Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Chieftian: Hands of the dark lord.  (Read 9003 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chieftian: Hands of the dark lord.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2018, 02:29:49 am »

Code: [Select]
Chieftian TricMagic

Power: Level 1
Enterprise: Level 3
Coup D'oeil: Level 2
0 spare xp

20 Snaga with picks
29/30 snaga with Clubs (crude 2-handed)

25 Grunts with wood-splitting axes (Simple 2-handed)
13/17 Grunts with Clubs (crude 2-handed) (4 recovering)
53 Grunts with clubs

2 Grunts with Ash Hunting bows and 10 Hunting arrows between them.
1 Uruk with a common 2-hannded warhammer and a mail hauberk

50 Babies being made
100 Camp Followers
160 silver pieces

3,400 ration days of grain.

7 Brigandines
Assorted mining tools for 7 dwarves
Aren't brigantines ships?

50 new squalling snaga ready to march and hold a weapon for the tribe?
Assuming I actually have them, seven of them get the picks.

chainmail for only 60 silver. A common 2-handed warhammer for 60 silver.
Uruk's club is passed along to another orc, and the Uruk's gets the chain and hammer.

I order the Orcs to make more clubs.

Break camp and march for the objective. Stop short of it to make camp in a hidden position.

Enterprise roll:
3d6>=4f1!6  = (5 3 5, 2 successes) = 2

You find enough picks to equip 20 of your snaga.

You make enough clubs to arm the rest of your forces. Your orcs play dress the uruk, and gird him with mail.

Uruk stew best stew.

You enjoy a sumptuous feast during the night and are ready to march in the morning.

Chieftian Egan and Chieftian Tric Magic march towards castle Durthang, with Chieftian Devastator less than a day behind them.

About 200 paces from the castle, a single arrow flies out, and hits one of Tric's Snagas in the front... Then silence. The Snaga gurgles and collapses with an arrow in its lung.

Tric rolls Coup D'oeil: @Amyclas:  2d6>=4f1!6  = (3 3, 0 successes) = 0

All he can tell is that it's a well made human arrow. There's obviously a human in Durthang!

The chieftians observe that the castle gates are wide open, the fortress does not seem manned or secured for a defense in any way.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2018, 02:38:35 am »

"Bloody elves shootin' arrows at us like cowards, I swears."

Go up in the battlements and grab the elf wot's shooting at us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2018, 02:55:40 am »

Take the knights fancy sword and armour for myself.  The new Uruk can have my axe and gambeson.  Desecrate the white tree markings on the captured gambesons.  Reorganize my forces as follows:

1 Uruk with an axe, gambeson and three javelins. + 20 Infantry grunts with heavy flint spears, 20 gambesons, 20 heater shields, and up to 3 javelins each, if they can carry that much.

20 grunt archers with 20 arrows each, and 20 tattered gambesons.  See if I can make some bundles or quivers for the arrows if necessary.

The remainder will have spears, javelins, and targes like before.

Continue towards the objective, and see if anyone will buy the extra weapons and arrows.  (600 arrows.)

Chieftian Devastator

Power: 2
Enterprise: 2
Coup D'oeil: 2

Personal Gear:
Battle Axe (Common 1 or 2 handed)
Gambeson

5 xp left

1 Uruk with a flint spear, 3 javelins, bludgeon, targe shield
44/48 Grunts armed with 59 heavy flint spears, 177 Javelins, 59 Bludgeons, 59 Targe shields, 4 wounded, recovering
40 Grunts armed with 100 heavy flint spears, 120 Javelins, 40 Bludgeons, 40 Targe shields
100 Camp Followers
27 Babies being made.

175 Pieces of Silver

20 Longbows (advanced)
1000 bodkin arrows
20 Heater shields
20 tattered gambesons, Gondorian
20 Gondorian Gambesons

5,383 Wheat ration days

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2018, 09:03:02 am »

"Bloody elves shootin' arrows at us like cowards, I swears."

Go up in the battlements and grab the elf wot's shooting at us.

You order your men to storm the battlements.

Power roll: 4d6>=4f1!6  = (1 4 4 1, 0 successes) = 0

Whoever is shooting you hits another 2 grunts in the face. The rest of your men spill into the castle but the shooter is gone when they get there. The orcs get nervous and start spreading rumors that they have been attacked by a wraith.

