Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45216 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #285 on: October 05, 2018, 07:06:35 am »

I think we should just pull the pellets out also I think we should wait awhile to completely heal our HP as we are at 80/215
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 07:15:22 am by Basil ii »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2018, 07:10:38 am »

I think we should just pull the pellets out
+1 Keep the brahmin around it might be useful, also strip the dead caravan people of any useful items and leave there bodies to rot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 05, 2018, 08:58:07 am »

Whatever we do, tell him to explain us what exactly we are doing, on abscence of alcohol we will try to distract ourselves getting teached on medicine

we can rest but maybe we can get the rifle and be a kind of sharpshooter on the next mission, we don't want to just be a deadweight for a time
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 06, 2018, 05:41:48 pm »

FFFFUUUUCK!
I told you, man, one bottle of beer isn't going to be enough even if you chug it. Now hush up, you're harshing my operating groove.
Taking out the pellets was not a fun thing to have happen, even if it is going rather fast. Nubsy, as it turns out, is really calm when working on this kind of thing. Of course, that doesn't make him careful in any respect. He's about four pellets down, and about 14 more to go. You haven't been taking it very well, and you've been slumming it on the anaesthesia. The beer the caravan had helps, but you're still not quiet about the pain. You're sweating hard, and most people are keeping their distance as a result of your outbursts and slamming of the floor. Also because it's really, really gross.
This goes on for some time, and after half an hour it's finally over. One could go into more detail, but honestly, what's the point? You'll not remember it in just a while. It'll just be remembered as "that one time shit hurt for an hour" for you. Anyhow, one stimpack later you're no longer bleeding and your leg starts healing. But you're still on a serious limp. Matter of fact: it's best if you don't put any pressure on that leg at all.

The caravan as mostly food, as it turns out. The weapons are rather simple: a pipe rifle and a 9mm pistol. A decent model, on par with the one you fixed up. The piper rifle is also pretty decent for being a pipe rifle, firing .308 rounds, of which the caravan had about 3. The trader himself wore some simple clothing, though they're a bit better quality than what you're used to. The guard with him had some proper leather armor, though it's not exactly your size. He had about a head over you, after all. Their weapons are a bit more interesting, though. The 10mm submachine gun is the same model Tenderloin was hanging on to, and the caravan shotgun has a bit more range than your old-but-gold sawedoff. The O/U design is a bit more accurate, as well. Unfortunately, it uses 20g shells, meaning power sort of suffers. Well, still valuable. You left their corpses to rot where they lay, naked.

Total loot: Food for two weeks, pipe rifle, 9mm pistol, caravan shotgun, 10mm submachine gun, 3 .308 round, 60 10mm rounds, 16 20g shells, leather armor (illfitting)(4DT), comfortable clothes (1DT), two stimpacks (one used for leg), one beer (used as anasthesia), one live Brahmin.

Well, that's about it. You should do some planning for now. Waiting around for another opportunity is fine, sure, but you might as well be pro-active. Also: you should decide how you split the loot (other than the food. That's shared by default).

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking slightly

EXP 'till next Level-up: 165/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 07, 2018, 07:04:30 am »

Give the .308 pipe rifle, 9mm pistol, caravan shotgun, 10mm submachine gun, leather armor, comfortable clothes, and ammo, to any of the mercenaries that want any of it.
We could have the guys go and scout around the town some more, to try and find any useful locations or any more caravans.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 07, 2018, 10:16:50 am »

Give the .308 pipe rifle, 9mm pistol, caravan shotgun, 10mm submachine gun, leather armor, comfortable clothes, and ammo, to any of the mercenaries that want any of it.
We could have the guys go and scout around the town some more, to try and find any useful locations or any more caravans.
1+

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 07, 2018, 05:53:48 pm »

Suggest rotface attract ghouls to the other side of the city, between the wild dog road and the south road on the east?

anyway, we need to find somewhere else to hide so the scouting

and we need a fucking steady, there isn't anybody who is suitable to go to the city buy a steady and go back?

