Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45217 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #300 on: October 13, 2018, 03:23:32 pm »

This is kinda boring.
That's watch for you. Mostly it's just staring at the road hoping something happens.
How do you stand it
Basically, I try to stare ahead and forget that my life is slowly ending. If you're lucky, you kind of doze off while watching, or you find things to amuse yourself with as you watch. making up stories, talking to themselves, masturbation, the usual.
What's masturbation?
Jerking off.
Which is?
If you don't get it, no harm done. If you got it, no harm done. So let's stop it right here. Don't ask Tenderloin.
Can I go back inside?
I'm not forcing you here. I'm not teaching much by showing off how to stare in the distance of things.
Cool. Bye!

A short while later, you hear Blitz shouting "EWWWW!" from inside the cave. Looks like she asked Tenderloin.
Dumbass.
After a long period of pretty much nothing, you eventually spot something coming along. A single traveler, with nothing on him but a small pack and a rather large handgun. Can't be a trader, most likely just a traveller. Unlikely to be worth anything of note, but you do notice that he has a bulletproof vest under his jacket. A little better-prepared than he appears at first glance.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking a little more.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 165/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2018, 12:34:33 pm »

okay, we got blitz tenderloin and our crippled leg, I don't know if we can beat him down, if he isn't heading in our way maybe we should only let him go, maybe ask the tenderloin to throw a paper plane on his direction with words saying "Don't trust the fatman, small missions ok, against sodom you will be dead - the betrayed" and leave
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 14, 2018, 12:53:49 pm »

okay, we got blitz tenderloin and our crippled leg, I don't know if we can beat him down, if he isn't heading in our way maybe we should only let him go, maybe ask the tenderloin to throw a paper plane on his direction with words saying "Don't trust the fatman, small missions ok, against sodom you will be dead - the betrayed" and leave
1+

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 14, 2018, 08:23:25 pm »

1+
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2018, 03:20:23 am »

1+
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2018, 02:51:36 pm »

Let's just leave this guy be... Although I should probably warn him. Of course, by the time I stop talking to myself and get to the cave, he'll be long gone. You should probably think of bringing along paper and a pen in the future, but as it stands you can't really do anything unless you want to walk up to the guy. You don't want to make it known that you're still around, so you'll just have to leave this guy be. You'll just have to hope he doesn't make any dumb mistakes that end up bad for you. You elect to shrug and keep watch for a time longer. It doesn't take much longer before you finally see your own merc band on the horizon. About time.
When they come in, they bring in a few things. Steady, for one, which you quickly pocket for later use. Maybe a little more brusquely than strictly needed, but you need your gas, man. It set you back 49 caps, thanks to a little haggling they managed to do. In addition, your crew did their job of getting a little more information on the town. For one, they found out where the barracks are, and placed the town square on their impromptu map. It's still rather barebones, honestly nothing useful on the tactical sense, though they drew in a few more houses on the northern part. You report on how nothing special happened other than the one traveller. Shakey makes the guess that it was likely a courier if he travelling light and well-prepared. And there is one universal rule across America:
Don't fuck with the guy delivering your mail.

With your supplies and information gained, you decide to look into your next steps. For one, you teach Blitz a few more things about writing, and Whisper even volunteered to show her how to stab something stealthily. You learn that you shouldn't go for a throat slice. Sure, it works most of the time. But if you miss the jugular, which is something that happens more than you'd think, you just have a pissed off enemy that's about to gurgle at his fellows. Hell, he's even likely to survive. Instead, you should go for the nape of the neck, or the back of the head, where the neck meets the skull. One stab there, and they're dead before they realized they had an accident. Then you just need to hide the body. Of course, Blitz is going to have trouble reaching, so now she's getting lessons on the achilles tendon. You learn a few things yourself, to be honest. (Gained perk!: Sharp wit. Your sneak attacks with a bladed weapon are slightly more effective, adding half the melee skill points as damage.)

You should take an action now. Preferably something that isn't just "scout the town". Your mercs will get bored from doing the same thing over and over again. Maybe you should set up a few defences. Or, you could set up a few entertainment options. There should be something to do, even if it is just tic-tac-toe.

