Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45201 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2018, 03:12:17 pm »

What's the catch?
Why, I'm insulted you would say such a thing. But also glad. No, there is no downside to this. It's just a little perk for her that isn't immediately visible. It's a little hard to tell if it's real, but I guarantee that it is.
What are you going to do? Blitz gasps out, barely holding back from ralphing on the floor.
Please, you won't even know I did anything. Things are just going to be a little easier for you.
I'll take it.
And the deal is struck! Now, for my payment... She comes close to you, far to close for comfort. She grabs your hand, lifts you up with some effort, and then uses her off hand to procure a syringe out of nowhere! Before you can react, the needle is in your arm and draining blood. You scream in pain, and before you can punch her off, shes already absconding with a full vial of your blood. She waves goodbye by waving her fingers as you lose consciousness.

When you awake, you see everybody in the cave was knocked unconscious. You're just the first one to wake up. When you look down at the pinecone, you see that the back end of it has sprouted a small metal tube. You were drugged, probably through a gas of some sorts. How... frustrating. You hardly even remember what just happened, although you have this distinct stabbing pain in your arm. Whatever she is, it's not pure magic... When you look at your pip-boy, you see that your perk menu is empty once more, and that there's a new little bar by the side. Days2deal is written under it. You decide to pay it no mind, other than noting that there's a big 3 next to it. That lady must have added it, somehow. You don't like what she can do, not in the slightest. After a few more moments, people start waking up. Tenderloin was the first, alongside Shaky. People spend most of their time getting their bearings, and when Blitz is the only one still asleep, you tell them what just went down. Well, the part where people got drugged, at least. Nothing has been stolen, at least, which was only confirmed after a few checks of equipment. People eventually come to the consensus to pretend this never happened, and they were not caught with their pants down by somebody who looks like they raided a costume convention for an outfit. However, Blitz is still out cold for a while longer. It makes sense, though, considering she's quite a bit smaller than everybody else here. Or used to drugs, that's also a factor.

When she wakes up, she's still a little groggy. Considering you don't want to clean up two puddles of vomit (your own was embarrassing enough) you elect to let her sit there for a while while the dog tries to comfort her. Looks like it's a really good comfort animal, if nothing else. It doesn't do that much if you don't pay attention to it, though.  You'll have to see later if Blitz really does learn faster, somehow. Now, however, you should make a team for taking the quarry.

Take your pick from the people here to go take the quarry for yourselves. You shouldn't have to take anything down, but somebody will have to stay there. If you take everybody, this cave is basically lost to you until somebody comes back.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking quite a bit...

EXP 'till next Level-up: 165/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:54:35 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 21, 2018, 11:59:58 am »

We should take everyone with us to the quarry and scout around it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 21, 2018, 03:04:55 pm »

The fastest runner should stay, in case the city send a large force right now that the guy that stays behind won't have how to deal with
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 23, 2018, 02:44:25 pm »

Who's the fastest runner, here? You ask to the group. As per usual, Ellis is the one to answer
Long distance or short distance?
Long. I'm leaving somebody here to watch the fort, and come get us if they send some people. No need to fight them when we're split up.
Hm, decent plan. But the direct route to the quarry from here would be on the path of the guards, if they come from the city. It's still a risk. One that I think we can take, but still. Something to keep in mind.
I'll keep it in mind. Now. Who is the best runner?
Well, I suppose that'd be Nubsy. At least long-distance. Short distances, you want Whisper.
Aren't you the best long-distance runner, boss? A voice that sounds like someone gargling tar for a living says. Rotface is back, it seems.
Shut up, Rotface. Shaky says, almost bored of the sentence.
No. No, I am not. How'd it go with the ferals?
It sucked. I think I managed to get a horde of them marching north for a bit, but there's no telling if they'll keep going. Feral herding is not an easy thing to do ig you didn't know.
North? You mean they're heading in this general direction?
I mean, very general. They'll be off by a bit... What are we talking about, anyway?
We're going to take over the quarry as a second base and leaving our best runner here to warn us if the town attacks.
The quarry? The one south of town?
No, the other quarry around here.
The ghoul is about to say something stupid. You can tell from his raised eyebrows and opening mouth. The rotten appearance does not help in making it look any less punch-worthy.
He's being sarcastic, Rotface. There is no other quarry.
I swear to God I was about to punch him.
A lotta people get that feeling.
Shut up, Rotface.

