Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45036 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #555 on: May 05, 2019, 06:59:52 pm »

We already opened the box.
The box contained speedloaders, 43 .357 bullets, a copy of the Scout's Handbook (improves your survival permanently) and a bottle of scotch.

Lets read the scout's handbook and see if the doctors interested in the bottle of scotch.

Oh, true, let's read with blitz on the way back to the camp
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 13, 2019, 05:30:35 pm »

The bottle of scotch wasn't that interesting to the doctor, who wasn't in an immediate need to deal with an infection. He's sure he'll come by a better source before the other bottle you got him runs out. Of course, he offered to buy it for the regular price of 5 caps, but that's not the most profitable deal you could get out of that. If you find yourself in need of five caps, you'll come back. You'd probably be better off trading in the legion money first. Even if nobody respects the power of Caesar's Legion in Louisiana, it's still a fairly valuable metal. Gold has uses in electronics, and people still respect the idea of gold for money. A remnant of pre-war times. Still, you've got better things to focus on. You hand the scout's handbook over to Blitz during the walk back, and she quickly tears into the book. You have to admit, these scouts sure knew what they were on about. The best part is, they have a load of pictures to make it easier to understand. You and Blitz both appriciate that little tidbit. It also shows off exactly how to create a basic purifier out of sandand rocks, though you knew that one already. Still, you see a few adjustments you could make to your general design, to squeeze a little more water of a basic one.Nothing that will come up right away, considering your current water collector doesn't work on that particular system. Other than that, the general tips are just great. Of course, this isn't a full book on everything survival. There are many pages that are missing, damaged or even waterlogged (in the desert? How!?) Those pictures aren't always clear. So while you learn a bit, and Blitz learns a lot, you're not the number one survival guru for reading this particular copy of the scout's handbook. You'll have to find more to get some more experience.
Maybe if you were a tad better at retaining some of the information, you might have gotten a tad more out of it. Alas...

When you reach the camp, it sure feels a lot more empty. Shakey and Rotface made most of the noise, and your Blackfinger companions don't talk much. On the upside, Whisper's boyfriend made some food while you were gone. Gecko steaks. They're a tad overcooked and chewy, but you're too hungry to complain about it. Blitz and you continue looking over the book as you go, mostly to help Blitz learn a few more words. She's a fast learner, but the books still uses some complicated words. Again, it's a damn good thing it's got so many pictures. You wouldn't be able to tell Blitz was illiterate just a short while ago. At least not on first glance.
Now that you're back at camp and everybody has some gnarly new scars to talk about, you should start thinking about your next move. Maybe you should try to find a way to gather up some more people, you're kind of running low. Right now you're reduced to Whisper, Tim, Tenderloin, Blitz and the two blackfingers. You don't have much stock in the blackfingers, honestly. Their weaponry won't hold out in an extended fight.
Any ideas of where to start looking? Alternatively, you can start looking into the town again. The same things you learned likely still apply after a few days in the Dump. Maybe you can finally catch that mercenary that's been going around messing up your plans.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Enjoying the aftereffects
EXP: 705/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 14, 2019, 07:10:25 am »

I think we should go back to where we killed Rotface and see if his assault rifle is still there, and maybe spy on the town from a distance.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 14, 2019, 08:47:27 pm »

we already looted the dead after our "relationship" broke

check how is the tenderloin health going and how

discuss with the group the probabilities of sucess( in fact I am telling this just to make sure other players can have a say on this in case you update before them reading):

maybe we could rally the junkies on town? promise a drug or to recruit then to a daring food collecting to anyone that can bring us proper information or help us in a fight, convince then that there is easy bounty and make them move like a horde to the city?

in the arena of the dumpster we could boast and talk about our parties on the buzzards and incite then to go there (making the enemies of the blackfingers to lose members to the buzzards) or to join us

our newest fucktoy friend could really help suggesting where we can find unsatisfied people
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 15, 2019, 04:32:34 am »

we already looted the dead after our "relationship" broke

check how is the tenderloin health going and how

discuss with the group the probabilities of sucess( in fact I am telling this just to make sure other players can have a say on this in case you update before them reading):

maybe we could rally the junkies on town? promise a drug or to recruit then to a daring food collecting to anyone that can bring us proper information or help us in a fight, convince then that there is easy bounty and make them move like a horde to the city?

