Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45107 times)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2018, 04:37:30 am »

Wait a minute can’t the kid hold the torch while we hold the shotgun?.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2018, 04:50:28 am »

The shotgun is a sawed-off meaning we only need one hand to shoot it so we can hold it in one hand and the torch in the other.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2018, 04:59:28 am »

True but a second hand on the shotgun might improve our aim.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:14:35 am by Basil ii »

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2018, 06:18:48 pm »

You and the kid take a large amount of branches with you, though the kid is holding on to quite a bit more than you. More hands free, after all. You're taking over with your shotgun to clear out the next few geckos. The spread should allow you to fire it one-handed, regardless of your increasing shakes. With the torch in hand, you descend the ladder. The torch works perfectly in the horribly dark cave, not only giving you an area where the light is perfect, but the fire gives off enough reflections against the rocks to allow for a more general idea of what's happening. The main advantage soon gives dividend, as you spot the glint in the massive eyes of the next gecko stupid enough to rush at the fancy lights. You wait for him to come into view before you blast the thing away. The corpse flies back, and sldes across the stone, the instantly mangled body leaving a smear of blood as it flops around, the cylindrical form of their body leading to some hilarity.
Hah! Kid? Another branch, hand's getting toasty.
You switch up to the next branch, and leave the spent torch on the ground. Push comes to shove, you've got yourself a little path to follow in the dark. But for now you're fine. Another gecko runs at your from the darkness, but soon finds itself suffering a similar fate, sailing through the air as majestically and beautifully as a brick in a sock. Pointblank shots may not be the most tactically sound option, but damn if they aren't fun. The kid is laughing at the sheer audacity of it all, raising the torch (you need both hands to reload) to take a closer look at the gore. Well, at least she isn't that squeamish about gecko gore. You remind yourself to get the meat when you get out of here, though you'll have to drag some of these corpses into the light if you had to guess. Still, the cave can't be that much bigger.

When you turn a corner, you smell something that's a bit out of place. It smells distinctly of some kind of sweet gas. As in, the taste. Sugary. Not the type you like to huff. If you had to guess, you just stumbled upon a smuggler's den with loot still inside. When you enter an odd hole in the rock, the only way forward, the smell turns quite powerful. What is more interesting is the large amount of sleeping geckos lying around. None of them are noticing the torch, and sound carries far into this cave. They must be some damned heavy sleepers, which is impressive for creatures that don't have eyelids. Taking a closer look, however, you note that it'd be more accurate to say they're in a coma. Hm. You also find a Med-X syringe jabbed inside some of these. Curiouser and curiouser. This has to be recent, right? At any rate, you take advantage of your foes "distracted" state by just stabbing them in the throat with your shiv. You tell the kid to do the same as you try your best to take down the randomly strewn about geckos, all high on drugs.
Well, you work it all out. You switch your next torch out again as you work, too, and you're glad for making it all easier. Finally, you reach the end of this little cubby hole and find the reasonn for the whacked out geckos. Right there in the middle of what appears to be a collection of pillows and blankets, you find a completely whacked out woman, huffing something. A large tank is next to her, and a breathing mask attached to a tube is currently in use. She's moaning, though, so she's not comatose. You kick her to get her attention.
Who the fuck are you?
W-wha? Who's... Fuck... She takes another deep huff from her gas can, then removes her face mask again before, before looking at you.
Yes, you fumehuffing shithead, YOU! Who are you?
...I'm, uh... Fuck. Uh... uuuuhhhhh. Lemme... Lemme just She's about to put the mask to her face again, but you kick the tank away from her.
H-hey! That's... That's premium guzzeline, you know? Fuck... Hey, you want some Med-X? I got some over there... Don't think the gecks ate all of it yet.
She looks like a damned wreck, that's for sure. She was probably never a pretty woman, with a large, broken and badly healed nose, sunken eyes and scraggly hair (shameful!), but her clearly apparent gasoline-huffing has left her looking allround unhealthy. Rail-thin and half-asleep. She does have two interesting looking machetes on her back, though, and she looks to be wearing some solid leathers and some tools along her arms to block things with.
Hell.

What do we do with this lady?

