Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Silverblades (5/5, waitlist open)  (Read 15673 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Silverblades (5/5, waitlist open)
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2018, 11:24:59 am »

"Your worshipers are dead, fiend, so save us the time and let's start this already."

Ready both of my scimitars and prepare to attack at the first sign of hostility.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2018, 01:03:40 pm »

Zork sighs, visibly disappointed by the cultists' behavior. "Aww, man, not cool to vanish like this in the midst of battle ! I was just getting warmed up... Oh well, guess the town's save-" Zork laments, before being interrupted by the beast's entrance.

Zork's arms dropped from his sides as he stared at the flimsy abomination in utter disbelief. "Was this a beast ?" he thought, still shocked. It had to be, given the situation... Zork had always expected that beasts were outlandish, but THIS was a real shocker. This... thing standing a few meters away from him barely even looked alive. No animal or monster he had ever heard off looked even remotely similar to it. Not to mention he expected beasts to be way bigger, and bulkier too. If he fought against it, it probably wouldn't last too long, he thought. The thing was real thin, and these skinny limbs looked like he could rip them apart without even trying. Zork was disappointed. He could only hope that there would be more missions to go on, and stronger beasts to slay in the future. For now, though, he had to fight this one.

He raised his club and stared right into the beast's... octahedron with a disappointed look on his face. "Alright mister extra dimensional beast, we're gonna have to put you down. Just stand still and this won't hurt... well, not too much, anyways." He said, in a monotone voice.

Stand ready to react if the beast attacks, but don't charge in unless the others do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2018, 06:46:26 pm »

Jericho gets into a defensive position, ready to counterattack if struck at. He speaks to his teammates:
"I don't think fighting this kind of thing in a narrow cave is a very good idea. We should retreat to the cave entrance, I feel."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2018, 09:07:51 pm »

Alexander takes a swing at the Beast's leg with his arming sword to test how strong it is.

Avanti!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2018, 07:32:55 pm »

"What the hell is this thing supposed to be, I was expecting something huge not, this weird scrawny thing."
Swing my arming sword at the stem like part.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2018, 08:22:40 pm »

"Your worshipers are dead, fiend, so save us the time and let's start this already."

Ready both of my scimitars and prepare to attack at the first sign of hostility.

I AM NO FIEND WATCH YOUR WORDS LEST THEY-

Alexander takes a swing at the Beast's leg with his arming sword to test how strong it is.
(4 vs. 3)
The Beast stops... communicating when Alexander leaps forth, arming sword in hand. His blade bites into the Beast's frontal leg, causing the blisters on it to burst violently into open sores. It staggers back noiselessly, although you feel its oppressive presence manifest far more strongly than before.

HUNTERS WITH BLADES OF SILVER YOU SHALL SEE TRUE MIGHT

The creature grows in size, going from the size of a human to that of a small house, its "head" scraping against the top of the mine. A trio of whiplike appendages sprout from the Beast's stem, and start lashing about the room violently. One of them strikes the stone shrine, crushing it nigh completely.

Azirkan (2+1 vs. 2) swings at the beast's frontal leg with both of his scimitars. The steel one glances off, having hit at an unfavorable angle, but the silver one managed to dig into and badly gash the Beast's leg. Black blood gouts from the wound in intermittent sprays. He manages (6 vs. 6) to extremely narrowly avoid one of the Beast's flailing appendages, and backsteps after his attack.

Jericho gets into a defensive position, ready to counterattack if struck at. He speaks to his teammates:
"I don't think fighting this kind of thing in a narrow cave is a very good idea. We should retreat to the cave entrance, I feel."
(3+1 vs. 2)
The Beast lifts one of its legs. The amorphous blob at its end quivers, and a layer of spikes spreads over it. You backstep back seconds before the club-like leg swipes at you, missing you and crashing in to the stunned town guard leaning on the wall. He, already wounded, is utterly crushed by the mighty blow. You (5 vs. 4+1) hack at the Beast's leg with your emberlog axe, but the creature, extremely agile for its size, retracts the leg. The blow still lands, but it's a glancing one, having not landed squarely. Nonetheless, it dents the membrane on the Beast's foremost leg.

