Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45047 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #570 on: May 24, 2019, 07:09:18 am »

Ask, if our new mantorok spawn friend if he would mind to eat the bastard after him being burned alive

hire both, but say to the mutant that he should arrive a bit later in a combined hour, act as uninvited so we won't lose numbers on the battlefield, when he arrive we will be already sending people to scout and observe our "entry point" and we will be starting our raid

sell the legion gold if needed

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 26, 2019, 11:37:15 am »

Exams have been unleashed upon me, and I will likely not be able to update as often as I would like. Please don't expect consistent updates for the next few weeks. It's not a hiatus, but just beware of inconsistent updates.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 28, 2019, 04:14:34 pm »

Right. Would you mind if the flesh was a tad burnt? I plan on making an example of him.
Allow me to douse him before death, and fine. I’m sure that inviting the most infamous mercenary in this godforsaken area would make enough of a point, but I understand you human’s fascination with fire.
Good to see we’re on the same page. Now, I do want to ask something else of you. I want you to come to an agreed upon area and pretend like you weren’t announced. I want to get some bodies, and I figure that way they’re not going to refuse my offer. Nail will be there as well.
Hm. Fine. It means I get to prepare on my own. Where would you have me?
The quarry, along the road to Lagniappe. I’ll see you there tomorrow at sundown, right?
Very well. Now… Caps, please.

The giant shows her palm to you, and you quickly hand her the money. She looks at the caps for a moment, sniffs, and then lumbers off without another word. Creepy… Still, that thing’s bound to come in handy. It then occurs to you that you’ve been calling it a “she” for a while now. It’s odd, considering it just looks like a massive purple man with a bald head, but something about her just seems to have a feminine air. Maybe you figured that out due to your utter lack of interest in both sexes? It’s mostly in the way she talks, she doesn’t force her growls as much. [Cold as Ice]
Well, apart from trying to gender something that seems pretty much genderless, you have little else to do other than getting back to the bar and opening up shop for some more bodies. With the money you have, you could get about 3 randoms and Nail. You wonder how much Wiggly Piggly and Nail worked together before, they seemed to know eachother. You also kind of wonder what Nail really bring to the table. He could be a damn magician with that bat, but if he can’t get close he’s worthless. Not to mention his Med-X addiction is a liability. But, whatever, he came recommended, maybe he has some other purpose. On your way there, however, you remember something. You still have that pouch of legion money on you. So, you make a quick detour to a shop, and ask if you could get this stuff in caps. Sadly, the answer was no. You could pay with it, sure, but you aren’t going to just turn it into caps like that. You take the legion money back, and walk out of the store after only a minute. A waste of time… Though, maybe you can buy one of the mercs with it? They still accept it as money, if harder to use. You might just get lucky.
Once you’re back at the bar, you just throw a pouch of money on Nail’s table. He hasn’t moved since he told you to fuck off.
Good news, wretch, you’re hired. 100 caps up front.
Shit, what? Neat. Uhh, what did you want done?
I’m raiding Lagniappe. Or maybe I’m raiding the Buzzards, I’m not sure yet. Either way, both these places have a bastard or two that gotta die.
shit, alright. You buyin’ anybody else while you’re at it?
I need some more bodies, yes. Was thinking of hiring a couple randos here. Mercs, not druggies.
Cheaper than me, I’m guessing? I’ll help out, I know people here. Used to be a doctor. That gets people to know you.
What? You are a doctor?
WAS a doctor. See that patch? I was in the followers of the apocalypse, man, they teach you shit. Sent me here on a relief mission, I got fucked up, my missionary got killed, and now I’m too fucked to go back to those guys.
Who are the followers of the apocalypse? Sounds like a death cult.
Humanitarian organisation, dedicated to teaching and healing. Don’t want power, they’re just here to help. I grew up with ‘em.
So what do you mean about not being a doctor anymore?
Can’t get my hands steady, and I’m too whacked out to help anybody. So I just beat people over the head. I can patch people up a little bit, but hell, man, like I know what I’m doin’. I just gotta stop taking this fucking Med-X shit but… Agh. Fuck it. Fuck you.
Sure, whatever. You going to help me with the mercs, now?
Yeah,yeah… Start with that one, he’s a sharpshooter…

