Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45211 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #270 on: September 25, 2018, 09:43:31 pm »

Okay, cross the information on places and stuff, mark what they know on our map

maybe the mercs can go to the city and get info/ pretend to work for bartholomew and buy food/water

after that we should scout the lands
, look for landmarks and stuff that can help us survive, find some ghouls hidden and maybe use rotface to bring their attention towards their merchants and stuff (maybe ghoulificate some closer to death on purpose, to make they survive this shit and add someone else into the horde if bigger enough we can even point them to the town)

plus, discover what are the strengths/weakness of our new gang, it might be useful to delegate stuff
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 25, 2018, 11:50:54 pm »

maybe the mercs can go to the city and get info/ pretend to work for bartholomew and buy food/water

, look for landmarks and stuff that can help us survive, find some ghouls hidden and maybe use rotface to bring their attention towards their merchants and stuff (maybe ghoulificate some closer to death on purpose, to make they survive this shit and add someone else into the horde if bigger enough we can even point them to the town)

plus, discover what are the strengths/weakness of our new gang, it might be useful to delegate stuff
1+

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 26, 2018, 05:42:58 am »

1+
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2018, 04:07:02 pm »

Improving the map proves to be easy, although the most important part is probably that there are (apparently) a few packs of wild dogs between the two routes into the city. Of course, you also know about the quarry you stole the drugs at, but that's rather out of the way. The ghouls are generally to the left of the town, but there's no way to actually control those things. The dogs you might be able to lure, but not the ghouls. It's more an equal opportunity hazard (unless you're a stinking ghoul). So those are some options you or the rest of the people know about. There might be more, and maybe some things are even wrong. You didn't hear about any dogs, for starters. But anyways. It's clear where you need to put the squeeze, the eastern roads are nearly all the import the city gets. They export chems to the direction of the quarry, along with whatever they can spare. Either way, you've got something to plan on. Your mercs will be able to go into town and get some supplies, maybe even map the place out. Speaking of: one of the mercs managed to make a crude map using some markers and a particularly colour-receptive wall.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This should work. He used your pip-boy to make a guesstimate of the thing, at least, so it should match up well enough. Either way, you've got time to look at the team now.

Ellis
The Leader
Tough and calm under fire, Ellis is a natural leader that can keep his people in line through nothing but charisma and good business sense. Some think that he might be a bit too cautious, despite his seemingly fearless demeaner. Of course, he's smart enough to know that no everything can be solves with a silver tongue, so he's handy with a pistol, though he isn't really a powerhouse of sorts. He's the one that banded together this collection of misfits to form a mercenary band. Through a string of bad luck and the tough borders of Louisiana, the group is currently a bit down on both caps and bullets. Just how willing he is to do some morally questionably things is up in the air, but he has yet to raise concerns about your plans.

Shaky
The Right Hand Man.
While his stutter doesn't make him the most easy to talk to, Nubsy is without a doubt the strongest member of the mercenaries. His weapons of choice require it, after all, and it takes more than just guts to go into battle with nothing more than something to protect your knuckles. Still, he is the secondary reason Ellis keeps good control over his band of mercs. As childhood friends, he is incredibly loyal the mercenary leader, and he will not hesitate to quell anything resembling a coup or beetrayal.

Rotface
The Clown.
As a ghoul, Rotface didn't experience a lot of love in his life, in fact it'd be more accurate he is hated by most. His tendency to say glaringly obvious or dumb things is groan-inducingalthough on some level he does it intentionally, as a joke. After living many years as somebody hated, he developed the persona of the useful, funny idiot. It won him over with the other mercs, who aren't nearly as beligerant to him as they seem at first glance. "Shut up, Rotface" has become the gang's unofficial motto, and Rotface wouldn't want it any other way. This feeling of belonging also makes him exceptionally loyal, and he has a steady enough hand to use automatic weaponry. Using a cobbled together automatic pipe rifle, he could be the most dangerous person of all the mercs.

