Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45023 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #585 on: June 12, 2019, 12:02:09 am »

To shoot back he will have to get out of his cover, even if he only put the hands, his gun might be damaged by us

check what the v.a.t say about him
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 15, 2019, 04:35:46 pm »

The rifle you looted has only two bullets left, but it should be enough if you make your shot count. You activate V.A.T.S and try to get a look at how high your chance is to hit. It's hard to use both the scope and your pip-boy, but you get your percentage. It's disappointingly low to even get a glancing shot on this guy. He's dug in like a tick, and the short bursts he fires don't leave him exposed for long enough to properly use V.A.T.S. Though it's clear he's looking for a way out at this rate. He's nervous and mumbling to himself, audible only because of his voice changer. Vague pops and cracks as the technology catches every bit of it. As you take aim at him, trying to catch anything that actually sticks out, Blitz takes another potshot with your doublebarrel. She doesn't hit anything, and quickly cracks open the shotgun to reload. The second the break-action pops open with that recognizable 'clack', the ghoul rushes out of cover. Swearing, you attempt to hit the ghoul, but you just couldn't compensate for the sudden movement. You fire off a shot, and the glancing blow only barely scuffs his armor. Then he body slams Blitz, and hold your little buddy up by the throat! his arm is around her, and he's pointing the laser rifle at her head! Your heart just about stops.
"DIAZ!"
"YOU SON OF A BITCH! LET HER GO!" You bellow, only barely stopping yourself from just about jumping off the roof to get at him.
"I know when I'm beat! Let me walk away, and I leave the kid! Don't, and I shoot her right now! I don't want to do that, but I swear to God I will!"
"You fucking cunt!"
Seething, you look at your enemy. He's taking cover behind Blitz, who is struggling with all her might. Admirable effort, but it makes it far too dangerous to even attempt shooting! Unless...
The ghoul's legs are still exposed, but that's not going to be a killshot. If you try that, he's going to kill Blitz!
"Just let it happen, Diaz! It's not worth Blitz!"
"I'll kill you! I'll kill you, I'll kill you! Lemme go!" Blitz is still yelling and struggling, and it says something about the ghoul's strength that he's not even struggling. What kind of mercenary is this?
"Sure you will, now come on!"
"Drop her at the end of the street! If you don't, I'll fucking kill you piece by bloody piece!"
"Fine!"

He begins walking back, holding Blitz in front so you can shoot him. You can't do anything but stand there, seething, as he keeps on walking. Gunshots continue on in the distance, your distraction team still fighting, but you keep our bead on the mercenary. Can't risk it. Then...
"SURPRISE, FUCKNUTS!" Tenderloin screams, as she drops down from the rooftops on top of the mercenary. Both feet on the enemy's shoulders, the merc buckles under the weight of your companion and nearly falls to the side. Blitz finally wrenches herself free, and sprints back towards your shotgun while Tenderloin engages the mercenary. She starts off the fight by slamming a machete down into the shoulderplate of the mercenary, finally reaching the flesh of the armored merc. You keep your aim on the two of them, but they're too entangled for you to risk a shot. Still, it doesn't look like Tenderloin needs the help. With her offhand, she slaps away the laser rifle that the ghoul tried to shoot her with, sending two laser shots going astray in your direction. One of them got a little too close for your liking, but with the weapon useless the ghoul is reduced to using a combat knife. Tenderloin dodges the first, somewhat clumsy swing, and punishes with a solid hew to the arm. The machete bites deep into the arm, crippling it and causing the merc to drop the knife. Another feeble attack follows as she tries to punch Tenderloin away, and while she does hit the blow, it doesn't even phase Tenderloin beyond her face moving a tad to the right.
Then she stabs the mercenary in the gut. The ghoul stumbles back for a moment, machete still in the wound, before dropping to the ground. She breathes heavily for a few more moments, and then looks at her wound. Tenderloin laughs, and stomps her foot down on the ghoul's groin. You start making your way down to the alleyway. You want to kill that merc yourself.
When you arrive, you see that the ghoul is surprisingly calm, apart from clutching the wound it's not doing much. When he sees you, he even sighs.
"...Shit. Don't suppose I'd be able to convince you to let me go?"
"We're a tad beyond that, aren't we?"
"I could work for you. I help you kill Bartholomew, you let me go. "
"You must think I'm really stupid."
"I'm thinking you're smart. You need somebody with good gear and experience. I'm both. I'm partial to living, and if I don't protect these stocks that greedy fuck isn't going to pay me enough, anyway. I'll just take my cut in the looting."
"Provided I don't skin you alive. And I'm sorely tempted. "
In the distance, you hear the gunfire starting to slow down. You don't think your distraction team is going to hold out much longer.
"I can save them. Send me in, I'll send a couple of them away into your killzone. I'll shoot the rest of the guards."
"More accurately, you're going to just cut and run, no?"
"I'll give you my helmet. It's pretty much one-of-a-kind. That way you know I'll be back for it. "
"Hey, boss? Look what's in her pocket there. That'll make sure she won't pull anything weird."
"...Or that."

