Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45086 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #495 on: March 08, 2019, 07:15:53 pm »

I need to get her to the Organic Mechanic. Whisper, you're coming with me. The rest of you, get to the quarry and get some traps set up. And Tenderloin?
She stands there, with an almost blank expression on her face. Her machete is still over Shaky's throat. He's just crying, not even looking up. You draw your finger across your throat, and Tenderloin does the same with her weapon. The weapon slices his throat open in an instant, and Shaky begins to panic and grab at his throat. Blood leaks through his hand as he desperately tries to stop the flow, but it proves worthless. He loses consciousness in just ten seconds. The ashes discolour from the blood, and Shaky is no more.
Grab whatever was on these traitors. I need to get Blitz to a doctor. Just keep that shit ready back at the quarry, all right?
Sure thing, chief. Tenderloin mumbles to herself Damn it. I liked these guys.
You take a quick look around to confirm nothing is going to jump out at you, and start moving with Blitz in a bridal carry. Whisper is right behind you as you go. After about ten minutes of walking, your arms are starting to burn from the exertion. Whisper spots it fairly quick, and offers to switch. The surprising offer is hard to turn down, and you quickly place the unconscious child on her shoulders in a fireman's carry. The pace actually increases once that happens, too. You wouldn't expect it from such an unassuming woman, but she can still haul ass when burdened. Not that Blitz is very heavy. She's been eating far more than before, and isn't as rail-thin as she once was, but she still isn't exactly at a healthy weight.

You passed the quarry just a little while ago. Despite the higher pace, Whisper was already at the end of her rope. You switch up again, and with the better carrying strategy, you don't get tired as fast while keeping the pace. Blitz is breathing in your ear, and guessing from some of her murmoring, she's conscious again. She whispers softly, just loud enough to hear but clearly not directed at you.
I... I don't wanna die.
You won't. It sounded grim. You were never quite as sure of something as that sentence. And why wouldn't you be? She's already awake.
It hurts.
No real answer to that. She sounds so weak...
You can see the town coming up. Whisper unholsters her pistol, and you both step it up a notch in the pace. The second you enter the city, you get a lot of eyes in your direction. The first junkie that starts heading towards you is quickly dissuaded by Whisper pointing her gun at him. A quick flick with the barrel shows in what direction he should buzz off, and the junkie does so with conviction, diving headfirst into a pile of trash. Just as you're coming up to the Blackfinger's hideyhole, another man comes out of the shadows. Considering he was holding a knife and started screaming, Whisper didn't really take a chance. Three silenced pistol shots later, there was a fresh corpse. You see scavengers stealing everything he has as the gates are raised to let you in. Whisper stays behind, however, as talked about.
Remember, Steady and Stimpaks.
You give her a sack with five hundred caps, and then start your walk to the Organic Mechanic. The Blackfingers leave you alone, considering the situation. You hear Chevrolet yell something, but you don't care.
Blitz' breathing has gotten far too quiet.

You practically kick the door down of the doctor's operating table, and the one that helped you out after the mission with the Buzzards is already jumping in the room, holding a pump-action shotgun and wearing no more than his underwear and a bathrobe. Fortunately, he's got a good sense of gun safety. He's also quick on the draw.
Oh no. Put her on the table! Careful now!
He drops his bathrobe and switches into a doctor's attire, including gloves.
Who the hell shot her? How long ago was this?
A traitor, and about an hour ago. Me and somebody else carried her here.
An hour! Damn it all. Well, I'll just have to work fast... Ah, I see some field work has been done already. Right. Fucking super. Now she's going to have an infection as well! I told Chevrolet that this is NOT PROPER PROCEDURE. Right. Get those gloves on, I'm going to need a second pair of hands. Once they're on, hand me those pliers and the scissors.
The operation continues for a time. You hardly remember a lick of it, as it mostly involved getting different types of bottles and swabbing equipment. By the end of it, Blitz has some very tightly wound bandages around her, and an entire syringe of Med-X in her.
...Right. That should do it. Now... My fee. This was some work, and I don't really like working in the middle of the damned night. Not to mention the Med-X, and some of my own blends... She's hard to sedate, and it will only get harder as she grows accustomed to Med-X. She's a mutant, impossibly resistant to chems... I suspect that they'll just not work at all when she reaches adulthood.
So, stimpaks will be useless?
Those would be the exception, oddly. She still takes up anything that heals, mostly, but chems just don't work. Jet, med-x, buffout. None of that will work. I heard of a few cases like that... The good news is that those people tend to be pretty healthy all-round. Apart from being screwed if they need some way to numb themselves. But, I'm getting sidetracked. My fee is 150 caps. If you don't have that on you, we'll just make it a debt. You're in good with the Blackfingers, so I trust you won't run off.

