Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game OOC (7/X)  (Read 26041 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game Interest Check/Testing
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2018, 08:05:19 am »

move 4 tiles south, then perform a three (strong) punch combo, two in the chest one in the head. Knock em out cold!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2018, 12:33:22 pm »

"I can't believe it! The Overseer was a Deathclaw this whole time! I swear, if anyone else here is also secretly an animal, I'm shooting you right now.

Perception check to notice if Blaine is a dog?

Roll 100. Fail. Jinxed! 1/2. 1. Critical Fail. (I may have rigged the results).

You notice that Blaine is, in fact, a dog. Not only is Blaine a dog, but so is Frank, Hikano, and the deathclaw in front of you. Your mother was a dog. Your father was a dog. You are a dog. Everything and everyone is a dog.

Meanwhile the Deathclaw murders its first victim.
90-15=75. Roll 6
20-2= 18 base. 4 DR, 14 final damage.
54. 14 damage
75-40=35 Roll 12
Roll crit 6
Roll crit chart 51
Damage * 2.5 En-3 KO
Hit 28

Total 28+14+14 for 56, Hikano dies.

So guess who is already getting hit with the nerf hammer. This is exactly what the test runs are for :V

Regular punch power, same hits
Attack becomes 4-12
First hit is 8, -2 for 6 base, 5 damage finale
Second hit is 7, -2 for base 5, 4 damage finale
Third hit is crit, 7 base *2.5 17.5 base -2 15.5 DR 25 for 12 final damage

Total damage 21, Hikano survives with 1 HP left. A bit more reasonable.
Roll 6, autofail the endurance check. Hikano is KOed.

RIP anyway I guess. Will wake up in 7 turns.

It is now everyone who isn't a death claw's turn.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2018, 12:42:28 pm »

Move 1 space north, Aimed Shot to the eyes of the Deathclaw Dog!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2018, 01:06:36 pm »

...I... Am far too beu............

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2018, 01:41:46 pm »

Edgar makes the bold move to engage the Deathclaw at close range. New sheet layout:

Spoiler: Edgar (click to show/hide)

55-30+16*8-4*0-60-20= 73%
Roll 96, miss.
1/2 crit failure, 2, not a crit failure.

Edgar looks the beast right in the eye, aiming a shot. He must still be reeling from the "everyone is a dog!" revelations, as he misses the shot.

Also 13-4-3-3-4=-1. I need to/should have down graded Vakk's head shot to a torso shot, as he didn't have the action points necessary for an aimed headshot. It is no longer a crit, and is instead a 4 damage attack. Hikano is still standing with 9 HP left.

Still everyone but Hikano, then deathclaw, then Hikano.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2018, 01:51:28 pm »

Wait, there's an AP cost for going after specific body parts in hand to hand? How much?
Also, you already downgraded my strong attacks (which essentially are supposed to reward me for being a strong deathclaw) down to normal attacks. Wasn't that enough of a debuff?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:53:16 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2018, 02:00:26 pm »

Wait, there's an AP cost for going after specific body parts in hand to hand? How much?
Also, you already downgraded my strong attacks (which essentially are supposed to reward me for being a strong deathclaw) down to normal attacks. Wasn't that enough of a debuff?

It was the only debuff you got so far. There has always been an AP cost for aimed shots, one more than the normal shot cost. A normal punch costs 3AP, so an aimed punch costs 4AP. A 10mm pistol shot costs 5AP, so an aimed pistol shot costs 6AP.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2018, 02:03:03 pm »

It was the only debuff you got so far. There has always been an AP cost for aimed shots, one more than the normal shot cost. A normal punch costs 3AP, so an aimed punch costs 4AP. A 10mm pistol shot costs 5AP, so an aimed pistol shot costs 6AP.
I thought one was unable to aim melee? And if you add Slayer and Better Criticals to that, you become an instakill murdermachine.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2018, 02:07:58 pm »

What weapons do we have?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2018, 02:08:54 pm »

I thought one was unable to aim melee? And if you add Slayer and Better Criticals to that, you become an instakill murdermachine.

That is generally true for the Fallout 3+ games, for the 2d generation you can aim with melee weapons the same way you can aim with range weapons.
Punching to the head is generally the most effective boxing move, for example.

What weapons do we have?

10mm pistols, 5 Stimpacks, Cow Cake chems, and your choice of miscellaneous items.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:10:41 pm by Stirk »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2018, 02:25:47 pm »

You forget that I don't have access to slayer OR better criticals, but on top of that there are plans to reduce my initial deathclaw bonuses to scale with level ups.
Edit: also, I cannot use guns OR melee weapons OR armor, unless stirk introduces custom deathclaw-fit armor.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:27:51 pm by Dustan Hache »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2018, 02:30:56 pm »

You forget that I don't have access to slayer OR better criticals, but on top of that there are plans to reduce my initial deathclaw bonuses to scale with level ups.

You have access to Slayer, it is just a high level Perk. It turns all your hits into crits, so it kinda has to be high level.
You don't have Better Crits, but that is just how you built your character :V.

I mean you just ran across the battlefield and basically killed someone/would have KOed them in one turn. There is a realistic chance of you defeating the rest of the team combined. You are not underpowered by any reasonable metric.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2018, 02:36:27 pm »

It's still a 4 v 1, and I cannot perform ranged combat. All they have to do is spread out and whittle me down/kite me. Oh, and did I mention I can't use armor to boost my stats/get slayer during the play test?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2018, 02:48:14 pm »

It's still a 4 v 1, and I cannot perform ranged combat. All they have to do is spread out and whittle me down/kite me. Oh, and did I mention I can't use armor to boost my stats/get slayer during the play test?

Kite you? You ain't an AI. They have one guy who can hit you at range reliably, and you have 3 over the maximum human AP. Trying to shoot takes up half of their maximum AP, and you can walk across almost the entire room in a single turn.

Besides, the entire play test is to see how overpowered you are. In the odd case where you are beaten too easily, I can always give buffs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2018, 02:50:44 pm »

[Very much in favor of dogpiling him. And I can run/kite, it hasn't been 12 hours yet, so I have 10 AP.

Fire the Canons!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25