Statistics and inventory.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking a little more.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 165/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 16, 2018, 06:17:27 am »

I think we should move somewhere else before we start going on the offensive.
Ask the mercs if there is anywhere that we could use as a base that people don't know about, and is still near the town.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 16, 2018, 12:45:04 pm »

I think we should move somewhere else before we start going on the offensive.
Ask the mercs if there is anywhere that we could use as a base that people don't know about, and is still near the town.
1+

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2018, 01:19:14 pm »

I don't know if this perk will be really usefull

it's about +9 damage, we are strong but we aren't exactly melee focused

should we trade with that devil now or should we wait an occasion?

maybe we should give the mercs quite a show

call her in the middle of the cave right now and let they trade with our "business-woman"
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 18, 2018, 04:00:20 pm »

Alright, I think we might start going on the offensive soon, but we need some place that we can hide out at.
W-w-what's w-wrong with this spot? It's defensible, all w-we n-need is some walls or t-tents and people won't be too k-k-keen on attacking us.
They've got numbers, and bounty hunters if they so desire. We need multiple places to attack from.
We haven't exactly been around here for long, boss. I don't know any places other than the town.
We could try the quarry. With the high walls, we can make a killzone in the middle.
Sounds a bit hard to reinforce, but we can probably make it work. Where is it?
Following the southern road, it's right on the way.
Sounds a bit less like a hide-out if it's the main road out of town.
But it could work. Block another trade route.
If we c-can keep it. It'll attract a lot of attention.
We'll just talk about it later. I've got a meeting with something.
Really? What would that be?
I seriously don't know. But I think it might be useful.

You place the mysterious pinecone in the ashes, and you don't even finish putting the ashes over it before time seems to stop.
No, not as if you reached some kind of new height of a jet high or a adrenaline rush. More intense. Time has completely and utterly stopped, the world taking on a strange yellowish tone everywhere except for you. And Blitz, who is looking rather terrified.
What the fu- you manage to sputter out, before the sudden influx of nausea overtakes you. You vomit just about right on the spot, finding yourself completely disoriented from the stopped time. Blitz is having similar issues, having fallen on her hands and knees, but keeping her lunch in. Good on her.
Well... That was early! That voice says again. After only a blink, she's in front of you.
What the fuck did you do?
Oh, you'll get it after this is done. So, you got a new little perk and want to trade it in for something of mine, eh? Well, it's not a very special perk, is it? I can't give you my best wares, but there's a few things.
W-what...
Ah! Should have figured. You two are linked, I figure. Or maybe you're both a little more resistant, who knows. Anyway, here are my wares. Remember them well, you only get one look. I can't come around EVERY time you need me.
Sure... I g-guess. You find yourself coming off your feelings of vertigo.
Excellent! Now, take a look at these!
Out of nowhere, she pulls out a carpet and unrolls it on the ground. The ashes are completely undisturbed by it, which is unnerving the hell out of you. What's on it is a bit less than impressive compared to the pipboy.
First up is a laserpistol. That is some serious hardware, sure, but you've only got twenty energy cells for it. If .357 is rare, this is going to be downright impossible to find around here.
Second is an odd looking drug, another kind of inhaler, but not like Jet. On the side, written in permanent marker, is the words X-cell. Makes you better at just about anything, for a short while. Trust me, it's powerful stuff. Of course, the crash is a bit harsh
And the last one is...
And I.O.U?
Well, it's kind of a placeholder. I didn't have a third item ready yet, but it'll come. Point is, this will help Blitz along a little in a few special ways. Consider it some lessons from me to her... Though she won't be learning my tricks, by any means. Just some general things, faster learning, reading, that sort of thing...
I don't... I don't wanna learn from you.
Oh, no... You won't be learning from ME, specifically, you'll just get a perk that allows for easier learning. But that's a bit beyond you, I think. Just sit there and lie back a bit. Try to think of tasty things, I find it helps with the sickness.
Guh... You're still kind of reeling from the vertigo. You never know how much you appreciate the normal passage of time until its gone...

So, what'll it be?
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 18, 2018, 10:28:34 pm »

Learn faster...  a freaking link

"So, blitz, do you wanna be the smartest kid in the entire Louisiana? the other two stuff Won't be that useful for me, but really, you know will be owning me a lot"

Ask if there isn't any drawback from the third option,

if there isn't get it on spot

ask if she can appear to the other people too or just have a way to just pop "new item on the market" on my pipeboy, so we won't have to call her everytime when there isn't something interesting, and she could mass send it to every client
Novice english wordsmith

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 19, 2018, 07:15:21 am »

"So, blitz, do you wanna be the smartest kid in the entire Louisiana? the other two stuff Won't be that useful for me, but really, you know will be owning me a lot"

ask if she can appear to the other people too or just have a way to just pop "new item on the market" on my pipeboy, so we won't have to call her everytime when there isn't something interesting, and she could mass send it to every client

1+

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 19, 2018, 08:15:22 am »

1+
+1

Didn't we get a laser pistol and a 20 gauge earlier, from the people we killed in the quarry?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2018, 12:41:50 pm »

The laser pistol was dented, a ghoul bit it until he managed to vaporized himself
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 20, 2018, 06:09:34 am »

I looked back and I could have sworn there was a laser pistol in the quarry, but I guess not.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42