Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: chaos continuation committee / exit the place  (Read 17741 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: chaos continuation committee
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2018, 07:22:07 am »

"No."

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2018, 12:32:07 pm »

"SILENCE! YOU'LL NEVER DESTROY MY HOMELAND BEFORE I DO!"
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2018, 12:34:02 pm »

I will read it later
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

eggnog101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2018, 01:46:27 pm »

I march on the Imperial Box with a legion of marble statues of roman legionaries while cosplaying as Mark Antony.

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2018, 02:34:56 pm »

Vis Scan: see if they can do some freaky shit, or non-freaky shit.

SingularSpades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2018, 03:02:59 pm »

>don’t attack Augustus
>salute him and speak the proper phrase.
Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant

anaphaxeton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
chaos continuation committee - roma est in arabia II
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2018, 03:07:40 pm »

Turn 8.
Go on a monologue of my own about the foolishness of progressive ideals, and accuse the entire CCC box of being 'dirty liberals'.
You, Nick Land, walk up to the CCC box. "Liberty is consumption, a never-ending assimilation of all things into the wonders of the state. The assumption of the position of emperor and dictator reflects this." The CCC box doesn't listen: they reject you with a resounding cackle. It's like Mr. Doctor's come back to life. Still, it's not like every member of the CCC has ironclad will -- something about the very action of your speech causes that guy who opposed "Augustus" to suddenly awaken.

Float up through Flight with my Light energy.

"Taste my Magic. Axel-Shooter!~Shoot!"

Magic blasts out of the Light Spheres and homes in on the Emperor's box, aimed at the Augustus and the mysterious man.
(5 homing blasts  at a time)

Throw a rose at the Flag holder's knee. Another appears in my hand.
The mysterious man is on the other side, so your shots split in half. Three make direct contact with "Augustus", searing parts of the marble statue, while two head the mysterious man. He waves his flag: the light spheres dissipate into thin air.

"Such curses are not befit in his wondrous house," he says. Anti-magic? Anti-magic.

Try hit some rocks with my secret wepon
You hit some rocks with your secret weapon. They aren't instantly destroyed. They don't even apparently seem to change. I guess that's the power of secrets.

Blend into the cabal. Avoid notice.
You successfully blend into the cabal. They don't appear to be talking about anything.

Turn 7.1.
As you begin to assault "Augustus", he quickly asks a question[sic] before anything bad actually happens to him.
"Is anyone going to notice or sign my quality contract?"
Included for context.

Run forward and strike Augustus with my GM railroad.
"Augustus" is damaged slightly, and vibrates for a matter of seconds before swinging back at you! Your aura takes very slight damage.

"No."
"Augustus" reacts with the truest of horror.

"SILENCE! YOU'LL NEVER DESTROY MY HOMELAND BEFORE I DO!"
"Ah. I see that you are one of the others who wants to burn down reality and remake its ashes. The monopoly on that is ours."

I will read it later
Hah, you read the contracts? Corporations must hate you.

I march on the Imperial Box with a legion of marble statues of roman legionaries while cosplaying as Mark Antony.
"Augustus" sees that you have stolen his trick. He salutes to the air and vibrates, convulses, again. You rush towards "Augustus" and send him tumbling towards the ground. As you approach, the other CCC members disappear into thin air, before appearing in the senator's section, nearer to the mysterious man.

Vis Scan: see if they can do some freaky shit, or non-freaky shit.
They can do freaky shit. Freaky, freaky, shit.

>don’t attack Augustus
>salute him and speak the proper phrase.
Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant
"Ita vero."
He presents you with the contract.

"Augustus" and the CCC make no motion.

"Do you really and truly deign to refuse us?"

The mysterious man judges it all.

Event 1: ?.
Spoiler: Player Statistics (click to show/hide)

You are in the CCC Colosseum. A CCC defector has joined you.

Standing in the emperor's box is somebody roleplaying as "Augustus Caesar", while on the other side is a mysterious man whose name sounds vaguely like ███ ██-██████. "Augustus Caesar"'s body is a marble statue with several burn marks, and a crack in its side. The mysterious man is accompanied by several members of the Chaos Continuation Committee.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:42:37 pm by anaphaxeton »
"Permission to fight has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory." -- The Quran, Sahih International 22:39.

“And when that day comes, I know you will move to the sound of the guns and do your duty, and you will fight, and you will win.” -- Mike Pence, to West Point graduates.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2018, 04:13:30 pm »

"Right. Secrets, Vis, you're up."

Grab a hold of them(Rockeater & TrickleJest) with my light and throw them at the mysterious man.

Point my Cane at Augustus- "Divi-ine~ Buster!"
[A huge blast(Ball/beam) of Magical Energy is shot at Augustus]

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2018, 04:23:08 pm »

Find the most comfortable way to hold my wepon and hit one of the walls
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2018, 04:30:18 pm »

Continue ranting with the goal of converting any receptive members of the CCC box into neoreactionaries and just generally fucking with the nonreceptive members.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2018, 05:01:45 pm »

Begin to subvert the cabal.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2018, 05:10:29 pm »

Welp. I guess I'm not an infiltrator anymore, if I'm being thrown at 'em. Oh well. Might as well do it now. Holding out my Vis ball, I bend my arm around the mysterious man. My nose presses up against the nose of the man, as I smile at him. "Hello, friend." I grin, smacking my head against his. Then, as it happens, I smack the ball of Vis into him, ramming it into his back and shattering every bone in his back. Once it dissipates, I bounce back and disappear in a flash.

