Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45096 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #465 on: February 13, 2019, 10:16:01 am »

Larder is fairly protected, but out of the way. Thing is, that merc you had to deal with is reinforcing it right now. Expect bear traps. (select her text for easier reading)
And I have no doubt he'll be protecting it himself, too. .
Had a mean gun.
Yeah, noted.
Whisper did have two routes leading to the larder, at least. One of them is more heavily guarded than the other, but she suspects that mercenary is in charge of the less protected route. She thinks it'd be too easy for that route to be there. Whether or not you agree is up to you. You'll have to take a personal look if you want to be sure, but your face is recognized there. You'd need to do it all sneaky-peeky like. Anyhow, you also made sure to send somebody to the Blackfingers. You elected to send Shaky, as he's proven reliable in the past. Not to mention, he doesn't need much more than his fists to defend himself in that cesspool of a city. Druggies can't handle a real scrapper like him. It'll take a while before he's back, of course, especially if he gets sidetracked at the merchant or the workshop. You doubt he'll get your discount or the right to work, but he seems like the type to get inquisitive when he sees something interesting. Not to mention getting to the blackfingers, if he gets some more trouble from the druggies than you did.

You, meanwhile, start reinforcing this place a little. It took some doing, but you found a way to make use of the ruined catwalks. The old railing is getting dismantled, to be turned into some properly dangerous spikes. You're going to make a pit trap when Shaky returns, likely a few more if you find something to cover up the hole with. You're kind of relying on a corner for this one to work, and there's a good chance that they'll miss the spike when they fall down. Not to mention, sharpening the old metal spikes is kind of a pain, even with the right tools for the job. The piping is hollow, as well, so you don't think they'll see that much use. It'll likely bend, and the stress of the ages likely weakened them to the point of snapping. Still, a sight more lethal than than the wooden sticks they used to prop up their gaudy heads.
The catwalks have more materials than just piping, of course. You managed to build a makeshift barricade out of the floor panels, reinforced with some of the smaller bits of piping too bent or too short to be of use for your traps. It also remind you of that shield you looted at one point. If you want, you could easily make one for yourself back at workshop. More adapted to your size and likely a sight lighter as well. You can't do it here, you don't have anything to weld with.
There's some time left before Shaky comes back with... whatever help they'll spare. Maybe you should start planning on exactly HOW you'll mess up the food supplies. Burning it, blowing it up (you'll need explosives), stealing it (tricky, but very much worth it), or even going for a seperate target entirely.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking really bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer.

EXP: 40/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP)

Sorry for the late update also being kind of a nothing update. Things have been a little chaotic recently.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 13, 2019, 01:33:25 pm »

Most of it will depend of how much help they will bring, but a number of plans is possible
WILL do:
Mental effect: write "vengance" or "death to the dishonest" or anything that seens that there is a purging happening to make people feel uneasy, or better, write some mark that remember sodom of his "friend" to make he feel that he lost an ally

on the same note we can do a speech to raise spirits on the night that we will attack

Can do:

we can gang-bang the merc alone at afternoon and THEN start the city stuff, if we don't think we have weaponry enough to deal with him alone we will not manage to win him on the city, his head can be used to be sent as a message on the lard or near the lard after our attack

as the larder is far from the other places maybe there is other places that are far from it, kill Sodom's men there and leave, assassin style, let them Die, wait for people to discover the dead on a completely random part of the city and call reinforcements there while we are going to the lard, the mercenary probably won't fall on this trick, Sodom I don't know, ask Tenderloin if she thinks he or the seconds-in-command will be stupid enough

as they don't know that the merc will be dead we can go on the less guarded route slowly and taking care of the traps

Take the tips from everyone, keep the plan up-to-date to the newcomers and get tips from them (they maybe have more experience in guerrilha warfare)

On the matter of the lard, maybe we can stuff in our backpack whatever we can and then do something else with it

if they bring explosives of we manage to get enough fire material we could imitate sydney's father on web of life, leave a lantern behind the door, when they open it they will see their food catching fire and exploding (just to make sure we could make something that could set everything on fire after some hours even if nobody opens the door)

If we don't have enough for this drama, we can burn it right there and leave

If we see the fire got out of control and we have rested people we can return personally with the distraction team to steal something else or I dunno, explode their alcohol collection

There is a chance of the plans changing drastically when shaky return, because we will see what they will bring and they might suggest something better or point
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 13, 2019, 02:28:48 pm »

