Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403466 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3420 on: December 29, 2020, 05:52:18 am »

((NAV, you're on the bore right? We could play out the first meeting then since we're in the fluid in-between missions time if you want. If you're content as is though then never mind, just a suggestion.))
((I am interested. Right now I am in the workshop with Naturegirl.))

((Let's say this is before Adam leaves for the diving vault then for convenience.))
"Hey Rhea! We're back from the ruins, guess what we foun-

Oh, erm, hello there. Friend of yours, Rhea?"

Kara's crystal friend walks up to Kara (and within earshot of Adam if possible) and chimes three times before a voice starts emanating from it

"Test test, is this thing on? Hello, can you guys hear me? It's Clate. I'm still in the, uh, ruin, but things are wrapping up here in a manner of speaking."

((Not sure where Kara is right now so dunno if Adam could hear it.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3421 on: December 29, 2020, 06:08:41 am »

((I'll say I'm back at the bore, since we're in that fluid in between time. Sorry for not RPing as much, a bit busy at this time.))

"Oh! That's good, erm, good to hear. So are you... Did you jump into Crystal Friend or... I mean, are you still, you know, you? Are there more of you? How does this work? I'm sorry if it sounds weird, this is all new to me."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: December 29, 2020, 10:20:30 am »

"No, I'm still here in the ruin. I'm just sending a, let's say, signal to crystal friend with my voice. Kinda using it as a two way radio of sorts.

Your other question is harder to answer, I'm afraid. I'm still me for the most part. But I'm also the crystal? It's this strange mix between still being myself while at the same time being connected to both the Overmind and all of the crystal creatures at the same time. I try not to thing to hard about it, it's more of an instinctual thing than something you can really put into words."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: December 29, 2020, 10:39:40 am »

"Wow, amazing! You're already coming into your own with all these new powers, very nice.

I set up that meeting, so if you want once you're ready you can come to the bore and we can see how we'll go about it. Or I can have a first meeting with Leon to feel things out so to speak, your choice really."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: December 29, 2020, 10:48:21 am »

"Excellent, Friend Adam. I'd have to make a small preparation, but I should be free to join you for this meeting as soon as needed.

I do think coming empty handed isn't ideal. I should probably have some sort of gift for this Leon, as a token of goodwill. Any ideas?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: December 29, 2020, 10:55:05 am »

"Excellent, Friend Adam. I'd have to make a small preparation, but I should be free to join you for this meeting as soon as needed.

I do think coming empty handed isn't ideal. I should probably have some sort of gift for this Leon, as a token of goodwill. Any ideas?"

"Hmm. An obvious thing would be a crystal baby and a rod to control it, but that might be a bit much for a first meeting.

Say, remember that crystal telescope I once found, the one that should allow looking through solid stone without diving? If we can get that thing working properly in a way that doesn't require you to be nearby all the time to power it, that would be a nice initial gift I think. Then if Leon likes the idea and he starts talking to some higher-ups we you could still offer something else grander to seal the deal. How does that sound?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: December 29, 2020, 11:02:04 am »

((NAV, you're on the bore right? We could play out the first meeting then since we're in the fluid in-between missions time if you want. If you're content as is though then never mind, just a suggestion.))

((Let's say this is before Adam leaves for the diving vault then for convenience.))

well, he hasn’t stolen anything or damaged anything, so he’s not an enemy, he just showed up and started talking about bore mechanics while checking the inside. Anyways, what did you find?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: December 29, 2020, 11:04:07 am »

"An excellent suggestion. I'll see if I can't copy that telescope, that way you don't lose it. I'll be over soon."

Make the following:
- A couple of crystal toothpicks
- Make a functioning copy that crystal telescope that Adam has
- Two small golems to give to Kara and Adam, whose only function is to be two way radio between them and Clate
- Ask the Overmind if it knows of any trinkets that it used in the past to woo squishlings. If it does, make those as well

Then use the portal knife to return to the Bore and meet up with Adam and Kara. Make sure to leave the portal(s) open for now so that I can easily return.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:06:49 am by Pancaek »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: December 29, 2020, 11:11:24 am »

Hi Clate, I’m glad you turned off the superweapon. What are the ruins like?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: December 29, 2020, 11:15:21 am »

"An excellent suggestion. I'll see if I can't copy that telescope, that way you don't lose it. I'll be over soon."

"Good good. I'll be making some more portal knives and doorways in the meantime, find me at the church diving vault."

well, he hasn’t stolen anything or damaged anything, so he’s not an enemy, he just showed up and started talking about bore mechanics while checking the inside. Anyways, what did you find?

"Oh, uuh, ok then. Hello there friend, my name is Adam and I'm a Cthonic. How are you doing today? Were you looking for a job or something?

Well Rhea, we succeeded in our mission, the crystal overmind has been restored. Once Clate teleports back in he can explain it better than I could, but suffice it to say, today is a good day!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3430 on: December 30, 2020, 11:57:06 am »

Are the tools as old and eclectic as the bore itself? Any from countries that no longer exist?

How about a forge or any stuff for metal casting?

"Hey, Rhea?"

Spoiler: Wäreige (click to show/hide)
The tools and such as all relatively common. The entire room seems like a prefab.

There's a small furnace for softening and reforming metal pieces, but nothing for casting completely new things.

You set up a meeting  for a few days from now. He sets up the meeting to happen in a public place.
Cool cool. Let's put a pin in that then for now.

Let's do the dive then to fix the large destination portal. Use a +3 diving sacrifice. Do the dive in the church diving vault to roll at advantage, pay the fee (10 right?). 

As before, dive to Noth, then to Xi. Reinforce Noth and Xi 6 times each.   

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Ok.

Done. Succeeded without issue. Yes, 10.

