the skeletal armies of the forgotten dread emperor!2 , before they promptly applied for a reassignment the day after the town of Ashar was taken and their watchtower suddenly became the first line of defense.

Leaving the five of you here, in an old watchtower that has seemingly lasted for long enough to see the rise and fall of civilizations, and yet which still remains standing desp- aaand there goes the roof….

This is going to be a long assignment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Essentially this RP would be centered around good old Watchtower #1013, where a group of wet behind the ears watchmen (I believe a more appropriate term for this day and age would be watch officer) have been assigned to patrol and watch over the entire damned area despite the fact that you are quite frankly nowhere near prepared for the task. Especially when you have been assigned in such a hectic time, with rumors of a bandit king rising up in the east, strange winds and foul omens indicating that something unnatural is occuring in the southern ruins. That and the fact that part of the roof had just collapsed on what was apparently a room full of mirrors lamp oil isn’t doing anyone any favors.

Then there is the fact that the world itself is fantastical in nature, thus causing the five of you to have to deal with magic and supernatural happenings on top of occasional barbarian raids, investigating merchants and other travellers, and fixing the damned roof before the rest of it collapses.

Under the hood (System)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet

Credits

The game will be played on Discord in the following server, click there to find out more.
https://discord.gg/Jcudzpu

1. Who back then were a bunch of disorganized tribes that were known to enter into battle wielding nothing but a sharpened fruit
2. Who was just a depressed teenager loitering in the nearby crypt with a borrowed necromancy 101 book
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: All along the Watchtower (OOC/Sign ups)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 10:26:33 am »

PTW. I may sign up later.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 10:43:50 am »

Reason for Reduced Strength, Naturally small and light.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:51:22 pm by TricMagic »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 10:45:41 am »

[Reasoning for reducing str: birdmen have hollow bones - like real birds - so as to weigh less so that they can fly. Therefore, with their weaker bones, their dexterity is good, but their strength is... not.]

Is everything good?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 01:51:46 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 01:43:40 pm »

Can't have a guard force without some muscle.

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 01:47:15 pm »

Whelp, guess I'm taking a 5th skill.

Also: Tric, do we really need two physically weak scouts?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 01:49:38 pm »

Not my fault. I'm just going to rain death from above.{In other words, yes.}

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 07:51:20 pm »

Any room for anyone else? Thinking..

Dwarf
Human
Familiar Soldier (creature humanoid build, but of magic, flesh blood and souls. No magic ability, just a glorified solider.)

Any of these good ideas? Dwarf will likely fix things, Human a balance act, last guy just to kill things.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 10:37:39 pm »

Any room for anyone else? Thinking..

Dwarf
Human
Familiar Soldier (creature humanoid build, but of magic, flesh blood and souls. No magic ability, just a glorified solider.)

Any of these good ideas? Dwarf will likely fix things, Human a balance act, last guy just to kill things.

Well since I haven't exactly gotten around to reviewing anyone's sheets there might be an open slot for you, although tbh right now the Dwarf seems like the better option simply because the sheets so far seems to not have a dedicated crafter with greater than 9 intelligence yet.

And as for everyone else, Doubloon-Seven's sheet looks fine so far, but for everyone else I'm kind of iffy on the idea of having early game flight tbh, so I'm just going to have to respectively ask you to consider changing that for now. Although equipment wise you're fine Glass, as long as you are fine with me referring to your studded leather as a gambeson

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 10:41:14 pm »

but for everyone else I'm kind of iffy on the idea of having early game flight tbh, so I'm just going to have to respectively ask you to consider changing that for now.
:'(
But being able to fly is useful! It means I can run away from enemies so much more effectively!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 07:40:03 am »

1 word, COLD.  I won't be able to handle such conditions for long up there. And if it's an issue, you can always say I'm recovering.{Since wing recovery would be separate from regular recovery.}

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 07:39:46 pm »

Character!!!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 01:12:30 am »

Spoiler: Stay W O K E (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:31:37 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 01:28:20 am »

but for everyone else I'm kind of iffy on the idea of having early game flight tbh, so I'm just going to have to respectively ask you to consider changing that for now.
But being able to fly is useful! It means I can run away from enemies so much more effectively!

Well to be honest the main problem with flight so far is that it seems a little bit too useful, and also if the artifact based magic system hadn't made it clear I am pretty much going for a low to mid magic setting right now, and the fae aren't common enough to justify sending to what is basically the arse end of nowhere.

Jesus Christ what the fuck ATHATH.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 01:29:23 am »

Well to be honest the main problem with flight so far is that it seems a little bit too useful, and also if the artifact based magic system hadn't made it clear I am pretty much going for a low to mid magic setting right now, so I'm not really sure if a fairy would even be running around in some arse end of nowhere.

Jesus Christ what the fuck ATHATH.
You think I know?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: [1] 2