Yeah, we'll need to see what we're working with before we make any solid plans. As it is right now it seems like it's too hard a target for us to hit, but if they only have just over a week's worth of food for the whole town AND they're not rationing it things will probably get ugly in there within a few days as long as we can keep stopping them from restocking. If Shaky brings back something awesome we might be able to manage it but with just the six of us as we are now attacking it is probably suicide.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 14, 2019, 04:58:05 am »

I agree with the idea of waiting to see what Shaky brings back with him.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 15, 2019, 06:29:48 pm »

You're getting it pretty fast, I figure. We aught to find you a book of some sorts so you can really practice.
Actually, Shaky gave me a book on fistfights. P-Puggelism... Illuh... Illustated?
Pugilism Illustrated? Seriously? Those are some damn good books. The word choice is a tad complicated, though.
They've got pictures.
Well, it's Pugilism Illustrated. How are you finding it?
Talks a lot about how to plant your feet, and how you aughta twist the right way? I, uh, tried a couple of these. I don't think I wanna box a lot. It hurt.
Oh christ, don't punch walls. Not without protection, at least. That's why they've got boxing gloves. Hell, you could turn those gloves into proper weapons if you want to. I knew a guy that put horseshoes into his gloves, once.
Wow.
Yeah, straight up killed a man in a boxing match. Things only got weird when he started eating the ears of the guys he knocked out.
Ewww!
Did it to emulate the Masticator from New Reno. Some boxing legend from, what, a hundred years ago? Of course, guy I'm talking about was a massive psycho junkie, so that probably didn't help. He died of a heart attack about a month later.
Why'd that happen?
Psycho is tough on the heart, same as Buffout. It's kind of an adrenalin rush in a syringe, really... Mixed with some general rage.
Is Tenderlion going to get a heart attack?
If she keeps on going like that? Likely.
Noooo! She looks genuinely dismayed at that. You were just kind of making a joke, even if there is likely a ground of truth in there. But what the hell, she prefers the mellow stuff, most of the time. Meaning, low-quality jet that doesn't actually give you the full rush. You hope she doesn't get access to the good stuff.
That shit will kill you dead if you overdo it.

It takes quite a while before Shaky finally comes back. People are very much bored, considering there is very little to actually do. You should try looking into that, sometime. A bored crew is an unhappy crew. People like downtime, sure, but with nothing to do morale will suffer. At any rate, Shaky returns with some reinforcements. Two people willing help fight, one of which has a hump and the other one with a prosthetic leg. Not the fastest one's around, but at least they're well-armed. They've both got a variety of speargun, and a backup revolver of some sorts. You don't recognize the make, but it looks fairly high-calibre. For all you know, they made those things themselves. In addition, the men brought a backpack full of disruption-purposed goodies. Caltrops, two pipe bombs (these use shrapnel, not explosive force. Purely anti-personnel), three exceptionally mean-looking beartraps and an assortment of general bits and bobs that you could likely turn into something of your choosing. Mostly just ball bearings, metal, and a sack of gunpowder. Pipe bomb materials, mainly, but if you can think of something else...
Well, it's something. Maybe you can figure out a plan of attack, now?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking really bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer. You've got a bit of a headache coming on...

EXP: 40/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 15, 2019, 11:17:23 pm »

...oh damn

So,in the afternoon let's give a "collective hug" on the merc, go to his cave, disarm the traps wait on the distance for him to close him and approach making a semi circle formation, the amount of shots taken must be enough for him to lose his weapon, it's tad unlikely that that fuckton of shots will miss

on the night we go through "his road" to the larder
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 16, 2019, 07:21:05 am »

...oh damn

So,in the afternoon let's give a "collective hug" on the merc, go to his cave, disarm the traps wait on the distance for him to close him and approach making a semi circle formation, the amount of shots taken must be enough for him to lose his weapon, it's tad unlikely that that fuckton of shots will miss

on the night we go through "his road" to the larder

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 19, 2019, 01:06:26 pm »

Are you s-sure he'll come through there?
It's my best guess, if he even leaves town.
After we made it clear we were at the cave? If you wanted to ambush him, we shouldn't have tried trapping her.
Bullshit. I say she'd come back, after setting up the traps a tad different. We just take it slow, and we slam him dead.
I don't think she'll be coming back. You said she trapped the place, right? I mean... She'd only risk forgetting something to check if she caught something.
Blitz, come on. You're a clever kid, sure, but I think I know a little more than you do when it comes to dealing with assholes, right? I've been doing it longer than you've been alive.
Blitz just rolls her eyes at that, and reloads her plasma defender. She's still coming with you, at least. The two Blackfingers were also willing to join up, though they don't say much. One of the two, the one with the hump, provided a good reason for it, at least. He opened his mouth wide to show he has no tongue, or at least no more than a stump. That must have hurt...
The other one just doesn't seem to be one for talking. He's awfully shy, mostly. His prosthetic leg doesn't seem to be slowing him down much, and it looks like he still has a knee. Eventually, you get everybody moving, mostly because everybody else is. Well, it's an old trick, but it works. Mob mentality is a powerful thing.[CHR:7]
That, and people are desperate for something interesting to happen. Boredom is kind of a motivator, but don't rely on it. It'll screw you in the long run.

