Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game OOC (7/X)  (Read 25989 times)

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game Interest Check/Testing
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2018, 07:57:57 am »

Name: Blaine
Strength: 4
Perception: 8
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 7
Luck: 1
Tagged skills: Sneak, Doctor, first aid
Traits:Jinxed: All misses have 50% chance to upgrade to critical miss. Don't take this one if you don't want your party to kill you.   Good Natured: +15%  peaceful skills, -10% violent skills

Additional info:
Birthplace: Vault 66
Description: A tall, seemingly young man. He has pure white hair, but its questionable whether its natural or not, and brown eyes.

Blaine was never really a fighter, as he was frankly not good at it. Becase of this fact, during the rebellion, Blaine tried his best to avoid the fighting, and instead went around treating people after the fight in the area concluded. The fact that the universe seems to hate him also had a large part in those actions, as things seem to go wrong around him a lot more then normal. He ended up joining the search squad because of his medical skills, and in hope of fixing his terrible luck somewhere along the way.

I have never played a fallout game, and I have almost no clue how things work, but this seems interesting.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2018, 12:36:04 pm »

Shoot Hikano in the torso.

49-9-15-30-4*2+16*3=35% chance

Roll 34. Hit.

(35-34)/10 rounded down =0. No bonus. Final Crit chance 6%
Roll 65. No crit.
7 for damage, *2 ammo, -2 DT, DR 25+25=50. Total base 12, 6 after DR.

Hikano takes another bullet to the torso! The unlucky rebel starts bleeding from her side. Hikano 16/22

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hikano (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Edgar (click to show/hide)

It is now Hikano's turn, then Edgar's. As a note, neither of you have taken your chems yet. If you wish to do so, you have to do so during the game so I can test how it works.

Name: Blaine
Strength: 4
Perception: 8
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 7
Luck: 1
Tagged skills: Sneak, Doctor, first aid
Traits:Jinxed: All misses have 50% chance to upgrade to critical miss. Don't take this one if you don't want your party to kill you.   Good Natured: +15%  peaceful skills, -10% violent skills

Additional info:
Birthplace: Vault 66
Description: A tall, seemingly young man. He has pure white hair, but its questionable whether its natural or not, and brown eyes.

Blaine was never really a fighter, as he was frankly not good at it. Becase of this fact, during the rebellion, Blaine tried his best to avoid the fighting, and instead went around treating people after the fight in the area concluded. The fact that the universe seems to hate him also had a large part in those actions, as things seem to go wrong around him a lot more then normal. He ended up joining the search squad because of his medical skills, and in hope of fixing his terrible luck somewhere along the way.

I have never played a fallout game, and I have almost no clue how things work, but this seems interesting.

In Fallout 2, there is a special encounter known as the Pariah Dog. Meeting him and failing a luck check means he joins your party, lowering your luck to 1 and giving you the Jinxed trait.

Most players end up killing it to free themselves from the curse. I won't stop you from using the build, but there is a fair chance the other players will hate you for using it :P.

This is your sheet including skills and derived statistics. Is this correct?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2018, 12:38:18 pm »

Use Cow Patty.

Can I lockpick the cages?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2018, 12:51:14 pm »

Use Cow Patty.

Can I lockpick the cages?

Sure. It costs 4 AP to access your inventory (2 if you have it readied in your secondary slot, which we will say you do). It also costs 2 AP per attempt at opening a lock in combat.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2018, 01:02:36 pm »

+1 to all special for 2 AP. Lockpick attempt 3-4 to 3-3{Black}, then move to 7,2.(7,1 if Special boost also boosts AP for the turn)

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2018, 01:12:46 pm »

In Fallout 2, there is a special encounter known as the Pariah Dog. Meeting him and failing a luck check means he joins your party, lowering your luck to 1 and giving you the Jinxed trait.

Most players end up killing it to free themselves from the curse. I won't stop you from using the build, but there is a fair chance the other players will hate you for using it :P.

Looks fine to me.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2018, 01:13:43 pm »

Hey stirk, when testing is done can I join as a... unconventional character? I've already set up for this thanks to a (currently dead) fallout RTD by sprinkled chariot.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2018, 01:33:23 pm »

I don't want to risk having the side effects of eating the cow cake, also I'm going to wait for the results of Hikano's action before doing my action.

Hey stirk, when testing is done can I join as a... unconventional character? I've already set up for this thanks to a (currently dead) fallout RTD by sprinkled chariot.

You mean like a Deathclaw? They were actually playable in Fallout Tactics, if I remember correctly.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2018, 01:52:47 pm »

I see someone has done their homework both in terms of what I was referring to and in terms of game information.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2018, 01:53:53 pm »

AP bonus does not apply until next turn.

Boosted lockpick: 35 Difficulty +0
Roll 46

Hikano tries and fails to release the Madman from his Cage, after having ingested the ration of Cow Pie. Instead she makes a run from the gunman. (Now you just have 4 Stimpacks, which you will have to open your inventory to get to. Once there you can move them to your open slot, were they will take 2 AP each.)

Looks fine to me.

Last chance to change. Jinxed applies to everyone on the map, if your comrades end up exploding their weapons and killing themselves it is on your head.

Unconventional in what way? RGU is right in that they were playable in Tactics, Fallout 2 also had talking Deathclaws with one as a companion. The stats are technically there, but I'd have to think about it.

And again, the Test Fight is non-canon. The side effects won't actually effect you in game, unless you are a Vault Dweller who explicitly ate them before.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2018, 02:08:27 pm »

What are my stats right now?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2018, 02:12:33 pm »

No talking deathclaws, just "vaguely intelligent" deathclaws. Talking can come later when I get above 4 intelligence. I'll put up a sheet sometime today.

Edit: sheet.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 05:32:42 pm by Dustan Hache »

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2018, 02:17:33 pm »

Looks fine to me.

Last chance to change. Jinxed applies to everyone on the map, if your comrades end up exploding their weapons and killing themselves it is on your head.
On one hand, I'm not suicidal, but on the other hand I will end up with a empty trait spot that I have nothing I want to put in it. I will need to contemplate on this.

Edit: Lets leave it in for the testing, then afterwords it can be removed.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 02:25:26 pm by impcamper »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2018, 03:04:33 pm »

On one hand, I'm not suicidal, but on the other hand I will end up with a empty trait spot that I have nothing I want to put in it. I will need to contemplate on this.

Edit: Lets leave it in for the testing, then afterwords it can be removed.

We really don't have a lot of testing left to do.
I guess I could put you up against the Deathclaw wannabe to see what happens.

What are my stats right now?

Do I have to calculate all of them? Aww :V

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2018, 03:26:11 pm »

Do I have enoug AP to eat the Cow Cake, move to 2,5 (4 AP) aim and shoot Frank? If I can, what would be the hit chance of aiming to the eyes and to the groin?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25