Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45097 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2019, 09:41:42 am »

I say we alter the dummy with different clothing or something, then wait maybe two or three minutes and see if the other sniper fall for it, then fill him with holes like the other one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 26, 2019, 05:44:31 pm »

...I don't think he's taking the bait. you say, after about five minutes of waving around the machete with your shirt hanging on it.
Really? Who would have guessed he had more than two brain cells to rub together. Rotface says, sarcasm dripping off his words. It's practically splattering on the floor it's so thick
Shut up, Rotface.
Well, what's the next step of your master plan?
I'm thinking, i'm thinking!
Maybe one of us can sneak out?
No chance, he's looking for movement. Any movement. If he gets a bead on you you're dead!
Maybe we can make a shield?
With what!?
What if we use that box?
Penetration, numbskull. That box isn't going to stop a bullet. At best, you'll just end up with splinters on top of your bullet wound.
...I've got another idea.

Blitz rapidly begins to crawl to the ladder, and heads down. It's almost scary how fast the scrawny little kid can go when lying on her belly. You lie there, staring at the floor for a few moments, before Blitz comes back up with the box.
If you're going to try and play shield with that fucking thing I will just knock you the hell out.
No! He's all tense and looking for movement, right? What if we shove the box down, make it look like somebody's trying to get away? The ash should make it hard to tell, right?
Hell, it's worth a try! Ellis yells. Considering there's no loss in it if it doesn't work, you just throw the box forward. Ellis is the one to give it a solid enough push for it to head down. There is a small cloud of ash as it goes down and after a hot second, you hear the shot ring out.
GOT THE FUCKER, OVER THERE!
You perform the same strategy as with the previous sniper, with Rotface providing covering fire while you and Blitz try to take the sniper out. Unfortunately, this one is dug in like a tick, having a sizeable ash bank to hide behind. When Rotface has to reload, you're back to square one. While you know his location, he's not coming out quite yet. If anybody tries to leave, even while you're keeping watch, it's likely he'll get a potshot off. It's risky to try, and...

Hhh HAAAAAghhh!

Just then, seemingly out of nowhere, a ghoul sprints into the cave and jumps towards Blitz! Your little buddy is quick enough to roll to the side, letting the feral bastard bite the rock floor instead of her. It quickly recovers, spasming and twitching, and it rapidly head to Blitz again, who is currently screaming. Along with everybody else, mind you. When you finally get around to trying to get a clear shot, you suddenly hear the satisfying sound of a plasma pistol launching it's payload, followed by the ghoul suddenly quieting down as it gets the air knocked out it from the pain. Two more follow-up shots from Blitz kill it outright, splattering half the creature's torso on the floor. Against the odds, the insides of the ghoul don't smell worse than the outside.
...Shit. Looks like the ghouls are arriving. Faster than I thought, a pack must have wandered close.
You hear more raspy screeching in the distance. When you look back at where the sniper was, you see a collection of ghouls overwhelming what looks like a woman. Good riddance, you figure. Of course, there's a lot of ghouls coming to your cave, as well.

Get people together and MOVE OUT
It's now or never. You'll have to push through the ghouls with the wounded in tow.

Go deeper and wait out the storm.
Not all of them noticed. If you head deeper now, you can wait for the ghouls to go away. Less risk, but it eats up time.

Other.
If you have an added plan on how to do either of the above, be sure to mention it!

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking really bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer. You've got a pounding headache already...
EXP: 60/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 27, 2019, 08:18:21 am »

We need to quickly pile some stuff and deploy the bear traps in the mouth of the cave.
Then we:
Go deeper and wait out the storm.
Not all of them noticed. If you head deeper now, you can wait for the ghouls to go away. Less risk, but it eats up time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 28, 2019, 05:46:22 pm »

If we wait nubsy will die and it will be blamed on us
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 28, 2019, 05:54:22 pm »

Yeah, we need to get out of here. We can push through as a group and let whoever set the flares deal with the actual horde of ferals.