Statistics and inventory

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Addiction status: You've got an official case of the shakes. Aim is reduced by 5.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 170/250 (Created item 5XP) (Raider 15 XP) (Gecko: 10XP) (Spectacular finish!: 5XP) (Radroach: 5XP) (Finished combat: 5XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (assisted kills grant half XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2018, 08:26:41 pm »

Leave her alone, but tell her it's probably best not to be constantly high in a cave. We may be an addict, but at least we're a functioning addict. If she's too high to realize she's in a cave filled with bloodthirsty geckos, she's either some kind of druid or insane. Probably both. Still, do take her up on the offer of taking some Med-X. Addictive or not, it'll be useful sometime later. Ask her if it's fine to kill some geckos for food, and stab the sleeping ones if she replies positively.

My bets are on druid.

Avanti!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2018, 11:21:01 pm »

maybe she trained the geckos to rob stuff?

"Thanks pretty, I prefer yet some steady, do ya have some? And what is the deal with this fucking geckos?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2018, 07:14:43 am »

Leave her alone, but tell her it's probably best not to be constantly high in a cave. We may be an addict, but at least we're a functioning addict. If she's too high to realize she's in a cave filled with bloodthirsty geckos, she's either some kind of druid or insane. Probably both. Still, do take her up on the offer of taking some Med-X. Addictive or not, it'll be useful sometime later. Ask her if it's fine to kill some geckos for food, and stab the sleeping ones if she replies positively.

My bets are on druid.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2018, 07:46:58 am »

My bets are on druid.
1+ why not

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2018, 04:26:48 pm »

...I'll just leave you be. But you DO know you're in a gecko cave, right?
Yeah... But the gecks don't like the guzz, the pussies... She takes another huff of her canister and exhales, moaning as the next hit takes her just a tad deeper.
T-the ones that risked it get some med-x... I thought, it makes me chill, why not them? Fuckers are probably asleep. Or gettin' thumpy-pops. That's how I lost Johnny, ya know? Too much Med-X. Dumbshit...
So, you're alright with me killing these things, right?
Seems like a lotta effort, but go for it. You sure you don't want some Med-X?
Eh, I'll take some.
Wordlessly, and with a smile, she hands you three syringes of Med-X. Then, she huffs again and actually sits up. You, meanwhile, get to work on some of the last geckos. There aren't a lot of them left, and your shiv is solid enough to work its way through the pack. Blitz, meanwhile, does her best with her own shank, though at one point it's not quite sharp enough to pierce a gecko's hide. She needs a little more time, that's clear. Still, she was quick on the draw and just messily blew out the creature's brain. Good show, you have to say. You were afraid she's pussy out at the thought of killing, but geckos are no trouble. If you can kill them while they're defenceless, you've no qualms regardless.
You'll have her kill the next human target, you decide. Maybe some other slaver, to make it all poetic. You chuckle to yourself at the thought, you always had a liking for that kind of thing.

When you're finished, you have one look around the cave. Fortunately, the junkie had some proper torches lying around (albeit unused) and in exchange for not having to spend Med-X on geckos she agreed to let you use them. They're little more than rags around a stick, but it's better than a simple bare stick, that's for sure. You were damned tired of cinders ending up in your neck. It didn't hurt or anything, but it stung a little. With all the geckos out of the way, you start thinking on how you're going to cut them up for food. Just as you're about to stab a gecko until candy pops out, the kid suddenly yells: BEHIND YOU!
Twisting around, the junkie suddenly appeared behind you, machete drawn. It looks like its made out of an old lawnmower blade, though the handle looks a bit higher quality. Hardly relevant right now though.
Before she can say anything, you've shoved your shotgun in her belly.
Try me, shithead.
She looks at the shotgun with little interest, clearly too whacked out to react.
Dude, if you were gonna get grub you shoulda told me. I got Cutter and Chopper here for a reason. She coughs a few times, the gas catching up to her again. You really do wonder what they put into cars that it made people whacked out like this. You remember reading that oil and most types of gasoline were basically gone, so there were successful alternatives. With fusion present, they solved the power problem, and they were on their way of creating a post-scarcity world.
Of course, that has to be brahmin-shit. Why would they keep fighting if the resources weren't being a problem? Those newspapers lied about a lot of things.

