Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Day-eties 2: Age of the Titans IC: Turn 1: I don't feel so good [8/12]  (Read 3648 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Day-eties 2: Age of the Titans IC: Turn 0: The Weird Dawn [6/12]
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2018, 07:53:23 pm »

"Arial, what are you doing with that sock?"
Aktur Nubbiduf formed three worlds and a star: Massive, dodecahedral Yoggoth, fiery, churning Runnical, spherical Atherix with its moons Autimun, Drizz, and Nixun, and Unicus, a fairly typical blue star (-4E). Yggdrasil wove the Yggdrasil-Etrian Labyrinth (-2E), a large maze of trees and wood punctuated by clear lakes and populated by slavering monsters. This done, Yggdrasil set it into motion in the distant, churning Flux far from Unicus and abruptly expanded the Theater of the current Conflict over who should be Overtitan of Light to include its endless reaches. Fortunately for the Labyrinth, no collateral damage resulted from this, although the temporary Site appears to have been reclaimed by the hungry void.
"Oh."

Waves of stability emanated from the worlds as the Flux quieted slightly and time and space became more ordered.

Crani decided to create Sorra, a Sand Knight and firstborn of the new worlds (-4E), in the Sandcastle, a great castle made from sand. Sorra admires the sands about her home and uses 1E to create a Grand-tier glass kiln.

Active Conflicts:

Brawl in Yggdrasil-Etrian Labyrinth for Overtitan of Light (Started Turn 0)
Team A
vs
Team 1
vs
Team א
BúriCataclypseYggdrasil

Overtitans (6E):
Overtitan of Light: Búri (Maximum Spin)
Overtitan of Might: Aktur Nubidduf (crazyabe)
Overtitan of Sight: (contested)

Titans (6E):
Crani (Stirk)
Providento (Shadowclaw777)
Cataclypse (Nakéen)
Paradox (darkwarlock3)

Gods (2E):
Sorra (NPC) (Loyal to Crani)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:56:41 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 08:22:51 pm »

A maze, that only those humans gifted by Growth and free-will can overcome.

Truly, a Yggdrasil-Etrian Labyrinth.

Having seen to the growth of a Land, it has appeared even greater than foreseen. Still, he is a god of Heroes for a reason.

People, and many kingdoms, and the Heroes who rise from them, and grow stronger.

Places -For 0E for a basic action- Basic is upgraded to Greater: Many towns and cultures near the lakes, free from monsters.
And People- 2E for Major-upgrade to Cosmic-sentience- High/Extreme becomes Average/High

And from these people, shall join many heroes. And more shall come to answer the challenge.
Major: 0E(At Extreme Flux, all Persons are three tiers cheaper)

"There exists within this labyrinth, a Mantle. Find it and travel to the center of the world. And I shall grant your peoples a wish." Yggdrasil proclaims to them.

Basic upgrades due to flux: Finally, he births the earth to fill the gaps of Yggdrasil-Etrian Labyrinth, and closes off the Void so they may live there. And births many edible plants.

"Beware the false ones who also seek the Mantle for themselves."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:39:56 pm by TricMagic »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 09:02:44 pm »

With a new contestant arising, Cataclypse felt that things would get exciting indeed!
"Greetings gentlemen! As proper contestants, I suggest that we simply choose the future Overtitan in the most appropriate manner there is for respectable Titans. That is, the mélée à trois! Let us partake in a wonderful, and potentially deadly brawl. The reins of power are ripped from the clutched hands of its former holder, after all!"

Take off a metaphorical glove, and slap both contestants in the face. Time to duel!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Day-eties 2: Age of the Titans IC: Turn 0: The Weird Dawn [7/12]
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2018, 08:58:40 am »

"I reside in the Core.. If you wish for the Mantle, fight your way through the Labyrinth. And I shall acknowledge your worth as OverTitan of Light."

"Of Course, first you need to find the Mantle. And keep a hold of it."

With this said to the combatants, Yggdrasil once more falls to slumber. His servants will do the work for him.

Note: Yggdrasil-Etrian Labyrinth is a Cosmic Level Artifact-Consturction(Growth) of a large planet's size.
An Anchor, and within all three of my Spheres, my Temple and Home.
And My Light(Will) is indomitable. Is yours?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2018, 01:22:32 pm »

I Spend my last 2E to make An artifact Split into three; The Cosmic Gates, Three Twisted Squared arches with but one side between them all were you to trace it through and around, Travel through these gates brings you out the Opposite "side" of the next in order, I Then place this Cosmic artifact upon all three of my worlds.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2018, 05:11:03 pm »

Yggdrasil created *nameless towns (-1A) by the lakes and filled them with a dense community of equally *nameless people (-2E) in anticipation of the upcoming fight for the Mantle of Light.

