Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Arks Race (Jump 1)  (Read 3513 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arks Race (Jump 0)
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 05:54:24 pm »

I appear to have been delegated to the role of Secretary.

Have to actually try and get everyone on the same page...

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2018, 06:06:31 pm »

Hah. Our great consortium has an organized and reasonable voting system which prevents confusion and poor planning. What does the Company use? A gambling tournament? Yachting competition?

Avanti!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2018, 06:17:19 pm »

Our voting system primarily involves not committing massive terrorist attacks in the name of, uhhh, probably communism.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2018, 06:19:31 pm »

Vote for this spread out along every single option. ...

I am trying to organize.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2018, 06:45:57 pm »

Fool! Space communism is only one of our many conflicting agendas!

Avanti!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2018, 06:53:43 pm »

That never happened.

Agreed, comrade. >.>
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2018, 09:23:04 pm »

Joining the company.
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2018, 09:16:04 pm »

Okay, so, some clarifications:
1.) You can roll attributes projects at an advantage by spending extra dice on certain categories. Such as rolling Time at advantage by spending 4 dice on a project instead of 3. Efficacy cannot be rolled at advantage.
2.) You can only cancel projects during the design phase. Furthermore, you can get dice refunds (abiding the standard random # of dice refunded rules) for projects in the preparation jumps, but these dice of course cannot be banked onto further turns.
3.) You can design "add-ons" to modules (the simplest example being armor) that you build onto modules to apply the add-ons' traits to that module.
4.) In case anyone wasn't sure, you can build more instances of your existing starter modules.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2018, 01:38:21 pm »

I shall... Join.... Tokari.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2018, 01:58:26 pm »

Shouldn't this thread say "Jump 1", now?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arks Race (Jump 1)
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2018, 05:46:59 pm »

I don't know what you're talking about, Madman. It's been Jump 1 since immediately after the production phase ended, and nothing else happened.

So I got two things to say. First is that we're currently waiting on ESI to finish up voting in order to move onto the Revision phase. Second is something more important:

Should the resource system be simplified? The new system would be something like this:
  • You have Gaseous (used for fuel and lots of general "upkeep" stuff), Metallics (Used for construction & ammunition), and Rare Elements, representing harder-to-extract resources that can be used for nicer functional stuff. Plastics would still exist, though it's a minor resource regardless. The resources can be used for things other than their stated purpose here, but stated purpose would be most of its use.
    • Uranics and Noble Gases would be absorbed into Rare Elements (though NG would also have a role in Gaseous). Hydrogen into Gaseous, and Metals/Non-Metals into Metallics. You'd have something around 1,500 Metallics, 1,000 Gaseous, and 500 Rare Elements.
  • Projects only cost dice to progress (and thus the "Cost" roll would be invalidated in existing projects and removed from future projects).

It's pretty similar; just simplified a bit and with stuff abstracted/differentiated. Please post feedback here, but if you have any feedback that relates to what you feel is sensitive information about your side (like "But this hurts the Mega Death Beam project!"), feel free to PM me (or DM me on Discord; either works) about it.
If this change goes through, it'll go through immediately with the design update and all existing things will be adapted to fit with the new system. If it doesn't, then it well, doesn't.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2018, 05:53:14 pm »

I agree with the simplification, though it would make sense if projects that weren't buildable multiple times (infrastructure stuff, mostly) did still have a one-time (well, until you get it shot to bits and pieces, anyway) cost to be paid before it comes online (but NOT before the project finishes).
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2018, 07:02:01 pm »

I feel an understanding of the cost of a project helps.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2018, 11:52:10 pm »

I'm in favour, project cost is gonna be unnecessary limiting in module reaserch.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2018, 12:13:30 am »

I feel an understanding of the cost of a project helps.
How so? I don't think I understand how removing project cost would negatively affect this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4