Nubsy
The Fool
It's hard to say what pushed a usually gentle soul like Nubsy to a life of mercenary work, but he seems to make it work. He's easily the most affable of the group, being able to connect with nearly everybody, especially children. This also causes him to be a very effective teacher, even if he, himself, is rather dim. He runs the live fire exercises that the gang (uncommonly) does, with great effect. He uses a bolt-action rifle, chambered for .22. While he isn't the most accurate shot he still hits more than he misses, if barely. He would be a capable diplomat, if it wasn't for the fact that he can't request things from other people. Asking for help is not in his nature, although he won't refuse the offer.

Whisper
The Unreadable
The most silent member of the group by far, she is a decent sneak and handy with a blade, though she prefers her SMG over actual close-quarters combat. Keeping herself wrapped up, and having a very soft voice makes her very hard to understand, which only adds to her seclusion. She's a loner, though she prefers to be alone in company. She's in this for nothing but the money, despite her need for companionship, and commonly spends time with the oldest profession whenever in town. Nobody really trusts her, and the feeling is mutual. She's good in a fight, however, and her wrappings function as decent armor.

Crackle
The Pyro.
A very large man with a lot of burn scars, he's about what you'd expect when people think of a pyromaniac. Despite that intimidating appearance, however, he's mostly rather personal. He's a close friend with Rotface, though he's a little more distant with most others. He's an expert at small talk, but won't go deeper than that with most. He's also an amateur chemist, and creates molotovs whenever he has the chance. He does not share these. His favored weapons are a crowbar wrapped in flammable bandages (whenever possible) and a makeshift flamethrower. The flamethrower works off of gas, causing it to only reach about two meters in front of him. The weapon is dangerous, and it has even exploded on him twice already. Fortunately, the man is tough enough to handle it. While he seems relatively normal in irdinary conversation, his eerie fascination with anything burning makes people uncomfortable. In battle, he doesn't say a word. Even Whisper will call out directions or needed extras, but Crackle seems lost in his own little world. Doesn't make him any less terrifying.

Bob
The Bob
People that have known him for years can't really describe him. There may be more than one Bob around here, we're not sure. He uses a 10mm pistol, and is kind of alright, probably. He is the most generic man in the world, possible.

That's about the information you've got for now. Plans?

Statistics and inventory.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking slightly

EXP 'till next Level-up: 145/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 03:35:11 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 29, 2018, 03:51:17 am »

I say we have the guys go and look around the town, to find out where the guards and entrances are, and other important things, while we wait in the cave until the come back.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 30, 2018, 04:00:36 pm »

Time contraints make the update impossible, so here's some cliff notes

Your mercs succeed in mapping out  the northern part of town, and noted all the guards stand on the rooftops with varying degrees of cover. Depending on the roof there's either a rickety bridge or a few sandbags, although they noted one shack on a house with a flat enough roof. As for important things, hardly any. The crack den you, Blitz and Tenderloin fought through was just about the only thing of note.

You, meanwhile, just barely survived being bored to death, though you continue a few lessons in writing for Blitz. Now that the mercs gave you some pens and crayons to work with, it's far easier. She does alright, but there's still a long way to go.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2018, 07:12:11 am »

Find out if anyone has any stealth skills, for the potential to stealth in there like a ninja and kill everyone.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2018, 07:35:52 am »

Find out if anyone has any stealth skills, for the potential to stealth in there like a ninja and kill everyone.
wait so you are saying that we should send a single dude to kill nearly every guard on those rooftops? That sounds difficult and absurdly dangerous

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2018, 07:57:56 am »

wait so you are saying that we should send a single dude to kill nearly every guard on those rooftops? That sounds difficult and absurdly dangerous
I never said to send only one guy, I just wanted to find out if we had enough guys to have that as a possibility.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2018, 08:13:42 am »

Ah ok but I think we only have one teammate that is any good at stealth

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 02, 2018, 06:13:49 am »

