Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45146 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #405 on: December 30, 2018, 06:33:03 am »

Lets rest here for a bit and see if we can't continue after a bit.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 30, 2018, 04:15:22 pm »

Breath a little, laugh to relieve stress, focus a bit on the adrenaline

we probably aren't too far from the forge we should continue

maybe when we leave we should look at some of that red eyes and ask if it want to follow and be part of the pack? nothing like making a group of feral as a disposable unit
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 31, 2018, 05:38:31 pm »

How about we just chill for a bit. I need a break, and I figure they're giving it to us.
Not ready to leave yet? That's tenacity, I respect it. But, uh, please don't leave Blitz an orphan.
She's already an orphan. I think. At the very least, she's seperated from her mom.
She's probably dead. Or... I guess she might as well be dead. Being a slave makes you feel like...
Ah, shit, I forgot about that. How'd you get out, anyhow?
She clubbed me over the head when we raided the slaver caravan.
Come onnnn! Don't keep saying that...
My former boss gave me the choice on how to kill her as a revenge thing. He was a very classic sort of warlord, you see. I, uh, had some difficulty killing a kid, even if they knocked me the fuck out, so I just "took ownership". you add some parenthesis with your fingers.
Wait, so you're just her handler? Crackle seems to shift uncomfortably, looking at you with a special sort of stare that you mostly associate with people that are about to kill something in its sleep.
No! He freed me. He's teaching me loads of things and said many times that I'm free! He hates slavers.
Crackle moves back into a more comfortable position. He has a quick switch on killing and relaxing, that's for sure. He gets up after that, leaving the rest of the group staring as he heads to a small pile of rubbish. You hadn't really paid attention to it, but there are some scraps of stuff around, though it's a tad too dark to tell what they used to be. Still, he seems to find it satisfactory after kicking it.
Then he uses his flamethrower to set the pile of stuff on fire. It catches fire pretty fast, and then you see that it's actually the remains of an old wooden table. Or, general wooden scraps, looking at what's left. He tells at you to come closer, for a little more heat and comfort. Sure enough, comfort is increased. To your surprise, you even manage to get there under your own power.

I figure we're pretty close to the forge, now. Not to mention, I think we might have their respect for killing that thing.
Or they're fattening us up, as it were. Make the fight last longer.
Seems kind of odd to be doing.
It happens. Especially those tribal sort of cultures.
Point is, stay on guard. Especially considering you're kind of injured. You should drink that Maw Milk, if you're going to keep going. You can deal with the crash when we're out, I figure. It'll keep you going.
The crash will knock you on your ass, though. If you have to deal with that now, you're going to be in trouble.
You and the rest of the party rest for a while longer before continuing. You hear some muffled howling as you keep going, and reach the next gate. It's...
This is going to be tricky.

Contrary to the previous gates, this one is a solid chunk of metal that opens inwards. The hinges are on the other side, as well, and when you shove against it, you see that there's several bars blocking it. They made an honest to god wall until it reaches the mountains of scrap. You don't even see an immeadiate way forward, no little cubby hole for Blitz or anything, just a barred off door. There's a slit that lets you see the other side if you push hard enough, though. And you can see that it's a lead pipe blocking you in the middle, the rest look to be somewhat mouldy pieces of wood.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're not really affected yet, but there's the shakes.

Perk was decided to be "On The Move".
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:34:32 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 01, 2019, 04:30:30 am »

Stick a pipe through the gap in the door and see if we can move the stuff, if we can't have Crackle try to burn the stuff blocking the door with the flamethrower.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 01, 2019, 11:19:05 pm »

Stick a pipe through the gap in the door and see if we can move the stuff, if we can't have Crackle try to burn the stuff blocking the door with the flamethrower.