Get people together and MOVE OUT
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 28, 2019, 08:45:55 pm »

Yep, Get people together and MOVE OUT
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 01, 2019, 06:50:19 pm »

We can't stay here. Give the call down there, we're moving through a sea of fucking ferals.
The group is quick to get to work, gathering up Nubsy and getting both Whisper's new boytoy and one of the Blackfingers to carr him. They're capable enough, and their weaponry wouldn't really help much against a charging horde of half-naked lunatics. You fire off your double-barrel at the first few ghouls charging in, the buckshot peppering several ghouls at once. You finish it off with the second barrel, and get to reloading. After another yell of telling them to hurry it up, people are finally all ready to get to running. The sun is nearly gone, and you're desperate to get those last rays of sunshine to make your escape.
Fighting ghouls doesn't become easier in the dark.
You and Blitz will take the lead, as you have the most weapons and ammo on you. Not to mention, your shotgun and her plasma defender have the highest amount of damage at any given time, period. You're glad you're essentially just skeet shooting with your pellets at this point. Damage doesn't matter so much as it is weakening them for a killshot from the people behind you. Tenderloin, despite her objections, was put close to Nubsy and the guys carrying him. She's mostly intended as backup, and as much as she'd like to claim otherwise, she just doesn't have the equipment to deal with more than a few ghouls at a time. Shaky is in the same boat, though he complained a lot less. His knuckledusters are going to be damn bloody by the end of this. The Blackfinger also sticks close to his friend, and considering how slowly his weapon fires you can see why. He's got a large wrench as a backup, at least. The middle group is Rotface and Ellis. Rotface is running low on ammo, but he has enough to take down anything that gets past you and Blitz. Whisper doesn't have much of a role, spending her time wherever she figures she's useful.
You can only hope the group dynamic will work out, you're kind of winging it. [CHR and INT check. Results: ?]
Now that everything is planned, it's just a matter of execution.

The first step is getting down the hill, and not attracting EVERY single ghoul. The sniper is still fighting, but it doesn't sound like she'll hold up for much longer. Making matters worse, there's a glowing one as part of the group that's going to finish tearing her apart. Her pistol sounds like it's a high calibre, but it won't help against this amount. You stumble down the hill, careful not to fall, and you keep watch as the rest of the group follows.
LEFT! Blitz yells, and a green flash illuminates the evening light and is quickly followed by a ghoul's final gurgle. You turn around, and fire off your shotgun at the nearest ghoul sprinting close, babbeling and twitching. The damn thing has armor on! It tackles you to the ground, not even phased by the buckshot that hit the skin. Before anything else can happen, however, two pistol shots blast away chunks from the ghoul. The party keeps running, Tim is carrying Nubsy's legs and looks downright terrified. You kick the ghoul corpse off of you, and scramble to your feet to keep on running. You quickly catch up to Blitz, who was leading the way back to the road. The road will be marginally safer, by virtue of an easier to walk on ground. You blast your shotgun again at one of the ghouls approaching from the sides, and it crumples into a heap, this time. Unfortunately, your luck just ran out. A plethora of roars and wheezed screeching indicates that the glowing one's entourage finished off the sniper and is now going towards your very noisy group. Damn it all!
MOVE! MOVE! MOVE! You bellow, holstering your shotgun to switch to your .357. You're shaking so bad from the withdrawal and the nerves that you fail to even fire off a shot before your revolver flies out of your hands. The rotten corpse from the right jumps towards you, and is only narrowly stopped with a burst from Rotface. No time to think, you shoulder bash the falling corpse out of your way and unholster your 9mm pistol instead. The .357 is lost, nothing to do about it. Looking behind you, you see the glowing one surrounded by almost a dozen ghouls, sprinting in an unnatural way, arms flailing and stumbling. Every stumble is recovered impossibly fast, they just crawl on their knees until they push themselves back up. The glowing one is enraging them even further, and that mutant is mighty fucking pissed too. It roars again, seemingly pointing at your group midsprint. It distracts you long enough that you stumble over another ghoul corpse. Whisper gives a shout, most likely having shot that thing. You're being fucking worthless right now!

Then, you hear it, a scream from the back. A particularly fast ghoul managed to reach the group, but you can't spend any time to check. You fire off three shots to take down another errand ghoul,endlessly charging forth from the darkness. The last rays of sunlight disappear just as the slide on your pistol goes back. You're shaking so hard that reloading is damn hard. Blitz is having the same trouble in this dead sprint. Ellis and Rotface take over as front guard while you and Blitz try to reload. You almost drop the magazine twice, but you eventually manage to get it in there. Blitz, however, is still having trouble. Your lungs are burning from the effort, and some of the faster ghouls are catching up. Tenderloin and Shaky are holding them off, but neither of them are good for fighting when being chased. They have to stop in order to give a solid hit, but stopping now would be suicide. The people carrying Nubsy are starting to pant, and you can hear Tim screaming in fear as his carrying partner huffs and puffs, clearly exhausted. You look back to your flank just in time to see two more ghouls. Children, couldn't have been older than eight...
It takes you three shots before you even hit the first one, though it was fortunately enough. The other one...
Miss... Getting closer.
Miss... The ash springs up next to its feet, the ancient running shoes falling apart as the little creature screeches.
Miss..!
If it was any bigger, it would have killed you. Tackled you and cause you to be trampled by your own companions. However, it instead latches on to your upper body, biting down on your arm and bashing your chest with it's little arm. You keep running, despite the baggage, and bash the little twerp to the side of the head with your pistol. After the third whack, it finally lets go. You look back, half-dazed from the insane assault, and see Tenderloin stomping on the ghoulish child as she runs, while giving another hit to a ghoul that is already spilling its guts. Open stomach, and it's still going!?