in the arena of the dumpster we could boast and talk about our parties on the buzzards and incite then to go there (making the enemies of the blackfingers to lose members to the buzzards) or to join us

our newest fucktoy friend could really help suggesting where we can find unsatisfied people

+1 I forgot that we looted them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 15, 2019, 06:08:38 pm »

Hey, where did we put the stuff from Ellis and the other traitors?
Oh, uh, I just put them over there in the pile. I, uh, i got a shotgun and I didn't really... you know. I don't think I should hold that SMG gun.
Ah, yes, the submachine gun gun. Idiot.
No need to be so hostile.
I have no proof that you aren't the one that gave my companion a lungful of buckshot, so I'd watch my tone if I was you.
He doesn't mean it, boy. Whisper says, cradling him. It's less lovey-dovey and a lot more "spider holding its prey". You don't think that there's any love between the two, to say the least. Still, you have to admit, the kid is a hard worker. He just likes pleasing people, a natural sycophant. You don't know what that word means, but the narrator is a tad smarter than you are. 4 INT isn't that great.
You walk over to the pile of loot, and you find Rotface's submachine gun pretty fast. Yeah, relatively simple pipe rifle, albeit with a better balance and magazine size. .32 round don't have that much kick to them, but it'll work. Kind of. The ghoul had some extra ammo on him, though he was down to his last few magazines. Only two of them, and half a magazine remained in the gun itself. It's a decent addition to the arsenal, but you do have one issue. You really only have room for three guns. Matter of fact, you're not entirely sure how you've been holding as much stuff as you have been, up to this point. You can keep doing that, but three weapons is likely the maximum you have room for regarding easy access. You're going to have to put a gun in storage if you really want to keep it, but you'll have to pop open your knapsack to rummage to find it. Not exactly great mid-firefight. Right now, the 9mm  is the easy choice to dump, considering it's a few shots away from jamming up. It really didn't like those thwacks against a ghoul's head. If you had a workbench of sorts, you might be able to put some parts right, but you'll need fresh parts to really fix this thing back up. At this point, you'd likely be better off cannibalising this particular hunk of junk for what few pieces are fine and put it in another 9mm pistol of similar make. But that's beside the point. You'll stock up when you decide to leave again.
You look through the stuff of the others as well. Shakey and Ellis had a sizeable cap hoard, though it was likely to account for travel expenses. Considering the size of the group (before the deaths) these were lean times indeed. You only come out to 150 caps all together. 100 on Ellis, 50 on Shakey. Shakey's knuckledusters are fine weapons, but you're not very experienced. Not too clever with melee either or anything, but unarmed has a way of hurting yourself if you mess up.

You then turn to Tenderloin. It's been a while since you had a chat with her.
So, Tends. How are you feeling?
Antsy. I haven't done shit for a while, and Tim is grating motherfucker. Dude wants to please you way too damn much. Like, fuck, get off my back and do something you like, y'know? By the fucking way, got any jet? This place is dry and I am jonesin'.
Nope. Got nothing. Isn't Jet a bad idea with the buckshot wound, anyhow?
Tenderloin turns red for a moment as she groans in apparent frustration. She clenches her fists, shaking a little.NNNgggh. Fine, fine. Got something else to take my mind off of things? I don't have my gas anymore, i was puffing on the last few bits when you helped out with the geckos.
How many things are you addicted to?
Fuck, does it matter? I try whatever I can get. M-mostly. I don't take Hydra, that shit's gross. Heard that shit makes you grow bones out your holes.
You are a habitual jet user.
S-so? You keep huffing that steady shit so your hands don't shake about to fucking murder you, right? Asshole!  Fuck. I'm sorry. I-I get pissy. Sometimes. It's... nothing personal, I guess. Fuck you, though.
Do you need Jet?
I'll take anything really. Booze, med-x, buffout, whatever. I'll try psycho, too, just won't take more than one at a time,right? Gotta space that shit.
I feel like you weren't this bad last time.
Yeah, well, I, uh, fucking overdid it. And my fucking chest keeps hurting, too. Fucker with that fucking shotgun... Shoulda rammed it up his ass and pulled the fucking trigger.
Hurting in what sense?
Stings, mostly. If I breathe too deep. During the fight with Shakes I felt it too. Breathing too hard. Running away from those ghouls only made it worse. It quieted down, sure, but fuck, man.
Whatever. I'm heading back to the dump soon, anyway. I figure I'll take everybody with me, this time. Might need the backup.
What, we gonna kill one of the factions? Take over!? Ohh, we should get at those slavers! Major brownie points, and those drug guys will give us one hell of a discount!
...Right. No, I'm going on a recruiting drive. Get some junkies, some flesh for the grinder.
Oh... Yeah, shit, The Dump's got enough of those. You gotta have something shiny to jangle in front of those morons, though. Money talks, and money attracts asshats. You're gonna need all of us. Power and money. That'll bring the scum of the earth under your banner.
First, I'll talk with the rest. See what they think of the attack on the larder of Lagniappe.
Pfft, just the opinion of Whisper, you mean? Those blackfinger mutes don't say much, they'll follow you.
Tim and Blitz?
Oh come on, you know Blitz isn't going to go against you. The kid's too much of a scaredy cat to really speak out. Good gun hand, sure, but she doesn't speak up. Tim is just going to follow Whisper. I should ask Whisper to share sometimes. Fuck, might take my mind off this fucking withdrawal.
We're getting sidetracked. I'll go ask.