You can't POSSIBLY be serious. Ellis says, without the usual sort of energy that goes into his talking. This is the first time you've seen him look at something like it was walking garbage. You don't like the look, obviously.
I'm just asking if it was possible to start killing them like that.
Ellis places his fingers together over his eyes and sighs. After a few more moments, he rolls his eyes and starts explaining.
Theoretically, you could probably kill a few guards. Half a dozen, if you're VERY lucky. But after that, consider what follows. These guards are people, and people are social animals. People will notice they're gone, and then they'll up the patrols. They'll try to trick us, and they only need to get lucky once. And that, of course, is assuming you can even sneak up on them. They're on the rooftops with a bunch of planks, occasional cover. Those planks creak, they wobble, and I don't think the guy on the OTHER roof is going to assume the strange figure walking behind his friend is planning anything nice.
Alright, I get your point, hard to sneak up to them... So what if we hit their barracks and fuck them up all at once.
You need to consider a few things. First off, how are you going to take down a barracks filled to the brim with people that are keen on riddling you with bullets?
Doing it really fast?
You'd need explosives. And a lot of it. Not to mention, you could either have the effect of a radroach's fart or blow up the whole fucking town.
Overkill isn't on my list of concerns.
It should be if you're planning on getting paid. Look, we can do raids, hit and runs, that sort of thing. Just slowly wear down the guards, sometimes we kill one, if they made a mistake. If we combine that with stopping trade, they'll start starving. More desperation. You get this, right?
I get that. But it sounds like it would take a long fucking time.
Ten people against a town, man. Things are stacked against us from the start.
Right, right... How would we speed this along?
You could try to steal from the town instead of playing serial killer. They don't keep supplies on the rooftops, so there's far more places to get to. Of course, we'd need a map... Going in blind for thieving isn't the best. You need escape routes and some-such. If I understood Whisper right, anyway.

There is a positive-sounding grunt coming from Whisper, who apparently walked up to you both while you were talking. Ellis jumps a little, while you turn coolly and give her a stink-eye for the sneaking. She proceeds to abscond gracefully, before planting herself down on the cave wall and drawing dicks on the wall. You found that she has a fairly immature sense of humor, despite otherwise appearing as mature as she is graceful. That is to say, a lot. Of course, being as silent as she is, it's probably hard to tell how mature she is, exactly. Could be she's kind of a manchild, who knows. But her movements suggest maturity. Or maybe it's because she doesn't annoy you with talking that you-
Hey! Chief? Wake up.
You are broken out of your thinking by Tenderloin snapping her fingers in front of you. you give her a stare-down for it, but she doesn't care.
One of the mercs spotted a caravan heading to town. We can probably intercept it. I think he said there was only one guard or so? Or more, who knows.
Great. What's the cargo?
Uhhh...
Alright, I'll ask myself. YO! NUBSY! WHAT ARE THEY CARRYING! you shout, heading towards the lookout. He's still looking through the scope as you approach.
Can't really tell, to be honest. His brahmin looks pretty loaded, and the guy himself has a pretty big backpack. Could be anything.

There's an opportunity... Do you take it?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP 'till next Level-up: 145/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP)
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 02, 2018, 07:10:02 am »

Take the opportunity, go up to the guy with the brahmin and act casual, then when he lets his guard down shoot him and any others that are with him.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 02, 2018, 08:51:50 am »

Take the oportunity, leave no one alive, get dibs on steady

hmm, we are not in a fortified position so the ghouls are more of a hassle to us than anything

we could later use ROTFACE to lure the ghouls to the intersection between the other two major roads, that middle road will increase in danger since there will be the chance that the gunshots will attract both ghouls and dogs, and we will have a better understanding on WHERE they are in a eventual horde to the city

with that we can look for other caves and stuff on the ghoul-land, we need to find other hiding spots

where we are is know by bartholomew, they WILL knock on our door
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 02, 2018, 11:55:19 am »