You reach the road, and the ghouls are starting to peter out, only...
T-THE GREEN ONE'S STILL FUCKING COMING Tim screams, dropping Nubsy on the asphalt as he scrambles to get himself to safety. The glowing one is right on top of you, along with his entourage of ghouls. It's going to strike the party like a damn truck, and Nubsy's right on its path! The Blackfinger carrying him looks completely haggard, only shakily getting out his speargun. Everybody is too tired to keep running, you need a way to deal with the damn glowing one!
Nubsy's body will distract them. Won't it?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking horrifically bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer. You've got a massive headache
EXP: 160/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 06:58:00 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 02, 2019, 09:44:31 am »

I knew running was going to be a bad idea.

I say we leave Nubsy behind he was probably gonna die anyway, and we should keep running for a bit and shoot any that continue to chase us with the shotgun.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 03, 2019, 06:36:14 pm »

Fuck it! Drop the fucker and keep running!
You son of a bitch! I'm not leaving my men behind! Ellis yells, turning on his heels and firing off his pistol at some of the ghouls.
He's dead anyway! We don't have time for-SHIT! You have to kick away another ghoul before you even finish speaking, firing off your pistol's last few shots. At this range, you don't miss. The upside to standing still is that Tenderloin and Shaky are finally able to do some real work, though they're obviously tired from the dead sprint they just had to do. Tim is already starting to run away, and Whisper is close behind. She's still firing at the ghouls, however, so she's just making distance, maybe. Blitz' plasma defender is finally empty, forcing her to fall back to her 10mm pistol instead. She's yelling in a combination of adrenaline and pure terror, which is really not helping your general disposition about the situation.
I'M LEAVING. ANYBODY WHO DOESN'T WANT TO DIE, FOLLOW ME!
The blackfingers follow you, and so does Tenderloin. Whisper and Tim are already retreating as is. When Ellis looks around, he quickly sees it's just him and Shaky defending Nubsy's body. He fires off a few more shots, but it's not enough. The glowing one practically flies over the sand dunes, and lands on Nubsy's prone body. Shaky attempts to get him off, but it's too late. The ghoul grabs Nubsy's head and begins to grind its gnarled teeth against his face. There is some final, futile twitching as Nubsy dies.
NO! FUCK! Ellis yells, clearly anguished. He fires off more shots into the putrid flesh of the glowing ghoul, but it's pointless. The creature is too far gone to be phased by some pistol. Shaky is already retreating, as the ghouls follow suit on their glowing leader. Nubsy's corpse is quickly mutilated by an avalanche of kicks and flails from the remaining horde.
You just made distance, in the meantime. You just kept looking behind you as you went, keeping track of how much longer Nubsy's corpse was going to be useful to you. Shaky and Ellis are also following, Shaky is still limping along. Right, he's been working on nothing but Med-X... All that running won't have been good for his leg.