With Nail’s help, it doesn’t take long to find three stooges that will help out at only 100 caps and the legion money. A slightly better deal than you expected, honestly. You have a sharpshooter (uses a proper hunting rifle), a shotgunner (he’s got a pump-action shotgun.) and a guy with an assault rifle. These guys are really well-armed, to say the least. Of course, Nail did mention that they’re likely to book it if things get heated, but they don’t betray anybody. Their armor’s crap, too. Still, this puts you in a better position than before.
Now you just need to choose: What are you raiding, exactly? The Buzzards for clout and loot, or Lagniappe stocks, for revenge?

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Enjoying the aftereffects
EXP: 720/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 28, 2019, 09:32:05 pm »

As we didn't got any hint of where the sodom's merc is we will fuck the stock
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 29, 2019, 10:22:06 am »

As we didn't got any hint of where the sodom's merc is we will fuck the stock
+1 Lets go fuck up Lagniappe!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 30, 2019, 05:10:03 pm »

So... What's the plan, boss? Nail asks, glancing at you sideways. He doesn't really respect you, that much is clear. Let's hope you can convince him about the plan.
Well, the plan is simple. Not easy, but simple. I want to take down their stocks. Steal it, burn it, doesn't matter. I just want these idiots to go hungry, force them out of their hole. There are a few ways to get there. The fastest way would be through the main street, but that's pretty much out of the question. The guards are set up to have the height advantage on top of cover, so we're taking the alleyways. Things are too clustered for them to get as good of a shot.
There's one that's trapped. That's going to be our task. Most of you will be taking the more direct route, here. More guards, but you won't be fish in a barrel.
You heard the lady. So you'll be going in from the west, while we come in from the south. Any questions?
Just one. What did that lady just say. Tell her to speak up, seriously.
There's a trapped path that me and some others will take care of. Whisper scouted them out already, so we have an alternate path. Not to mention, there's somebody guarding it I want to kill myself. You get to take the main path, which means more fighting but less traps.
Alright. Second question: why the fuck is that cunt here!?
Nail points to the super mutant Wiggly Piggly, who is keeping her distance for now. She seems to have strapped sheet metal to her jaw, and considering that it's in the shape of teeth, it's not hard to see why. Like a damn beartrap...
I heard the plan, and I wanted a shot at that bastard trader. We can talk after the mission, Nail. The rest of you? If you run away now, I'll kill you myself.
The three mercs grumble, but don't make much protests. The laser rifle the mutant is holding likely helps with that bit of diplomacy.

Fine, fine. So, what, we just make a frontal assault from the get-go? We could try to take it on stealthily. We all go by the trapped path, pop down that one thing you wanted to kill with numbers, and burn the stocks before they know we were there!
Implying you lumberfoots could even sneak about. Leave that to professionals, if you don't mind?
You don't have a stealth boy on you, Wiggly, you're as "sneaky" as the rest of us without that crutch.
How's that Med-X addiction working out for you, hotshot?
You can kill eachother later. Please do the work you were paid to do, first. Anything you steal from the stocks, you can keep. Any questions?
Are we really not changing the plan to stealth? Hell, we could try the opposite, instead. Send everybody to the front, send the toughest of us to the main street as a distraction. The one you want dead, if it is a guard, is bound to come running.
Uhh, you don't wanna do that. There's no cover on your way out, if you come from main road. You go away from any sorta path, you've got dunes, but the roads are made to shoot down anybody stupid enough to use it. Tim says, surprising most of the people here. He's not one to say anything, let alone anything useful.
How the hell do you know that?
Uhh, the bosses told me. We ran our drug deals in Lag, too, until the mayor started cracking down on us. The road's a deathtrap.
Is that right? What if they use the alleyways?
I guess that might work. I'm not an expert, they just told me that when they were cleaning up the last guy's corpse.
Well, whatever. We should just come to an agreement. Let's just...