Zork sighs, visibly disappointed by the cultists' behavior. "Aww, man, not cool to vanish like this in the midst of battle ! I was just getting warmed up... Oh well, guess the town's save-" Zork laments, before being interrupted by the beast's entrance.

Zork's arms dropped from his sides as he stared at the flimsy abomination in utter disbelief. "Was this a beast ?" he thought, still shocked. It had to be, given the situation... Zork had always expected that beasts were outlandish, but THIS was a real shocker. This... thing standing a few meters away from him barely even looked alive. No animal or monster he had ever heard off looked even remotely similar to it. Not to mention he expected beasts to be way bigger, and bulkier too. If he fought against it, it probably wouldn't last too long, he thought. The thing was real thin, and these skinny limbs looked like he could rip them apart without even trying. Zork was disappointed. He could only hope that there would be more missions to go on, and stronger beasts to slay in the future. For now, though, he had to fight this one.

He raised his club and stared right into the beast's... octahedron with a disappointed look on his face. "Alright mister extra dimensional beast, we're gonna have to put you down. Just stand still and this won't hurt... well, not too much, anyways." He said, in a monotone voice.

Stand ready to react if the beast attacks, but don't charge in unless the others do.
(6 vs. 2)
It seems that the others have engaged the Beast, and that's your cue for battle! You charge into the fray, (4 vs. 2) dodging the Beast's swinging pseudopods, and slam your greatclub directly into the creature's octahedronal core. The brittle chitin-like membrane surrounding the Beast's top fractures in a spray of black blood. You feel the membrane give way to a substance almost like a mix between flesh and jelly, which is pulverized and splattered about by your mighty blow. Unfortunately, the Beast's shell isn't the only thing that breaks - your makeshift club has cracked and splintered.

"What the hell is this thing supposed to be, I was expecting something huge not, this weird scrawny thing."
Swing my arming sword at the stem like part.
(4 vs. 6)
You charge at the Beast, aiming for its stem, but it lashes out at you with two of its rear legs. (4 vs. 4, 6) the first strike is a complete miss, but the second strike connects with your left leg, tearing the muscle inside and shredding your skin. Nothing's broken, but walking is painful, and as a result, you're significantly slower than normal.

Spoiler: Zork, updated (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2018, 09:19:24 pm »

Hack at the beast's legs with the arming sword.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2018, 09:57:03 pm »

"And now the real fight begins!"

Unleash a flurry of blows onto the beast's legs.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2018, 02:12:04 am »

Jericho ignites his axe and starts swinging wildly. The beast only made itself into a bigger target by growing.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2018, 08:26:55 am »

Impressed by the creature's sudden growth spurt, Zork exclaims "Huh. Seems like this might actually be pretty fun !" before slamming his greatclub into the beast's frail midsection.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2018, 12:07:27 pm »

Alexander slashes his silver sword into the Beast's midsection opposite from Zork.

Avanti!

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2018, 08:18:43 am »

Hack at the beast's legs with the arming sword.
(4-1 vs. 6-1)
You try to hack at the Beast's leg, but its lashing tentacles make such an endeavor nigh impossible. Your arming sword just doesn't have the range, and with your injured leg, you don't think you can dodge the attacks. It doesn't attack you, instead trying to retreat deeper into the mineshaft.
"And now the real fight begins!"

Unleash a flurry of blows onto the beast's legs.
(2, 1-1, 4, 3-1 vs. 1-1)
The Beast, reeling from the powerful blow Zork hit it with, is easy prey. In three quick slashes, its frontal leg is severed, and the Beast seems to lose balance. (5 vs. 6-1) You once again cheat death as the Beast's leg swipes at you only an instant after you dodge. Perhaps it's your imagination, but you think it even grazed your armor - that was close!

