Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game OOC (7/X)  (Read 25985 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game Interest Check/Testing
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2018, 03:44:12 pm »

Edgar: 8 AP. Assuming it is also in your second slot, then no. 2 to eat, 6 to take an aimed shot. You could do both, but could not also move.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2018, 04:23:24 pm »

Move to 4,3 and eat the Cow Cake. Don't do anything again.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2018, 04:31:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is your sheet, modified with the "probably deathclaw modifiers". No idea how to merge "Kamakazi" and "Death Claws can't wear armor so they get natural AC" together.
No idea how that will workout. No idea how to balance this with a starting group either.

Edgar devours a Cow Cake (I really should be consistent with naming when the game actually starts) ration and moves closer to his target, while still remaining out of his line of fire.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2018, 04:43:49 pm »

If you feel kamikaze is a problem for you, I will switch it out for heavy handed.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2018, 05:08:20 pm »

If you feel kamikaze is a problem for you, I will switch it out for heavy handed.

Probably won't be, I'll just drop your Agility AC while keeping the rest. AC sucks anyway :V.

The bigger problem would be balancing, given that you are the only combat focused character and also a minmaxed deathclaw. Its more about how progression would go, if I let you have the full deathclaw stats from the beginning you will end up showing up the rest of the party until eventually everyone gets power armor and your tissue paper hide gets riddled with minigun bullets. If I slow down your progression and give you access to armor later, you would be slightly less ahead of everyone for the entire game. Your low Int stat means that you would stay behind a bit, but you really only need one skill and you would max it out eventually :V.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2018, 05:23:28 pm »

Probably won't be, I'll just drop your Agility AC while keeping the rest. AC sucks anyway :V.

The bigger problem would be balancing, given that you are the only combat focused character and also a minmaxed deathclaw. Its more about how progression would go, if I let you have the full deathclaw stats from the beginning you will end up showing up the rest of the party until eventually everyone gets power armor and your tissue paper hide gets riddled with minigun bullets. If I slow down your progression and give you access to armor later, you would be slightly less ahead of everyone for the entire game. Your low Int stat means that you would stay behind a bit, but you really only need one skill and you would max it out eventually :V.
It's not like a talking deathclaw is going to make many friends. No need for charisma, little chance of proper gambling and thus less need for luck, and as for perception that is more important to guns (which deathclaws don't use).
Intelligence and perception will be targets for skill points, with maybe a hint of luck as well... but yeah, not much reason to get anything beyond those.

As for full deathclaw modifiers, you could have him start as a hatchling, and each level up grows him slightly, unlocking a portion of his full racial bonuses.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 05:25:02 pm by Dustan Hache »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2018, 05:27:52 pm »

It's not like a talking deathclaw is going to make many friends. No need for charisma, little chance of proper gambling and thus less need for luck, and as for perception that is more important to guns (which deathclaws don't use).
Intelligence and perception will be targets for skill points, with maybe a hint of luck as well... but yeah, not much reason to get anything beyond those.

I understand the reason for it, but even the second best fighter still sucks compared to the Deathclaw, even if you were both human :V.

Skill points can't be used to raise SPECAL, just skills. That is why they are called skill points. You can increase SPECIAL by getting a perk, but only once per SPECIAL stat.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2018, 05:31:26 pm »

I see.. Let me readjust my stats in that case. I don't want to be entirely minmaxed if I can't get more points for SPECIAL easily.
Edit: stats adjusted, less endurance and agility, more luck, perception, and intelligence
Edit: I noticed that outdoorsman is not tagged. Is that intentional?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 05:38:20 pm by Dustan Hache »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2018, 05:47:15 pm »

I just forget to TAGGED sometimes. Still havn't TAGGED Edgar's stuff, but all the numbers are correct to the old values.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2018, 07:48:22 pm »

Once this fight ends, I would like to use a different sheet for the rest of the test (if there's any testing left to do) and the game proper.

Spoiler: Lucky Seven (click to show/hide)

After thinking about it for a while, I decided to move two points into strenght to be able to use long range weapons. I can increase those two stats to 10 later.

Tagging speech and having 9 CH might be overkill, decided to reduce it to 6 as that's more than enough. This let's me go to 10 LK and 10 Ag, more crits and Ap.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:12:56 am by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2018, 07:52:40 pm »

If I havn't mentioned it yet, you get a penalty if your Strength is under the strength requirement for your gun.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2018, 08:15:44 pm »

i'll change a point from Intelligence to Strength. I'm happy using light small guns and I can get more strenght later.

EDIT: There's also Weapon Handling, which gives more than enough. And Power Armor also increases Strenght.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:19:48 pm by randomgenericusername »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2018, 08:25:46 pm »

i'll change a point from Intelligence to Strength. I'm happy using light small guns and I can get more strenght later.

EDIT: There's also Weapon Handling, which gives more than enough. And Power Armor also increases Strenght.

You can build it however you want, I just haven't mentioned that yet and thought it was a good time :V. Both Weapon Handling and Power Armor are pretty far off.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2018, 08:34:20 pm »

Alright. Talking about perks, if one were to reach level 6, would they be able to still pick a perk from level 3?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25