What is your plan?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP: 720/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP)
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 30, 2019, 08:33:11 pm »

"It's not a guard, it's a merc, it's a ghoul with a stupid armor and probably a plasma gun, if it left the city regularly we could try an assassination, now our bet is that harpoon over there or this plasma gun" point to piggy "unless you guys want to fight alongside the steel teeth, and YOU are a distraction, we will smash that cunt and screw the others from behind"

(maybe even start a fire)

mercs (4 guys) on the alley of the assault
whisper, us, blitz, piggy (two plasma guns), tender (meele),2 harpoon blackfingers (7) on the assassination and flanking

Tim, unless whisper protest he should go with the mercs, say that we want someone we know better to be with them, and if they argue on the difference of numbers say that they got a point, and send tender to "clean" the alleys alongside the shotgunner while they deal with the shooters

be aware, the ghoul will have the first shot on us
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 30, 2019, 09:06:15 pm »

"It's not a guard, it's a merc, it's a ghoul with a stupid armor and probably a plasma gun, if it left the city regularly we could try an assassination, now our bet is that harpoon over there or this plasma gun" point to piggy "unless you guys want to fight alongside the steel teeth, and YOU are a distraction, we will smash that cunt and screw the others from behind"

(maybe even start a fire)

mercs (4 guys) on the alley of the assault
whisper, us, blitz, piggy (two plasma guns), tender (meele),2 harpoon blackfingers (7) on the assassination and flanking

Tim, unless whisper protest he should go with the mercs, say that we want someone we know better to be with them, and if they argue on the difference of numbers say that they got a point, and send tender to "clean" the alleys alongside the shotgunner while they deal with the shooters

be aware, the ghoul will have the first shot on us
+1 Sound good to me.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 03, 2019, 06:15:05 pm »

Not a guard, a merc. It's some kinda ghoul, wellarmed and armored like a bitch. I would have preferred capping the fucker when he was out of town, but as it stands we're better off using either the harpoon or the laser rifle.
Armor's that good, huh?
Damn right. He uses plasma weaponry, since I blew up his laser rifle. At any rate, I expect we'll be taking him head on in the trapped alleyway. So I want you four to run distraction while the rest of us attack from behind. If all goes well, we should be able to support you soon, so no need for heroics. If you manage to break through, you get first pick of whatever's inside their stockrooms.
We aren't about to perform extra for a tato or two, you know.
When was the last time you saw a stockroom with no extra gear?
Shit, fair enough. And hell, as long as the purple bitch doesn't get in our way or tries to eat any of us, it's all fine. Right boys?
The men give non-commital grunts and nods. You only hope they live long enough to actually work out as a distraction. Of course, they could use a little help, if only from the guidance aspect.
Hey, shit for brains? You say, directed at Tim. He instantly grows nervous when you look at him.
You're with the mercs. Directions and backup. Try not to die.
You glance over to whisper, who is already looking at you. She just shrugs and puts her hands in her pockets. Seems she doesn't care that much about the man.
Right, that'll be all. I'll give you all some time to prepare. We'll wait for the first gunshots before we move. Be sure you're prepared for a dragged out fight. Let's go.

The group goes together for a time, but soon the distraction group, led by Nail, splits off to head into town early. They're not recognized by anyone, so they'll be able to just walk right on in. Everybody's armed in Post-apocalypse times, so they won't even bat an eye at the weaponry they have on them. Ambushes really are quite easy out here, isn't it? Now you just wait for the delightful pops that will mark the time for you to get started. Whisper and Wiggly Piggly have gone ahead, to see if there's a hole in the patrols you can use to sneak past. You doubt that you'll find a hole in time, but it can't hurt. You stand there, twiddling your thumbs and waiting for Whisper's signal, but nothing happens for quite a while. You can't always have a convenient hole...
Then, you hear the first shot go off. It echoes faintly, the sound bouncing off the walls into the night's sky. Time to move. You see some of the guards react, even from your less than advantageous position. Some of them are already moving, but not all. You get ready to move, regardless. Just as you get upright, you hear the blast of a laser rifle going off. You see the glowing line of pain impact against the torso of a guard, who falls off his catwalk without a sound.
There, now we have an opening. The super mutant says, clearly finishing an argument she was having with Whisper. You can tell from the stinkeye they're giving eachother. You'll take care of that if it's still relevant after the upcoming fight.
Let's move. Shoot down anything you don't recognize.
You check your revolver one last time before you move on, and then you're in the town.