At any rate, the junkie kneels beside you with her machete.
Now, you cuttin' or am I cuttin'?
I wouldn't trust you to defeat a sandwich with how whacked you are.
She chuckles a few times, breathing in oddly inbetween. You're funny... Alright, guide me.
She takes your hand and places it on her machete hand. You'd be flustered, but you seriously don't care about this sort of thing (Cold as Ice). You help her cut into the gecko's flesh, and find out that she's got quite some muscle in her, despite her wiry frame. She cuts through the gecko like butter, and in no time at all you've got a decently cut steak! This works out quite nicely, actually. She's a surprisingly steady hand, and considering the state of your own...
Yo, you're shaking like... uh... A shakey thing. Take some Med-X, it'll take the edge off. Easy.
More of a Steady type of guy.
Steady? Shiiit, you got expensive tastes. Never touched the stuff, seemed too expensive for what sounds like Med-X without the high. Uh, still, Med-X will fix ya shakes, easy.
I'll think about it. Right, that's all of it, I figure.
Uh, did you kill Goldie?
Who?
There's this one golden gecko, i think it goes hunting for the rest. Nasty motherfucker, but he fucked off when I threw my previous can of guzz after him.
Uh... DIAZ!? Blitz screams, from behind you. There's clear alarm in her voice. You and the junkie quickly turn around to see a golden gecko menacing the kid! The size and teeth of that thing are far larger than what you're used to seeing from geckos, this thing is bad fucking news!
Just as the gecko lunges at Blitz, however, she's already gone. She rolled to the side and broke into a sprint as the geko bit the dust she left behind. Then, you see something you didn't expect. The junkie rushes forward, faster than you'd expect, and crashed into the golden gecko like an angry sack of potatoes holding two big machetes. She's too out of it to fight effectively, but she's holding the gecko down. You rush over there as the gecko retaliates and bites deep into the junkie's shoulder, causing her to scream in pain. Considering how high she is, that thing must have some serious bite strength! But, you've got a solution to this sort of thing.
You place the shotgun against the creature's throat, and pull both triggers.

The large neck of the creature is rather tough. Golden geckos are a very dangerous type of critter, after all, biting through legs like an old pipe stem. Of course, anything short of a damned deathclaw isn't going to last against a double-barrel pointblack buckshot blast. The creature's head goes flying, leaving a comical spray of blood. With that out of the way, you're in the clear.
Apart from a wounded junkie. She's groaning in pain from the bite, and you can tell it's deep. She could use a little help.

Well, you managed to collect enough meat for now... Will you help the junkie?

Statistics and inventory

Addiction status: You've got an official case of the shakes. Aim is reduced by 5.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 220/250 (Created item 5XP) (Raider 15 XP) (Gecko: 10XP) (Golden Gecko: 20XP) (Spectacular finish!: 5XP) (Radroach: 5XP) (Finished combat: 5XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (assisted kills grant half XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2018, 04:41:58 pm »

stimpack her, in thruth, just hold her and teach the kid to stimpack her, steady hands won't help

she looks avid into defending the kid and getting her favor might mean another meatbag friend here, and we need to get some loyal numbers so we can make our own raider gang, or even something else

see what she plans on doing from now on, we might try to recruit her, make her at least carry for us more meat and gecko leather, and yes, do grab that golden gecko leather
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2018, 04:51:20 pm »

Let's help her. She cut up some Gecko for us and helped kill the golden one. Pick her up and use a small amount of water to wash away the dirt, but let's not try to administer anything unless the bleeding is too bad. Keep an eye out for any still living Geckos or even some Xander Root. If any Xander Root is found, make some healing powder with the Broc Flower and give it to the junkie. Suggest that the junkie follow us into town so that she might get a person better skilled in medicine. Regardless of how things turn out, pick a few flowers for possible future use.

Just wanted to tell you, this is probably the best story in an SG I've seen for a while.

Avanti!

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2018, 05:50:33 pm »

Just wanted to tell you, this is probably the best story in an SG I've seen for a while.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:19:47 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2018, 04:19:40 am »

Let's help her. She cut up some Gecko for us and helped kill the golden one. Pick her up and use a small amount of water to wash away the dirt, but let's not try to administer anything unless the bleeding is too bad. Keep an eye out for any still living Geckos or even some Xander Root. If any Xander Root is found, make some healing powder with the Broc Flower and give it to the junkie. Suggest that the junkie follow us into town so that she might get a person better skilled in medicine. Regardless of how things turn out, pick a few flowers for possible future use.