Lo and behold... The Merc had a slave collar. These convenient one-size-fits-all neck-ties have some high explosive in it, making sure that the wearer doesn't wander too far from the man with the detonator. And yes, the ghoul has a detonator as well.
"What do you mean 'She'?"
Tenderloin doesn't say anything, and just knocks the helmet from the ghoul. Well...
"Cat's out of the bag, I guess. Well? Am I dead, or are you smart enough to grab your advantage?" the ghoul says, her voice being the biggest hint that it's really female. With ghouls it's a bit hard to tell...
What'll it be?

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: It's over. The headache won't be far, now.
EXP: 870/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP) (guard: 10 XP) (Ghoul mercenary: 200 XP)

I'm adding quotes to all the dialogue now. Tell me what you think about it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 04:37:54 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 16, 2019, 08:33:44 am »

Lets put the slave collar on her and send her to aid the others, but make sure she doesn't have the key, and with the detonator we can blow her up whenever she stops being useful.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 16, 2019, 03:14:36 pm »

how visible? If it can be well hidden put it on her if not, let her do her plan without the exploding collar
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 17, 2019, 04:04:59 am »

Your plans contradict eachother. If there is no tiebreaker by tonight, I will roll a dice to decide which person's suggestion will happen.
Also: The collar is extremely visible, being both very large and having a red light on the side.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 04:06:42 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 17, 2019, 07:03:22 am »

I don't see how the collar being visible will matter, also there's nothing to stop her from turning on us without it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 17, 2019, 12:03:29 pm »

okay, make her use it
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 17, 2019, 06:05:10 pm »

So, you're smart enough to know not to try anything stupid, right?
With a collar, hardly possible.
A-are we really... It's a slave collar!
We're preventing somebody from betraying us, not selling her into slavery. Don't worry, Blitz.
I... I don't like it! This is bullshit!
Language, Blitz.
Fucking... I'll just get moving, then. Can I at least get my helmet back?
Eat a dick and get moving.
A little bit more grumbling, and your new ghoul "partner" moves off to help. In the meantime, you can get to the stocks. There might be a few more guards, but you should have taken down the worst of them with the ghoul out of the way. You get your party moving, a few of them going by the rooftops. Your timely intervention with the sniper also prevented the Blackfingers from dying, though they were incapacitated trying to stabilize the wounded one.

Getting to the stocks was easy enough. There was ultimately only a single guard left, which Tenderloin took down with a surprise attack from above. Her knees are going to hurt by the end of this, but hell, you've reached the stocks. Of course, it's locked.
Blitz? Hand me the shotgun.
Blitz hands it to you, a little rough and without proper trigger discipline. You'll have to remind her of that one... The good news is, it wasn't loaded, so you still have your insides. You quickly reload your shotgun (taking count of the lost shells) and blast the lock apart.
Hah! Nice one, boss.
I could have just picked it...
Whatever. Grab what you can and burn the rest. Watch for any remaining guards.
You all carefully enter the stockroom. One thing you notice is that the walls look like they've been reinforced with metal plates. Seems like they really didn't want people getting in... Still, your loot now. People begin looting at a pace you can't quite keep up with, but you grab your own bits and pieces. Most interesting piece you find, however, is a proper suit of leather armor! This will stop a few blows! Probably won't stop a bullet, but every little bit helps! You also find some general bits of ammo, not enough to set you up for long, but enough for you to take a little haul. Some .308 for this new sniper rifle is probably the most welcome part. Piggly is the one taking the food and whatever random scrap it seems to like. People aren't about to stop him from taking it all, especially after he actually snapped at somebody trying to get what he was also after. And the snapping doesn't refer to a growl or an insult, no, the super mutant actually tried to bite off a finger. So yeah, he takes what he wants, whatever. After people officially have their hands full, you look around for something to light on fire. Of course, you don't have anything to easily set this place ablaze, so maybe you could use something...
Oh-hoho! There's a moonshine still here!
Seriously? Well, that makes lighting this place up easier.
I dunno, boss... We could take this thing with us. So what if they have some bits and pieces left in this room? We get to have moonshine!

Sending a message might be more important than questionable stills. This is up to you. Will you burn the stockroom to the ground or will you leave behind stuff for the town so you can have your own still? The moonshine still will improve the mood of any raiders that like drinking.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP: 875/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP) (guard: 10 XP) (Ghoul mercenary: 200 XP)
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 18, 2019, 07:14:57 am »

I say we blow up the still, as our mission was to burn the stuff and the still exploding will help with that.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 20, 2019, 01:45:28 pm »

You say that there isn't Easily flammable right? but the things are flammable nonetheless

won't our scotch help to speed things up?