You only meet the bare minimum of guards on the way to the stocks, your distraction plan is clearly working. Guessing from the sheer volume of fire, you doubt your mercs are doing much damage. Still, as long as that fight continues, you've got a far easier way forward. Wiggly Piggly is proving to be a capable asset for more than just her armaments, as she served as a lift for both Whisper and Tenderloin. Tenderloin is proving herself to be more than capable up there. She may not be very stealthy, but she is very fast and kills quickly. You don't even have to fire a shot as your group keeps moving forward. Then, you reach the trapped alleyway. There are obvious traps, of course, the beartraps will have to go first. You're the only one that knows how to safely disarm these things, so you get to work quickly, the first two are easy enough, though you wish you had a bag of rocks or something, instead of having to snake your hands under it. The second trapjaw hasn't even shut when suddenly, you hear the discharge of a plasma gun coming from straight ahead. With almost unnatural speed and agility, you dodge out of the way with a perfectly executed roll. You need a moment to get your bearings after that one, even. There is no way you can manage that one intentionally. The ghoul speaks, his voice distorted through the speaker in his helmet. It amplifies his talking, as well.
You're not escaping me, Diaz. You think that little distraction is enough? This is a damn killzone!
Blow it out your ass!
Hasn't this idiot noticed how you've got him outnumbered? But, then again...
You risk a peek to see where he's standing. He's at the end of the alleyway, close to the entrance of the storage rooms. However, he's fortified the position heavily with sandbags and a staircase. Making matters worse, that fortification has easy access to the rooftops, and he isn't alone. You hear the occasional ballistic rifle going off, and Tenderloin is yelling that she's pinned down already. Blitz is right next to you, clenching her teeth and holding her pistol in a deathgrip. The super mutant is on the other side of the alleyway, taking cover and taking her own peeks. You're only six feet apart. Then, Wiggly Piggly screams in a considerably more growly voice, removing that faint hint of femininity you noticed before.
I will FEAST on your HEART, WRINKLES!
Her body language is off, too. Still, her laser rifle is ready to go. You'll need to think of something to get around this fortification, and fast! You're not sure how long the distraction team will be able to keep distracting.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP: 730/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP)
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 04, 2019, 08:37:17 am »

Throw one of the grenades down the alley, then go through a building to get behind the barricade.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 05, 2019, 12:03:09 am »

Use syphoning cloud,

oh wait, wrong SG.

+1 to zultan we might gain ground, plus the plasma gun and supressive fire might make them nervous and unwilling

if we get the breach, throw something else in their barricade
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 08, 2019, 05:58:58 pm »

I need a way through these buildings! Who's got a window or some shit!?
You hear two bangs to the side of you, and you see Blitz is marking down a little cubbyhole. You can tell there's a door next to that, but it's obviously blocked off. Blitz is pushing, and you can hear chains rattling on the other side. Must be some kind of guard house, if it's this close to the stocks. But that little cubbyhole looks like a security fall from building it out.
Open it up. Get through there. I'll try to keep her busy for a while longer.
I will FEAST on your HEART! Piggly begins screaming as he leaves cover, blasting his laser rifle wildly. While it isn't accurate, it forces the ghoul to take cover for a moment.
Well, he will. Before you go, take this. You hand her your sawedoff, as your enemy is at medium range, regardless. It won't be too useful right now, but if there's guards inside, Blitz could use some firepower. You hand her a small pouch of shells, as well.
Thanks, pops. Blitz says, smiling as she gets the weapon upgrade. With some luck, the ghoul will have some energy cells to let her use that plasma defender some more, soon. It only breaches your mind what she just called you a tad later, but it's probably not important.
What? Whatever, just remember, open the door as fast as you can. I'll come in and take care of the rest.
She nods, and quickly crawls away in the cubbyhole. Piggly is back in cover already, and you elect to peek your head out for a moment. You fire off a single shot, only sticking out your arm. You likely didn't hit anything, but it forces them down a little longer. More laser shots blast around the corner, and you replace your revolver fire with your off hand, giving a rude hand gesture.