Eventually, you decide that you're far enough. The glowing one can still be spotted in the fresh night sky, but it's distant. Most likely, it will be taken down by some particularly well-armed caravan guard, now that it and it's posse are out on the road.
Alright... Everybody? We can take a fucking break. Shit... You nearly collapse right then and there. So much running, combined with fighting... It'll leave anybody winded.
Fuck, alright. New rule. We DON'T go back to potentially trapped places, alright?
It was worth a damn check. How the fuck was I supposed to expect a fucking ghoul horde?
The snipers alone fucked us.
Yeah, yeah... Fair enough.
Just as you look up instead of staring at the ground while panting, you get to reloading your guns. Without a raging ghoul in your face, it's a lot easier. Just as you click your shotgun closed and holster it, you see Ellis is charging at you! He roars a little just before impact, but you're quick enough on the draw, despite being tired. You shoulder bash him just as he lands, hitting him square in the chest. He reels back, catching himself on his hands. However, before you can ask him what his problem is, he uses his prone position to tackle you to the ground using a football charge. You let yourself fall, twisting sideways as you grapple him. The landing is rough on both of you, but you're stronger than him by quite a lot. In just a quick pull, you place him under you and grab him by the collar.
And what is your problem. You say, bringing him close enough to smell your breath through your scowl. Before he can try anything funny, you bash his head against the ashen ground. He doesn't struggle anymore, instead staring off to the side. You keep looking him in the eye, and when he still doesn't answer you raise your fist to beat it out of him. A warm hand suddenly grabs your fist.
Diaz. That's enough. Get off him.
Fucker attacked me first, in case you missed that!
Yes. And now he's on the ground and calmer. You just killed another one of our men, Diaz. He doesn't take that well.
What, did I fucking shoot him!?
You basically did. What the fuck were you thinking, going back there?
You followed
And that excuses it? I followed the group, yes, but you were leading. You know what, Diaz!? He scrambles up, and you get ready to toss his salad in response. You're no brawler, but hell if you're going to let a punk like him take you down. Instead, Ellis just dusts himself off and looks at you, resolute.
I quit. I'm not sticking around for you to kill the rest of us. Go fuck yourself. Shaky, Rotface, Whisper! Come on. We're leaving this fuckface.
Wha- HEY! We had a deal!
Shoulda gotten it in writing. Besides, we're not getting any money out of this, are we?
Shaky and Rotface stand near Ellis. Rotface looking resolute, while Shaky looks kind of apologetic. You figured that much, Shaky's fiercely loyal to Ellis. And Rotface doesn't like you (and you don't like him). Of course... That does leave Whisper. She's still standing next to you.

Whisper... We're leaving this midget.
Yeah, I'm staying. I want that money.
What.
Uhh, she wants to get the reward, I'm guessing. I'm sticking around too, b-by the by. I... You know.
Following us was not on the table, dumbass. Even if you are Whisper's little boytoy. Rotface adds, a bit more vitriolic that you're used to.
Oh shut up.
Oh YOU shut up. You wanna stay and get killed, be my fucking guest. I didn't survive the bombs to let some guy with crap hair and his little shit kid lead me to my fucking death.

That guy did NOT just say that. Well, how will you deal with this treachery?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking horrifically bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer. You've got a massive headache.
EXP: 180/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:42:30 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 04, 2019, 08:08:57 am »

Let them leave we don't need to be starting any more fights.

IGNORE THIS.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:40:04 am by King Zultan »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 04, 2019, 04:03:38 pm »

We are "cold as ice" and "big dog" we should BARK while looking at then as a pitiful existence

I recognize that last move was a bad one, But I am surprised that you are alive so long in this souless world, having no guts to face the consequences of your choices and to stick to the end, maybe YOU, rotface, just lived long enough because you needed that "shitty kids" had to tell you when to properly leave a battle..."

by this point they are a bit outraged, start big dog talk

"... you entered for the money and for the revenge and want to leave for none? are you mad? Discount it on THEN, are you mad at the buzzards? we can go back there and train shooting on their heads later and start a fire on their compound, remenber WHO is your enemy and it's not me, do you feel the rage? So do you feel MY RAGE, so we treat shaky leg and burn these fuckers

Wait for the results and then let whoever want to leave move. just look disappointed on them

If rotface looks like it want's to fight just say something on the line of  "okay, we have unchecked anger against each other, so let's draw a circle and punch each other a bit to ease the desires, first to get on the floor or outside the circle looses, I am a bit shaky because of the abstinence but both of us aren't a professional brawler like shaky so we are gonna be okay" (Yes, that is THE PERFECT MOMENT TO DO THIS JOKE :V)

later we say that maybe it's better to send shaky to be treated by the blackfingers (maybe we should go along to make sure that shaky isn't going to talk badly against us and bring someone with us to buy the freaking steady)

Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 05, 2019, 04:39:19 am »

We are "cold as ice" and "big dog" we should BARK while looking at then as a pitiful existence

I recognize that last move was a bad one, But I am surprised that you are alive so long in this souless world, having no guts to face the consequences of your choices and to stick to the end, maybe YOU, rotface, just lived long enough because you needed that "shitty kids" had to tell you when to properly leave a battle..."

