Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45066 times)

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2018, 01:34:27 pm »

Yell for Bulletpoint, Lupus, or any others that not be present to get over as support. Shoot the ghouls accosting Rita and Chef to let them get back into action, then prioritize the ghouls staring to notice you.

Get backup, and use our accuracy to free up some other combatants. Chances are we're not going to miss. Even if we do hit them on accident, we never liked Chef or Rita, and Pack Leader can probably tank the shot.

Avanti!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2018, 07:45:49 pm »

I'd start with Rita's. It looks tough, but distracted, and a .32 to the head is a .32 to the head... .
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2018, 05:18:35 am »

Yell for Bulletpoint, Lupus, or any others that not be present to get over as support. Shoot the ghouls accosting Rita and Chef to let them get back into action, then prioritize the ghouls staring to notice you.

Get backup, and use our accuracy to free up some other combatants. Chances are we're not going to miss. Even if we do hit them on accident, we never liked Chef or Rita, and Pack Leader can probably tank the shot.
I'd start with Rita's. It looks tough, but distracted, and a .32 to the head is a .32 to the head... .
+1 Also we have a .357 not a .32.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2018, 02:04:31 pm »

You step out of the tent for just a moment to yell for help, specifically calling out Lupus' name, and another shout for Bulletpoint. You don't wait to see if anybody heard you, but you decide you've got bigger problems. For one, another ghoul is rushing you down. You cock the hammer back with your other hand and quickfire into the gurgling creature's chest, causing it to stop running and fall on its back. Pack Leader is currently dealing with another ghoul, and the snap of his beartrap fist managed to attract some of the other ghouls. You are fortunate enough to have a clear shot at Rita's ghoul. You fire at the creature, striking it in the head and leaving nothing but a jaw. Rita, jumps up in time to swing her bat and knock off a ghoul from Chef. She didn't even hesitate. Then, you start firing into the big pile of man and zombie. The first shot is perfect, knocking off another ghoul, and your next shot hits its mark as well. Damn, you're good!
Pack Leader finishes off the second ghoul in the time it took you, and is currently suplexing the last ghoul on him. Of course, there are still five ghous beating the ever-loving shit out of Edge and Shank, and you don't think either of the two are still moving. One of the ghouls swings it's arm back, hitting Pack Leader on the chest as he tries to get up.
There's a horrible, gurgling scream from the ghouls as they start to attack the super mutant over the two corpses on the ground, and as strong as Pack Leader is, there's a limit. You fire again, hitting another ghoul that was menacing Pack Leader.
And then the world goes sideways.

A ghoul has tackled you from the side, apparently preferring your flesh over that of the green mutant, who is starting to lose ground as you fall. You block the ghoul's bite with your forearm, which was still preferable over your throat, and try to ignore the wild slapping of it's free arm against your chest. It's too weak to properly dig at you, fortunately, especially with your surprising constitution. Still, it friggin' hurts! Unable to cock the hammer of the revolver, you drop your gun as you try to dig for your emergency shank. Knocked on your back, however, you start to realize a problem. So, brute strength it is! Using your not inconsiderable strength, you kick your knee up, nocking the ghoul off-balance enough for you to reverse the situation. You force the thing under you, and grab at your shank. You miss the first time, and the ghoul smacks you across the jaw, this time hitting home. As you blink away stars, you find the rough metal and slam it into the ghoul's skull, causing it to twitch a final moment before dying. Yuo pick up your revolver, and see Pack leader getting overwhelmed with the ghouls, the sheer amount having forced him to the ground as his fist bites at the legs of his opponents. You fire another round but this time, against the odds, you miss. You strike Pack Leader in the chest with your shot, causing you to flinch as you notice the mistake. Not good!
Fortunately, Chef and Rita finish up their ghouls, at long last, and rush to Pack Leader's defence. With the three melee powerhouses working together, the final four ghouls are dispatched in quick succession.

Fuck! What the hell was that?
Don't fucking look at me, asshole! I don't know.
Pack Leader slowly gets up, clutching his bullet wound as he stares at you. Right, that's not good.
I don't know where these ghouls came from... Where the hell is Lupus? Or Bulletpoint for that matter?
Bulletpoint is away from the camp, with the kid. We eat seperately, you know that.
And why the fuck is that, huh? Don't like my fucking tenderloins? Chef starts yelling. Oh, great, he's insulted again.
You don't even know what a tenderloin is. You say back, hardly intimidated. For all his bluster, Chef was mostly bark over bite when it comes to his fellow raiders.
Fuck you, asshole! You wanna get stewed on? I can fucking get you stewed on.
No, you won't. Come on, we're looking for our wayward idiots. And find Doc, this wound is starting to itch.
He lumbers past you, though you step out of his way, just in case. Your jaw still stings from that wild hit from the ghoul, but you're better off than the three stooges. Shit, they look pretty damned done in.