You hear a shotgun blast from inside the building your hiding against. Seems like your hunch was right and the place is guarded. Let's hope Blitz can handle it.
Another blast, and then Piggly begins shouting and firing again. You've never seen an automatic laser rifle before, and you're fairly certain it wasn't what she was using before. Did she tune it up while back in cover? That's some quick work. Especially when reduced to being a raving lunatic. While she's at it, you reload the single fired bullet in your revolver. The new way of reloading is a lot easier, that's for sure. A loading gate is such a pain in the ass, sometimes. It's strange how much you ruminate in gunfights, you'd probably get shot less if you didn't do that, but you're in full cover at the moment, regardless. You already get your fragmentation grenades at the ready, hoping you're not about to hear a sudden squeak of your favourite kid getting murdered. She's too useful to leave, of course, but you're getting a bit too attached.
You hear chains falling from the door next to you, and the door flies open, Blitz pretty much falling through. She's out of breath, panting, and she's covered in blood!
Shit! You alright?
She doesn't say anything, but she waves her sharpened piece of rebar around. Ah, not her blood, in that case. Damn, that was good work. You can tell that she enjoyed it, too, guessing from that grin she's got... Miiiight be a red flag, but as long as you point this little firecracker at the enemy, things shouldn't be too bad. You hope.
No time to think, have to get moving. You're hearing somebody yelling on your side. Remembering to pull the pin out this time, you toss a grenade at the ghoul's little nest.
Now, you can't really claim that you did it entirely intentionally, but the grenade bounces against the wall just right, allowing it to end up behind the barricade.
Shit!

An explosion is still felt as you enter the house. You see the mangled remains of three guards, two of them blasted apart with a shotgun, and the last one was clearly stabbed to death. Blitz must have rushed him down and stabbed him. Guessing from the frozen expression of fear, it was a violent way to go. She must have leapt up and pinned him down before stabbing him to death.
Blitz is still grinning.
When you reach the outside, you see a small barricade to your left, and that the ghoul is still alive. You kind of guessed from Piggly still firing away at something, mixed with the occasional staticy swear. The armor must have blocked most of the fragments, mixed with some timely cover. There is a corpse in front of the barricade, torn to shreds from the chest up. Your grenade hit something else, at least. Well, let's see if the ghoul can take on another!
You toss another grenade, as hard as you can, but mess up on the throw, it barely even reaches the ghoul. At least it cleared the barricade, and you just duck inside the house to avoid getting peppered, and to avoid some of the noise. The explosion shakes the house, and some pieces of pre-war furniture shake apart entirely. This place hasn't been used much, beyond a guard flophouse.
Then, you move out of the shack, and find that the ghoul is taking cover behind a little corner. The barride still gives her full cover from the sides, as well. Fuck.
Blitz reloads your shotgun, and you elect to let her keep it for a moment. Then, you hear a high-caliber shot ring out from across the street. You hear Tenderloin scream another swear. You move behind the barricade, keeping safe for a moment.
Everything all right!? you yell out. Tenderloin answers, and you hope that Piggly's screaming and shooting will keep the ghoul distracted for long enough. The barricade is small, but you aren't visible to your enemy, you don't think. Blitz is still in the house.
SNIPER'S PINNING US DOWN. FUCKER GOT ONE OF THE BLACKFINGERS, AND THAT CHINK BITCH CAN'T MOVE. NO MORE COVER! KILL THIS FUCK, WOULD YA? Tenderloin screams, as another shot flies by, plinking against some metal. Tenderloin swears again, muttering to herself incoherently.
Well. That takes priority over a perfectly covered ghoul shitter. You can tell where the shots are coming from, and the door is in range. You hope it isn't locked, but it seems flimsy. Checking your revolver first, you get ready to sprint.

