Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So...Apparently I declared war on my own civ by fighting the wars they started?  (Read 1462 times)

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My civ started a war with an elven one. To further our efforts, I razed an elven village and forced tribute from another. As soon as I checked my civs screen, though, apparently my city and the overall civ were at war and imports/exports were terror and vengeance. There was never an official declaration, it's still apparently my civ, but I haven't gotten a caravan or liaison either. But if my civ were truly at war with me, they wouldn't have seized a town belonging to a different elven civ that I'd attacked after they'd apparently severed ties but before I realized it.

help???
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

Umm, I have no idea if it's possible to negotiate peace in fort mode. Maybe you should wage war with the traitorous mountainhomes and raze their sites until you are the only dwarves there are?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, you can't negotiate peace, because that's a civ issue, not a fortress one.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And besides, being at war with your own civ is a bug. Toady's the only person who can fix that. Post a screenshot or a save showing what happened.

Admiral Obvious

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Wordsmith
    • View Profile

Ownership of the site might have transferred at some point during the war. So, instead of you razing an eleven retreat, you ended up razing a dwarven occupied retreat at some point along the way.

Either way, treason, accidental or not is punished by a good o'l hammering.
"I have a rock here for you.  No animals or plants died bringing you this rock.  How fast do you want me to throw it at you?"