Tenderloin was right in her assessment, though. As it came down to it, the only one with a real opinion was Whisper, who believed that the plan was "hard, but not impossible". Essentially, she was willing to risk it for the great reward, not so much figuring if it was that possible. Still, she wasn't against your idea of heading to the Dump and starting a recruitment drive. If nothing else, they'd serve as distractions, and they wouldn't even need to be paid if the guards just kill them all. Win-win. Blitz didn't say much, and while the Blackfingers looked a tad dubious, they continued saying very little.
That's as far as plans go. Execution, however, might be a different story. Not to mention, Tenderloin might remain irritable. Maybe you've got something, somewhere, to help "calm her nerves". Of course, you could try keeping her at cold turkey. If she can kick the addictions she's bound to be healthier. Of course, physical addiction is a pain in the ass, you might need a proper doctor.

What's next?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP: 705/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 15, 2019, 09:12:36 pm »

Hmmm, how tender or whisper might deal with the slavers? we can't go ourselves or might screw or relation with the blackfingers, we can convice then to say with those assholes on our behalf while we are recruiting from the unassociated folk, just say that is for then to tell that they should arrive as if uninvited but determined to participate and get their part of the "spoils", say that she went because the chief don't trust a lot big groups for important decisions, plus he (us) wants to grab a name and convince the forces of the dumpto go together against the buzzards, as he experienced that they have a smart leader and this is a danger to the dump and humans, but she knows that he will learn to appreciate the mez if he get's a help, and that the mez will appreciate to screw with his enemies where it hurts

Of course we could just let them die or kill them and argue later "WHY DID YOUR FUCKERS TRIED TO KILL US? HOW CAN WE DO BUSINESS WITH YOU WITHOUT THE FEAR OF A BACKSTAB?"

if whisper volunteers we can be sincere, if we have to trust tender for this we should tell some of the above semi-lies as truth anyway

clear objectives:
rest a bit if we aren't rested
go again to the dump
get help on the arena
get info on the arena about that mercenary (if we get face to face we should say something like "YOU AND ME ON THE ARENA, NOW FIST TO FIST" I think the only way to avoid that weird armor is to punch him to death with shaky's handcuffs)
Those we can't recruit we just incite desire to visit the buzzards arena with our histories
rally the junkies
gangbang the mercenary
get to lagniappe imediatly
raid that larder, the harder and the faster we can

unclear:
trick mez into helping
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 16, 2019, 08:14:35 am »

Hmmm, how tender or whisper might deal with the slavers? we can't go ourselves or might screw or relation with the blackfingers, we can convice then to say with those assholes on our behalf while we are recruiting from the unassociated folk, just say that is for then to tell that they should arrive as if uninvited but determined to participate and get their part of the "spoils", say that she went because the chief don't trust a lot big groups for important decisions, plus he (us) wants to grab a name and convince the forces of the dumpto go together against the buzzards, as he experienced that they have a smart leader and this is a danger to the dump and humans, but she knows that he will learn to appreciate the mez if he get's a help, and that the mez will appreciate to screw with his enemies where it hurts