With the dealing out of the way, you decide to get moving. Nubsy stays behind to keep watch, and your gang makes their move towards the quarry. Though, considering you're a wanted man (as is Tenderloin and possibly Blitz), you avoid going through town. The walk around is frustratingly hot, as there's nothing but ash and sunlight beaming down on you. Fortunately, the mercs have some water on them. You'll need to get your own bottles refilled soon. In the cave, you can gather up the moisture, but that isn't going to cut it. Especially if you're moving the quarry. After about two hours of walking, you finally reach the quarry. It's quiet, nary a soul around. Standing over the empty field, you see mostly piles of rocks in a collection of places perfect for a firefight. The walls to the sides have indentation for people to hide behind, remnants of some final bits of mining before the big kaboom cleaned house. You even see a few remains of pickaxes and the occasional skeleton (half-buried by ash.). You think they were just mining out stone, which makes you wonder why nobody came and looted this perfectly good building material. Then you remember that people probably didn't want to haul themselves through an insane amount of fallout to pick up a rock. Especially considering the amounts are large enough to make easy transportation impossible. Oh well.
The place looks clear enough, at first glance. No birds, even the rocks look kind of neat. The dog seems really on edge, though, for some reason. Softly growling and with her ears down.
Dumb mutt's probably scared of the tall rocks. Dumbass...

How should we make this place ours?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP 'till next Level-up: 165/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2018, 05:46:55 am »

The dog knows that somethings up, we should get everyone ready for a potential fight and slowly move through the quarry while searching all of the crevasses for any hostiles.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2018, 10:29:14 pm »

PTW. Seconding Zultain.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2018, 05:48:58 pm »

What's that, boy? You smell some dumb motherfuckers about to make the worst decision of their life? Really! Well now... You say, sarcastically. You quickly turn to the rest of the group. [Big Dog] Spread out and find me some fucking blood! . (Roll= d100 + 40 = 43)
The group doesn't seem very excited for it, though they still comply. They spread out a little to properly cover the quarry. Two people go along the sides, getting a height advantage, while you, tenderloin and Shakey go up front. Blitz stays back, getting her rifle ready. The dog stays with her as she goes prone. You're not even fully past the first rock when you see that your dog was right! There's a guy in a leather coat trying to get his arm out of the crevice he was hiding in. He may have already been holding the gun, but you were holding yours. The critical half-second made the difference in who gets the lead thrown at him, and you won that battle. You would have preferred your revolver at this range, but with the shakes throwing you off you elected to go for the shotgun once more. So, you hit the target, no problem. You also hit the rock around him, causing some of the fragments of that to hurt him, all well and good.
Getting peppered by buckshot at that range hurts like a motherfucker, and would keep an untrained man out of the fight. Tragically, the man just yells very loudly as he points his gun at you with a damaged arm, proving to you that you're up against somebody trained.
Nuts.

You throw yourself, injured leg and all, behind a rock. It's essentially like throwing a dead weight behind you, except that it's attached to you. Still, you already established that the quarry is an excellent spot for a firefight. Plenty of cover. You can hide behind this rock right here, no problem. It sounds like ragnarok has been unleashed around you, you think you aggravated your injury by forcing yourself to jump like that, and the guy you peppered is likely still firing his rifle (you think it's a rifle. Gunshots aren't as easy to differentiate as you'd think.)
When you suddenly hear somebody scream right around the corner, followed by a guy sprinting away from something in your direction. You're about to blast him until you see Tenderloin right behind him with blood on her machetes. And the rest of her.
You never noticed it before, but her eyes really gleam when she's excited like that. She looked like a demon from a man's nightmares, covered in blood like that. Shaggy black hair slicked down. You wonder where are the blood came from, until you notice the screaming man was missing an arm. He was also just a tad too slow, and is stopped in his track when a heavy machete cuts through his shoulder right to his ribs. He didn't scream any more, but not for lack of trying.
...Heya, Chief.
Sup, Tends.
Good call on the fanning out, we woulda been mincemeat if they were able to set up on the walls.
Thanks.
Some chunks of rock go flying loose close to you. Somebody is spraying fire in your general direction. Though, considering that you fired only a single shot, more likely Tenderloin.
How many did you get already?
Fight only just started. Didn't have a chance to get one beyond this fella right here.
Right.
Another bullet plinks nearby, guessing from where the rocks are flying, you can make an educated guess as to where the dead man is. All around you are gunshots, and the nature of the quarry makes the sounds bounce around. Sound is going to be of no help, here. With your educated guesstimate, you point out your shotgun and fire blindly. You can't tell if you hit somebody, too much yelling.
I'm going to get back to it. Cover me for a second.
Yup. You say, trying to hide the adrenaline coursing through you. It's mostly for posture, making sure you don't appear like an idiot when you're sitting on your ass because you have a bum leg. You reload the shotgun, and equip your 9mm in your other hand. You're going to need to do some covering, and quantity overtakes the quality, here. The shotgun is what you're hoping will do the trick.