by this point they are a bit outraged, start big dog talk

"... you entered for the money and for the revenge and want to leave for none? are you mad? Discount it on THEN, are you mad at the buzzards? we can go back there and train shooting on their heads later and start a fire on their compound, remenber WHO is your enemy and it's not me, do you feel the rage? So do you feel MY RAGE, so we treat shaky leg and burn these fuckers

Wait for the results and then let whoever want to leave move. just look disappointed on them

If rotface looks like it want's to fight just say something on the line of  "okay, we have unchecked anger against each other, so let's draw a circle and punch each other a bit to ease the desires, first to get on the floor or outside the circle looses, I am a bit shaky because of the abstinence but both of us aren't a professional brawler like shaky so we are gonna be okay" (Yes, that is THE PERFECT MOMENT TO DO THIS JOKE :V)

later we say that maybe it's better to send shaky to be treated by the blackfingers (maybe we should go along to make sure that shaky isn't going to talk badly against us and bring someone with us to buy the freaking steady)

+1 Lets try this first instead,

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 06, 2019, 04:54:06 pm »

So, that's it. You're pussing out because of some consequences to one bad call?
One of several, dumbass.
Uh-huh, and are we going to gloss over the shit decisions you people made? Are we going to forget my good calls? And you, you ghoul fuck, this kid's the only reason you figured out that you needed to leave a fucking slaughter.
By SHOOTING MY FRIEND? he yells, quite outraged.
She did what!? Ellis yells. Oh yeah, you DID keep that a tiny bit under wraps. Shit.
Yeah, she fucking did!
Oh fucking stuff it! You want to take revenge on those buzzards, you stick with ME! Or are you going to puss out, leave without money, revenge or ANYTHING?
Revenge was YOUR thing. You hired us for a cut of the loot, and it's not fucking worth it anymore. And hey, you know what?
He reaches for his pistol.
Don't make this mistake, asshole. You slowly shake your head, staring intently at Ellis. Shaky is looking a tad panicked, already.
You started this. You got three of my men killed, and now you're here insulting us!? I don't need this crap, and you're not a very good shot without your drugs, are you?
Ellis... Let's not get fucking hasty. Shaky grabs his friend by the shoulder, but his hand is still by the pistol.
What, are you going to his side as well!?
Listen. We leave now, we don't need to risk our lives again. We follow the road for a while, and we put this behind us. Come on.
He's not stuttering at all. Looks like he's really serious about this. You didn't even notice that you're caressing your shotgun already, through the shaking. Whisper already had her gun in her hand, but she's not poised for a fight quite yet.
Those drugs are going to run out first, Shakes. He got your leg broken too, in case you forgot.
All the more reason not to start this fight. Come on, Ellis.
Ellis, get to a decision before these fuckers do. Rotface says, sneering. You'll kill him first, you think to yourself. But...
I can just beat you into the dirt, mano-a-mano if you so desire. Less death, but it's the same "fun"
So you can shoot us with our pants down? Forget it, druggie.
...Then what's it going to be?
Ellis... Shaky looks at him, and turns to you after that. He can't seem to decide where to stare, but as the only one who's acting smart, he must be seeing the discrepancy between the forces. You've got four people ready to kill, he's got three. And Shaky doesn't look too ready for it. Both parties have their hands on their guns already, it's just a matter on whether or not they'll draw. The night grows ever darker as the standoff continues. You feel a drop of sweat tickling your brow as you keep staring ahead. You catch yourself grinding your teeth, growing ever more nervous.
Come on you bastard.
Try it.

He does.
Hell breaks loose as you drop the ground and grab for your shotgun. Rotface is firing off his machinegun with wild abandon, trying to hit as many of you as possible. Fortunately, you were quick enough to find cover. The biggest advantage to these deserts is the amount of dunes to hide behind in a firefight. The darkness also grants a little cover. By the time you finally freed your shotgun, Rotface is already reloading. As you shift your arm back to a firing position, the pain also informs you that to took a bullet to the shoulder. Son of a bitch, that stings.
You see green flashes of plasma defender fire streak across the desert, followed by a sudden scream of pain.
YOU LITTLE WHORE! You hear Rotface scream, clearly in pain. Looks like Blitz got a hit off. You look over at your little friend, and see that she's shaking and hyperventilating from the situation. It's hard to hear over the sound of fighting, but you're pretty sure she's screaming.
That motherfucker. You blast your shotgun at the ghoul, and somehow manage to miss entirely. Damn shakes... You fire the buckshot straight into the ground. The follow-up shot is more accurate, at least, and guessing from the shout you struck the ghoul. He's still screaming, though. What will it take to kill this fucker? Some return fire from Ellis forces you back down, though, and you start reloading. Suddenly, though, the pistol fire turns quiet.
ELLIS! NOOO!
From your left, you see Tenderloin and Shaky were in a fight of their own. Both looks pretty beat up, but Tenderloin has the upper hand. The momentary distraction from Ellis' apparent... death (?) was not wise, though. Tenderloin takes advantage and slashes Shaky across the chest with both machetes, sending him to the ground.
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUCK! Rotface yells, before firing off another volley of machinegun fire, behind him, for some reason?You then see a streak of plasma launch forward from Blitz' position, just slow enough to see but too fast to dodge.
Rotface's head explodes in a green flash. Like a bomb went off in the centre, the pieces fly in every direction, glowing and melting apart. The chunks melt away into a uniform green goo, and his body follows from the top. First his shoulders glow green, and as more of the mass is "converted", it goes faster. After a short moment, the whole corpse is nothing but goo, leaving behind nothing but his gun.
Jesus, plasma is brutal.