Well, it's an easy payment. Of course, you could try something else to get the price lowered. Of course, you can get some things done while you're in the dump, if you think of them. Not to mention, Blitz is asleep right now. Might want to wait a bit before you get her moving again.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking horrifically bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer. You've got a massive headache.
EXP: 260/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 08, 2019, 07:45:27 pm »

ask if there is something that could help his hospital that could be worth to lower the price and help both, and all the blackfingers on the long run

If blitz need a bit of rest we can use this time to play a bit with the workshop, see if whisper need something to be bought or something done on a proper workshop although she looks like know how to handle herself well

Chevrolet probably will be pissed if we don't go talk to him, just give a hint of the overall situation omiting some stuff that would make us look dumb, talk about how stupidly frail loyalty by caps is when people don't have a higher reason and how we are mad that we are 4 people short because of a traitor
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 09, 2019, 06:53:58 am »

ask if there is something that could help his hospital that could be worth to lower the price and help both, and all the blackfingers on the long run

If blitz need a bit of rest we can use this time to play a bit with the workshop, see if whisper need something to be bought or something done on a proper workshop although she looks like know how to handle herself well

Chevrolet probably will be pissed if we don't go talk to him, just give a hint of the overall situation omiting some stuff that would make us look dumb, talk about how stupidly frail loyalty by caps is when people don't have a higher reason and how we are mad that we are 4 people short because of a traitor

+1 Just gonna say that we could have spared Shaky and potentially got him back into the group.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 12, 2019, 05:35:27 pm »

Don't suppose I could convince you to lower the price in exchange for a service of sorts?
A service? I'm assuming you mean mercenary work. If you mean to fix something, I have a team of engineers at my beck and call. Well, I can't think of anybody I want dead, but I do thnk you could help me out on something. Contrary to what Chevrolet likes to believe, not all chems are bad. He scoffs as he begins to guide you outside of the operation room. Blitz will remain on the table there, resting. Matter of fact, if I had a steady supply of Buffout, I could do a lot more for people here. It's a strong steroidal compound, yes, but the immediate boost to survivability can't be denied. It keeps your heart beating, whether it likes it or not. Other than that, mentats could be useful... I'm getting side-tracked. The point is, I need a shipment of medicinal drugs. Obviously, we don't work with the drug side of the Dump, and I'd suggest you don't do so either. Blackfingers are a kind bunch, but they do not appreciate people playing both sides. So, here's my proposition. You find a way to get a crate of buffout here, this little work I did for Blitz is free. Not to mention, you'll curry a little favour from people around here.
He stops you from walking any further out the door. He wants to keep this private, guessing from his more and more hushed voice.
Mind you, the Blackfingers shouldn't know about this. They're at a tenuous peace with the rest of the city, and they still don't appreciate any kind of chem that comes in that isn't a stimpak. You'll get your local favour from me talking up a storm on how you helped. They won't ask as to why there are more people surviving my operations, as well. Not that I have a bad track record... Anyway. Go look around for a way to get me a crate, and keep it Clandestine. Nobody should know about this, not the Blackfingers, not the Bangers and not the Mez. They may have info, but they sell information. You know damn well they'll be asked if they know anything about a missing box of chems.
Right. I'll just need to talk to Chevrolet first. I'll be back a bit later, when I've decided on whether I'm doing it or not. How long does Blitz need, you think?
Pff, I'd say she'd better spend the night at the very least. Maybe keep her around until noon, tomorrow. We'll know then if she has an infection. I don't think she does, but I can't be sure. She needs a moment to get past the shock, regardless.
He gives one more nod, and stops himself from falling asleep. You're a bit tired yourself, but not really impaired beyond the ever-increasing NEED for a dose of Steady. Chevrolet was waiting outside the clinic, sitting on a wheelchair. Guessing from the design, he likely made it himself. It's in the same style as his throne.