Getting to the cave was a surprisingly fun affair. People were quite talkative, and people took the time to take potshots at a few feral dogs, using the spearguns of the newcomers. They were happy to lend them out, considering the ammo is reusable. The kick on those things is no joke, and the reload time is kind of crap, but the power of the spears is worth the hassle, from the look of things. The dogs die on impact, on the few occasions somebody manages to figure out the arc, but it's not easy to figure it out. Close-range, this weapon is probably a damn monster.
But, that's beside the point. When you reach the caves, things seem fine. Nothing much new, beyond some really easy traps to spot. You disarm two bear traps before you even enter, they weren't even hidden! People are careful where they step, considering they're expecting the bear traps. When you reach the entrance of the cave, however, you suddenly feel just the slightest bit of pressure, that suddenly breaks off. You leap backwards in a panic as you realize you broke a tripwire! Just a second later, you hear an explosion above you, but it's far too quiet to be anything truly dangerous. Except...
Ahhh, shit! That just launched a flare! Ellis yells, looking at the sky where he's standing. The others seem to be in an increasing panic, and almsot instantly you hear a scream of pain coming from the left. In the haste to get back outside, Shaky just stepped into a beartrap! He's gritting his teeth now, trying not to scream, but he can't open the trap like this! The jaws are sharpened, and he's bleeding profusely. You already have your crowbar out when you hear another shout, this time coming from Nubsy! He falls over, clutching his chest as blood begins to spew out of a fresh bullet wound
SNIPERS! GET DOWN! Blitz yells, surprisingly audible over the growing panic. People quickly hit the deck, just in time as another bullet strikes the rock wall... The cave is on a little mountain, lying down should make it impossible to hit anybody else, but...
You open the trap after some prying, though you missed the gap a few times because of all the shaking. Eventually, Blitz just helps you put it in there, and leaves it up to your strength to give just enough space for Shaky to get his bleeding leg out of the trap.
F-f--fu-fufu-fucking... B-broken. He hisses, looking at his leg. He's quick to start tying up the wound, at least, giving you some time to look at Nubsy. The wound seems to have knocked him out, from shock. That went clean through him, his lung must be fucked to high heaven.
One of the blackfingers is quick to start helping him, at least. The one with the prosthetic leg.  He opens up a small bag as he starts tearing off Nubsy's clothing. You see him pulling out an honest to god stapler gun and what looks like a piece of very clean, white plastic. You're too slow to stop him as he staples the piece of plastic over one of the wounds. He seems to know what he's doing, at least, and you let him finish as the rest of the people watch in what is either awe or plain shock. You're currently mixed between the two, as the cripple finishes up the "operation". Then, against his usual way of going about it, he finally rasps out some words.
Needs doctor. Will die. He speaks with a strange accent, like he doesn't know where to put the stress on a word. Still, the message is clear.
I w-w-won't g-get anywhere wu-without some h-help. I can't walk with this d-damn leg. Shaky all but whispers out. He's clearly in a lot of pain. Another shot rings out, and you get a small rain of pebbles to remind you of the snipers outside.
Returning here was a bad plan.

How are you getting out of this pickle?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking really bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer. You've got a pounding headache already...
EXP: 55/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 01:08:16 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 19, 2019, 06:04:04 pm »

someone deal with this sniper ASAP

we got 3 stimpacks and 1 med-x this can help us to gain time

we probably won't manage to sneak on the city again someone has a better idea?
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 20, 2019, 08:23:43 am »

I say we get everyone into the cave while also being careful of more traps, then try to figure out where the snipers are and if we could throw a pipe bomb and hit them, and also give out the 3 stimpacks and the med-x to help with the wounded.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 21, 2019, 12:42:57 pm »

The trap triggered a FLARE

there will be a fuckton of guards coming
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 21, 2019, 05:32:44 pm »