Hands up! Don't move or my boys will tear you to shreds!
You hear a voice suddenly explode from behind the tent flap. It sounds like it's been enhanced by a speaker of some sort. What the fuck?

What now? You can try to sneak out from under the tent, or just go out the front to see what the damage is.

Combat Stats
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Perks

EXP 'till next Level-up: 5/250

Level Up!
You have 14 skill points (10+INT)! Add them to the skills of choice!
Skills

Choose a perk!
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2018, 02:13:38 pm »

Spoiler: Skill Upgrades (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Perk (click to show/hide)

Yeesh. Who's willing to bet it's the Enclave? Because I'm betting it's the Enclave.
Put your hands up. If whoever it is has loudspeaker tech like that, they're probably the bigger fish in this scenario, and Diaz isn't anywhere near suicidal enough to try something without knowing what he's up against.

Avanti!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2018, 05:28:46 pm »

Cold as Ice : because I need to get my anti-shipping on, and mind-control is the worst!
Sneak out: Need more data!
Sneak+5, Explosives+5, Speech +1, Survival +3
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2018, 04:23:11 am »

Stonewall
Repair +4, Melee weapons +5, Speech +5

Sneak under the tent and look at who's talking.
I doubt its the Enclave, a loudspeaker isn't that hard to set up, it might be another raider group or similar.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2018, 04:36:47 am »

What sort of people would, or could, either follow or control feral ghouls?
Read the First Post!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2018, 12:04:04 pm »

Ptw

when I come back home I will start suggesting,

I didn't even saw you starting this
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2018, 04:24:55 pm »

No consensus on Level-up. Leaving that up in the air for another update, but the next update either has a consensus or I'll roll a dice to decide who i'm following.

Deciding against following the rest, you elect to make use of the the fact that you're in a tent and crawl under the flap of brahmin-leather. You had to uproot a pole a little bit to fit, considering you're a bit stout, but nothing that makes the whole thing collapse. You are happy to note that there isn't a shotgun or horde of ghouls on the side you scamper out, but you DO see a little bit of the people that are currently aiming at the others. A ghoul, looks like. One of the zombies that still freakin' talks. They must have "herded" the feral ones to your camp, but how did they get so close with Lupus watching? The guy's dressed up fairly fancy, proper leather armor from the look of things. Painted black, with a particular skull on it. You can't make out the details from here.(PER check: 5) Nothing special that you can spot.
You look over the ashen plains, and you see Bulletpoint and the Kid in the distance, carefully looking at the whole thing. They notice you, and Bulletpoint makes a "come closer" gesture, but...
You need to check who this is, beyond a single ghoul. There's more, and you can tell by the voice that the guy with a loudspeaker isn't a ghoul. Ghouls all have raspy voices, this guy has a strangely smooth voice. He's talking about how hopeless the situation is, and that the others should give up.
You carefully sneak closer, using your fairly honed skills. You manage to get VERY close, another inch and they'd spot you, but the ash you crawled through is serving as a bit of camo. You take care to throw a little more on you as you watch. Sneak check: 116/50

So, there are a few ghouls, yes, but the guy on the loudspeaker is certainly no ghoul. A large man, standing on top of some sort of podium with a megaphone in his hand, despite his conversational partners standing in front of him. He's clad in some pre-war looking armored clothing, looking thick and in excellent condition. There's plating on the front, also very high-tech. White colouring, probably some serious plated kevlar. He's also got knee protection, painted as white as the rest, contrasting with his otherwise grey suit. This guy is some seriously bad news, and that's not getting into the rest of these guys. They all have uniforms along the lines of skulls and white against grey. Most wearing leather, of course, only their leader wears the high quality combat armor. There's about five ghouls, and they're with a dozen or less. You see Pack Leader is just holding his hands up, and telling Chef and Rita to stand down. Considering the weaponry of these skull-guys, you get it. The two on the outside of their arrow-head formation are holding hunting rifles. Simple, but effective. But things get progressively worse as you look further inwards. Then come the assault rifles (Chinese make, if you remember the "communist warnings ad" right.) Two guys holding riot shotguns in the middle, fully automatic deathcannons for all intents and purposes, and the final guy is holding...
Dear god, a mounted gun? What is that platform he's standing on, anyhow. How did he get it into the camp, and why's it making such...
Wait.
Is that a WORKING TRUCK?