+1. Also drink the Maw Milk.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 02, 2019, 06:43:32 pm »

The wedge between it is a tad too wide for a pipe, but that scrap axe you found should do the trick. With a bit of groaning and shoving, you eventually manage to wedge the piece of metal in there and start trying to break the pipe. You manage to bend it a little bit before Blitz pointedly says that you should probably just shunt it upwards instead of trying to break it. You sheepishly stare at the conundrum, and then try what Blitz suggested. The pipe lifts, and it falls behind the door, unable to block it. Of course, that leaves the planks. They're stuck on there with something a little tougher to defeat than moving it upwards. The door doesn't even op enough to give you an angle, and it goes up for quite a while. But, of course, it's still just wood, so...
Crackle, torch this thing.
The man laughs, a deep and wheezy sort of laugh that you only get from years of smoking, and we're not talking cigarettes. My pleasure. He says, before blasting his flamethrower against the iron gate. It doesn't seem to affect the entirely metal metal at first, although you can steadily feel the heat from where you're standing. Things get a little worrying a tad later, however, when the flamethrower begins to hiss and even spark. At Rotface's insistance, Crackle lets off on the flames and takes a look at his flamethrower before continuing. However, the damage was already done, and not five seconds into flamethrower repair (this was after a generous amount of time spent waiting for it to cool down) the gate suddenly creaks open. The wood was burnt to a crisp already, though the metal remains horrifically hot. You carefully move further, making sure not to touch the metal. It's not visibly warm, but that's still around a hundred degrees or more. Regardless, you all make it through without injury. As for making sure that gate remains impossible to open, that's a bit more of a pickle.

The framework for this thing is mostly metal, a bit rinky-dink, but it'll take a while to tear down. With your knowledge of fixing stuff, however, you also know how to get things broken in short order as well. After a quick, cursory glance at the structure, you quickly find the load-bearing poles. You take the scrap axe to it, and after some specific hacks, the first pole just about explodes. You do your best to jump back before it collapses, though you saw the collapsing in time, despite your somewhat dulled senses from the poultice. You fall on your behind as you hop back, though, failing to keep your weight on one leg. As the structure collapses, you shield your eyes from any errand pieces of scrap, but it's a fairly controlled collapse. It all goes well, and in a timely manner, even.
Still, you're not a fan of falling on your ass because you can't lift your own weight. You take that "Maw Milk" Rotface talked about, and take a close look at it. It's in a tin can, that used to be for beans. It's a strange, milky-white substance, though it has about the consistency of... something slimy. You don't doubt that it's slightly radioactive, but nothing worse than an average meal in these times. Still...
You need to get through this, and this should allow you to do it. You take a deep breath, and try to chug down the wretched thing in one go. That proves to be fairly easy, as the consistency is so thick it's more of a singular glob of... stuff. The taste is indescribable, moving from one horrible taste to another. It starts out as intensely sour, to a more distinctive coppery taste. There's a strange dip in the middle where it tastes like something that's almost nice, but then it just about choke-slams you with a horrifically bitter taste. When it finally goes down your gullet, you're almost glad the aftertaste was the initial sourness. It certainly allows you to explain the facial expression.
Holy shit! I never saw anybody chug that before...
I feel like steam's gonna come out of his ears.
You cough a little, and then the horrific goo starts doing its fortunately positive effects. Sure enough, the pain melts away, and you feel your heart beating harder and faster already. You're ready to go run a damn marathon! You feel a lot better all at once, and your attitude reflects it, too. You're actually smiling.
Alright! Let's fucking GO! You shout, moving forward as your heart hammers just a tad faster.

It takes a longer time to find another kind of gate, but there's no real need. It was a bit of a misnomer to call it the "deepest parts" for where the forge is, because you're pretty sure you just found it! A fairly large thing, to say the least. About two square meters of metal and steel. It's an all-in-one package, from the looks of it. You've got an automatic hammer, the titular forge part (looks like an oven, really), a quenching station... You can certainly see why the blackfingers would want this thing. You look through it all, but it looks like it was taken care of for the many years since the war. It's filthy as all hell, but it's not in the same state as the rest of the machines. Oiled, preserved and ready for creating. There's even some tribal icons scrawled on it. They must think it's important. Of course, there's no way in HELL you'll be able to just carry it out of there. You'd need a trolley for just one part of it, and it is quite a distance from here to the exit. Fortunately, you spot something that looks very interesting. There's two things that would make this possible. One is a crane poised to lift this thing somewhere, although you'll need to get past another gate to get to the controls. The other is a flatbed truck with full tires and what looks like a Highwayman design for the engine. You might just be able to cruise out of here if you can fix it up just a tad (doesn't look difficult, but it might take a little bit) and find some energy cells. There's got to be some around here if they're taking care of the truck like that. You just need to try and think of where they'd put them. As for the gate...