Of course we could just let them die or kill them and argue later "WHY DID YOUR FUCKERS TRIED TO KILL US? HOW CAN WE DO BUSINESS WITH YOU WITHOUT THE FEAR OF A BACKSTAB?"

if whisper volunteers we can be sincere, if we have to trust tender for this we should tell some of the above semi-lies as truth anyway

clear objectives:
rest a bit if we aren't rested
go again to the dump
get help on the arena
get info on the arena about that mercenary (if we get face to face we should say something like "YOU AND ME ON THE ARENA, NOW FIST TO FIST" I think the only way to avoid that weird armor is to punch him to death with shaky's handcuffs)
Those we can't recruit we just incite desire to visit the buzzards arena with our histories
rally the junkies
gangbang the mercenary
get to lagniappe imediatly
raid that larder, the harder and the faster we can

unclear:
trick mez into helping

+1

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 17, 2019, 04:46:31 pm »

You first elect to take a rest and to make sure that your wounds are healed at least a little. A drink of water and a hot meal go a long way, of course, and you even take the opportunity to take a nap. A comfortable nap on an actual bed, this time, rather than a coma on a slab. When you wake up, you sure feel a lot better. You also look over your gear quickly, and then elect to take the whole group with you, including Cheese Pizza. That will extend the choice on whether or not you'll switch up a gun for Rotface's automatic rifle. As you started picking up most of the gear that can be taken along (you leave the water gatherer here, too much hassle). You also take another look at that deathclaw egg you got. Apparently, it's a viable egg, but you haven't been paying much attention to it. Strangely, it's still warm to the touch. These things must be able to take quite a bit of abuse before they suffer anything catastrophic. Still, it could use a little more love. Or maybe you should make an omelette or something. No guarantee that deathclaw will be docile when it spawns.
You leave it on Blitz' back, and put her awkward box in the trustworthy storage compartment of Cheese Pizza. Everybody else is ready to go. Tenderloin took up Shakey's knuckledusters and some of the other miscellaneous heavy stuff that's awkward to keep around on your robot. Tim takes out his double-barreled shotgun, and loads it. It's the one with the over-under system that you looted during that one ambush that got Tenderloin shot. Well, at least he's armed. That particular model uses 20 gauge, so you're not sharing ammo, either. Also means his gun has a bit less power to it, but he has more range by virtue of it not being sawn-off. Other than that, things seems to be fine. The road back to The Dump is uneventful. You see a single gecko scurrying about, but it quickly decides that your group is too large and dangerous. Animals don't stick their nose where it hurts.

When you arrive, the same mostly counts for the the junkies. Nobody bothers you this time around, though you keep your guns at the ready regardless. You elect to go to the arena first. Well, you won't be going, but some of your companions will. You elect to send Tenderloin, as she's the one people don't instantly connect to you quite yet. You also send Tim along, so that your withdrawal-suffering friend doesn't mess things up royally. Honestly, you doubt you can get a real recruiting run going at a slave trader camp. THey tend to ask money for manpower, after all, but you hope the arena is better for what you intend. You also order them to ask for that mercenary guy, while you start looking around. You don't see much opportnities for recruiting anybody willy-nilly, but after a lot of searching you eventually notice one of the piles of trash has an inordinate mount of christmas lights. Taking a few steps back reveals the lights poorly spell out a word.
"Tavurn"
Right. Classy. Still, these are usually the perfect spot for recruiting.
Entering the place proves to be... interesting. Seems like this is the spot where people who aren't strung out on chems loiter around, getting drunk off tato liquor. You can recognize that sharp flavor just about anywhere. Still, this place looks like it's filled to the brim with tough customers who have better things to do than pay attention to others. Suits you just fine. This is a good place to stop and consider things.
How will you recruit people here? A simple sign with "now hiring" might be nice, but you need an incentive. You can't just rely on the Mez to send you men. At best, you can expect a message.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 17, 2019, 10:46:19 pm »

The bartender/waiter must now his clients, specially those that need a gig or have problems with some the bigger gangs that we dislike,

order a dose of something that is popular around here to drink

pay more for the information

discover who will graciously join us to screw with our common "friends" and those who will try to shoot us when we try to talk. and of course, recruit everything in between with promises of sharing the spoils of war and whatever prize we might get
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 18, 2019, 02:18:28 am »