Forcing yourself on your feet (just foot, singular, will do fine, thanks.), you decide to fire your pistol in a general direction while poking your head out. You see one guy taking cover not too far away, but Tenderloin is off like a shot, going inbetween the different boulders and openings. She can handle herself, but the distraction actually manages to get to you. The guy isn't in cover, and took aim with his rifle. Then his head jerks to one side, he twitches for a moment, and then he falls to the ground, bleeding profusely from the fresh hole.
God-damn, Blitz is a natural with that rifle.
Deciding that you've spent too much time in one place, you limp forward and find a different spot to plop your useless leg down. Poiting your shotgun forward, in case something were to-
Oop, there it is.
Your gun roars its mighty blast, and and the woman that turned the corner in your new cubbyhole is partially reduced to hamburger meat. She took the shot to the chest, and she wasn't wearing armor worth a damn, either. She's not dead, though. You elect to come closer to the girl gasping for air through ruined lungs. Removing the knife from your belt, you stab him in the heart to speed it up at least a little. Her eyes go hazy as death takes her. You take her ammo, 9mm. A fresh magazine for your own pistol, how convenient! And some extra ammo, too! Why, things sure are going great today. What other gifts does santa have?
The sudden vicious bark, followed by your bum leg getting mauled by a large four-footed animal, shows that maybe things aren't going THAT great. You hit the ground screaming, your flesh getting twisted and torn as the hound shakes its head around. Just as its about to jump further along to take a bite on a more vital part, an angel with a large pair of brass knuckles comes out of nowhere to uppercut the dog into a flip.
Shaky has arrived, and boy does he look steady. With the distraction, you pick up your pistol and reload as fast as you can manage with your hands shaking this violently. You start swearing as you keep failing to get it in, but Shaky can fend off the dog well enough. It's a unique fighting style he uses, focusing almost entirely on his right hand while only using his left for quick deflecting jabs and swipes. The dog takes quite a few licks, but the thing seems to be related to the local super mutants from how BIG the motherfucker is! Thick hair covers the beast, making it almost fluffy if it wasn't so covered in filth, matting the fur. Eventually, you manage to slam the magazine in there.
Shake! Give me a shot!
Wordlessly, Shaky complies and kicks the dog a distance away. You start firing with your pistol, hitting the creature in the head on the first shot, despite the shaking. (Roll= 38+d100-15[shakes]=121)

It stops moving instantly. Alright, could have gone worse. You're only bleeding to death. Fuck.
You notice the gunshots have quieted, apart from one returning sound of an automatic pistol. Then you hear a scream from a voice you don't recognize, and it all goes silent.
SOUND OFF! WHO'S HURT!? Ellis yells. He's on the other side of the quarry. Must have fought his way there along the sides.
Bob's dead! You hear Crackle yell. His voice sounds a bit like Rotface's, though there's a bit more of a breathy aspect to it. With the safety established, you take a look around the place. You notice at least three burnt corpses. Seems Crackle's a good throw with the molotovs. He was on the sidelines, so he had an excellent angle for it, too. Thank god you had them spread out. If they got a little more motivated, though, you probably could have avoided the injuries.
Oh, and Bob's death. But who cares.