+1 But be sure to get the golden gecko hide.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2018, 04:37:45 am »

+1 But be sure to get the golden gecko hide.
1+

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2018, 09:26:51 am »

Shit, alright. Fuck. Hey? Can you talk?
Ffffuck! This hurts... Shit. She still sounds a little out of it, her voice sound forced, but the wound is bleeding pretty bad. And, of course, as with any bite from an animal, that wound is pretty damned dirty. Looking at your final water bottle, you sigh as you untwist the cap and very carefully start washing the wound up a little. Fortunately, the bite didn't reach arteries (not too many, anyhow), so you don't think she'll bleed out right away. But, of course, you're not exactly a damned doctor! Regardless, you start carefully washing away the copious amount of filth around her wound. As you work, as careful as possible to prevent too much water from being wasted, you yell at the kid to go outside and grab some broc flower and xander root. The flowers she recognizes, and you tell her to look for something thick, kind of like onions or whatever. She seems to get the picture. As she's going up the ladder, you finish up on clearing the filth on her back, and lift her up a little. Unfortunately, you chose the wrong shoulder at first, causing her to scream in pain (INT:4). You apologize, and help her up with her good shoulder. You might have just worsened the bleeding a little...
The front of her looks pretty bad. She was lying in the dirt, after all, and there's a bit more fat and muscle than bone present. Looks like bleeding out might actually be a problem. Fucking golden geckos, man! You carefully set to work washing the wound a bit, and you notice some green glowing gunk is inside her wound. I guess you know how that gecko specifically turned gold. Stupid god-damn animal! Well...
Got something to bite down on? This is gonna hurt.
She pulls out a solid-looking piece of wood with several teeth marks in it already from a pocket of hers. Well, isn't that useful. You'd just inject some Med-x in her, but honestly? As far as you know she could be close to overdosing already. You can't risk it.

Now, considering you've been cleaning her wounds, it's probably not exactly a good idea to go grabbing at something in the wound with your bare hands. But... You do have branches. You snap off a smaller branch from the thicker ones you were carrying around. With that and your shiv, you consider grabbing at it, like a pincer.
Then you look at your shaking hands. You can hardly keep the branch and shiv together from the shakes, and your nerves aren't helping. You aren't a fucking doctor, man, you're here to hurt people.
FUCK! You yell in frustration as you drop the branch.  God-damn it... I can't do it like this. Shit, alright, you're looking at rad-away in your future.
You continue washing the wound just a bit, and hope that the radiation from that gunk isn't too bad for her. You really wish you had a Geiger counter on you right now. Well, looks like she's visiting a doctor, good thing you're getting some money. Just as you're about to get up, you see the kid rushing in with a collection of weeds. Seems like she picked nearly anything she could grab, she's red in the fact from the effort, even sounding a little winded. She just dumps them all down the ladder before climbing down, which isn't ideal, but there's nothing that can outright break or splatter. Nothing bad. She's not the most agile if she won't even try it out, and considering she spent most of her life as something to be sold, it makes sense.
I got.. I got the flowers and the mander root!
Great, thanks. Alright...

Sadly, you still don't have a mortar and pestle, but you'll improvise. You take the junkie's machete and start cutting into a gecko to get a piece of skin. Considering you still plan on making a profit, you don't take the golden for that purpose, obviously. With a strap of skin, you place it on the flattest piece of cave wall you can find, and place a xander root and broc flower together. Fortunately, it's so easy a ghoul could do it. You use the handle of the machete to cut off the actual bulb from the bulbous xander root and remove the leaves from the broc flower. Both of those parts are either superfluous, getting in the way, or outright poisonous. The rest is just a case of plain old brute force. You use the handle of the machete to crush the stuff into mush, and after a while, into powder. Neither of the two pieces have much fluids inside, so it turns to a very coarse powder fairly soon. Usually, you'd keep going until it was a very fine powder, but as it stands you're better off "good enough"-ing it. You wrap it up in the gecko skin you were working on and crush it by hand a final time, pinching it as you turn it around. Then, with that done, you carefully rub it over the wound reducing the pain and sterilizing it a bit further. The junkie breathes a sigh of relief as you rub the gecko skin, covered in healing powder, across the wound, leaving behind a white line. She still needs a doctor to get that gunk out of her, but she won't die straight away.
Alright. That'll keep you for a bit. How about you come with us, back to town? You're gonna need a doctor.
...What's in it for you?
You pause for a moment. What IS in it for you? Damn it all, you're supposed to be smarter than this. But...
I don't fucking know. Now, are you getting up or not?
She lifts up her good hand, and you pull her up. She yells a little, but she gets up all the same.
Fuck... I'm feelin' woozy. C-could you...
Oh fuck it, you've come this far.
Yeah, sure. I'll give you a shoulder. Just... Lemme get that friggin' gecko skin, first. I'm getting a damned profit out of this SOMEHOW.
Using the junkie's machete, you slice the corpse of the gecko open along the front, all the way to the tail. Then, you start pulling the creature's skin off, ever so carefully, essentially letting the body itself fall out of there. The limbs were a little troublesome, but after some extra cuts you manage to get the skin free. It takes less than three minutes, and you've got a gecko skin! Good thing you know your way around the desert.(Survival:30)