Hrm.  Ask the church dude what's gonna be done with wolf guy.  Whether the church can keep the city safe from him.

...If they believably answer they they can and will, just accept it.  Go check on the kids who were plated in metal.  I'm not 100% sure what happened to them, but I imagine they got brought back to the police.

They're gonna keep him confined and try to get him to explain his work to them.  This is the legit answer so we'll say you accept it.

They were delivered police, but they're also in route to a church compound.

The white flame is the flame from the Ancient warrior right?
Yes, that's the one. Hopefully they didn't screw up and killed themselves.

Do I know of anything like those bacterial colony people that the Crystal people traded with for knowledge? Is there a chance I could find them near the section of the map marked bacterial, the "Sulfurous Maze"?

Does anybody else got somewhere they'd like to explore? We've got the Crystal tree, the mole people ruins and the Korax settlement investigation, from what I remember.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

According to them it appears to continue to burn without an energy source, produces no heat, does not damage substances, and produces electromagnetic waves similar to those of a functioning human brain. They have concluded that it is a "condensed thought-form".

Its entirely possible. Not many people go there so there's not much info.

Not a question for me~

Make the following:
- A couple of crystal toothpicks
- Make a functioning copy that crystal telescope that Adam has
- Two small golems to give to Kara and Adam, whose only function is to be two way radio between them and Clate
- Ask the Overmind if it knows of any trinkets that it used in the past to woo squishlings. If it does, make those as well

Then use the portal knife to return to the Bore and meet up with Adam and Kara. Make sure to leave the portal(s) open for now so that I can easily return.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

1. Done
2. Done
3. Done
4. For the most part it just used the promise of immortality, freedom from bodily needs, and earth morphing powers to entice them. Which...as far as promises go is pretty good honestly. It could sometimes create custom things for people who it really wanted to convert, but generally it didn't bother.

Done.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: December 30, 2020, 12:54:07 pm »

By the way, did we lvl-up already from the crystal ruin restoration (or was it too short for one)? I forget. If we do lvl-up, could you roll it for me please? (with a little luck it'll help for the dive this turn).

Quickly test the crystal lens telescope.

Suppose I wanted to go and find myself a necromancer to acquire a heretical artifact, are there any ones that are 'known'? We once met that one guy when he retrieved his zombies, but are there any other known ones? And where could I find them, or find someone who could bring me to one? Finally, what sort of thing could I offer in exchange, some sort of item or maybe certain knowledge?

Let my mind rest for a while to let any mind points reset. Then let's make another teleporter knife.
Use a +3 diving sacrifice. Do the dive in the church diving vault to roll at advantage.
Move to Noth, then to Xi. Reinforce Noth and Xi 10 times each.
This allows the entrance portal to be made when 'cutting' with the portal knife while the selection dial is pressed down a bit. The position of the selection dial determines which destination portal is used, with the rune (or number or whatever) on the dial corresponding to a rune on the destination portal. So, if a portal doorway ever gets destroyed, that destination is not reachable, but making a new portal with the same rune reestablishes the connection. Trying to open a portal while the dial is set to a rune with no corresponding destination portal doorway means the connection is denied and opens no portal. Closing the portal from the knife side can be done by doing the same cutting motion in the reverse direction. Once open, the portal is two-way. A single rune on the dial is meant to act as a 'wildcard' to connect to a destination with no rune on it, for situations where we need to eg. define the destination doorway as a hole in the ground (as per the example you gave: "That would probably help somewhat: defining the edges I mean. but thats again more related to the nature of the dive. You could map the edges to a crate or a hole in the ground or just about anything.")

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 11:45:09 am by Radio Controlled »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: December 31, 2020, 05:33:25 am »

...I am going to take 100% of the bounty for that mission, becuase none of the people who helped seem to still be playing.

Buy a glass eye rifle, and another tunnel clearer, and give them to Gus and Baxter, the adventure kids.  They can choose which of them wants to be the sniper.  Two extra reloads for each gun (-121 fathoms)

Buy eight low-caliber ethral rifles (-140 fathoms), and two reloads for each (-16 fathoms).  These will be put somewhere on the bore for Nyw's "recruits" to use, in case they ever need to defend the bore.  These are the people Nyw freed from prison in the moth city, in trade for having provided some information on the drug cartel.

Speaking of, give them some pay for... whatever they do.  Do they cook us meals?  Clean the bore?  Are they maids?  Whatever, they get 20f per body, so -160 fathoms overall.  Hopefully that'll encourage them not to desert.

Can we buy frag grenades?  What would be the cost?  The armory has TNT, but raw explosives aren't as killy as proper grenades.  Also, how about gas grenades that would knock people out or incapacite them, like teargas?  To my understanding Nyw would be immune to such things (being a corpse), but most of the people he fights would not be.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: December 31, 2020, 11:26:39 am »

Clate enters the Bore and walks up to Kara and Adam. He hands them both the small radio golems.

"Friend Adam, I have created a functioning copy of the crystal telescope. Also, I have made these small golems for the both of you. They will function as a two way radio between us, so that we can speak at any time and across any distance."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: December 31, 2020, 11:49:20 am »

"Oh wow, you're back fast. Did you finish everything you wanted?

Radio golems, you say? How do these work exactly, do I just... talk at them?

Nice job on the telescope, I think this should be a good gift indeed! Could you perhaps finish up the 'original' telescope I have though? I only managed to grab the lenses back then, so if you could build the tube to place them in that'd be nice.

Now, perhaps we should think about how we should go about this meeting. My role would be as a mediator of sorts, but I can also speak on your behalf a bit if you'd like. We should also think about what information to reveal already and what, if any, you would like to keep under wraps for the moment."

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231