Ahh, my dearest bishop. Will you charge be alright?
Yeah. She'll be ok. Sorry to butt in at this hour.
It is of no concern. I was already awake, writing in my grimoire. The Angels above must have awakened me for not only the divine inspiration, but to commune with you.
Really? Something you need?
Nay, something I believe YOU might need. I know of your disgust towards slaves, a just position to take. What is life without the freedom to ride or build? Well, the Mez, slavers in this horrid town, have a new collection. I believe they carry valuable men and women. We Blackfingers are a simple people, we have not the caps to buy their freedom. But you... The new Bishop, ready for battle! You could bring them salvation!
You want to start a war with the Mez?
No, no! What I ask of you is to begin a trade, and betray them! Hide your visage, and guarantee that none shall see you. Steal them away, and my Blacfingers shall come.
And what do I get out of this?
Other than granting them freedom? you will soar ever higher amongst us! We are a society of smiths, and we long for a Paladin to put our tools to the test!
That's... vague.
Please, I understand I ask much, but... You must see the value, no!?
Kind of. We'll see. I should mention that I have lost nearly my entire crew, recently. Another betrayal.
Ahh, the fickleness of the wicked. Were they the ones that harmed your little one?
You just nod. You're kind of hoping to leave the conversation, at this point. Fortunately, Whisper is there to get you out of it.
Listen, I'll just have a talk with my companion here, first. Alright? I'll be right back to you on that.
Of course, brother.

Whisper hands you the dose of Steady and five stimpaks. A decent haul. You're very interested in the Steady, as well...You can find a secluded place to take it, you're sure of that.

Well, you've got some fresh opportunities. But you have something important to do first, and it involves huffing some valuable gas.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking horrifically bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer. You've got a massive headache.
EXP: 260/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)

EDIT: reminder for the gangs. The Bangers are the main drug faction in the Dump, and the Mez are the slavers and information brokers. You have already met a high-ranking member of the Mez.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 02:37:28 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 12, 2019, 07:37:24 pm »

too vague, it kind promises that we are going to get a ton of weapons and stuff, but maybe we could make our own reward and convince some of these freed slave as our manpower, they would probably follow us

and the other mission will save us only 140 caps and get a higher standing with the doctor, which I don't know if it will save us more on the long run.

talk with whisper, ask what she saw on her way and how well she thinks we could handle this, (this way if shit goes to the fan it's not entirely our fault) maybe our friend of sodom here also have a uniform or badge? we could steal the slaves and leave behind something that could sour the mood between the gangs

--------------

Another vague suggestion from me and I forgot which gang is which because my headache is playing the wardrums trying to convince me to hit my head against a wall until it stops
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 13, 2019, 05:45:58 am »

too vague, it kind promises that we are going to get a ton of weapons and stuff, but maybe we could make our own reward and convince some of these freed slave as our manpower, they would probably follow us

and the other mission will save us only 140 caps and get a higher standing with the doctor, which I don't know if it will save us more on the long run.

talk with whisper, ask what she saw on her way and how well she thinks we could handle this, (this way if shit goes to the fan it's not entirely our fault) maybe our friend of sodom here also have a uniform or badge? we could steal the slaves and leave behind something that could sour the mood between the gangs

--------------

Another vague suggestion from me and I forgot which gang is which because my headache is playing the wardrums trying to convince me to hit my head against a wall until it stops
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 16, 2019, 03:12:34 pm »