Take the oportunity, leave no one alive, get dibs on steady

hmm, we are not in a fortified position so the ghouls are more of a hassle to us than anything

we could later use ROTFACE to lure the ghouls to the intersection between the other two major roads, that middle road will increase in danger since there will be the chance that the gunshots will attract both ghouls and dogs, and we will have a better understanding on WHERE they are in a eventual horde to the city

with that we can look for other caves and stuff on the ghoul-land, we need to find other hiding spots

where we are is know by bartholomew, they WILL knock on our door
1+

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2018, 04:23:01 pm »

Alright, we're raiding those poor bastards. Come on, I'll take point.
Shit, alright.
Language, there are children present. Speaking of, keep an eye on her as she ventilates some skulls, would you?
Your band of merry mercs leave the cave, though somebody stays behind just in case. Rotface isn't much of a useful member, anyhow. He stinks, anyway, might just alert the trader. Ugly rotting son-of-a-bitch...
Your plan is simple, though it seems to rely on a bit of trust towards strangers from your future corpse collection. But hey, traders love caps and you've got enough to entice. Your band sits at a nearby dune, out of sight, as you walk towards them on the road, seemingly leaving the town to 'coincidentally' bump into a trader. Good enough for an approach. It'll be another time that you'll be able to quickdraw on somebody. People like to think that they'll be faster, but most of the time the first guy that reaches his gun wins. That's more than literal, too, you can hold a gun and still not we aware enough to actually aim and pull the trigger. Of course, if they are fast enough you're in trouble.
No point in thinking negatively.

You do your best to walk up to the traders like you aren't planning anything, which seems to work on the guy in front of the brahmin that isn't currently holding a gun. That's not to say he isn't armed, he's got a mean-looking 10MM submachine gun in a holster by his side. The man is lean, which is rather at odds with the massive backpack he's carrying. He's either stronger than he looks, or he filled up that backpack with balloons. The guard, however, is about what you'd expect from a caravan guard. He's eyeing you with suspicion as you approach, despite the trader opening his arms in an inviting manner.
Welcome, friend! Leaving Lagniappe for greener pastures, are we? It's a long journey, so why don't you just get a little stock to make that long journey easier. I've got whiskey, water, nuka-cola, even some sunset sarsaparilla. Plenty of other types of food, too!
Really now... So you're selling mostly food n' junk?
Oh, I've got some weaponry and ammo as well. Nothing special, mind you. Mostly just what people sold me to pay for some of delicious wares. So, I see your caps, how about we make a deal?
As you reach towards that enticing sack of caps, you start edging towards your shotgun. Unfortunately, the guard is quick to speak
Hold up! He yells, as he aims his double-barreled shotgun towards you. An over-under design, colloquially known as the caravan shotgun. Seems like this guy's a stickler for the classics. And for safety.
Take your caps, slowly, and THEN you can get to trading, you hear me?
Don't point that at me.
Please, don't mind Festus, sir. He's a tad careful, but he's never shot somebody who doesn't deserve it. He'll keep us safe as we deal, no worries.
Yeah, sure...
Boss, I don't like this. He's acting weird. We should turn back, take the other road.
The trader drops his jovial trader attitude, and frowns a bit more. After a short bit, he says: If this man was going to attack us...
He'd wait for our guard to drop. I'm telling you, we need to move.
H-hey! I don't like your tone, asshole!
Too fucking bad! Either step forward without your gun, or fuck off.
Festus! Please, sir, just come a bit closer. I guarantee you that no harm will come to you.
'Festus' rolls his eyes, and aims his shotgun away from you. You think of this as your chance, but then he walks up close to you.
Go on. Get to trading.
Enough of this shit. You draw your shotgun and-
You get the butt of a shotgun in your face, knocking you to the ground before you can fire a shot. Almost instantly, hell breaks loose right above you as the guard gets hit in the chest. He just stumbles back, swearing and cursing. He's wearing some tough armor. The trader, quick on the draw, dives off the road and behind a small dune of ash, while his guard does the same. Fortunately, your band of mercs is smart enough not to waste bullets like the group you fought at the cave. They don't have a clear shot. In the meantime, you manage to collect enough consciousness, shake off at least some of the tinnitus and perform a leap towards a small smattering of wooden planks and some ash in the hopes of not getting shot. If it wasn't for the supressing fire from your party, you'd probably have bitten the bullet right there. Despite that, however, you feel your arm lurch forward as a single pellet strikes against your small smattering of metal. The piece breaks off almost instantly, but you remain safe other than a small future welt. Well, them's the breaks.

