Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: DIG OOC  (Read 47741 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG OOC
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2018, 01:38:41 pm »

you can help the team by properly building your character's starting equipment, then doing useful things for the team, including role playing with team members. Remember, your character is a bit of an outsider at this point. It would be reasonable for him to attempt to make nice with everyone and be accepted as part of the group.

I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics of how they speak, but they speak clearly enough to be understood by the other races.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2018, 01:41:16 pm »

On the topic of loot, I'm willing to split the corpses with Pancaek, so long as no one else needs them as well.
I need them as well!

We should probably get a tally of all the people who want to disassemble corpses for loot, though. I know we have a few, but it's a relatively specialized need.

No, like how do they actually make noises?
Also, if I don’t grab any loot, how can I help the team?
Presumably they have roughly human-ish speaky-bits. I don't think we know exactly what their vocal cords and mouthparts and whatnot are like.

Grabbing a weapon if you don't already have one but do have ammo for it helps you help the team. Grabbing all the corpses does not help you help the team. Well, unless you have something specific and team-helping in mind to craft with them.

Also, you weren't on the mission so people are going to be understandably wary of you showing up afterwards to seize the loot for said mission.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2018, 02:12:21 pm »

you can help the team by properly building your character's starting equipment, then doing useful things for the team, including role playing with team members. Remember, your character is a bit of an outsider at this point. It would be reasonable for him to attempt to make nice with everyone and be accepted as part of the group.

I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics of how they speak, but they speak clearly enough to be understood by the other races.
If you look at the goals, you'll notice that it's pretty hard for my character to make friends and/or talk to stranger, and therefore he will summon/build a friend. I probably shouldn't have done that.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2018, 02:14:01 pm »

To be blunt and to the point, you have have only recently and suddenly showed up in the game, both IC and OOC, and that means it is in good taste to at least hear others and let the people who took part in the mission have first dibs. It's a matter of fairness and politesse.

And you should really roll your starting fathoms then spend them so as to not be completely dependent upon this mission's loot.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2018, 02:17:29 pm »

I did roll, got 60, don't know how much a notebook costs, I don't know how much a pen or candles cost, Bought a knife, I guess I'll get some ammo too. I'll start right away

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2018, 02:35:00 pm »

Auft Kindheart, Mission 1 (Crystal Castle) Levelup:

+1 Str, Dex, Awa

New statblock:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2018, 02:40:53 pm »

Hey Leo, don't forget you get 3 attribute points to distribute at chargen.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2018, 02:54:17 pm »

Thanks

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2018, 03:26:08 pm »

I rolled my level up in Discord. +1 to Str, Dex, End, Kno, Ner. I'm saving up that skill point, and I'll post what I want from the pile later.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2018, 06:56:40 pm »

I want a soldier chestplate, a knife, a cleaver and ammo if possible. Not sure what ammo counts as from the pile, but as the intention is to keep shooting from afar more ammo is always welcome.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:26:12 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2018, 07:16:15 pm »

I'd like a rifle, the short sword and a knife. Depending on how the distribution goes, my secondary concerns are: soldier chestplate, revolver, and 50 feet of silk rope (unless it's in one piece, in which case it should probably be in the fund for situations like last mission's).
>Yes?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2018, 08:39:31 pm »

I'm going to ask Kara directly for a revolver, and nothing else. I might want access to our shared store of items, but only when it can directly benefit us as a whole.

Also, Kara is totally the boss right now. Only other people who might come close are Vikkan the pilot, and Clate the guy with a clipboard.
Though I'm not sure if asking Kara to officially be the bore captain would result in much tail bobbing, or a stress-induced heart attack.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2018, 09:03:32 pm »

Aight:
Looting... rifle
Cleaver
Optional:
Revolver
Corpses
Lantern

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2018, 06:11:23 am »

Made a split of the loot, tell me what you think: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171120.msg7840745#msg7840745

Obviously this is not final, for one several people have not posted to say what they want.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2018, 07:17:45 am »

Paris, I requested ooc for a share of the worm's bloods. Since there are 4 official Divers, AsHul will request 5 worms blood. He'll say that 2 or 3 is enough however.
I also now request a share in the rope. Can't go wrong with rope. 50' is enough.

this balances out. Leodanny's inventory sheet is currently correct, assuming he spent his money on ammo without officially getting to loot a weapon. I am in favor of not granting him a weapon, due to how hard he is making this.

Leo, IC your character may have trouble making friends, and ooc you may have trouble with that, but respect the group.
Go back and edit your looting action, turning it into a request rather than a straight up loot grab. And don't assume you get a rifle or handgun just because. As paris said in her lootsplit - go buy your own weapon. You are starting to annoy.

((I know, you guys, I know. I've been annoying for much longer.  :-\ ))
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27