Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45214 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #330 on: October 29, 2018, 10:22:50 am »

Huh. Well, assault rifle to grow into still stands I guess.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 29, 2018, 10:39:05 am »

Silenced 9mm to whisper if she want's, she is already sneaky, and ask if she knows a good way to learn how to be sneaky, our little kid might want to know and we had been a bad teacher

grab .22 ammo and rifle, and we will have the special shotgun and rifle and maybe give the shotgun to someone if they want

give frag granade to our pyro guy if he want's, he may know how to throw it better

grab a bit of the 9mm ammo to our blitz, and a bit of it too whisper

look at the rest and say, fuck it, guys, get whatever you want, the rest we can sell later for the funds, no one get's the laser pistol unless she/he shows that knows what it is doing, we don't want to risk waste of ammo or a friend hurt.

probably should also check that Tenderloin gets herself a SMG outta the pile since she appears out of 10mm.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 30, 2018, 01:48:16 pm »

Loot has been split as you said. You took 70 9mm bullets, the rifle and the .22 ammo. Blitz was given the silenced pistol, as Whisper doesn't much care for silenced guns.

However, you didn't really say what to do next. Do you head back to the cave, or do you remain here. If so, what will you do to get this place up and running, defence-wise?
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 31, 2018, 04:32:13 am »

A quarry should have some kind of buildings and I say we should use those as a base and fortify the area around them, if there aren't any buildings for whatever reason we should look for an enclosed area with a roof to use as our base.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 31, 2018, 05:03:29 pm »

Alright, look around for some buildings. I need something a little more solid than rocks to get defending.
So, we're sticking here?
Yep. We'll look at the cave a little later, I want this place to get reinforced at least a little. You look around the quarry, noting all the loos stone.  No lack of barricade material, at least. you mutter to yourself. This looks like it might just end up being kind of pain. After only a few moments, however, Blitz is tugging you on your brand spanking new pants (which reminds you, you need to update the Pip-boy...)
Miss Whisper found something.
Miss? There's not need in being so polite, nobody likes a brown-noser.
Alright, Whisper found something.
You follow Blitz, and sure enough, there's a metal hut here, next to a half-buried convener belt. The shack looks like it was for the administrative side of things, and there is the start of a catwalk just to theside of it. That's all there is, however, as the rest of it collapsed a long time ago. The scrap metal is gone, and you suspect that it was used for some of the guard catwalks in Lagniappe. A shame, it could have added a few more shooting positions. Regardless, the shack looks like it'd be easily defensible, you just need to cover up the windows. Of course, it's still little more than a shack. You'll have to use some of the rocks if you want to defend more of the quarry, but it'll do as a command centre of sorts. A nice table to put maps on or something. Maybe draw a couple dicks, you know, tactical stuff. When you head outside, you see the others are already blocking off a couple of ways into the quarry, making a sort of maze. I'tll do, but it won't hold anybody for long. It's mostly just a few rocks that would slow you down. Enough to make it lethal in a gunfight.

People start talking as the work goes on.
Hey, maybe we should put bodies on spikes, scare people off!
Shut up, Rotface. That shit stinks the whole damn place up.
That's the point! You'd be surprised how a bad smell affects people and their fighting prowess.
Explains why you're still alive, I guess.
Gah... Walked right into that one.
Blitz laughs at the joke. Her giggle is a delight to the ears, and infectious. She really is an adorable little munchkin, though that does remind you:
You don't have any food. Most people in the wasteland can handle a longer period without food, but they want at least one meal per day, and three if possible. You had water back at the cave, but the quarry is completely dry. And, of course, no food. You need to send some people into town, or find some other way to feed yourself. Of course, you can just bring the food from the cave to here, that'll still feed you and your troops for about two weeks. But you still need water. You finished off your last bottle just now...

You need to go get some water, or figure out some way to collect it from here. There is some morning dew, but you need a catcher of sorts. You think you can figure it out, but you need some kind of large cloth to collect it, and then you need to go through the bother of finding a way to purify it. Though, you suspect that there are filters available. They're bound to be expensive. Or those purification tablets, even though it makes the water taste terrible. All of these are to be found at the town.
You could raid a water caravan, of course. Or, even better, steal the water from the town somehow.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking a lot

EXP 'till next Level-up: 230/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 31, 2018, 05:22:39 pm »

Dident we make the backpack outta a tarp or something? We could use it to make a raincatcher, perhaps then sew together a pack outta rags/bloody clothing. Except... theres no rain, is there.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2018, 03:39:46 am »

I was hopping the quarry would have some standing water in it.
We should build the water catcher thing, and see how hard it is to purify the water then use that to determine if it's viable to use the quarry as a long term base.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2018, 08:18:08 pm »

Send someone to the city with caps for the water and food

grab wanted posters and something. maybe start working for sodom or bartholomew, an inside agent
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 02, 2018, 01:25:35 am »

Dident we make the backpack outta a tarp or something? We could use it to make a raincatcher, perhaps then sew together a pack outta rags/bloody clothing. Except... theres no rain, is there.