So, alright, this time you miscalculated on the quickdrawing strategy. In fact, if you didn’t have a large collection of people that are willing to kill somebody for your sake, you’d likely be dead. Your band of mercs is slowly approaching, using bounding overwatch to get closer. It’s fortunate there are so many dunes around, though they still expose themselves to a serious amount of risk. The caravan brahmin, meanwhile, has decided that it has pressing matters elsewhere and is leaving in the direction it came from. No matter, you’ll get it later. Just then, you see that the trader is about to let loose his automatic, and a quick glance confirms that he’s likely to hit somebody if you don’t act. You blast your sawed-off, the small shape making it easy to use in a prone position. You hear a curse and a yelp, followed by two blasts of a shotgun in your direction. The splintering wood shows that it’s a good thing you didn’t stand up for that one. But now the poor sap is reloading. Risking a chance, you jump up and sprint forward, with both of your combatants disarmed. You make a daring leap, firing downwards with your shotgun and hitting the trader square in the back. He screams in pain, but soon quiets down.

You son of a bitch! DIE! the guard screams in a fury, raising his shotgun to blast you open. Your guess didn’t work out, and only a dangerous second leap saves you from most of the bullets. You take some buckshot to your leg, causing you to sprawl on the ashes and slide for a few moments, streaking blood against the pale ground. The guard reloads in a flash, and moves to finish you off…

*POW*

His head explodes. Only partially, mind you. His left eye has been replaced by a massive, bloody hole, leaking blood and brain matter equally. He falls forward, launching the remains of his grey matter into the ashes. Breathing hard, you look at who could have made that shot.
Damn! That was fucking close! Are you alright? Ellis calls out, rushing towards you. You make a sarcastic remark as you cradle your leg. It’s definitely crippled, god-damn it. Hell, you’d be crippled for life if you weren’t wearing those kneepads. But you’re still bleeding a lot.
Shit. Alright. I don’t think it hit the artery, or you’d probably be way worse off, but you need to get some medical help, man… I’ll get Shaky to help you back to the cave while we go get that brahmin, might be some medical supplies with it.
Alright, fffffuck. F-fine. Yeah. Go fucking do that. T-thanks.
Don’t mention it, I like to keep my employers alive. Now, keep pressure off that leg. I’ll send nubsy along, too, he knows his way around injuries.
I’m on it captain! I’ll fix ‘im right up! Nubsy says, perhaps a little too enthousiastically. He and Shaky support you as you limp back to the cave. Tenderloin gives you a nod as you go, complimenting you on your sheer balls. Looking at where some of the pellets landed, you count yourself lucky as having kept them. Just a few inches more…

Alright, so, that could have gone better. But Nubsy quickly gets to work on your wound, taking off your pants to take a closer look.
Well, boss, looks like you’re in luck. It’s mostly flesh wounds from the look of things. Uh, couple of these wounds look like they mighta struck bone, but, I can pull those out… after we get some stims, and preferably a little Med-X. Ah, wait, we’ve got some of that. Of course, if you don’t want to, I can pull out them pellets like this, but shit… it’s gonna hurt. Pain like that affects you for a while, man, saps at that endurance. Oh, and we’re going to need a lot of rest before you stop walking funny. Or a doctor’s bag, that’d work too. Medical bracer and some minute amounts of pre-hydra goes a long way.
Alright, so, it could have gone better, and you’ll only know about the loot when they get back with the brahmin. How are you going to deal with your injuries, and how are you going to deal with the live brahmin and the corpses of the caravan?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP 'till next Level-up: 165/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP)
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42