Jericho ignites his axe and starts swinging wildly. The beast only made itself into a bigger target by growing.
(5+1, 4+1 vs. 4-1)
You charge forth, (6 vs. 3) sliding under the Beast's flailing appendages, and strike the creature squarely in its stem. Just as your axe makes contact, you release the stored energy in a gout of searing flame, which shatters the protective sheath around the stem. Underneath the stem is a mess of writhing fiber-like cables, which conjoin and form both the Beast's lashing whip-like appendages and its legs. It seems that the flame singed a considerable number of these fibers.

Impressed by the creature's sudden growth spurt, Zork exclaims "Huh. Seems like this might actually be pretty fun !" before slamming his greatclub into the beast's frail midsection.
(1-2 vs. 4)
Zork, with a mighty battlecry, swings his club at the now exposed stem. However, a number of the exposed cables unravel themselves and wrap around his club. They apply pressure, and the weapons splinters like a matchstick. Zork is left holding what amounts to little more than a piece of driftwood. (2 vs. 6) One of the Beast's spindly legs shoots at you, but you manage to roll to the side as it slams into the wall of the mine. You're without a weapon, but you still have both your immense strength and your wit.

Alexander slashes his silver sword into the Beast's midsection opposite from Zork.
(4 vs. 4-1)
Alexander notices an opportunity to strike while the Beast is distracted with Zork, and does just so! His glinting silver blade cuts through the Beast's exposed midsection, the fibers that compose it sizzling as the silver makes contact with them. The Beast totters back as the last of the fibres are cut, and its vulnerable and already wounded head is now separated from its body. A few of the fibres sprout from the base of the creature's head and feebly whip about.

HUNTERS WITH BLADES OF SILVER I AM AT YOUR MERCY

Black blood oozes from the Beast's fractured membrane. It
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2018, 09:17:24 am »

"So that's it, huh ? Well, that wasn't too bad... I hope the next beast we meet will pose more of a challenge." Zork says. He then moves closer to the beast, staring at its "head" with a smug face. "Looks like you're down for the count, big boy. We could kill you right here, and as a matter of fact, that's probably what my fellow silverblades were about to do. But..." Zork pauses for a moment, scratching his chin. "You don't seem like that terrible of a guy. After all, the cultists summoned you here, right ? You never asked for this..." Zork then pauses again, deep in thought. "However, given the fact that you're, well, a beast, we can't just let you roam the land freely. Hmm..." Zork rubs his chin for some time, then snaps his fingers and smiles wide, as if he just had the worst best idea in his life. "I got it ! If you agree not to cause trouble, maybe you could tag along with us, although you'll probably have to shrink back to your original size. You could probably make yourself useful, being an extradimensional being and whatnot, and traveling with a walking octahedron seems like an interesting experience. In exchange, we won't kill you." Zork declares, beforing turning to the rest of the group. "Right guys ?" he asks, with the exact expression of an 8 year old boy asking his parents if he can keep the stray dog he just found.

Attempt to convince the Beast to tag along with your group, and to convince the others not to kill the beast right now.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:54:08 am by Legendary Marksdorf »

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2018, 09:33:49 am »

Alexander has a look of stunned disbelief.
"This isn't like keeping a feral dog as a companion, brother. We are of an order sworn to keep safe the world from creatures such as they, and while it would be a fairer world were all to live in peace, the mind of the Beast is antithetical to the mind of a human. It shall be given an honourable death. Nothing more, nothing less."

Avanti!

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2018, 10:08:04 am »

"Of course, of course, I know all of that. But I don't think this guy is really all that dangerous. It only fought cause we attacked first. And even then, we defeated it without too much trouble, so if it ever acts up, we'll just beat it up again ! We might not even need to come to that, since it is an intelligent being that can be reasoned with. And, being a beast itself, it could probably help us to deal with other more dangerous beasts. I'm sure there's also a lot to learn from something that literally comes from ANOTHER WORLD !" Zork exclaims, visibly excited by this prospect. He then calms down and turns to Alexander, a pleading look on his face. "Besides, the guy's already surrended. Killing it now would be wrong, don't ya think ?" he asks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9