Ask if someone know how to make traps in our group
, maybe we should put some on the street to slow bypasser enough so we can raid them

meanwhile as we can't do anything else we can serve as a watcher and front guard, keep the gun on our lap and binoculars on our hand
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 09, 2018, 03:51:41 pm »

Grab what you want. Consider it an early payday, to give you an idea of what's to follow under me.
For real? Man, that'll get you popular.
We're still sharing the food, though. I'm not too keen on starving.
Well, that just makes sense. Especially considering you just went balls-out on that caravan. Really, I'm gonna call you stupid for doing it, but you make stupid look good. Eat what you want.
You thank him with a sarcastic smile, it's that sort of thank you that has a very open undercurrent of "kiss my ass". Ellis' laughter is a little grating. I mean, you got RESULTS, didn't you? Not like they were hitting a lot, even if it was Ellis that ended up shooting down the guard. Would have been nice if the others could have hit him, though a later look at the corpse and armor reveals he did take a few bullets to his back. His armor just seems to have blocked most of the immediate damage, though he would have bled out later. Or gotten straight up lead poisoning, but that takes a little longer.
Must have been a tough bastard, even if he was softskulled.

Of course, you're currently grounded for a few days. Stimpacks can do a lot, but you might end up with a limp if you're not careful. You've resigned yourself to watch duty while the mercs go and explore the town a little more. You also gave them an important shopping list. There was a single item on it, written with an unsteady hand. And a lot of exclamation points.
It shouldn't be hard to guess what it is, exactly.  You also sent Rotface to go direct a few ghouls a bit more dog-wards. He was willing, but made it quite clear that he doesn't exactly control the ferals. It's more that they don't attack him and probably don't mind it when he gives them a few pushes in the right direction. If he had a source of radiation he could lure them more reliably, but he's not about to go play around with nuclear reactors. He's not keen on finding out if he belongs to the golden 1% that doesn't go insane when turned into a glowing one. He leaves with the others that are about to buy steady (and scout the town). Now, however, you realize that you are going to need an alternative hiding spot. The cave isn't a secret, by any means, and if the town wants to launch a counter-attack, they don't have a lot of places to guess from. They'll visit this one pretty quick, but until you attack the town you should have a little time before they figure out that you didn't just skip town entirely. Most people don't come back to the people that nearly succeeded in killing them. It's a basic thing to remember about life:
That which doesn't kill you usually succeeds on the second attempt.

Tenderloin and Blitz are still with you, after the mercs all left for their respective duties. On a hunch, you ask if either of them know how to make traps. To your surprsie, Blitz is the one to speak up.
They made me make caltrops for a while, once! That stuff makes it really hard to get anywhere.
Really. How'd they make you do it?
Two pieces of metal and pliers. I mean, the metal parts were already sharp at the end, but it's easy other than that.
Nice. Anything else?
I can work with beartraps, but I sure as shit can't make them. And I don't know explosives.
They didn't let me work on that. My mom did, but she's... She's not here.
Welp, looks like we'll have to keep looking if we want that done. Fuck it. Hand me that new pipe rifle, would you? I'm going to keep watch.

Things will be quiet for a time. You could use this to teach soemthing to Blitz, or maybe just socialize with Tenderloin. Use that calm moment.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking slightly

Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 09, 2018, 10:23:12 pm »

Teach a bit about repairing things, how to clean a gun and don't kill herself, then offer her to teach types of armors and bullets, or something about how to be a better judge of intent, better speaker learn how to soften her voice or act intimidating even if she is smaller than the enemy, ask what she want to learn and if there is something that she want's to know or she thinks she will be good on it, or if she want to try stealth again

ask tenderloin what else she knows what to do besides chopping things and using beartraps
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 10, 2018, 06:02:52 am »

Teach a bit about repairing things, how to clean a gun and don't kill herself, then offer her to teach types of armors and bullets, or something about how to be a better judge of intent, better speaker learn how to soften her voice or act intimidating even if she is smaller than the enemy, ask what she want to learn and if there is something that she want's to know or she thinks she will be good on it, or if she want to try stealth again

ask tenderloin what else she knows what to do besides chopping things and using beartraps
+1