The gate looks... foreboding. It's another simple chainlink, but there's a massive loudspeaker attached to it. Also of note, a generator that's going hard enough to cause sparks to fly between the links. You might have your energy source, provided it doesn't work on gas (which it probably does). The gate is too high to climb, even if the electricity wouldn't fry you. The links look easy to break, but you can't really touch them with the electricity.
There IS another cubbyhole for Blitz, but are you sure you want to try that? It looks more mazelike already, and you can't even see that far.

Maybe you should move back. You got your job done, isn't it? But if you manage to work your way through this, the rewards will be great. You'll probably gather up a serious reward for the truck, as well. If you are going to send Blitz down that tunnel, maybe you should hand her some more powerful weaponry... If she can even handle the extra kick.

IF YOU SEND IN BLITZ, WE WILL TEMPORARILY SWITCH TO HER PERSPECTIVE AS SHE NAVIGATES THE HOLES.

Statistics and inventory.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're not really affected yet, but there's the shakes.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 03, 2019, 05:51:17 am »

We first we should destroy the loud speaker, ether by unplugging it of burning it, then we shoot the generator until it stops, and tear the gate apart, then fix the truck and use the battery from the generator to start it.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 03, 2019, 02:55:42 pm »

+1 to unplugging the loudspeaker
-1 to shooting the generator
(come on, it's a WORKING GENERATOR on a WASTELAND, even being a bit damaged if we manage to bring it too we can get a nice coin or cap, plus we have no idea if we are going to damage the battery on the process of shooting it)
SWITCH PERSPECTIVES GO BLITZ GO

we should give her the 12 maybe, is the dog with us, make it crawl there with her after she entered it and give us a sign or something

and while she is there we should start working on the truck and checking the scraps around, maybe we could even add a bit of metal plates or pieces of junk that might work on the loot
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 03, 2019, 10:52:53 pm »

+1 to unplugging the loudspeaker
-1 to shooting the generator
(come on, it's a WORKING GENERATOR on a WASTELAND, even being a bit damaged if we manage to bring it too we can get a nice coin or cap, plus we have no idea if we are going to damage the battery on the process of shooting it)
SWITCH PERSPECTIVES GO BLITZ GO

we should give her the 12 maybe, is the dog with us, make it crawl there with her after she entered it and give us a sign or something

and while she is there we should start working on the truck and checking the scraps around, maybe we could even add a bit of metal plates or pieces of junk that might work on the loot

+1. We shouldn't hang around here too long though, we don't know how long the boost from this stuff lasts and if we crash while we're still down here we're screwed.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2019, 06:46:41 pm »

