Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Chess: Turn 1 (2 slots left)  (Read 4909 times)

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Chess
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 01:35:19 pm »

be black pawn in front of Queen Knight (b7)
Advance one space then complain about the lack of bow and arrows.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 05:11:58 am »

Be a black pawn, demand equality of movement to all pieces
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 04:05:02 pm »

Before I get on with the turn, here's a brief lesson on chess notation; rows are numbered from bottom to top, and columns are lettered from left to right in lowercase. Bottom-left square is a1, the square to its right is b1, above a1 is a2...you get the picture.

Be the white pawn at f2. Move to f3.

There is literally no way this can go wrong.
(3) Despite your initiative, you trip and fall on your face on your first step. f3 is within your reach…
Be a black pawn, add another row to the board.
You are at h7.
(2) You try pushing your row apart from the one in front of it, hoping to make the space between them a new row, but the board is just too sturdy.
Black Pawn at g7. Sell the Knight at G8 some crack. Brand it as some kind of combat stim or something.
(6) In exchange for some literal scraps of paper, you are able to sell him your “jump enhancing crack”. He tries to rub it on himself, and nothing happens. Before you can tell him how to actually use crack, he hits himself hard enough to get an actual crack. He seems satisfied…for now.
Be the white queen's rook's pawn. Move forward two spaces.
Be the white pawn at a2. Move to a4.

I am the pawn at a2! There can be only one!
Also be the white pawn at a2. Actually be three checkers stacked on top of each other, wearing a white trenchcoat.
And I don't want to move to a4.

Well, this could get interesting. Who gets the right to be the a2 pawn?
(TheTwoEternities- 6; FallacyOfUrist- 6; Glass- 1)
Glass, sadly, you’re just another pawn at c2. But you do think you are a checker, so that must count for something. The other 2 of you, though…are a little split. Split personalities, that is. At least you were able to get to a4 with your semblance of coordination.
Be a white pawn. Start a presidential election
You are at h2.
(4) You manage to prepare an election, with friendly pieces ready to count votes and questions for the interviews with the candidates…but you don’t actually have any willing candidates…yet. Across the board, it seems a power struggle is in place. They might be good choices.
ASSUME CONTROL OF WHITE PAWN AT G2. MOVE FORWARDS TWO SPACES.
(6) YOU BOLDLY STEP FORWARD ONTO G3, THEN STAMP YOUR WHOLE BODY UPON THE SPACE OF G4…AAaaand you’re stuck.
Be the white pawn at B2. Attempt to fuse with the knight to make a combination piece.
(3) You’re able to ride the knight at b1, and they don’t seem to mind much. However, the white king points out that this means you moved diagonally backward, which would be an illegal move, so they command you to return to b2, and the knight pushes you off onto it.
Be the Black Pawn, Replace the King.
You are at e7.
(6-2) Turning around, you rush onto e8 and throw your King behind you, back where you once were! You are still a pawn, though, since you don’t really have a crown, among other things. Angered at the disrespect and his new vulnerability, the king yells at you and asks you to give him his metaphorical throne back! You can barely hear the rest of what he’s saying over some fool ranting about the tyranny of unequal mobility.
Pawn at A7

Perform an eldritch ritual on the rook at A8 in order to gain more power, specifically its ability to move any distance along the board, but anything better than what I have will do.

(2) You are unable to channel any form of magic power, so your miscellaneous chants do little other than confusing the rook. Besides, there’s a big difference between being able to move a certain way and being allowed to.
Be Me
Pawn at C7
Become a skeleton

(4) You manage to turn yourself from wood to bone, but, thankfully, you’re still painted black.
Be a black pawn and turn into a horse then move forward.
You are at f7.
(1) In trying to get on all fours in preparation, you pull a few wood fibers. It’s nothing too major, but it’ll take a turn to recover.
be black pawn in front of Queen Knight (b7)
Advance one space then complain about the lack of bow and arrows.

(5) You trod forward in a dejected-looking manner, and your whines can be heard across the board.

“Can we at least TRY bows and arrows? They’re worth a shot…”

Be a black pawn, demand equality of movement to all pieces
You are at d7.
(6) You repeatedly claim that all pieces should be allowed to move the exact same way, and repeat how it works so well for checkers, but the king is a little too preoccupied with reclaiming e8 to listen. Everyone else just ignores you. Trying harder to get their attention, you briefly lose your voice.

Spoiler: Important Pieces (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Chess: Turn 1 (2 slots left)
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 04:16:14 pm »

Whisper to the bishop next to me that the crown is his for the taking so that he attacks the Black King, then command the knight to attack the piece at E-7 and deliver me it's belongings.

Woo the Queen once the crown is mine.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2018, 04:19:17 pm »

Be the pawn at d2 and charge forward 2 spaces to d4.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 04:33:51 pm »

Move to B3. I must get to the side of the board, so that nobody can hop me!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 04:56:03 pm »

Black Pawn at G7. Get that knight to snort that crack and send him on a rampage! Offer LSD to the Rook

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 05:21:54 pm »

Black Pawn at H7. Levitate Into the air.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 05:23:44 pm »

Declare me for candidacy and ask the bow guy and split personality if they want to participate against me

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 05:49:30 pm »

Mode diagonally to g3 and capture Yoink's stuck piece.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 06:41:59 pm »

scream rude words at pawn in a4. If it advances one space consume it and absorb it's power if it doesn't just wait.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 08:05:01 pm »

Move from a7 to a6

Continue eldritch chantings in order to summon a nether-being to do my bidding.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 08:17:51 pm »

Shoot the black king with a bow and arrow.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2018, 11:32:54 pm »

I won't let it slide
Destroy E6 in the loudest most noticeable way possible
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2018, 12:18:10 am »

Turn into a Berolina Pawn. If that doesn't work, flip sideways and pretend to be one.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 12:27:35 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3