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 10, 2018, 08:56:04 am »

+1
1+

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 11, 2018, 04:34:03 am »

you elect to spend your time teaching Blitz how to do a couple of things, starting with disassembling weaponry. Using the extra 9MM pistol, you carefully show her how to unload it, and not to forget the bullet in the chamber. After a few hiccups, she managed to do so without pointing the gun at her face. You were quick to reprimand her on that. At least her finger wasn't on the trigger. Once the unloading was done, you use the dead merchant's shirt as something to work on as you show her how to field strip a gun. It's not exactly hard, once you know where to pull. It only takes her two tries to get the slide off, followed by the barrel and the spring. While you're at it, you decide to clean out a little sand using your shirt. Mostly to show her that, if her gun jams, this is how you fix that. Re-assembling it is easy once you know the steps, and she caught on to that little trick easy enough. Then you told her to start again, from the top, to prove she knows what to do. You get to deduct points for forgetting to check if the gun is empty, failing to properly click off the slide (first you pull it back, then forward.) and forgetting to put the spring back into place. Her second attempt was perfect, if slow. (Roll: 4+7Chr=11)
She was clearly frustrated by the time she managed it, so you decide against showing her how to field strip her rifle. you let her play around for a while, Mostly with the dog. They're playing fetch, or the occasional tug of war using a branch. It's impressive how tough that thing is, considering the wood is completely dry. In the meantime you turn to Tenderloin, who is sharpening her machetes while humming a tuneless song. It's not very good.

Say, Tenderloin. What are you good at, anyway?
Hurting people, mostly. Assuming it's up close and personal.
Anything else?
I had a romp as a cage fighter, for a time. Uh, not by choice, but I proved to be enough of a fan favorite to keep going. Eventually some fellas from the LSG came around and killed everyone who was there by his own free will.
Who's LSG?
Louisiana National Guard. Well, what's left of them, anyway. Best I can tell, they're just a bunch of guys playing lawman. They got wiped out a few years back when super mutants attacked their main base. The Nawlins one.
That's a shame. You say, a bit disingenuously. you never much cared for those bleeding heart collectives. It never works out, and who are they to decide who's right or wrong?
But, that still doesn't add much beyond "stabbing people".
It means I can bring in a show, when I want to. Not to mention, they had these tracks, with minecarts on them. A rope was getting pulled with an engine or something, i don't really know, but the point is it sent us hurtling down a parcour.
...For what purpose?
Well, the thunderpoons made this kind of a hectic game. I can throw with the best of them, and there's something about aiming really big things that I just "get". Like, bullets, fuck it. I don't use enough guns. But throwing or firing something big, with an arc and shit? I like to think I'm pretty good at it.
Well aren't you the little physicist.
What's a physicist?
Yeah, what is that? I'm not sure if I'm gonna thank you or kick your ass.
You groan and roll your eyes. After you explain what it basically boils down to, you ask if Tenderloin knows anything else.

That's about it.I was a caravan guard, but I wasn't very good at it, so I can't tell you much on that. Never dealt with animals, certainly can't fix people up... I'm a bit of a one-trick-pony.
What's a pony?
I dunno. Things that didn't know a lot of tricks, i guess?
Makes sense to me.
Right. Hey Blitz? Is there something you wanna learn?
...I kinda wanna train with my gun. But we don't have a lot of bullets, do we...
That WOULD come out of my supply... But hell, we can watch the road together. Let me give it some more thought.

Do your thinking.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking a little more.

Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 11, 2018, 07:38:28 am »

She could keep watch with us, but we probably shouldn't do any shooting as it might draw some unwanted attention.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 11, 2018, 12:59:53 pm »

She could keep watch with us, but we probably shouldn't do any shooting as it might draw some unwanted attention.
1+

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 11, 2018, 06:03:13 pm »

1+
+1
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42