From these clever folk, Yggdrasil created the also unnamed (2d6: 2) *Archon of Memory and the *Archon of Thought (-2E) and set them to the task of retrieving the Mantle of Light for their creator.

Cataclypse, ever the theatrical sort, slapped Búri and Yggdrasil, formally starting the mêlée à trois!

Yggdrasil heroically delegated the work of securing the Mantle, apparently hidden somewhere in the Labyrinth, to the Archons and returned to slumber.

Unfazed by this development, Aktur Nubiddus, unchallenged Overtitan of Might, linked the three true worlds with the Cosmic Gates (-2E).

________
* Unnamed and/or undefined

Active Conflicts:

Team A
vs
Team 1
vs
Team א
BúriCataclypse*Archon of Thought
*Archon of Memory

Búri, Cataclypse, and Yggdrasil's Archons: Choose a Stance and action!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2018, 05:26:41 pm »

Cataclypse felt amused by Yggdrassil's claims.
"I will accept the rules you suggested,
and will make them your own undoing. I may be blind and powerless, but my radiance is like none others.

Now come forth! My hands and my eyes, my Heralds!"

The sealed coffin opened for an instant. Cataclypse took out 13 of its spikes, and from them created 13 powerful beings. They would be blessed with what he lacked: vision and the ability to interact with the world and its creations.
Each of them had 6 pairs of eyes and a single bigger eye on their forehead. They also had 2 pairs of arms, 2 pairs of legs, and 2 pairs of arm-wings on their back.
The first of their main powers are their all-seeing eyes, from which nothing can be hidden (except of course if it involves beings vastly more powerful than themselves).
The second of their main powers is their ability to shape the world with their innate great energy.

To their leader he gifted the Oraprism, a prismatic gem whose radiance protected its holder and its close allies with the presence of Cataclypse.

Greater >  Titanic (4): Cataclypse creates the 13 Astrima (s. Astrimus), a group of Servants to serve as his Heralds.

Major > Grand/Cosmic? (2): To their leader, named Alphorus the First, he grants a Greater Artifact, the Oraprism.

Spoiler: The Astrima (click to show/hide)

"With your eyes, nothing will escape your sight.
With your might, none will oppose you.
With my light, you will never falter.
Onward! Reach the Core of this labyrinth, and bring my light to all those who cross your path."

Then Cataclypse took a defensive stance, in the best way a sealed urchin could. The Astrima took an offensive battle stance
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 06:08:35 pm by Nakéen »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2018, 05:35:14 pm »

Búri takes an Aggressive stance and a +3 buff distributed evenly across all stats for 6E, then just runs forward and starts trying to break anything in his way, especially Archons.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 05:44:58 pm »

The kingdoms of Yun, Boku, and Sussain. They buy and sell materials obtained from the Labyrinth and make new items out of them. Let 5 Adventurers come forth from each kingdom.

Iniyusei(Memory) & Aurtui(Thought)
Heroes of the people, the Princess and Prince of Yun and Susain respectively, seek the Mantle.

And the monsters of the Labyrinth attack all who carry on within the Labyrinth. Great Monsters guard key points, and they all seek to kill the carrier of the Mantle, and those within the Labyrinth.

Inalienible actions, two.

Búri Faces the new labyrinth, a forest of flame, and a demon. Let the Flame devour the pretender.

Cataclypse faces another challenge. The Pack begins to surround this strange prey. Let him freeze beneath their fangs.

Yggdrasil continues it's slumber within the core.{Turtle}

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2018, 06:00:33 pm »

The sand remaining sand, left over from the creation of a newborn God and his realm, is attracted by the gravity of the planetary bodies. The sand forms a ring around the sun, suddenly hardening to a single massive structure surrounding it. This new planet is Circlet, the first planet with an easy memorable and pronounceable name, filled with a variety of potential biomes. Its placement between the other planets allows their shadow to cross over its length, giving the sun-facing side a night cycle as its rapid spinning brings pieces in and out of the shadows. The "Dark" side will instead by given light by a series of mirrors created by Sorra from the Glass Kiln, allowing it to be a similarly diverse local.

((2E Planet creation))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2018, 06:48:24 pm »

I also need to guide my Archons.They seek the Mantle of Light. The new adventuring parties will be harvesting materials from the labyrinth.

To be fair, I can't really guide them.. They are their own people. Soon to be Heroes of the people, hopefully.