Break the stuff, step on it piss on something that absorb water kick it in a poorly made pile and pour the scotch on it, and then put it on fire, don't need to set EVERYTHING on flame, it might give enough of a message

grab the still, we might wanna form a gang

Edit: Better, grab the slave collar, put it inside the  pile of soon-to-be-junk walk away with the merc on gun point

when we walk away probably someone will enter to discover what is left, and maybe we will be distant enough to it detonate on it's face

if we can put it at the side of some pillar of sort, the building would fall
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:13:44 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 20, 2019, 05:49:08 pm »

Let's blow this bitch up. Anybody know how to best go about it?
The Blackfingers step forward, cackling and already pulling out their tools. Strangely, all they needed to make this still into a danger zone is a marble and a shot from their speargun. They removed the one with the rope, and stuffed what looked like a simple railway spike in the barrel. With an echoing explosion of noise, it's slammed in there, locking off the alcohol and making the pressure rise. In just a few minutes, the alcohol will permeate the room and make it highly volatile. That just leaves you with having to make a spark. You get everybody out of the building as soon as possible, though, just in case. Considering you don't need an explosion, and just some fire, you leave behind a burning stack of papers with some wood. The bonfire should last long enough for the still to explode, and by then you shoud be long gone. Only...
The distraction team has some fairly powerful back-up, sure, but that doesn't mean they're going to be fine. You consider leaving them behind, but the rest of the team is pretty quick in disagreeing. Piggly being the main stickler for making sure Nail is fine, and people have a tendency to do what the massive purple mutant says. And, to be fair, the more guards you kill the weaker the town gets. If needed, you'll just pull out when things get freaky. You elect to use the rooftop walkways, so you have a height advantage (or at least don't suffer a disadvantage).
The trip is short, and it doesn't take long for things to get eventful. Finding your newest "recruit" wasn't hard, as the lasers stick out rather harshly against the night's sky. The guards are all yelling, clearly in disarray from the sudden attack to their back. You quickly get to work with the new rifle. You have to admit, though, you're not entirely used to this thing, yet. The new weight and the heavier rounds throw you off just a tad, and you're slower than you'd like to be on your firing. Still, you hit your first target pretty easily. He doesn't die, though, clearly being made of something a tad tougher than the other wretches you've been facing. Armor, maybe? A sudden bolt of plasma puts an end to his continued resistance, though he got off a shot from his rifle. You thought i missed, until you feel the sudden, burning pain in your side. Damn... Hit again. At least the armor is helping out.
Your pip-boy chirps, as if remembering something. You'll check after you're done shooting, it's probably not that important. Still, there isn't much going on. Less than half a dozen guards remain, and they're rapidly falling from your group's combined efforts. You even saw the first victim to the harpoon gun, at long last. It did not disappoint.

Once the guards are down, you yell to your newest acquisition.
Where's the people they were fighting?
Two of them ran off when I started firing! Don't know where they are!
Mister Tim must be guiding them out of there! He knew a lot about the city's escape routes, right?
Well, shit, I'm not chasing them down.
You were about to keep talking, until you hear an explosion from behind you. It's a surprisingly contained explosion, though, more of a flicker of fire. Less death and more fart, you know?
Looking at the orange glow over the buildings, you'd guess it was effective. Whatever is left of that building is impossible to recover, and you've left the town entirely dependant on trade. They're bound to have additional resources, here and there, but you've put them in a tight spot!
Now you need to make your escape...
How should you abscond? People have agreed to meet over at the quarry after the mission, so it's really up to you. You could try to find your wayward distraction team, which is risky, or you can keep it simple and just escape as soon as possible. Main road or alleyways. And will you split up or not? Splitting up will confuse anybody watching your group, if there is any.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP: 905/1000 (Beartrap disarm/place: 5 EXP) (ghoul: 10XP) (Ghoul horde: 100 XP) (Junkies: 10XP) (Ellis: 40 XP) (Rotface:60XP) (Shakey: 60XP)[/b] (Mercenary: 20 XP) (Diplomacy: 15 XP) (Wanamingo: 200 XP) (Escaped the Buzzards: 150XP) (Information gatherer: 15XP) (guard: 10 XP) (Ghoul mercenary: 200 XP)
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 21, 2019, 09:53:00 am »

Lets stick together and do the second thing we came here for, killing Bartholomew I mean he shouldn't live to far away from his stand and its not like it'll be hard to find his fat ass.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 22, 2019, 04:45:58 pm »

You can't be serious! we just riled up the hornet's nest and you want to dive deeper into town just to get at that fat bastard!?
The rest of the party is quick to agree that your demand is positively ludicrous. You may have dealt with the guards for now, but if you go deeper you're going to face the entire town! You would be overwhelmed!
Are you really sure you want to do this?

1. Yes
2. Yes, and don't patronize me with this railroading.
3. No, but don't ever warn me again.
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 23, 2019, 05:46:38 am »

NONONONONONONONONO

too much, let's stick to the plan, when the city is starving Sodom's man are going to fight each other, and THEN the sheriff will say when it's the right moment to strike again
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 23, 2019, 06:13:23 am »

Yeah your probably right lets not kill him yet.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42