Quote from: Devastator
Take the knights fancy sword and armour for myself.  The new Uruk can have my axe and gambeson.  Desecrate the white tree markings on the captured gambesons.  Reorganize my forces as follows:

1 Uruk with an axe, gambeson and three javelins. + 20 Infantry grunts with heavy flint spears, 20 gambesons, 20 heater shields, and up to 3 javelins each, if they can carry that much.

20 grunt archers with 20 arrows each, and 20 tattered gambesons.  See if I can make some bundles or quivers for the arrows if necessary.

The remainder will have spears, javelins, and targes like before.

Continue towards the objective, and see if anyone will buy the extra weapons and arrows.  (600 arrows.)

Enterprise roll: 2d6>=4f1!6  = (3 6 3, 2 successes) = 2

You equip the knight's shiny sword. Its balance is perfect in every way.

On your way to meet up with the rest of the expedition force, you pass through your old orc stronghold. The local merchants will take your spare bodkins for 60 silver, but you might want to hold on to them in case of extended fighting.

Egan, Tric Magic and Devastator also get 5 xp from the preliminary raids and brawls. Tric gets another 3 xp from the capture of 6 dwarves.

Chieftian Egan
Power: 4
Enterprise: 0
Coup D'oeil: 0
Free xp: 5

Personal Items:
A bone club
bone armor

98/100 Orc Grunts armed with heavy flint spears and crude choppers
100 Camp Followers
300 Spare flint spears
100 remaining silver

625 Rations

Chieftian Devastator

Personal Gear:
Mastercrafted Longsword
Mail Hauberk

5 xp left

1 Uruk with a battle axe, 3 javelins, gambeson
84/88 Grunts armed with heavy flint spears, 3 Javelins, Bludgeons, arge shields, 4 wounded, recovering
100 Camp Followers
27 Snaga

175 Pieces of Silver

20 Longbows (advanced)
1000 bodkin arrows
20 Heater shields
20 tattered gambesons, Gondorian
20 Gondorian Gambesons

5,383 Wheat ration days

Chieftian TricMagic

8 spare xp

20 Snaga with picks

53 Grunts with clubs

50 Babies being made
100 Camp Followers
160 silver pieces

7 Brigandines
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2018, 09:23:28 am »

Quote from: GM
Chieftian TricMagic

8 spare xp

20 Snaga with picks

53 Grunts with clubs

50 Babies being made
100 Camp Followers
160 silver pieces

7 Brigandines
Are those grunts still recovering?

Order the Pick Snaga to hide in the fortress, sneak attacking whatever enemy they can. 25 Club snaga are ordered to travel in groups of 5 and scout for enemies. 5 Club Orcs apeice will be in command of the Club Snaga Groups. The rest of the Club Orcs will steal everything that isn't nailed down and bring it back to our camp, which is set up out of arrow range.

The rest of our group remains with the camp.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2018, 08:00:44 pm »

"If any of your stupid sods says it wos a wraith when 'e ain't even seen the filth ONE MORE TIME, I'll have 'em for dinner! Ya hear me, you idiots!?"

When I says to go do somfin' and don't spec-i-fy, that means I'm gonna go DO IT MYSELF YA GROT, BECAUSE THESE STUPID WEAKLINGS CAN'T HANDLE ANYFING 'EMSELVES.
Hem. Now, let's loot the shit outta this place. Move everyone into the fortress and make it our new camp.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2018, 12:55:44 am »

Quote from: GM
Chieftian TricMagic

8 spare xp

15/15 Snaga with picks

53 Grunts with clubs

100 Camp Followers
160 silver pieces

5 picks

7 Brigandines
Are those grunts still recovering?

Order the Pick Snaga to hide in the fortress, sneak attacking whatever enemy they can. 25 Club snaga are ordered to travel in groups of 5 and scout for enemies. 5 Club Orcs apeice will be in command of the Club Snaga Groups. The rest of the Club Orcs will steal everything that isn't nailed down and bring it back to our camp, which is set up out of arrow range.

The rest of our group remains with the camp.

The grunts are still healing. Should be done by tomorrow!

The snaga run about the fortress with the enthusiasm of children with baseball bats. They are going to find the bad man, bonk him and eat him.

Enterprise: 3d6>=4f1!6  = (5 6 4 1, 2 successes) = 2
Coup D'oeil: 2d6>=4f1!6  = (3 3, 0 successes) = 0

The castle is mostly deserted. You find signs that a ranger has been living here alone. Like a hermit. Unsurprisingly, the armories and the vault where a treasury might be are empty.