So, we're leaving, right? We busted up the gates leading up to here, we should move.
I think we can get that thing there ourselves.
What? How? You got a squad of super mutants around to lift these things? Look at them! They must be half a ton!
Average weight isn't more than 500 pounds on the heaviest parts. We're not carrying them out regardless, mind you, but I think I can get that truck working.
Bullshit. How in the hell would you know how to get that hunk of junk working?
It's a highwayman design, we just need power cells... or a generator.
The gate sparks, almost on cue. Rotface looks back at the gate, while you move on to the engine. As you thought, simple fix. Just a matter of getting the wires together and putting in a couple conductors. It'll take up your remaining bits of nuts and bolts. Mostly, you just need to make sure everything conducts well. As long as you know a little bit about engines you can fix a highwayman engine. This one is a but more chunky and powerful than the basic ones, though.
Guaranteed pass of fixing it, rolling for effectiveness of fix: d100 = 57
You're no expert, but you think you can get it running in about five minutes, and it'll last until you get out of here (probably). In the meantime, Rotface and Crackle keep a lookout around the perimeter, in case anything tries to act up. OF course, this is all useless if the next part of the plan doesn't work out. While you're elbow-deep in the mechanical guts of the vehicle, you yell at Blitz to come closer.
Grab my 12gauge out of my belt, and take the little sack of ammo next to it. You're going through that tunnel and turning off the generator on the other side. I'm thinking we can steal it, or even use it to juice up this truck. It's down a battery... I'm sure that they've got something around, they wouldn't have patched up the tires otherwise. You've never fired a shotgun before, right?
N-no... Is it like the rifle?
Not quite. Hold up.
You pull your oiled hands out of the motor. You should be done by the time she gets back. But first, you have to make sure she makes it back. You decide to take out two birds with one stone.
I'm gonna have you practice with that thing, first. Just two shots. First off, this thing doesn't have a stock, so you can't place it against your shoulder to brace the recoil. Instead, you're gonna have to rely on your elbow and your other arm. The kick's kinda monsterous, don't try to do what I do and fire it one-handed.
Why do you do it?
Because I weigh more than a loaf of bread, tiny. Now, bend your elbow, and hold the wooden part here. Hang on tight to it, and it won't smack you in the face.
...Alright.
Right. Aim at that speaker, and blast it.
Without a word, Blitz follows your directions. At first, she doesn't do it right, but then something seems to click and she adjusts herself before you can even say something. Clever. With the gun held right, she closes one eye and fires the shotgun. To her credit, she both hit the speaker and didn't break her nose with the shotgun. However, she did fall on her backside, though more from the surprise of the recoil than the actual recoil.
The speaker sparks and creates a a fading feedback sound that soon dissolves into sparking and hissing. Just to make sure she doesn't fall over in the caves, you have Blitz take another shot.
She nails it again, and keeps standing, though she still stumbles a step back. Good enough. The speaker is outright gone after that shot, falling to the ground with an unceremonious thud.
You wish you didn't see all the red eyes in the distance peeking up from the disturbance, though.
Well, shit. Get going. Rotface and Crackle can hold them off enough for me to fix this, not to mention they're probably going to be lazy about it. Still, uh, probably best if you hurried up. You say.

Well, shit. Get going. Rotface and Crackle can hold them off enough for me to fix this, not to mention they're probably going to be lazy about it. Still, uh, probably best if you hurried up. Diaz says to you, looking behind him with an awkward expression. You noticed the red glares as well, and a bit earlier than he did, even. But they've been quiet so far. Maybe they won't do anything...
After a second of contemplating that thought, you reload the shotgun and leave the varmint rifle behind. You just can't use that thing in a tunnel. You can't quite pull off the instant reload Diaz does where he puts in two rounds at once in a smooth movement. You just do them one at a time. Still, break-action weapons are actually pretty easy to load. Clacking the shotgun shut, you decide you rather like the noise.
Looking at the hole you're going to crawl in, you instantly decide that you don't much care for it. You never liked the dark overmuch, and while it's not completely dark in there (light shines through some cracks, though where the light is coming from is kind of a question in and of itself) it's still hard to see. You'll get used to it in time, not the first time you got tunnel rat duty.