The bartender/waiter must now his clients, specially those that need a gig or have problems with some the bigger gangs that we dislike,

order a dose of something that is popular around here to drink

pay more for the information

discover who will graciously join us to screw with our common "friends" and those who will try to shoot us when we try to talk. and of course, recruit everything in between with promises of sharing the spoils of war and whatever prize we might get
+1

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 20, 2019, 05:37:20 pm »

What's the most commonly picked poison on tap?
The bartender raises and eyebrow, while diligently making a glass even dirtier through liberal use of a particularly well-used rag. If you're being literal, radscorpion venom and occasionally just a handful of the deeper ashes. Use a rubber glove.
There is a short pause in the conversation. He likely knew that you weren't talking about literal poison, but this is likely the only way for him to mention that he sells poison as well. Maybe. Or they ask for actual poison here a lot.
I was talking things to drink.
Well, then we've got Rotgut. Rotgut for fucking days. Can't get rid of the stuff. And Rüntgen Rum, but I don't sell that unless you feel like taking a radiation sledgehammer to the guts. .
Rotgut it is. Say, if I slip in a few more caps, would you be able to give me a few hints about the patrons here?
Depends. If you're planning on killing them, take it outside. This floor does not clean easy.
You shoes are about an inch deeper into the floor than a minute ago. Yeah, that much was obvious.
I can see that, but I'm hoping to get some useful people aboard.
Ah, for that? Well... 30 caps and I'll give you the rundown.
You silently shove a pile of caps his way, which he happily takes off your hands while handing you a bottle of rotgut he just cracked open. You're glad it's from a sealed bottle, at least. This place looks like they put battery acid in the moonshine.
Right, if you want reliable mercs, you've got a very limited set of options. For one, you've got Nail. He's the fella with the baseball bat and the line of med-x syringes over there in the corner. He's on pain meds ever since some sicko with a flamethrower went to town on him. Still, he's tough son of a bitch that'll do just about anything to score more med-x. You might need to keep him awake, sure, but he does his jobs. Other than that, you've got Mailman over there. He's an ex-courier, so he's a survivalist and combat expert. He's pricey, and tends to let morals get in the way of a job. Still, probably one of the best fighters in this dump. Finally, you've got Wiggly Piggly...
The barman's face takes on a darker look.
Well, I'm happy he isn't in right now. He's a downright terror. A super mutant with a liking for human flesh. He doesn't kill just to please his appetite, but he doesn't need much of an excuse. He's cheap, provided you make sure he's well-supplied with something to fight. He's the scariest, meanest and downright ugliest guy in this bar. Anyway, that's the main bits. You've got a couple generalist mercs, but nothing special. You pay them, they fight, might be good or bad. I dunno. If you just need straight manpower, though, buy a couple drugs and promise more to some junkies. Nobody will miss the wretches here if a couple were to suddenly go missing.

Good to know. Anything you want to spring for? The average merc will ask for 100 caps up front. Drugs, however, go for 20-50 caps each. You'll need a couple freebies to get junkies following you.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP: 720/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP)
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 21, 2019, 09:43:38 am »

I say we hire nail and some of the generic merc guys then wait around and see what wiggly piggly's like to find out if we want to be anywhere near him.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 23, 2019, 06:20:14 pm »