I've got meds. Shakes, take this.
You hand Shakey the syringe with Med-X, and he's quick to inject it, though he at least refrained from slamming it in there. Relief visibly washes over him, mixed with a bit of a haze, but at least he'll be fine. Of course, that doesn't clear up the immediate problem. There is a sniper out there, and no real way of knowing where they are. You can guess that he's in front of the cave, but that's a wide amount of variables. You could try making a run for it, but with the wounded...
Deeper into the cave, we'll just wait it out. Watch for traps.
Remaining prone, everybody heads deeper into the cave. Two stimpaks were administered to Nubsy, but the guy working on him is still mumbling about needing "hospital". Considering this was a clean shot through his lungs, you can guess why. The stims may have stopped the bleeding, at least a little bit, but that doesn't take away that his lungs are filled up (or still filling up) with his own blood. You don't know what to do, and...
Well, to be honest, Nubsy's probably just straight up dead. He just doesn't know it yet. Maybe if you know a bit more about medicine, you might be able to help, but that's just not possible.
[20/55]
You'll just see what you can do from here. After some careful work, you manage to get Nubsy down the ladder. Then you get to work double-checking any kind of trap. Good thing you did, considering your find... There was a bundle of fragmentation grenades hooked up to a particularly nasty tripwire. Fortunately, once you see the little bunch of death, it's easy to disarm. You just have to make sure that the pins stay in. There are four frag grenades total, which is likely overkill for an area like this. The fragments of just one would have turned most people here into mincemeat. Still, now you can turn that around. Now YOU have four frag grenades, ready to be used.

Things seem to be quiet for a moment. Looking for a sniper isn't an easy task, so you better have a good idea for it!

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking really bad. Aiming and most actions will suffer. You've got a pounding headache already...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 05:36:27 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 21, 2019, 08:33:55 pm »

This is bad. Maybe we can try to pick them out by baiting them into shooting a decoy and watching for muzzle flash, or try to flush them out with gunfire. Whatever we do we can't stay long or we're gonna get swarmed by guards coming toward the signal.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 22, 2019, 07:00:34 am »

This is bad. Maybe we can try to pick them out by baiting them into shooting a decoy and watching for muzzle flash, or try to flush them out with gunfire. Whatever we do we can't stay long or we're gonna get swarmed by guards coming toward the signal.
+1

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 23, 2019, 05:54:15 pm »

We need a decoy. Some way to see where they're coming from, and hopefully taking them down. That flare means that there's guards coming.
That, and worse. Ferals would love to know about this crap, and there's a desert full of 'em. If the guards don't kill us, the freaks will.
Fucking great. You sigh. After that, you quickly start building up something that could pass for a head of sorts. Tenderloin was willing to lend a machete, and after a little convincing you got Ellis to give up his jacket. You use the small sheets of metal to make for a... shape, on top of it. It took a little doing to get it to stick, but your mutated companions had a small bit of tape to spare. Not duct tape, mind you, the small, clear stuff that won't last long. After that, you climb out of the hole with your varmint rifle, followed by a few more people that have the weaponry to help shoot down a sniper. Rotface, Blitz, the Blackfingers and Ellis all came along. Only Rotface and Blitz really have anything useful for longer ranges, though, Ellis' pistol is unlikely to help out that much. He might just function as a spotter. Who knows.
You raise the decoy, and it doesn't take long before your arm recoils from the bullet striking the metal.
There! That dune! Ellis yells, and almost instantly a veritable rain of gunfire is launches in that direction, thanks to Rotface. You quickly see a figure move, and you and Blitz get to work trying to shoot down the shadowy figure. You both shoot at the same time, and you hear a scream echo through the desert. Strike! You got the fucker!
Then another sniper shot flies past you, the bullet whistling through the air and causing Rotface to drop to the floor.
Fuck! Rotface, you all right?
...Just a glancing shot. Rotface says, touching the side of his head. There is a steady amount of blood leaking, but it shouldn't be too pressing.
Did you see where it came from?
I wasn't looking out for it. Same plan?
He must have seen that it was a decoy. We need an alternative.
What if we just dig in? If there are ghouls coming, then the sniper HAS to move, right?
That's a big if. If the guards come first, then what? Then we're stuck in here with no way out.
We'll probably lose Nubsy if we don't get him some real aid, too. We need to end this ASAP.
What do you suggest, then? Rushing out there and seeing if he can hit us all? If so, be my guest and start running.
I... We might have to. Shit...
The dog you picked up so long ago suddenly whines. You didn't even notice it came with... Also, it can climb ladders? Impressive work for a mutt like that.

Looks like snipers really DO work in pairs. You've got options, and a lot of them are crap. What do you do?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 05:56:08 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42