Taking a deep breath of that stale air, smelling of oil and metal, you go inside. Shotgun aimed ahead. You're not about to let yourself get grabbed again, the first time was awful enough as is. These things smell even worse up close, and their outfits are like sandpaper. As you keep going in the tunnel, turning a corner you couldn't even see from the outside, you find out that they keep this place lit up using simple lights. Like, actual lightbulbs and everything. Weird! It doesn't take long before you spot a little movement down the tunnel, but whatever it was, it didn't see you.
At least, it's not making direct movements in your direction, instead moving into a side-tunnel. You can only hear your own breath at this point, mostly breathing through your mouth as a way to ward off the stench and keeping yourself from panicking. This is a scary situation, but Diaz said you can handle it!
You get close to the side-tunnel you saw the creature move to. Keeping your shotgun ready, you carefully peek around the corner. You see one of the Buzzards hard at work on...
You resist the urge to gag at the sight. Another maggot farm. As you breathe in, you swear you can taste the sickly-sweet smell of decay on your tongue. The Buzzard is scraping maggots off the ground, where most of the maggots are residing and putting them into one of several plastic bottle, cut in half to serve as a "plate". Occasionally, it plucks one out from the corpse for personal use. You notice that the dead body is actually a super mutant, after you notice some remaining scraps of green skin. Super mutants were a rare sight for you, but occasionally you saw them during the slave auctions. They always seemed so huge and angry. How'd they take one down?
You're getting off track. The point is, you've got a Buzzard with its back to you. It's humming some kind of song in a higher pitch than you're used to. As you step past the side-passage, you also notice the more slender physique. It's a female. You also get a peek at something else. It's lifted up its gas mask to chow down on some of the fatter maggots she personally plucks out of the super mutant flesh. You can only see her jaw, but it's... distinctly inhuman. Similar to ghouls, they look rotten. Patches of skin are gone, and some pieces are discolored to something that seems unbecoming of a human. But mostly, they're far paler. Like a real corpse would look, after a few hours. But their teeth. Longer, flatter, and sticking out over their gums. No lips to speak off, looking more blackened and red. The creature just sticks the still-wriggling maggots between the twisted-looking maw, from above. She has a rather sizeable underbite, as well.

You really prefer them with the suit ON. You can't image what they look like beyond the jaw.

How should you tackle this. Maybe it's best to move on, and keep yourself unseen,  but killing one of those things increases your chances, no doubt. Of course, you could try to follow it. It probably plans on going someplace important.

Stats and inventory.

Welcome to Blitz-town.
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 05, 2019, 05:38:58 am »

Probably best to leave it alone, and to get moving.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 05, 2019, 01:35:21 pm »

Get moving, silently No way we are going to follow it and discover why they kidnap kids

and oh, two doses of jet, good to know we probably gonna break some moral limits sooner or later if things get intense

WHAT A NICE STAT we are really a wonderful kid, when she gets better learned she will be quite a survivor, just need to remenber to ask papa diaz how to be a better talker, or learn to intimidate better with guns and that perception
Novice english wordsmith

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 05, 2019, 11:55:11 pm »

Dang, Blitz has better skills than Diaz at some things. Survival even, and that was one of our primaries.

Let's move on through and try not to disturb it. No need to break whatever truce we have with them before we try to steal the stuff they seem to be worshipping.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 06, 2019, 05:49:39 pm »

Remember, Blitz has a bonus to learning, and the whole group has been training her, on top of some good SPECIAL stats. However, as a child, her stats don't work as well towards her skills. This will change as she grows up. She's kind of a slow burn advantage.
Don't get her killed, though!

You elect to keep moving, making sure that thing doesn't notice you. Fortunately, both Diaz and Whisper taught you quite a few tricks on moving silently, and with your low weight it's a breeze to keep going forward. You also make it it a point to go beneath the lights, so you don't leave a shadow on the wrong walls. Not that it was needed, but you felt like it was just a good idea. Of course, just knowing how to go doesn't mean you know where to go. You just kind of stumble around in the sometimes well-lit, sometimes impossibly dark tunnels, occasionally avoiding a quick patrol. You got lucky a few times, but you avoided getting spotted. You do notice an ever increasing amount of armed Buzzards moving through the tunnels, though, roaring in apparent anger. They're not planning on keeping that truce going, that's for sure... Better keep moving.
Stumbling through the dark, you eventually reach a clearing, of sorts. At least the roof is several meters above you, now, and things aren't nearly as cramped. Of course, that also means less hiding places... You wonder why there's another open spot out here, but it doesn't take long before you see the main attraction to this room. You smell it before you see it, as the light is so limited you still need to adjust after the lit tunnels you just left. More corpses. But you don't hear the typical buzzing that you associate with the maggot farms. No flies laying eggs. This place is somehow even deader. You clutch your shotgun, grinding your teeth nervously as you keep going. You see another light at the other end of the clearing, so you elect o head there as fast as you can carry yourself without making a noise. Suddenly, however, you hear whispers. Two high-pithed voices, coming from a little bit behind you.
You think she saw us?
If the monsters can't, she definitely can't. Probably with them, too, she can't even understand us.
Electing to play it safe, you quickly turn around and aim your shotgun at the direction of the voices. The whispers quickly turn into startled gasps. You come closer, ever so slowly, and eventually you see who was whispering, just barely. Shapes that can't be anything other than people. Children wearing nothing but rags. They're a bit older than you are, both of them are boys.
D-don't shoot us, please...
Who are you?
T-tunnel rats, miss. They, uh, they took us when we got too close and they made us dig. They talk a little,when they're teaching us, b-but...
Mostly beatings.
So you're slaves?
Uh, yeah! We're slaves. Can you, uh, help us?
Yeah, we wanna get outta here and stuff. And you got so much cool stuff.
Come out of the dark and show yourself, first.