The doctor is easy, the slave trade isn't.
How is stealing a box of chems "easy"?
Whisper just raises her eyebrows for a moment, before pointing at a local jethead who is riding around on a "motorcycle". That is to say, he's running around bowlegged while making engine noises with his mouth. The most amazing part is that he's actually switching gears and imitates the motor pretty well. Of course, the fact that he's going in circles and that his pants are visibly wet do not help. It does get the point across.
They get high off their own supply.
Whisper makes an affirmative hum.
Did you even buy these stims? Or the steady, for that matter?
Yeah.
Why do that if it's easy to steal from them.
Didn't want to start trouble. And they have a couple guards.
Guards of what kind?
Sniper in a tower, two at the entrance of their stash den, chemists seemed armed, and the saleswoman seemed damn mean.
Saleswoman, eh? Second in commands are fairly female in these gangs.
Have to be quick with a gun. Rape is common, buffout accessible.
Natural selection, I suppose. Well, what about the slavers?
Whisper is really sceptical about that one. Mostly because setting up a false-flag operation is hard to do, and she's not super hyped about the idea of face-to-face combat. Not to mention, setting up a deal to take place outside of town tends to involve an investment. Getting privacy is possible, sure, but most likely they will ask for a bunch of caps extra. Not to mention, they include some nasty guards. Also of note is that disguising yourself isn't going to be easy, especially when you've got so many recognizable aspects about you. You're shorter than most, have a slab of gel and hair on top of your head, have a recognizable voice and you're a bit thick. Disguising yourself is going to be nearly pointless.
The thing is, if you want to get that done, you'd need some more people. Unless you want to take the "total madman" approach and try it out with just you and Whisper (maybe Blitz, when she recovers). It's possible, sure, and it WOULD carry the advantage of being easier to get away with. A successful mission is more than just getting the slaves, if you get away with it and don't come under suspicion, that's even better!

It's something to consider, all in all. You could also look around town for anything of interest. For right now, however, you decide to see if the Bangers have any distinguishing features. The Mez didn't look like anything exceptional, other than maybe better weaponry than the average drug-addicted loon wandering about. When the "motorcyclist" from earlies comes too close, you decide to trip for your amusement. He catches himself in a splendid manner, adding a small jump before leaping forward over an impressive distance while screaming bloody murder. He lands facefirst on the ground, and skids to a halt after a short distance. He lays there for a while, but he pops back up before you're done leaving the area. You hear an imitated motorcycle noise start up again, though it sounds as though his "engine" has trouble getting started, now.
Some people are not made for this world.
Once you arrive at the territory of the Bangers, it becomes clear that they're clearly seperate from the average non-member. They've got nicer clothes, and have a tendency to wear a thick plate over their torso. Mostly looks like it was ripped from a robot of sorts. Their weaponry is mostly melee-based, you noticed, and most of them have a cocktail of syringes on their thigh, ready to be injected at a moment's notice. They wouldn't have gotten to where they are with JUST melee weaponry, of course. You bet that cocktail is one hell of a drug. Not to mention, the druggies around here look like they take psycho, guessing from the empty vials. Starting shit here is going to get ugly really damn fast.

So what's the decision?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 17, 2019, 04:51:15 am »

Lets look around the town for anything interesting before we decide on what to do.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 18, 2019, 05:11:11 pm »

It's literally called The Dump. All there is is trash and junkies. There are a few connections to surrounding cities, but nobody's around to explain where those cities are or even why they come to the dump. The guards are not willing to part with those secrets. As for the gangs, you can't go deeper into their territory without being clear what you intention is. There are a lot of dealers, and there is a single weapons merchant that won't deal with you because he knows you have access to the Blackfingers' store. He doesn't like that faction.
The Buzzard factory is still there, as well. Has a few more guards than last time, and it's a few different factions working together. Buzzards are a universal threat, and they'd rather like a proper extermination.