You've won the engagement, at the cost of getting shot. Possibly more than once, if the pain isn't lying to you. God you're tired. Looking over to Tenderloin, you see that Shaky is still alive. He's on his knees and has a machete across his neck, but he's not dead yet. You see Whisper come out of the shadows, clutching her arm and grimacing. Rotface managed to hit her, it seems. Most likely, she's the reason Ellis kicked the bucket all of a sudden. How did she get out of sight like that?
...I want their cut.
Sure, whatever, they're not about to complain. Who else is hurt?
Couple bruises, and some flesh wounds. Nothing I can't handle.
I've got a bullet in the shoulder. Didn't hit anything vital, though.
I'll be fine.
Blitz?
Oh shit.

You start shouting her name, desperately looking the dark to where you saw the plasma streaking. You find her behind a dune, unconscious. She was clutching her stomach before passing out, and you can see that she's got three bullets in there. One hell of a gut wound...
This is bad. She needs a stimpak, likely more than one, but you've spent two on the fucking ghoul food. Fortunately, you should have one left. Only...
Where the FUCK is that stimpak!?
One of the Blackfingers sheepishly comes out of the darkness, leaving the hidey-hole he and his compatriot were. They didn't want to get involved, huh? He hands you your stimpak, and you quickly administer it to Blitz. She breathes in at the sudden shock of the syringe, but otherwise she takes it well. The Blackfinger quickly pulls out some of his equipment, a plier, duct tape and what looks like some yellowish brick of car cushion. He pushes you aside, and wordlessly gets to work removing the bullet and placing small pieces of cushion inside the wounds. Seems they didn't hit any vital organs, mostly. Lucky lucky lucky. It was a roll of the dice that she could even survive this, but she might be fine.
The Blackfinger, upon finishing adding the absorbing cushion to the wound, places some duct tape over the wounds. That'll seal the wound, sure, and the cushion will help stop the bleeding, but the blackfinger is quick to remind you that she'll most certainly suffer an infection without proper medical care. You need to get her to a doctor, as soon as possible. But first...
Boss? What do I do with Shakes? I don't think he's gonna do anything anymore.
You look back at Shaky, who is, indeed, weeping. The fight is just completely out of him, now. You can end it in just a word.

What will be Shaky's fate, and how will you get Blitz to a doctor?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking horrifically bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer. You've got a massive headache.
EXP: 230/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP)

Sometimes, Big Dog isn't the perfect solution. It's not really made for calming people down.
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 07, 2019, 09:14:03 am »

I should have stuck with what I said to do.

I say we just leave Shaky alone for now, then we need to ask the Blackfingers if there's a doctor in the town they came from.

Also grab Ellis's and Rotface's stuff before we forget about it, we should also take Shaky's weapons just in case he tries something.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 07, 2019, 11:12:59 pm »

Welp, sorry but in a bandit life just letting go might give the wrong message in the long run

they have a doctor in their city, it's their "meat smith" or something

the fuck is that we are reduced to a fraction of members now and this shit is gonna get harder how are we gonna react to it now?

shaky's weapon is his fists, better finish it

"Tenderloin, might I just ask you to get rid of the traitor?"

see if the ghouls are still on these lands using someone's binocle

if we are going to the dump we should get whisper and blitz (duh) with us, tenderloin, the whisper's boyfriend and the blackfingers should be laying traps

I am calling whisper because nobody knows her, and she could go buy steady for us and a bunch of stimpaks and stuff
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 42