The quarry is clear, but your leg is back to proper fucked. And the guy that patched it up at least partially is back at the cave.
Fuck.
You should make a decision on what to do next.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP 'till next Level-up: 230/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP)
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 26, 2018, 04:33:04 am »

Have someone get the cleanest piece of cloth they can get, then cut it into strips and use it to bandage the leg as best as we can, while the others loot the corpses.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 26, 2018, 10:12:06 am »

Have someone get the cleanest piece of cloth they can get, then cut it into strips and use it to bandage the leg as best as we can, while the others loot the corpses.
1+

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 26, 2018, 08:37:42 pm »

Check WHO these guys were, if there is a hint why they were there, and organize some kind of funeral for bob before we start reinforcing
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 27, 2018, 03:45:21 pm »

Update delayed due to no access to computer. Am posting this from my phone
Neat stuff I do:

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 28, 2018, 04:05:01 pm »

Alright, spread out and start looting. If you happen upon a nice piece of cloth, bring it to be before I fucking bleed out, would you?
Shit, man, we probably aughta get that done double-quick.
Aww, you noticed! Thanks. Now could you do me a favor and fucking GET TO IT?
Y-yeah, got it!
You mutter to yourself as you slowly start feeling more and more pain flooding in. With the adrenaline of a gunfight gone, the throbbing pain of the torn leg is getting worse and worse. Not to mention your pants are ripped to shreds. Well, plenty of pants to pick from, after an extensive cleaning.
Contrary to what people think, pants looted from fresh corpses are a little damp in the best cases and a little more filthy in most others. Loose bowels. Though, if you're lucky, they were wearing a serious amount of underpants. Not bloody likely, but possible.
You stop thinking about ways to avoid poop in a corpse's pants (the state of the world, honestly...) when that Whisper lady comes closer with what looks like proper bandages. She doesn't say anything, and instead just shows the roll. Deciding against starting a conversation with a mute, you just roll back your pants a little to allow for easy access to the wound. After a short glance, she places it over your leg and starts rolling it off around the leg. You're not sure what she's doing wrong, but you think it's supposed to be a little tighter than that. And not leave holes inbetween the lines. [Medicine roll: 13/25 Eventually, though, you hear Ellis come up from behind.
Whisper? God-damn it, just TELL HIM that you can't dress a wound for shit. Fucking hell, get out of my way.
Ellis angrily starts removing the shoddily added bandage. Whisper slinks off without a word, turning a corner. You note that you can barely hear her footsteps at all as she goes, which is nice. You're decent at stealth yourself, so you know that isn't easy. Though the ashes help, of course. Muffles at least some of the sound

Ellis is clearly a bit better at using bandages than whisper, being not only faster, but managing to pull it tight enough to prevent any further bleeding. The pressure is pain-relieving as well, though you suspect it'll take a little bit before you'll be able to run around as before again. What you need is a doctor's bag, maybe a stimpack to get you moving, but a doctor's bag has everything needed to fix up a limb properly. Hydra would work too, but that stuff is ludicrously rare. Some legion troops invented it, and you need special cave fungus to make it. The stuff that actually leeches rads out of your system. Some swamplands in Louisiana have a ton of mushrooms, but that kind of cave fungus is tragically rare. If you read the description on doctor's bags, though, pre-war medicine worked similar to hydra, except you need to keep the limb in the right place or it'll grow back weird. Well, anyhow...
Try to find out who these assholes were. Mercs or guards... Maybe some other kind of dickweed?
Don't bother. It's the guys from the next town over. I recognize the emblem. They're kind of a guard/mercs mix. They guard the town by default, but you just need to pay some caps and they'll do some shit for you.
...Really.
Town's been described as, and I quote, "A vicious hive of scum and villainy, but mostly just a craphole.". Considering it came from the town's administration, I'm figuring it doesn't have an exceptionally positive outlook.
Right. Whatever. That mean we have two towns out for our blood?
Sodom's got the other town in his pocket. You suddenly hear from above you. Tenderloin is squatting on a rock right above you, and is currently enjoying a nuka-cola. You don't like that drink overmuch. You don't trust anything that just miraculously regained its fizz after about 180 years of radiation. Used to be they were all luke-warm and not very good, but then they turned into the soft-drink of the apocalypse. Somehow. Tenderloin continues talking after her sip: Like Ellie here just said, they do whatever in exchange for caps. Sodom's got caps AND delivers most of the chems. That puts him on equal footing with God.
Right. Because we didn't have enough problems.
Could be worse, chief. These fellas have some great loot. Here, enjoy this. She says, before tossing a doctor's bag down next to you.
We're just putting their shit in a bag, for now. Come count it when you're done here.
She turns around and hops off the rock, guessing from the thump.