The Yuns, Boku, and Sussainians.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 06:56:28 pm by TricMagic »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2018, 08:15:47 pm »

Let's get Crani's last bit out of the way. After finding the existing worlds to be less sandy than optimal, Crani took the leftover sand from the creation of Sorra and the Sand Castle and scattered it in a ring around the sun, turning it into the ring world of Circlet. It had multiple biomes, much to everyone's surprise. Since the dark side wasn't blessed with varying light from eclipses, Crani then had Sorra cast mirrors to reflect light onto the outer surface. (Construction: *Outer Mirrors (Grand), Sorra: -1E)
"Before you continue your story, let me remind you that Sorra turned out to be a major god, not a regular god." (1d6: 6)
Oh, right. It turns out Sorra, like some single Persons the Titans created, was a major god rather than a regular god. This isn't important yet, though.

Anyway, Yggdrasil got around to naming the Archons of Thought and Memory Aurtui and Iniyusei (assumed 2:1:2) respectively. They ruled over the fledgling kingdoms of Yun and Susain, whose people were somehow named Humans, disturbingly enough. (-1A) The kingdom of Boku stayed out of the mad quest for the Mantle, but all kingdoms sent out their most skilled lumberjacks and foragers to plunder the Labyrinth for its bountiful resources

Cataclypse created the seven Astrima, radiant, all-seeing minor gods imbued with some of their creator's power (-1E), and bestowed their leader, Alphorus the First, the Oraprism (-0E). (Assumed 1:2:4 aggregate, +1L from Titanic artifact)

The Oraprism was a marvelous gem which imbued its holder (and nearby allies) with the Light of Cataclypse itself. A fitting gift for a claimant for my Mantle, to be sure! The Astrima assembled and began their search for the Mantle in earnest as Cataclypse cautiously watched.

Búri blessed Itself all around (-6E) and scanned the great Labyrinth high and low with cold purpose.

Finally, to make the Labyrinth a bit more lively for the guests, Yggdrasil created a fire demon (1d6: 4: Major) (assumed -1:0:0) and a pack of ice wolves (assumed -1:0:0)! Yggdrasil then continued Its slumber deep in the core.

Active Conflicts:

Team A
vs
Team 1
vs
Team א
(2) Búri (Agg, +1LMS)(4) Cataclypse (Def)(6) Yggdrasil (Tur)
(1) 7 Astrima (Agg, +1L)(5) Aurtui+Iniyusei (Neu)
(7) Fire demon (Ber)
(3) Ice wolves (Agg)

((Round 1 writeup coming soon))

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2018, 08:53:42 pm »

Round 1 of the Conflict for the Mantle of Light

The Astrima floated through the Labyrinth and soon encountered Búri in a clearing! A demon of flames appeared and set the surrounding trees aflame.

Avoiding and ignoring the Astrima's angry blows, Búri strikes the fire demon, landing a solid hit! It hisses in surprise at the extreme cold (Fire demon: Hurt) Its counterattack produces gouts of steam

The Conflict has escalated to Non-lethal

The citizens of Yun are panicking as a result of the fires! (Kingdom of Yun: Hurt)

Elsewhere in the Labyrinth, A pack of snarling ice wolves surrounds Cataclypse and mounts a savage attack on Cataclypse, but Cataclypse shrugs off the bites! Cataclypse shakes them off harmlessly

The two Archons soon wander into the clearing and spot a godly claimant for the Mantle! They blast Cataclypse with no apparent effect

Yggdrasil continues sleeping, probably dreaming about where the Mantle could be.

Active Conflicts:

Non-lethal Conflict in Yggdrasil-Etrian Labyrinth for Overtitan of Light (Started Turn 0)
Team A
vs
Team 1
vs
Team א
(2) Búri (Agg, Buff: +1LMS)(4) Cataclypse (Def)(6) Yggdrasil (Tur)
(1) 7 Astrima (Agg, Oraprism: +1L)(5) Aurtui+Iniyusei (Neu)
(7) Fire demon (Ber) (Hurt: -1LMS)
(3) Ice wolves (Agg)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:02:17 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2018, 09:30:54 pm »

Basic action. Flux upgrades.

The towns are safe from danger. Fire, harm not the lakesides.

Zzz(Phone right now)

Inalienable-boosted by 3.The core begins to shift. Red blood cells begin to form around the core's center.(more on effects tomorrow, they are very weak, but very dangerous.

Inalienable-boosted intervention. Flame demon's flames grow stronger in the heat of the flames around it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:38:11 pm by TricMagic »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2018, 09:33:51 pm »

Búri continues kicking and punching his way to that mantle!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5