Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Silverblades (5/5, waitlist open)  (Read 15685 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: Silverblades (5/5, waitlist open)
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2018, 10:45:51 am »

Oh God, I was suffering from a lack of sleep when I wrote the turn, and the grammar/point of view shifting is simply awful. I apologize for that.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2018, 10:59:28 am »

"Brother, if the most powerful mage of all known ages could not control the Beasts, what makes you think you could? It has surrendered, yes, so it will not suffer. Each moment passing simply causes more. Let us not forget that they do not belong. We have no place in their world, but they have no place in ours."

"Beast, you fought well. May peace come in whatever afterlife you creatures have."

Alexander plunges his silver sword into the beast's core, for it to bother nobody any further.

Avanti!

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2018, 12:05:00 pm »

"Hmm. Guess you're not gonna change your mind, eh ?" Zork says, looking at Alexander. "Oh well, too bad. Farewell beast !" he declares, with a somewhat regretful voice and a disappointed look on his face.

After quickly getting over the death of his potential new friend, Zork sat down, looking at the remnants of his club. Finding a new one would prove to be a hard task, he thought. After all, it's not like giant pieces of wood grow on trees ! Well, they do, but still, not as easy as it sounds. But before going to find a new weapon, Zork felt like there was still something else he had to do. He pondered this for a moment, looking around the room, before suddenly getting up as he remembered.
"That's right, that shady looking guy vanished before summoning the beast !" he thought. Zork had no doubt that he would stir up some more trouble if they didn't find him first. With that in mind, he turned to the other silverblades, and spoke.
"Hey, it had slipped my mind because of the beast, but the leader of these fanatics escaped before summoning the beast. We should probably go after him, so we can fight more bea- I mean, so we can prevent him from causing more problems." He then paused for a moment, before resuming. "Maybe we can find clues pertaining to where they might have went in here ?"

Look for clues about where the remaining cultists might have escaped to.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2018, 02:58:30 pm »

Jericho frowns at Alexander.

"We could at least have waited to hear its response, unlikely as it may be that we could control it."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2018, 03:23:17 pm »

"We are of an order specifically charged with the destruction of Beasts, Beastspawn, and Beast Worshippers. What about this do you not understand?"

Avanti!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2018, 04:08:41 pm »

"We are of an order specifically charged with the destruction of Beasts, Beastspawn, and Beast Worshippers. What about this do you not understand?"
"Indeed we are, and I find the lack of faith being demonstrated by some of us here rather unnerving."

Slash through the beast's head with my silver scimitar to make a point.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2018, 08:24:09 pm »

"Unquestioning dedication to a philosophy is self destructive behavior. The cultists here believed that the beasts would be perfect creatures, like gods, that would lead them. They blinded themselves to the possibility that the beast would not be what they had thought it would. Their blind subscription to their philosophy lead to their undoing. If the Silverblade philosophy is that the beasts are only ever creatures absolutely dedicated to evil, then I will take that with a grain of salt. I'd rather live a long life, and see many things. I won't let that be cut short by blinding myself to reality."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2018, 08:30:20 pm »

"Unquestioning dedication to a philosophy is self destructive behavior. The cultists here believed that the beasts would be perfect creatures, like gods, that would lead them. They blinded themselves to the possibility that the beast would not be what they had thought it would. Their blind subscription to their philosophy lead to their undoing. If the Silverblade philosophy is that the beasts are only ever creatures absolutely dedicated to evil, then I will take that with a grain of salt. I'd rather live a long life, and see many things. I won't let that be cut short by blinding myself to reality."

"The difference being that their philosophy is destructive, dedicated to the worship of creatures born from evil. Ours is dedicated to the destruction of said evil. If you want to continue lobbying for the supposed humanity of creatures more likely to bite your head off or cleave you in twain than thank you kindly for your continued protection, be my guest. It's your head, bleeding heart."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2018, 08:32:21 pm »

"My heart is not bleeding. I only sustained superficial damage. I thank you for your concern with my health, but I assure you, I'm fine."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2018, 08:37:29 pm »

"My heart is not bleeding. I only sustained superficial damage. I thank you for your concern with my health, but I assure you, I'm fine."
"It's a figure of speech, treeman. Something most humanoid races understand."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2018, 08:42:54 pm »

"Oh. Should've known, to be honest. I will endeavour to remember this in the future."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2018, 08:58:45 pm »

"Brother, if the most powerful mage of all known ages could not control the Beasts, what makes you think you could? It has surrendered, yes, so it will not suffer. Each moment passing simply causes more. Let us not forget that they do not belong. We have no place in their world, but they have no place in ours."

"Beast, you fought well. May peace come in whatever afterlife you creatures have."

Alexander plunges his silver sword into the beast's core, for it to bother nobody any further.
"Indeed we are, and I find the lack of faith being demonstrated by some of us here rather unnerving."

Slash through the beast's head with my silver scimitar to make a point.

The Beast's feeble resistance is put to an end as you both strike it simultaneously. It ceases thrashing, and contorts before shifting into its original form.

"Hmm. Guess you're not gonna change your mind, eh ?" Zork says, looking at Alexander. "Oh well, too bad. Farewell beast !" he declares, with a somewhat regretful voice and a disappointed look on his face.

After quickly getting over the death of his potential new friend, Zork sat down, looking at the remnants of his club. Finding a new one would prove to be a hard task, he thought. After all, it's not like giant pieces of wood grow on trees ! Well, they do, but still, not as easy as it sounds. But before going to find a new weapon, Zork felt like there was still something else he had to do. He pondered this for a moment, looking around the room, before suddenly getting up as he remembered.
"That's right, that shady looking guy vanished before summoning the beast !" he thought. Zork had no doubt that he would stir up some more trouble if they didn't find him first. With that in mind, he turned to the other silverblades, and spoke.
"Hey, it had slipped my mind because of the beast, but the leader of these fanatics escaped before summoning the beast. We should probably go after him, so we can fight more bea- I mean, so we can prevent him from causing more problems." He then paused for a moment, before resuming. "Maybe we can find clues pertaining to where they might have went in here ?"

Look for clues about where the remaining cultists might have escaped to.

Zork looks around the mineshaft. (6) while he finds nothing of note, something pops into his mind as he searches, prompted by his memory of the leader and, more specifically, his guards. They were shrouded in the same black cloaks as the librarian he tailed earlier, and wielded the same undulating daggers...
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2018, 09:23:17 pm »

"Hey, the librarian was part of the cult, right ? Maybe they went to hide in the library ! And even if they didn't, I'm sure we could find some clues pertaining to the wereabouts of the remaining cult members there. Come on, let's go !" Zork says, before heading to the library.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2018, 07:10:30 am »

"You guys are way more in to the silverblades then I am, I only joined because I thought we'd be making a bunch of money and killing monsters, not killing monsters and getting a little money."
Tear one of the cultists robes and use it as a bandage for my leg then go to the library.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2018, 07:31:36 am »

"Hey, the librarian was part of the cult, right ? Maybe they went to hide in the library ! And even if they didn't, I'm sure we could find some clues pertaining to the wereabouts of the remaining cult members there. Come on, let's go !" Zork says, before heading to the library.
Follow.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9