I didn't have time to write out a proper update, so I just gave you the info you'd have discovered. Diaz did not spend a lot of time on this tour of the town.
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 19, 2019, 04:47:11 am »

I think we should just pay the doctor, because I don't think we have the equipment or the manpower to take on any of the tasks.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 21, 2019, 04:26:02 pm »

This was strangely uninteresting.
Whisper makes a noise. You can't place if it's one that agrees with you or if it's just a different kind of grunt. She's a bit hard to communicate with. Whisper and you just sit on the bench, close to Whisper. The doctor understood that you didn't have the manpower or equipment for a job like that. Whisper disagreed, but the doctor didn't really hear her. Of course, Chevrolet is most certainly going to be disappointed that you're not willing or able to help out. Although, there is a fairly generous timescale on it. You could head back and gather up what remains of your party. Tenderloin, Tim and the two Blackfingers are sure to even the odds. You should think of arming Tim, with that in mind. The kid may have come from nowhere, but if he was going to betray any of you, he would have done so already. Considering he went from being mocked and ridiculed to being in a group that just kind of mistrusts him (plus a friend with benefits), it's not hard to see why.
You know... What IS the relationship between you and Tim?
...A fling. I like having something to keep me busy.
You seemed more like a loner. Didn't expect you to like companionship like that.
I Like being alone. Don't much fancy being lonely.
I can get that. So... how physical is this, anyway?
We mostly just cuddle. I like being the big spoon.
Is that right? Figured you more for the -
Sex happens a lot too, of course. I had to break him in the first time. He went along pretty quick, though, once he realized I wasn't going to kill him.
How come you're willing to talk so much, anyway? Shit, I'm even starting to understand you consistently.
You're my only employer, and I like your style. Your hair's nice and you treat kids well.
Well, thanks.
I was in the same boat as Blitz, once. Little slave girl. I freed myself, though. The piece of glass cut me more than it cut the slaver, but my hands would heal.
She shows her hands, taking off her gloves. There's still a lot of scars on the palms of her hands, and you doubt they were just from the glass shard story. She just stares at her hands, her face mixing in a myriad of emotions. It's quite unlike her.
...We're all falling apart. she says, softer than before. You didn't quite catch it, though you heard the tension behind it. This is exceptional, from her. You doubt you're going to catch that moment of weakness again in the near future.

Then, she shakes her head and puts her gloves back on. They're fingerless, allowing full dexterity. Then, she comes closer to Blitz, to check up on her. She presses the back of her hand against Blitz' head. She recoils, just a little bit.
Something wrong?
She's burning up.
You head over there yourself, and take your own check of her body temperature. You touch her forehead, and sure enough, she has a fever. You carefully take her shirt off, and take a look at the stitched up wound. It looks inflamed, all right...
Better not let this fester. You head to the doctor's quarters, and get him out of bed again. By now, however, he didn't even bother going to sleep. He was even in his doctor's attire, though he was snoozing in his chair when you entered the room. It doesn't take long to explain the situation, as he expected it.
Damnation... I had hoped we avoided it, but infection was likely. Well, I guess we should just look at how well her body's going to be resisting it.
The doctor follows you, stifling a yawn. He doesn't bother with the forehead, instead placing a thermometer in her mouth and giving it a few moments.
103 Fahrenheit. Yeah, this is a fever, and not a small one, either. Flesh is inflamed... Yeah. All right. I'll have to get some disinfectant, but...
Let me fucking guess. You don't have anything?
Not since the Buzzard attack. Look, I don't think we need anything too special. Bottle of whiskey or some other strong liquor. Vodka, rum, absinthe... Whatever. If you can get some real, proper stuff, that'd be even better. Thing is, those just aren't available for sale. You'd have to look into the stocks of the Mez. They deal with a lot of infections, they should have some. Alcohol's cheaper, and it should work. Mind you, your girl's tough... She might tough it out, but as a doctor I can't tell you to rely on that.
...Right. Where would I be able to buy a bottle of liquor?
Bangers, obviously. Just talk to Black Pete. He's the guy in the purple trenchcoat at the entrance to the town. If you come from Lagniappe, at least. He sells the alcohol. Get the expensive bottles, he waters down the cheaper ones.
Fuck, all right. How much time do we have?
At this stage? A few hours. If you see an opportunity, get the proper medical stuff. Hell, you could probably get it in exchange for an I.O.U. from the Bangers. Chevrolet will understand if it's for Blitz. He had a daughter of his own, you know.
HIM?
Get going!