You ram through the door with a solid shoulder charge, blasting the wooden door off its hinges and sending you inside ass over kettle. You are stopped by some stairs, fortunately carpeted. IT doesn't hurt, but you look a tad stupid. A laser impacts next to you, but you hear a shotgun blast. Blitz is covering you. Good kid.
You clamber up, and sprint upstairs. There should be roof access, and if not you'll figure out a way THROUGH the roof if you must. As you reach the second floor of the ramshackle housing, however, you spot a particular crack between some boards on a window here. You've got a good shot at your ghoul enemy, but if you take the time to line up the shot that sniper might get some more time to line up more shots....
Take down the sniper first, or shoot down the ghoul? There are lives at stake here!

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP: 755/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP) (guard: 10 XP)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:09:38 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 09, 2019, 09:38:00 am »

Lets focus on the sniper and kill it before going after the ghoul again.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 10, 2019, 05:19:21 pm »

You click your tongue in annoyance, and let your revolver hang by your side. You really wanted to kill that ghoul. Let's hope Blitz and Piggly will be fine for now. You sigh and continue heading up. When you end up in the attic, you need to toss aside some old boxes and other junk to reach the window, but that doesn't take long. It's mostly Grognak the Barbarian comics, most of them aged into dust or too bleached from light and water damage to be readable. You flip the window open, and you haven't even put your hand on the window still before a shot flies by and tears off a chunk of wood. You flinch back, splinters raining down on you while the sniper cycles his bolt. It sounds slow, he's either not too experienced, or just has a sticky bolt. Still, he's cycled it.
Then, you hear some muted pistol fire from not too far, and you take the risk. You clamber out of the window and look around. There is some cover around, they clearly intended to have far more men here. Looks like a distraction crew was the way to go, especially with how troublesome thing is proving. You use the cover against the sniper, who was getting pinned down by Whisper. You doubt she would be able to actually really damage the sniper at that range, but he seems unwilling to take the bullet, regardless. Then he switches out from cover, his large hunting rifle flashing forward and firing in the direction of your rooftop allies. Just the opening you needed, what an idiot!
You rush him down, rushing past his barricade with your pistol in hand and ready to fire. Then he jumps from his crouched position with the intent of ramming you! You're too surprised by the sudden attack to shoot in time, and your revolver goes off in your hand as he shoulder bashes you in the chest. He follows up with a crack of his rifle's butt against your face, and you groan in pain as you reel back. You land on your back, seeing stars, and hear the sniper cycling the bolt.
"Adios, amigo." The sniper says, as he aims his rifle at your head.
*BANG*
There is a short pause, smoke trailing from the barrel. Another shot quickly follows as blood gushes out of the wound, finally causing the sniper to fall over. You shot him twice with your revolver, only barely saved by his desire to go for a headshot and having to cycle his rifle bolt first.
"Pendejo!" You shout, kicking the sniper in the chest. You take his rifle and try to get an angle on the street. You can see the ghoul, but you hear a scream of pain.
"Aaah! Wounded!"
Piggly's been hit. Well, you win some, you lose some.

With your rifle in tow, you try to see if you've got an angle on the ghoul, but the bastard moved in the meantime. He's taking cover from Blitz' occasional fire, and also ends up taking cover from you unintentionally. How frustrating! You try to see if you can't get a better angle, but unless you feel like jumping six feet over a nine feet drop, you're not getting to the other rooftop. In the distance, you see a couple more guards fighting by their muzzle flashes. Come to think of it, your distraction could likely use some help. You're down to just the ghoul and a smattering of other guards closer to the stockrooms. You need to take down the ghoul, however, he's going to be an issue real quick. Blitz is a bit too close for your comfort...
What now?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP: 770/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP) (guard: 10 XP)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 10:11:49 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2019, 08:48:13 am »

Lets try to snipe the ghoul.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42