And hey, TricMagic, what's your deal? Why'd you toss me like that? I was blending in, you know.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 05:57:05 pm by TrickleJest »

SingularSpades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2018, 07:51:14 pm »

>read the contract carefully

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2018, 03:25:37 am »

Use pieces of the railroad to make some armor and try to strengthen my aura.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

anaphaxeton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
chaos continuation committee - roma est in arabia III
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2018, 01:40:02 pm »

Turn 9.
"Right. Secrets, Vis, you're up."

Grab a hold of them(Rockeater & TrickleJest) with my light and throw them at the mysterious man.

Point my Cane at Augustus- "Divi-ine~ Buster!"
[A huge blast(Ball/beam) of Magical Energy is shot at Augustus]
For whatever reason, you decide to pick up a magic user (and a guy with a really cool sword), and throw them at a guy whose only defining feature is his ability to use anti-magic. The mysterious man points his white flag towards the two you throw. Trickle's vis is immediately disabled, and the ball of Mr. Doctor's vis that he was apparently still carrying rapidly destablises! Rockeater's secret weapon isn't affected, because it's shhhhhecret. Both Rockeater and Trickle crash into the mysterious man.

"Ah, I see! In this place, there exist many cursed charismata, strange and devilish abilities that manifest in order to bring the world into madness! Why charismata? -- for they pretend to be of divine providence. Indeed, everything in this nightmare claims divine providence. Still, the nightmare must be endured to bring about cleansing, rebirth, and kingdom!"

I'd suspect they look at the mysterious man strangely.

You apply a Divine Buster, Master Spark, or whatever form of anime laser you prefer (what? you outright stated Divine Buster?) to "Augustus". A majority of his body appears scorched, and he appears to be becoming closer and closer to crumbling to bits.

Find the most comfortable way to hold my wepon and hit one of the walls
You hit one of the walls, causing it to be changed in some secret fashion. Unfortunately, the wall is (supposed to be) big and strong and now battered. It breaks open. You look at the newly opened rift, and realise that this isn't the Rome you're probably familiar with. Inside and around this Colosseum is no greenery, no sign of urbanisation. It's simply desert.

You feel like you caused that in some ineffable way.

Continue ranting with the goal of converting any receptive members of the CCC box into neoreactionaries and just generally fucking with the nonreceptive members.
You continue ranting. While the remaining members of the CCC don't seem as receptive to your subversive rhetoric, you feel like your words have, as the mysterious man said, 'divine' providence. Perhaps not divine, but preternatural? "Augustus" seems quite annoyed. He convulses again, and begins to melt.

Begin to subvert the cabal.
You, on the other hand, are working from the inside. You ask everyone around if "Nick Land" has a few good points. One of them says that they're a Discordian monarchist, and that they're not really fond of the party line. Another says that this entire place scares them. You start to point out flaws in the CCC's ideology, and successfully convert 5 of them to your team.

Welp. I guess I'm not an infiltrator anymore, if I'm being thrown at 'em. Oh well. Might as well do it now. Holding out my Vis ball, I bend my arm around the mysterious man. My nose presses up against the nose of the man, as I smile at him. "Hello, friend." I grin, smacking my head against his. Then, as it happens, I smack the ball of Vis into him, ramming it into his back and shattering every bone in his back. Once it dissipates, I bounce back and disappear in a flash.

And hey, TricMagic, what's your deal? Why'd you toss me like that? I was blending in, you know.
You smack the mysterious man with a ball. He is too slow to raise his flag, and gets slammed.

"Cursed child, I may be battered and beaten, but my vague and nigh-heretical allies in the Convention come."

>read the contract carefully

"This contract represents a pact between two parties: 'the people', a bunch of random people we dragged here, and the Chaos Continuation Committee. Still, we are required to state that this contract represents an oath taken by these two parties under their own decision and 'liberty', and that both parties are equally responsible for the consequences of their actions, and whatever is invoked by the signing of this. Upon the signing of a single actor (who represents the interests of 'the People', even if other members of 'the People' disagree), 'the People' give their permission to let reality be reorganised in the vision of the Chaos Continuation Committee."

Use pieces of the railroad to make some armor and try to strengthen my aura.
You consume 3x railroad components to create some Plot Armour! This increases your aura by 3 points.

arabia uber alles

"Augustus Caesar" remains in marble statue form, despite battering. Still, he does not quite aggrieve anyone as of this moment.

"You all still have an opportunity to annihilate reality in favour of our vision: one with liberty and freedom, community and self-control. What do you say, SingularSpades?" I don't know about you guys, but I think he's lying through his teeth.

The mysterious man looks at TrickleJest and cackles.

"I do not quite trust Córdoba, but they have the backing of my dearest comrades. I suppose that I will have to do this for them." The mysterious man approaches TrickleJest. "In the name of the poeple of the book, and our God, I shall steal your voice." He picks up the VOX, and runs away. You feel a strange thing tearing at your vis, and find that the Vis Hotspot is reduced to 1, though all of your vis has been exhausted prior due to the mysterious man's anti-magic.

Event 1: ?.
Spoiler: Player Statistics (click to show/hide)

"Oh, so you guys are basically NPCs in real life‽‽‽"
6x CCC Defectors.

"Augustus Caesar."
a lot of CCC members

Mysterious Man / ███ ██-██████. He ditched!

DESCRIPTION.
You are in the CCC Colosseum. Several CCC defectors have joined you. About half of them are Landites.

Standing in the emperor's box is somebody roleplaying as "Augustus Caesar". "Augustus Caesar"'s body is a marble statue with major burn marks covering it, alongside several cracks. Several members of the Chaos Continuation Committee stand in the senator's seating area.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:42:49 pm by anaphaxeton »
"Permission to fight has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory." -- The Quran, Sahih International 22:39.

“And when that day comes, I know you will move to the sound of the guns and do your duty, and you will fight, and you will win.” -- Mike Pence, to West Point graduates.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10