We could still use the tarp.  A solar still is reliant on morning dew, something the quarry  has in spades. So long as we set it up right, we'll have a  consistent  bit of  purified water.  Of course, we'd probably have to ration it, but it's better than dying of dehydration.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 02, 2018, 07:28:07 pm »

Right. Get to town, gather up a couple supplies. Some water is going to be needed... Maybe some food, for the future. We're good for two weeks from that caravan, but a little more never hurt anybody.
Good plan. If we end up starving the town, that food we bought is more stuff they can't eat. Not like we lack the caps. Anything else?
Any kind of scrap you can gather, and a larger tarp. I can make a water collector with that, but I need a way to set it up and a place for the water to lie. I'd prefer plastic, lead has this awful little aftertaste called brain damage.
Right. Anything else?
Maybe get a guy to work with Sodom or the merchant. An inside man, so to speak. Of course, you'd better be careful. We haven't left survivors up until now, so I don't think they're about to call you out.
We'll need to choose a specific man. People are already finding it a tad weird that we're not stiaying in town during the night. If we pick somebody in particular, they can stay in town. They'll inform us when we pass by.
Alright. I'll try to get to that choice a little later. Oh, do they have wanted posters?
This day and age? Where would they print them? They do have a couple guys telling people there's a bounty on a short guy with weird hair and Tenderloin. Sorry to say it, chief, but that hair isn't exactly common.
They can't afford it, honey.
Ellis snorts in laughter, and then gets a crew together to get some supplies. They're eager to get some water going.

It takes a long time for them to get back, which makes sense. Buying all that stuff takes a bit, not to mention getting to town and back. In addition, they might send somebody to check on the cave. Well, you decide to take your time to get Blitz to read a little more. You use a piece of rebar sticking out from the very few remains of the catwalk to draw some more letters, and tell her to say the connecting sounds. Now, maybe it's just because you're thinking about it, but she does seem to get it a bit faster than before. In no time at all, you've managed to get her to say the alphabet, and even write the letters. She doesn't quite know them by heart, but when you wrote a simple word (Dog). She managed to read it well enough. Over-emphasised the G a little, but nothing a quick correction didn't fix. You even told her to write a word of her own, and she was quick to try and impress. "Syko" is what she wrote. You figured it out pretty fast that she probably meant "Psycho". Which led to you having to explain the concept of silent letters. She didn't like the idea, but seems to get the point of it at least partially, especially when you said what Syko would be read as. Kind of a guiding line on how to pronounce the ones you DO pronounce. Explaining why there's a 'CH' instead of a K was a bit more of a pickle, however.
You elected to suspend that lesson for now. Too much at once won't end well. Still, fine progress. Maybe next time she'll pick an easier word.

After a few more moment where you make yourself familiar with the new defences, the group finally returns, with parts in tow. Scrap is easy enough to gather, after all, and they even got a perfect collecter for the water. The tarp was the most expensive part, but it's at a decent size... You also got water for a few days, at least. Enough for you to fiddle together the solar still. Now, the basic one you make just collects dew and sends it down into a receptacle. If you had just that tiniest bit more know-how, you could even make it purify the water as it gathers. You're just not sure how that particular trick worked, again. [Need 30 Survival.]

You need to consider if you're keeping the cave, getting Nubsy from there if you're not, finding a way to figure out the purifying solar still (mentats would work!). Your shaking is also worsening, though... The dew collecter will take a long time to complete as long as that's going on, but it will get there eventually.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking like a reed, you have a growing headache

EXP 'till next Level-up: 230/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP)
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 03, 2018, 06:30:43 am »

We should use the mentats to figure out the water purifying and we should hold off on using the steady for a bit longer, then we should probably go get Nubsy and any supplies left in the cave and abandon it.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 03, 2018, 10:52:38 pm »

We should use the mentats to figure out the water purifying and we should hold off on using the steady for a bit longer, then we should probably go get Nubsy and any supplies left in the cave and abandon it.
+1. Hopefully, the mentats will also let us instruct the other raiders on what to do. Given our shakes, we might not be able to work  constantly.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 05, 2018, 04:03:27 pm »