F-fuck, what? You wanna hire me? The man says, his speech slurred. His pupils look small, and his hand keeps spasming. Still, that bat looks damn mean. He manage to get a railroad spike on one end, and the bat itself is aluminum. Looks like he managed to get that spike welded on.
Yes. I need somebody that can hit a guy over the head for money.
what's in it for me? he says, scratching the same spot on his arm over and over. Doesn't take a genious to figure out why that itches.
...Money. Generally.
Got any Med-X? he says, instantly. His eyes almost shine at the question.
Caps can be used to buy many doses.
W-what?
Money can be exchanged for goods and services, you numbskull.
Can't you just pay me in Med-X? It's all I use it on, anyway.
You can't live off Med-X. Don't you need food?
I can scavenge that. It's easy, just beat some geckos and give it to Tavern. He points his thumb at the bartender, who shrugs.
...Right. So I can't get you to join me using money?
What do you need me for?
Fucking up Lagniappe. And maybe the Buzzards.
...What caps are you offering?
100 caps up front and a cut of the loot. Easy.
Fuck it, sure. Don't got nothing better to do. You need more guys? Cuz I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yeah, sure, but I'm hoping to see how Wiggly Piggly is.
Ugh, that purple motherfucker? Shit, that's going to cut into the people willin' to work with you. Piggly's a nasty motherfucker.
What can you tell me about the guy?
...He's big, purple and an asshole half the time. Fuck it, dude, gimme a Med-X and I'll probably remember more. Fuck you.
He slumps back into his chair and shoves a hat over his eyes. You only now noticed he's wearing what looks like a deputy's outfit, although you're fairly certain those pre-war uniforms didn't have so much pouches and pockets. You decide to leave him be. You do notice one little detail about his outfit, however. It's got a strange symbol on the side of his sleeve. A cross in a circle. You don't recognize it, but it seems important, considering it's being called out in the narrative.

With nothing better to do, you elect to ask around as to where one would find the elusive Super Mutant. Eventualy, one of the mercs you talked to mentioned that Wiggly Piggly's at the arena when he isn't here trying to empty a vat of moonshine. So, that marks your next destination. Although you aren't going there yourself. You weren't planning on appearing in front of them quite yet, but your companions are there trying to talk to them. You should be able to have somebody look for Wiggly Piggly.
It doesn't take long before somebody finds him, once you made the call to find them. Blitz was the one to find him, and she brought you to the mutant. He is... certainly different. You didn't expect his skin to be purple, for one. And you REALLY didn't expect the massive pig mask that he's wearing, covering up his head apart from his teeth. The upper lip is held back with straps, and his teeth look... wrong. The teeth seem too large. You never really saw a super mutant's teeth, Alpha's mouth wasn't misshapen like that, he just had normal lips.
Another human. Wonderful. Come to gawk at the nightkin?
...Might be looking to hire him, actually.
That's HER. I may not have much of my femininity left, but I saw pictures.
It's hard to tell how the super mutants intends to come off as. You can't see her face with that pig mascot over most of the facial features.
Sorry. Point stands, are you open to being hired?
120 caps up front, and you explain to me in detail what you want.
I want to fuck over Lagniappe for stabbing me in the back. That means killing Sodom and that merchant motherfucker. Bartholomew.
Really? Do you have others to help you?
A few. I have Nail with me, famous merc, and I'm planning on getting a couple of randos, too.
Nail? Better have some Med-X ready for that junkie. Now, have you heard of my personal tastes?
Nobody went in detail.
I. EAT. People.
Limited to my enemies, I'm hoping? [Cold-blooded]
Well... You're a confident one. Fine, more details: Like most nightkin, I have schizophrenia. That means split personality disorder. I know I have it, and I can't help it. Currently, Piggly is trying to tell me I should crush your head, but I'm not going to do that. She places her massive hand on your shoulder, bending her knees slightly to do so. You clench your teeth unwillingly.
But hell, I need the money, and I hate that Bartholomew motherfucker enough I'm bumping my price down to 80 caps up front. BUT, I get to eat him. His flesh is MINE.
I'll get back to you on that. Anything else I should know?
Nail will work with me, but most mercs are made uncomfortably by Piggly's habits. Don't expect much out of them if you hire me. Ah, and I'm good at unarmed combat and laser weaponry. She shows off a modified laser pistol, looks like a well-maintained Wattz model. Powerful, if those magazines weren't lying to you. She modified it by way of adapting the handle to work with her massive hands. The barrel looks a tad bigger, as well, but you know nearly nothing about energy weapons to say anything.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP: 720/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP)

Caps have not been subtracted yet. You haven't officially hired people quite yet. Make a final decision.
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 23, 2019, 10:00:00 pm »

Ask, if our new mantorok spawn friend if he would mind to eat the bastard after him being burned alive

hire both, but say to the mutant that he should arrive a bit later in a combined hour, act as uninvited so we won't lose numbers on the battlefield, when he arrive we will be already sending people to scout and observe our "entry point" and we will be starting our raid

sell the legion gold if needed
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42