Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game OOC (7/X)  (Read 26030 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game Interest Check/Testing
« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2018, 03:50:20 pm »

Alright, now let's take into account the fact that A) we're still going to be nerfing the deathclaw bonuses by making them scale, the fact that I still have to close those 10 hexes which leaves me with just enough AP for a singular punch or kick. 4 AP is worthless for dealing damage with the nerfs you are inflicting, and unless the opponents lack perception to the point of only having 1 point in it, they will be able to sequence faster than me even with kamikaze.
Next up let's take into account B) the fact that I still can only attack targets next to me, limiting me to one or two per turn unless we come up against radscorpions, mole rats, or feral ghouls. That basically turns me into a single target sniper without the benefits of maintaining a safe distance.

Finally, we have the fact that C) as a solo fighter I will naturally be outnumbered in terms of incoming attacks vs outgoing attacks. This is ignoring the fact that spacing out of targets renders me far less effective because I have to close the distance. More attacks = more chances to crit, and thusly more chances of being one-shot despite my supposed advantages.
Oh, and let's not forget any accuracy bonuses to attacking me because I'm a larger target. Yeah, deathclaws are bigger than a human. Who f***ing knew?

Basically, I traded in my ability to wear armor, shoot guns, do first aid, and avoid being hit easily for the ability to punch decently.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2018, 04:13:53 pm »

4AP, one aimed punch.
Once you get 95 to hit with headshots, you have a .95*.42*.8=~0.32 or 32% chance of forcing a knockout roll.
And on the second turn after you make that once punch, you can then do a bunch of attacks. Which could be 3 head punches, for an average of one knockout roll a turn.
The sequence thing is also wrong. You have a sequence of 11, so anyone with 5 or less Perception goes after you. You are slightly above average in sequence.
B) Everyone else can only make one shot per turn, except the one guy who requires aiming to function and can only make one aimed shot a turn. And unlike them, you can make multiple attacks in the cases that you are surrounded.
Like. Right. Now.
If you are a single target sniper right now, then how would giving you boosted damage help? It would just turn you into a singe target sniper who can eradicate anything, if it was correct in the first place.

C) You arn't a solo fighter. You will have 4 guys backing you up, unless you all intentionally split the party to let you be a solo fighter. Solo fights would be boring for 4/5 of the players, so I have no reason to make them.

And I have been very blatant about showing the numbers for the rolls in this test thread. People don't get bonuses to hitting Deathclaws. I didn't write the rules, they were already in the game code.

Basically you traded your ability to wear armor for armor that is better than anything that isn't power armor, and will probably get something to make that fair if we ever get that far, do first aid in a party that already has a doctor, and shoot guns in a game that favors minmaxing.

And. That. Was. Your. Choice. You asked to be a Deathclaw knowing that this was what it meant. Unless you wanted to be an undisputed killing machine that trivializes every fight until the late game? Was that the point? Did you want me to just give you the Boss Deathclaw stats and let you go hog wild?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2018, 05:30:05 pm »

I'm a glass cannon: My build is entirelly based on one shotting enemies with crits. In exchange, I have no endurance and also die as easily as my enemies. I hope to counter this by sticking to sniper rifles to outrange enemies, but there's always the chance that the enemy I'm fighting also has a sniper rifle.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2018, 08:26:06 pm »

I'm a glass cannon: My build is entirelly based on one shotting enemies with crits. In exchange, I have no endurance and also die as easily as my enemies. I hope to counter this by sticking to sniper rifles to outrange enemies, but there's always the chance that the enemy I'm fighting also has a sniper rifle.
And yet despite being glass cannoned, you're back at full health thanks to a stimpack, as if nothing even happened to you.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 12, 2018, 08:34:29 pm »

You didn't target or attack me. My character is Edgar.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2018, 04:01:15 am »

Shoot him in the head, or torso preferably the head.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 13, 2018, 10:28:37 pm »

Shoot him in the head, or torso preferably the head.

49-20-30-4*0+16*3= 47%. Could make a headshot with 7%.
Roll 69. Miss either way :V
Crit roll 2. The first Jinxed!
Crit failure, small gun, Frank's luck is 6.
Roll 2. Frank loses the rest of his ammunition (0/10)

It is now Vakk's turn, unless I got turned around at some point.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2018, 10:57:32 am »

It is Vakk's turn, I think.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2018, 12:05:23 pm »

Punch hikano's face in twice, try to loot a stimpak from his unconscious/dead body, and heal myself  with it if successful

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2018, 12:06:31 pm »

Dammit' I'm too pretty for this.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2018, 01:00:21 pm »

I think it would be better to either focus on the medic or attacking everyone with unaimed punches.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2018, 01:06:14 pm »

I think it would be better to either focus on the medic or attacking everyone with unaimed punches.
I did the second option last turn, and look where that got me. A crit that nearly killed me. So I am attacking who I think the medic is (it's hard to tell without player characters being labeled with their respective players) and trying to heal myself in the process so I don't die instantly.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2018, 01:11:10 pm »

Punch hikano's face in twice, try to loot a stimpak from his unconscious/dead body, and heal myself  with it if successful

"I'm a girl you idiot!"

[OoC, my character is the girl. The only one.]

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2018, 01:26:00 pm »

"I'm a girl you idiot!"

[OoC, my character is the girl. The only one.]
Well to be fair, he didn't say anything, and if you want a IC reason, he thinks all humans look the same.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2018, 01:29:04 pm »

... GM, when is my turn?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25