You do however, find signs of old mining activities from the tunnel. There are still little piles of raw iron by the entrances. Some of the passages lead out, beyond the mountains into the wastes north of Ithillien. Others seem to go deeper into shafts that go down and down and down.

"If any of your stupid sods says it wos a wraith when 'e ain't even seen the filth ONE MORE TIME, I'll have 'em for dinner! Ya hear me, you idiots!?"

When I says to go do somfin' and don't spec-i-fy, that means I'm gonna go DO IT MYSELF YA GROT, BECAUSE THESE STUPID WEAKLINGS CAN'T HANDLE ANYFING 'EMSELVES.
Hem. Now, let's loot the shit outta this place. Move everyone into the fortress and make it our new camp.

Chieftian Egan
Power: 4
Enterprise: 0
Coup D'oeil: 0

Personal Items:
A bone club
bone armor

98/100 Orc Grunts armed with heavy flint spears and crude choppers
100 Camp Followers
300 Spare flint spears
100 remaining silver

625 Rations

You march in and claim the Lord's bedroom for yourself. To your dismay, you find an obscene number of books lying about, none of which you are able to read.

5 of Tric's snaga go missing. The patrols later find them with arrows in their back and their throats cut open.

The grunts search for the attacker, but beyond finding his camp and sleeping area, there is no sign of him.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2018, 01:43:56 am »

Meet up with the others.  What's the next target?

Chieftian Devastator

Personal Gear:
Mastercrafted Longsword
Mail Hauberk

5 xp left

20 Grunts armed with heavy spears, 3 Javelins, Bludgeons, heater shields, and gambesons.
44/68 Grunts armed with heavy flint spears, 3 Javelins, Bludgeons, arge shields, 4 wounded, recovering
20 Grunts armed with longbows, 20 arrows, and tattered gambesons.
100 Camp Followers
27 Snaga

175 Pieces of Silver

20 Longbows (advanced)
600 bodkin arrows

5,383 Wheat ration days

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2018, 03:26:01 am »

Meet up with the others.  What's the next target?

Chieftian Devastator

Personal Gear:
Mastercrafted Longsword
Mail Hauberk

5 xp left

20 Grunts armed with heavy spears, 3 Javelins, Bludgeons, heater shields, and gambesons.
44/68 Grunts armed with heavy flint spears, 3 Javelins, Bludgeons, arge shields, 4 wounded, recovering
20 Grunts armed with longbows, 20 arrows, and tattered gambesons.
100 Camp Followers
27 Snaga

175 Pieces of Silver

20 Longbows (advanced)
600 bodkin arrows

5,383 Wheat ration days

You arrive slightly late at castle Durthang. This time, no one is shooting at you. You want to find the passages through the mines that will take you out of mordor so you can get to the town of Gelebrin to cut off a vital supply route that the coalition forces are using to support their troops in Morranon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2018, 03:30:24 am »

Start mapping them out, then.  See which of the new snagas are good at sneaking and send them to scout alone or in pairs.  If the passage starts looking too deep to cross in a day, find a good spot in the caves to camp out at, big enough for everyone.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:49:39 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2018, 03:51:20 am »

Send some boys out from the fort with spears, looking for something to hunt. Preferably something big.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 09:16:21 am »

Pick Snaga's are to work in this Mine, and collect some shiny stones.

25 Club snaga are ordered to travel in groups of 5 and keep a watch enemies. 5 Club Orcs apeice will be in command of the Club Snaga Groups. These orcs will be grabbing all that shiny ore laying about and bring them back to camp.

The rest of the Club Orcs will take those books out of the Lord's room and bring it back to our camp.
No reason to have those dumb books around Chieftain Egan. Let us just dispose of them for you.
(Actually bringing them back to me so I can read them for clues)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2018, 02:46:53 pm »

No. They're mine. You can't just come and take stuff from my room. I'll hit you.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2018, 02:48:30 pm »

Edit to the game system for bookkeeping sanity:

Instead of tracking every stick in the inventory, we'll split into this:
Primitive infantry equipment -> improvised infantry equipment -> light, medium, heavy infantry equipment

Equipment will also have the qualities "advanced" and "masterwork" for knightly gimmicks.

This way we don't have to count sticks but can still simulate equipment constraints.

Classes are split into infantry, archers and cavalry. I suppose mounted infantry is a thing.
So infantry will require infantry equipment, archers will require archer equipment, and so on.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2018, 02:56:53 pm »

Are you going to read them or burn them?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6