There's a little grumbling, but the little ones climb out from their little hidey-holes. Two kids, older than you and covered in scraps of leather (toughlooking leather at that), but they've got a couple of things on them. Digging tools, for one, and some rope. It's not like they're unarmed, per se, and they're not bound by anything.
...Nobody's holding you here, why aren't you leaving?
We, uh, we...
We hid! Yeah. They didn't let us go anywhere, but I cut the ropes and got away with my friend.
With your digger?
What? Oh!, yeah! We did!
So... can we come with you. You're not part of the monsters, you're holding powdersticks on you.
Can we take that thing? I mean, we can help! You can look around, and we'll shoot the bad guys!
You ever handled a gun before?
Uhhh, yeah! Loads of times! They taught us that, here, they were gonna make us, uh guards.
With... digging tools? And guns?
...GET HER!
The two boys suddenly rush you down, and you just weren't fast enough to react in time. The first boy, slightly bigger than the other one, tackles you to the ground while the other one grabs you by the legs so you can't struggle. The larger boy takes your shotgun out of your hands and throws it out of your hands, being stronger than you are you can't even resist. He holds your one hand down, and looks you in the eyes. His eyes look... wrong. Bloodshot and yellowed at the edges. His breath stinks like a dead animal, and you do all you can to struggle out of his grasp, weakly tapping the side of his head with your balled fist.
COME. ON! STOP FIGHTING!
You wrench your leg loose from the other boy, and you think you felt something crunch when you lash out with a kick. The other boy yells in pain, but the one on top of you is quick to completely pin you. You're stuck, but they haven't noticed your pistols yet, thanks to the dark. You stop fighting for a small moment, trying to keep track of what's even happening! The boy you kicked lands a swift kick to your side, causing you to yell in pain.
Don't hurt her too much! Come on... They'll give us more rations for capturing this one!
Screw the rations, she made me bleed!
Dude. Look at her.
What?
Isn't she, like, real pretty?
Your heart just skipped a few beats, despite going a mile a minute. This is going in the worst possible direction. You struggle a little more, but you can't quite get loose. But...
What, you wanna...
...When's the next time we can? Come on, we'll get double rations, then!
Another burst of struggling, and this time you manage to throw your knee up, right into the kid's groin. He yells, and you capitulate on the distraction you pull out whatever pistol you've got. You fire twice, right in the kid's belly. He lets go, and you kick him off you, aiming your gun at the other one as you crawl backwards. One hand holding your 9mm pistol, you wipe your face. You didn't notice you were crying. Your side hurts from the kick, and the other boy is staring his his hands, covered in blood from the gut wound you inflicted.
You get up, and pick up Diaz' shotgun. The other kid is staring you down, rage clear on his face as his nose continuous to bleed.

The little bastards are at your mercy now... You don't know what they were planning, but whatever it was, you are pretty sure you're WELL within your rights to pull the trigger. But... they're still kids, right? IF you leave them, they'll probably... They'll probably survive.

Stats and inventory.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 05:51:11 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 07, 2019, 04:01:00 am »

I say we shoot them both, because otherwise they'll come after us again.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42