Look, you've been living in the wasteland all your life, and you've never, EVER heard of a running car apart from legends. Some people in New Reno claiming that their garage once held the only driving car in the world until it was stolen by Mr. Bishop's father, whoever that person was. That's all you ever heard, and you don't hear a lot of stories from NCR territory, so you know it had to be a damn noteworthy story. Guessing from some adds and what other people were telling, it was probably a Chrysalis Highwayman, specifically made to drive forever, using energy ammo instead of the fusion engines. Fusion engines do not handle being left alone well, and they seriously don't appreciate getting nuked beforehand, either. Those things go up like a damned mini-nuke when you damage them. So, seeing a working truck...
It's roaring like a damned beast, and it's all you needed to hear. There is no fucking way in hell you're even going to TOUCH these guys. The loudspeaker also stopped speaking to the other raiders. The truck is opening up, and you see Doc (!!?) standing there, proud and sneering as he guides the surviving raiders inside. With the silence coming back after the loudspeaker guy shut up, you can even hear Pack Leader shouting at him, promising he'll make him suffer.
You hope Pack Leader will, somehow, deliver on that. Damned traiterous bastard! No wonder they got so close... Was Lupus in on it? Although, doc is holding his lever-action.
Looking around a little more, you spot a corpse in the middle of camp. That sports equipment could only be Lupus. Shot in the back of the head, execution-style if you had to guess.

Well, that's all there is... They're loading people up, as prisoners, but the Kid and Bulletpoint are out in the open. When they drive out of here, there's a good chance they'll be spotted, and then you'd be all alone.
Not a good thing.
What the hell are you going to do now? You could stay here and hide in the camp, or you could try to reach them... Or something else. Who knows, maybe something might just work out?

Combat Stats

Inventory

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Perks

EXP 'till next Level-up: 5/250

Level Up!
You have 14 skill points (10+INT)! Add them to the skills of choice!
Skills

Choose a perk!
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2018, 06:29:09 pm »

Okay then. This is worrying.
+5 Sneak, +5 Guns, +2 Speech, +2 Repair
Stonewall
Sneak, since we need to get past these guys, guns on the chance that they spot us and we have to escape some time later, speech on the off chance that we can convince Doc to let us go for not being a total waste of a human being, and repair because it's useful. Stonewall just seems useful.
Sneak through the tents to attempt to get back to Bulletpoint and Blitz. If they see us, mime shushing. Hide behind a tent with Bulletpoint once we get there to talk.

Avanti!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2018, 08:13:40 pm »

We could try miming them to cover themselves in dust, next to the gecko corpse to look like generic corpse-pile to anyone not familiar with the group. It is unlikely that e can sneak across the camp like this in the time it takes them to pack up and leave, and if they want to strip the place, then, well, they're gear is good enough not to want any of our stuff and we would be hard pressed to cross the camp amidst a good pillaging...

Cold as ice: again, motive-sense is amazing, and seduction-resistance could save us from a massive boatload of trouble. Knockdown resistance is nice, but only against brutes, martial artists, and bombs, and only if we see them coming. If it comes to that then we probably failed a sense motive check somewhere along the line or were seduced into recovering a trinket from a super-mutant with a grenade-launcher...
Read the First Post!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2018, 08:31:37 pm »

I really, really, do not want to disregard that 7 charisma.

Avanti!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2018, 03:27:43 am »

I really, really, do not want to disregard that 7 charisma.
It isn't a waste. -15 skill is one level's worth, which hurts, but is not a disaster. The loss of romance options isn't a big deal either. We are inevitably going to wander and leaving a trail of burned bridges isn't going to do us any favours, and obsessive companions would be even worse. Grab the motive-sensing while its hot for a huge boost in our social options, chew through the skill loss with hard work, and focus on more stable and versatile relationships...
Read the First Post!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2018, 09:55:40 am »

Well, I see your point there.
+5 Sneak, +5 Guns, +2 Speech, +2 Repair
Cold As Ice

Try to sneak over to Bulletpoint and the Kid. When Bulletpoint sees us, mime acting like a corpse covered in ash. Point toward him and us so that he understands he is to play dead, covered in ash with the Kid.

Avanti!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42