Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Sadistic Holiday Demon (A Roleplaying Game)  (Read 6233 times)

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sadistic Holiday Demon (A Roleplaying Game)
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2018, 09:04:35 am »

If you're still taking players, I'd like to join as the Engi...Do I get bonus points for actually being from Texas??? Gotta move that gear up!!!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2018, 09:29:31 am »

If you're still taking players, I'd like to join as the Engi...Do I get bonus points for actually being from Texas??? Gotta move that gear up!!!

Of course! Welcome aboard! I'll make sure to include your character arriving in the next turn.

Also, because that's the first time that location-coincidence happened, I'll make a one-time offer to take you up on the bonus points joke. Pick one of Engineer's Items and Upgrade it to one of the other Engi items of that class from the source material. So, you could make the Wrench Golden or grab the Frontier Justice instead of the base shotgun.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 09:32:01 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2018, 09:37:11 am »

Of course! Welcome aboard! I'll make sure to include your character arriving in the next turn.

Also, because that's the first time that location-coincidence happened, I'll make a one-time offer to take you up on the bonus points joke. Pick one of Engineer's Items and Upgrade it to one of the other Engi items of that class from the source material.

Heck yeah! I'd like to upgrade Engi's shotgun to the Widowmaker. Gotta get that scrap, baby! Also, the Engi's text will look like this:

"Cowboy up!"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2018, 09:40:50 am »

Also, because that's the first time that location-coincidence happened, I'll make a one-time offer to take you up on the bonus points joke. Pick one of Engineer's Items and Upgrade it to one of the other Engi items of that class from the source material.

Heck yeah! I'd like to upgrade Engi's shotgun to the Widowmaker. Gotta get that scrap, baby! Also, the Engi's text will look like this:

"Cowboy up!"

Awesome.

New Turn's Coming Soon.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2018, 09:54:42 am »

Roger that, good buddy! I'm currently at work, so my responses may be a little slow.

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2018, 03:22:58 pm »

Alrighty, I'm home from work and ready for the carnage!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2018, 03:58:43 am »

Apologies for the delay. Some stuff came up recently, but it should be good now.

Christmas Town
Five Days until Demonic Presence

Blood drips down fur and hide onto the snowbank, painting the white with a stark, yet morbid crimson, as the bullet wound in Twilight Sparkle's side drives pain through her body. Sensing the agony drip through her, Hermione rushes forward and casts Episkey [9+2], not only fully healing the bullet wound, but also reinvigorating Twilight's body, giving her an edge with her actions. [+2 to Next Action. Time Limit: None]

Meanwhile, the smuggler Han Solo walks up to the groaning Glock-wielding Grunt, watching it twitch with it's broken arm. He raises the DL-44 as he walks towards it with a temper in his eyes, [4+2 (Gunslinging) v 1] and fires a plasma shot straight through his back. He groans, collapsing to his knees in agony as his growls turn from a pitiful human to that of a deranged monster.

It doesn't have to suffer too long, though. The Soldier charges forward, shouldering his rocket launcher in favor of a shotgun that he immediately shoves in it's face. [6+2 (Point Blank) v 9] But the creature, even in this state, is pesky. Using it's good arm, still clutching the firearm, it pushes the barrel away as it fires buckshot into the snow, [4-2 (Pain)] before failing to rise on it's feet.

Twilight, reinvigorated, turns her attention to the concussed SAA Grunt. It wobbles around on unsteady feet, making for a perfect opportunity to secure an advantage. [Auto Victory: Concussed] Because of his condition, she is able to grab the revolver with her telekinesis without fuss, before turning the barrel to him. [5-2 (Unfamiliar Tech Level) +2 (Reinvigorated) +2 (Magic Bonus) v 7-2 (Concussed)] Due to a combination of factors, though, Twilight only manages to pull back the hammer and instinctively fire a shot, clipping the Grunt's ear and making it flail around in anger and agony.

Speaking of anger and agony, the Glock Grunt, even on it's knees, fights back. After failing to rise, it immediately thrusts the barrel of his Glock against The Soldier's chest. [9 v 4] A loud bang is heard as The Soldier feels a violet pain erupt from his stomach. Due to being, well, Soldier, he only steps back, but it's clear from the red liquid that doesn't happen to be paint from his RED Coat that a 9mm just entered his belly.