Did she just climb up just to have a more interesting way to talk to us?
She's probably taken a drug she looted. She's a bit loopy when she's drugged.
Doesn't happen often, does it?
Aren't we observant. Lemme just get to work on this leg. Help out with the looting.
Yes, sir. Ellis says, giving a mock salute as he goes.
Smartass.
The doctor's bag is easy enough to use. It includes a few tools to set bones, but you can make do with the medical brace and the tubing. The limb-healing stuff needs to be directly placed at the afflicted part. It's a nasty, disgusting and honestly painful process, but a short one. The bag of the drugs is ready, and you connect it. Then, you take a deep breath and place the tubing a little bit into your ruined flesh. You resist swearing, but once the drug enters your body, you quickly start feeling better. You remove the tubing after the bag is squeezed empty, and keep your leg as still as possible. The brace helps against your shaking, but it still burns a bit. But after only a minute, your leg feels good as new. Just to be sure, however, you keep the medical brace on for now.
You need pants, but just as you're thinking of that, that also gets dropped next to you. Blitz is standing there, a little sheepish, and in a new outfit.
Hi...
Sup. New outfit?
Whisper cut it up from some of the guards, do you like it?
She's wearing a pair of slouch trousers, (which used to be called equestrian breeches, but no horses kind of left those pants in need of a new name). They're fairly tight pants with some added leather along the middle (presumably for added comfort during riding). They're stretchy and comfortable, perfect for moving and fighting in relatively. These things are obviously a tad too large, but a plethora of belts (on the normal spot along along her legs) and some decent knifework on the bottom make it fit on Blitz' tiny frame. The central belt is especially nice, forming a sort of groin protector with a rather strange skull in the middle. It looks like it's chrome, too, though the filth makes it a bit hard to tell. Might have been a motorcycle decal, once upon a time. Either way, it'll hurt to kick. She also got a shirt, though it's missing the right sleeve. It looks nice AND functional. All in all rather excellent.
It's nice. Shame about the pants, though, they're not common.
Whisper said that they can just stitch the lower parts on again when I get bigger. And the belts get looser, too!
Quite nice. Right, where did they stack up the loot?
Oh! Y-yeah, they told me to get you. Follow me!
Pants first.
O-oh. Right.
After a few moments, you are fully dressed once more. The pants are tough, but a tad uncomfortable. The medical brace doesn't help, though you'll only be wearing it for a short while.

Blitz runs off when you're done and you're happy to note you can keep up rather well. You limp a little bit because of the brace not allowing you to bend your knee all the way (old, rusty piece of...)
Well, the loot pile is impressive. You go over it for a while, keeping note of everything. You also asked for a funeral for Bob, but the rest of the party stated they already did that. They took his pistol and plan to sell it. Well, that'll do. I mean, it's just Bob. Who cares?

Weapons (exceptional finds are boldened)

Ammo

Chems

15 caps (That's all?)

A good haul, especially considering you only lost one guy. Now what do you do? Start setting up camp here or head back, first? Also, try to spread the loot a bit. Keep the mecs happy.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking a lot

EXP 'till next Level-up: 230/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP)
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 28, 2018, 08:27:27 pm »

Silenced 9mm to whisper if she want's, she is already sneaky, and ask if she knows a good way to learn how to be sneaky, our little kid might want to know and we had been a bad teacher

grab .22 ammo and rifle, and we will have the special shotgun and rifle and maybe give the shotgun to someone if they want

give frag granade to our pyro guy if he want's, he may know how to throw it better

grab a bit of the 9mm ammo to our blitz, and a bit of it too whisper

look at the rest and say, fuck it, guys, get whatever you want, the rest we can sell later for the funds, no one get's the laser pistol unless she/he shows that knows what it is doing, we don't want to risk waste of ammo or a friend hurt.
Novice english wordsmith

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 28, 2018, 11:11:16 pm »

What ammo does Blitz's rifle take? Its 5.56, yeah? We might want to give her the assault rifle as something to grow into. probably should also check that Tenderloin gets herself a SMG outta the pile since she appears out of 10mm.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2018, 03:50:55 am »

What ammo does Blitz's rifle take? Its 5.56, yeah? We might want to give her the assault rifle as something to grow into. probably should also check that Tenderloin gets herself a SMG outta the pile since she appears out of 10mm.

Uses .22 rounds, actually.
5.56 is actually fairly rare around here, though it's a common enough ammo type throughout most of Louisiana.
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42