You step outside the hospital. Damn it all, what are you going to do...

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You can't do anything that requires your fingers. Your headache isn't as bad anymore, but it's a very constant, thumping pain. You NEED steady.
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 22, 2019, 05:27:45 am »

Run over to Black Pete and buy the expensive alcohol.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 22, 2019, 10:41:52 pm »

just take that steady before anything
Novice english wordsmith

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 24, 2019, 03:09:04 pm »

just take that steady before anything
+1. Wouldn't want to drop the bottle on the way back.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 24, 2019, 05:56:29 pm »

Is now really the time for that?
Shut the hell up, I need this. You say, taking another huff from the steady. It's not the best, and you think you smell a little gasoline in there, but it still gets you your buzz. Your hands stop shaking, and your vision clears. You breathe out a sigh of relief, roll your neck, and get moving.
Alright. Now I'm good.
You should kick that habit.
Screw you, do you have any idea what that stuff can do for you? You can hit a bloatfly at 500 meters with this little booster.
She looks at you with a disapproving eyebrow raise. Well, you've got better things to do than regard her opinions on your drug use. She doesn't say anything else as you head forward through the dump and towards the entrance. You have your hand on your gun as you walk. You don't much care for the looks you're getting. As you keep walking, you also notice that there are less and less junkies around, apart from the ones that are completely gone or asleep. You'd love to chalk that up to night-time, but you doubt this is the type of city that has a proper day/night sleeping cycle. Guessing from all the different lanterns, at least. You spot "Black Pete" pretty fast when you reach the edge of town. He's not hard to miss, with his bright-purple trenchcoat and equally purple hat with a feather sticking out of it. He turns when you come closer, already expecting a sale.
Welcome, stranger!
To your dismay, he dramatically opens his trenchcoat, flashin the contents below for all to see. Fortunately, he's wearing normal leather armor under there. The large selection of bottles in the different coat pockets are more interesting. He's got a lot of basic alcoholic drinks, and a few more esoteric ones. You rarely see Rotgut or Rüntgen Rum outside of NCR territory...
Got a selection of good things on sale, stranger. He says, his voice rough and muffled behind a bandana. If it wasn't for his trenchcoat and fancy hat, he'd be impossible to spot in the dark.
Whiskey. Shit, anything with a lot of alcohol?
Need to forget something, stranger? Or have you got a little friend in trouble? Hehehe... Fifty caps.
That's insane! It's just a bottle of fucking whiskey!
I could lower the price for a little... help.
Fucking hell, just give me a reasonable price! I have shit to do and I'm not doing any of this fucking quest bullshit!
It's not hard, stranger. Y'see. You've already been picked.
You suddenly hear whisper behind you. She's hard to hear, but you think you get the gist.
Trouble.
You turn around, unholstering your gun, and see six people in front of you. They look lean and mean, and there's a larger guy in the middle wielding a particular revolver. He's spinning it around in his hand. He has a cigarette in his mouth, and he speaks with a particularly southern drawl to his voice. He's a dirty blonde, and wears an honest to god cowboy hat. Even has the boots, too! His clothing is more "normal", looking like a long-sleeved leather jacket.

So. I hear you've been fucking with the drug supply to Lag? he says it while cocking his head sideways and smirking. He really thinks he's hot shit, but if he keeps spinning that revolver like that...
I don't know what you're talking about.
Little birdy came by to tell us to look out for a short guy with pompadour hair. Hell, I respect it, but for the bounty the Bangers are askin' I won't cry for the loss of such good hair.
And if I'm wrong?
Shit, you're associatin' with a fella that the Mez wants brought before 'em.
Simple misunderstandin', Hoss.
Ah, shut up, Pete. I wanted to pop you for months.

This is looking like a fight. But maybe you can talk your way out? Make your choice.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Drugged up and DAMN ready for action!
EXP: 260/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b]
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42