Confused, angry, and concerned, the SAA Grunt suddenly tries to retreat from battle! [1-2 (Concussed)] But slippery hands plus a floating gun in your face means bad news. In trying to retrieve the gun in order to escape, the Grunt pulls back the hammer and pulls the trigger. The back of it's head seemingly explodes as blood and brains hit the snow. It falls on it's face, dead instantly from the bullet.

From behind the party, a magical presence is detected as a BLU Engineer suddenly falls into the snow. He stands up, readying the Widowmaker and a wrench as he surveys the area.
JakeParade is the BLU Engineer!

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2018, 10:01:14 am »

"Thank you for healing me, what did I get hit with and what are these weapons?"
Use telekinesis to grab the Glock 17 out of the other guys hands, and then pickup the single action army revolver and put them both in what ever I have that passes a bag.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2018, 10:11:54 am »

let out an Incomprehensible scream of pure rage, then beat the crap out of that thing with my shovel!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Hotfire90

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2018, 10:12:28 am »

Subdue and knock the remaining grunt out.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2018, 02:16:09 pm »

Headbutt the Grunt.

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2018, 11:57:52 pm »

Well, seeing as how the Engineer just got teleported somewhere that wasn't with the power of his own teleporter, he'd be a mite confused. In the middle of a battle, no less! Of course, the first thing he sees is the RED Soldier, but next, he spots the Grunt and decides the horrible monstrosity is first to go. He draws his pistol and aims at the creature, getting a bead on it in case the others aren't able to take it out.

"Now I've seen everything."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:40:13 pm by JakeParade »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2018, 12:41:51 am »

Sorry for the delay! I shall update as soon as I can.

JakeParade

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome to the Parade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2018, 03:25:24 pm »

Sorry for the delay! I shall update as soon as I can.

Hey, it's all good. Real life is a thing, after all!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2018, 12:05:11 am »

Christmas Town
Five Days until Demonic Presence

The blood on the snow begins driving in a smell of iron throughout the air, coating it thick with how much there is. As Twilight thanks Hermione genuinely, she turns her attention to the being still clutching the first firearm she had seen. [1+2 v 4] The Glock glows lavender, but the Grunt holding it keeps it from Twilight's grasp. It scowls at her with malice, it's fingers still holding the gun with no sign of ceasing. Twilight sees it's a losing fight, but she does collect the Single Action Army, placing it in her saddlebag.

Unfortunately for the creature, the Soldier doesn't fall over in pain. He instead lets loose a huge scream of violent, impotent rage, before whipping out his trusty shovel. [2 v 9] The Grunt grabs the head of the shovel and, feeling empowered, manages to stand back up on it's own two feet, screaming and roaring as it does. It stares down at the Soldier's helmet.

Only to be blindsided by Han Solo. [5 v 8] It rears it's gaze back just in time to dodge a lunging takedown by Han, but he just proceeds to follow it up with a pistol whip. [9 v 2] The grip of the DL-44 suddenly slams into the Grunt's face, breaking it's jaw and disorientating it. Between the exhaustion of war and that injury, he looks about ready to just keel over.

Which, luckily, Hermione is ready to do. She runs over, [7 v 5-2] and instead of casting a spell on the thing, instead charges over to slam her skull into his own. The Grunt is sent sprawling into the snowbank.

This can't get any worse for him [9 v 2-2], only for a gunshot to ring out. The back of the Grunt's head pops open, a blood puddle arriving alarmingly quick as the debuting BLU Engineer is the one who ends the fight.

The five heroes are various stages of wounded and exhausted. But they won. Blood and fire surround them, filling the air with a putrid sense of ash and iron, but they still won. As civilians in various winter wear crowd out of their ruined homes, a small ping rings through their ears. Like a siren song, it directs them to a fountain in the center of Christmas Town, where it seems a floating ball of light is hovering over a scroll.

Apologies for the delay, but between the 19th and now, I've had two depressive episodes, and then on positive notes, spent time with friends. But I'm here now, and I promise I won't let this game die. In fact, I feel invigorated to finally work on this!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6