Well, you've gotten all the steaks before hat golden came along to ruin the party, so it's time to move back. You've gotten nearly everything, here.
With the junkie on your shoulder, you start the trek back to town, slowed a little by her. Matter of fact, you're making some really bad time, and she's coming down from her high. Gas fumes don't exactly last long, and the crash is heavy, if short. She vomits a few times, throwing up what looks like a collection of Fancy Lad Snack Cakes and Salisbury Steak.  And, of course, she got so dizzy you just carry her on your back, the shoulder wasn't enough. She's in cold sweats, an impressive feat in the desert, and it doesn't take long before she starts shaking a little. You feel pretty bad yourself, the shakes growing a little worse. You really need that steady. And soon. Not to mention water. You ended up using far too much, and with the shakes...
The kid drinks the last of it on the way to town. There was hardly more than a mouthful. Damn it all.
The compassion bullshit is costing you.
And then, to make matters worse, there's something just ahead. You can't quite tell what it is,but...
Hello! Dearest travelers! You hear a sing-song voice yell in your ear. You jump back, dropping your newest companion on the ashes, and pull out your revolver in a panic.
Please. You can HEAR the smugness in the voice. It's female, highpitched, though there's a strange low tone through it. You can't see anything from where you're looking, but when you look to where you saw that thing in the distance, you see a face. Again, you jump back, but as you pull the trigger, you find your gun to be gone.
WHAT THE FUCK!?
The figure before you is spinning it around her finger, biting her lip as she looks at you with the smuggest expression you've seen in your life.
Now, now... No need for that! I'm just a humble saleswoman, here to grant you some deals!
She's dressed... absurdly. A massive, billowy, emerald green garment that has massive sleeves, to the point you can't see her other arm at all. The centre of it all has something resembling leather, but clearly made with form over function. There's gold-coloured engravings through it, and straps for a box she's carrying on her back. There are some strange markings on that box, but you recognize it as some form of Chinese. You also note that her pants are massive "sacks" of fur around her legs, though her thighs are still on display. Her shoes are sandals, of all things, with elevated platforms. She also wears a green leaf on her head.
A green leaf.
You look around you, the ashes a clear reminder of just how impossible a green leaf would be to have out here, especially of that kind. There's a hole in it, so it should have shrivelled up...
What?

You look like somebody in need of a good deal, and boy do I have a few good deals. For instance!
She puts her hands inside her sleeves, and then pops out again with a... box? Just a plain, cardboard box.
I'll give you this mystery box, filled with something more valuable than you can imagine, IF you hand me something of true value.
...Listen, even if I believed you, I don't have anything valuable on me. Just give me my fucking gun back.
I don't mean caps, you silly-billy! Something.
Truly.
Valuable.

Not selling the kid.
Tsk tsk tsk. You still don't get it, do you? You know what? I'll give it to you, free of charge, but after this I'm going to be a loooot more clear about what I want. And remember, this is a bit of a favor. But, ta-ta for now! I'll see you some other time!
What are you-
There is sudden explosion of ash and smoke, and when you can see again, she's gone.
Did... Did everyone else see that?
The two people with you look just as confused as you. You all look around to where she could have possibly gone, but with the injured girl on your back you just don't have the time. But...

There's a box on the ground in front of you. There's a question mark on it.

Statistics and inventory

Addiction status: You've got an official case of the shakes. Aim is reduced by 10.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 230/250 (Created item 5XP) (Raider 15 XP) (Gecko: 10XP) (Golden Gecko: 20XP) (Spectacular finish!: 5XP) (Radroach: 5XP) (Finished combat: 5XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (assisted kills grant half XP)

Yaaay, you crit on your encounter roll!
Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42