Hey, give me a mentat.
Oh shit, good thing I'm not a fan of those. Cuz, uh, I've been kind of enjoying those drugs on the side. Well, here you go! Tenderloin throws the box of little brain enhancers at you, and you fail to catch it. It smacks against your hands just fine, but you couldn't quite get your fingers around it. Fortunately, the box holds fast and doesn't dispense its payload in the ashes. Opening the little box, you see a few small red pills, ready to be used. You take the few remaining pills, and just swallow them down, no water required. The effect is pretty fast, as your vision seems to clear up a little after a bright "flash". You sigh as you start thinking about the Solar still a little more... After a while, you get the picture on how that would work. Of course, it's pretty obvious now! Although this design needs a little more metal than before, your vague instructions meant your merry band of mercs brought a bit too much. With a little know-how, you can most certainly make a purifyer AND water collector. Some rationing will still be needed, of course, and it's not enough for the whole band quite yet (need more tarp.).
Unfortunately, you were right on the suspicion that your shakes are a little bit too bad to handle. You STRONGLY consider using the Steady but... Maybe it'll be better used for another time. Instead of that, however, you get the help of whoever was available to help build it. They weren't too happy about it, and were also kind of terrible. In the end, you had to do most of the actual knots. You'd think it'd be impossible to mess up applying ludicrous amounts of duct tape, but Rotface seems to have found a way. He neglected to put it around the actual part that needs to stick together...
God-damn it, Rotface.

Other than that, nobody in this whole damn camp knows how to sew some tarp together, and as you can probably guess, your shaking hands make that task all but impossible. Fortunately, Blitz was able to step up to the plate, though the sheer size of tarp and the careful overlapping to avoid spillage made it a tiring job. Not to mention, you need to stick around to prevent her from making a wrong stitch in there. Still, she manages to catch on pretty fast, and after a while the only thing that really gets to her is the exertion.
And the lack of water.
You all work for quite a while longer, and the water purifier is done just a few moments before sundown. By the end of the sewing, you had Rotface take over. He managed to prick himself (well, when the needle is that big it's more stabbing yourself), but he finished up Blitz' work. She's fast asleep, having found a particularly appealing spot that's basically a small indentation, hidden behind a boulder and giving the perfect space for her to curl up and sleep.  She complained of a headache, too, and you're fairly certain it's the dehydration starting to come in. Well, come tomorrow you'll have some water to give her. But, as stated, you'll need to get a little more if you want to hydrate everybody. Maybe you should make a visit to the town as you go... It's night-time, after all.
Well, you'll do it when you get back from the cave. You've got gear to gather up and Nubsy to pick up. You elect to leave Whisper behind to keep watch over Blitz. They got along well enough, and she's happy to not have to move all the way to the cave. It's an hour's travel, after all.

As your posse travels the waste, you find very little of note. A few ghouls, at one point, but Rotface just kind of pushed them out of the way, sending them a tad more towards town. One ghoul is particular, missing a lower jaw, even gurgled and screamed (it's tongue flopped around as it did, no jaw to rest in. Disgusting...) and took on a sprint towards the only light in the surrounding area. The echoing crack of a gunshot a few minutes later show that it was not successful at doing anything, but at least it's one less zombie in the world. Who knows, maybe he bashed some bastard's brain in first. However, as you walk through the dark, you suddenly end up tripping over a surprising bit of hard material over the seemingly never-ending plains of ash. Falling down, facefirst, you start swearing up a storm until you notice that it's a box. Your party looks at eachother for a time, and then quickly get to work pulling the box out of the ground. You hope that the radiation didn't cook whatever's inside up too bad. Opening up the box, the first thing you see is a skull. Seems like you're graverobbing today. Opening up the box completely proves that its worth it, though. He was buried with a sack of money. Opening up the bag, you see that it's... legion money? Well, it's gold, so it'll still sell pretty well. The gold standard is alive and well, for some reason, but you think it's mainly because people like how well it conducts electricity. Wiring is expensive business in the wastes, but nearly always worth it. And those power lines are sometimes still powered, making looting them a bit risky. Shrugging, you also realize that this man was buried alive. The scratch marks on the inside of the coffin seem to show that [PER:6]
Must have been a personal case. Weird to bury him with legion gold, though, must have had some hate behind it. Oh well.
Yours now.

When you reach the cave, you find Nubsy to be fast asleep. That wouldn't be problem, in most circumstances. This isn't most circumstances, though, as there's a ghoul currently inspecting him very closely. The thing is obviously feral, but for some reason it isn't attacking or eating him quite yet. It's just kind of holding Nubsy, and stroking his head. You heard that they sometimes remember a part of former life, but...

How do you proceed.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking like a reed, you have a killer headache

Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 05, 2018, 08:50:20 pm »

I'm divided in learning animal handling with a ghoul, and just shooting it before it notices us
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 06, 2018, 04:47:55 am »

We should cautiously approach it and get its attention, if its hostile we kill it, but if its not we should see if we can do anything useful with it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42