Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403878 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3180 on: August 24, 2020, 03:26:26 pm »

Ok, sorry about that
No harm done this time. But please be cautious about diving in general, and refrain from doing dangerous dives on the Bore. We've had too many incidents already, and the Bore would be hard to replace.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: August 24, 2020, 03:32:24 pm »

Ok, sorry about that
No harm done this time. But please be cautious about diving in general, and refrain from doing dangerous dives on the Bore. We've had too many incidents already, and the Bore would be hard to replace.
Understood, I’m going to figure out how much fuel I can buy and get it to the bore so we can go to the crystal tree
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go into town and ask how much fuel 130 fathoms would buy, if less than 30 units, look for a job to work, if 30 units or higher, pay and get the fuel back to the bore

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: August 26, 2020, 04:01:41 pm »

Attempt to reverse the shrinking of Ramiel 1 & 2.

If I can't get them back to their original size, instead break them down to free up some golem cap space. Then create two new golems, both focussed on long range attacks, one for continuous attacks and one for big attacks.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3183 on: August 27, 2020, 01:52:17 am »

Where could I find someone who could tell me how to break into a cist? Maybe there's something in the Crystal Tablets we got from that ruin?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: August 27, 2020, 07:33:53 am »

I'mma do the standard thing I always do when we're parked in a town.  Go look for a bounty board with the two hirelings, see if there's any good and righteous work to be done.

Also, may I ask if we get a levelup for the whole fiasco with the cist?  Honestly dunno if that was long or impactful enough to count as a mission, but it felt like it went on for quite awhile.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3185 on: August 27, 2020, 11:36:38 am »

Lose 1 nerve in the end, you are successful. Consume that +3 sacrifice as well.
Sacrifice consumed. Fathoms for use of vault deducted.

Rest until nerve is restored. Buy another two +3 sacrifices (2x50 fathoms).

Then do the dive for the large portal. Sacrifice a +3 sacrifice and do it in the diving vault.

large destination portal doorway
Move to Noth, then to Xi. Reinforce Noth and Xi 10 times each.
This spell allows the doorway to act as destination portal. When the portal doorway is set up, the rune on it's side is complete and allows for a portal connection to be formed. Folding up the portal doorway breaks the rune (eg because it is painted over a folding junction, so folding it up breaks the rune in two) and causes the portal to be closed. Trying to open a portal while the doorway is still folded means the connection is denied. If the rune is sufficiently damaged then the portal also closes. If someone were to try and create a destination with a rune that's already in use, and upon using the knife both are in a 'ready to receive' state, then one of them is chosen randomly as destination.   

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Ok.

Ok.

Alright.
[20 + 18 + 4 + 19 + 9 + 2 + 11 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 12 + 18 + 17 + 9 + 17 + 3 + 5 + 3 + 19 + 15 + 11 + 8 + 4 + 16 + 5][-9 nerve, recoop 3][18+1]

So the good news is that despite being utterly battered to hell mentally, you manage to come back unpossessed. The bad news is that the portal materializes. Its on. You can't see anything trough it, its just a doorway of white light. And you have no idea where it goes. Or what might come out.

Ok, sorry about that
Understood, I’m going to figure out how much fuel I can buy and get it to the bore so we can go to the crystal tree
Go into town and ask how much fuel 130 fathoms would buy, if less than 30 units, look for a job to work, if 30 units or higher, pay and get the fuel back to the bore
Bore fuel is 1 fathom per unit so 30 fathoms for 30 units. We'll assume you buy it and return.

Attempt to reverse the shrinking of Ramiel 1 & 2.

If I can't get them back to their original size, instead break them down to free up some golem cap space. Then create two new golems, both focussed on long range attacks, one for continuous attacks and one for big attacks.

Attempting to reverse the shrinkage (ha ha) fails regardless of what you do. Its as though the very matter of the two has been reduced in scale and thus would require huge amounts of extra stone to replace. You dissolve them as such.
[6,7]
The things you end up with are another Ramiel looking one for the big attacks, and a sort of floating flower thing for the continuous one.  It has a bunch of little points  and when attacking it rotates rapidly in place, firing small energy bolts from those points, like a minigun.

Where could I find someone who could tell me how to break into a cist? Maybe there's something in the Crystal Tablets we got from that ruin?

[5]
There are two options you can think of, both diametrically opposed. The first is to go to the church and tell them about it. Without Ashul- the one actually given the "key" to this- it will be hard to convince them but it might be possible. They should have the same desire to destroy the thing within that Ashul had. They might know ways into it, ways to kill the thing inside.

The second...is to find heretics. There are those who directly oppose the church; those who oppose the god of black flame. The often have a great variety of reasons for doing it but they might be privy to knowledge that the church wants to keep hidden. The only issue...well one of the issues with this is that they likely would want to free the thing inside instead of destroy it. You might end up having to double cross them or deceive them to get the info....Even finding them is going to be hard. Necromancers might know...maybe the fire singers? No one knows much about them.

I'mma do the standard thing I always do when we're parked in a town.  Go look for a bounty board with the two hirelings, see if there's any good and righteous work to be done.

Also, may I ask if we get a levelup for the whole fiasco with the cist?  Honestly dunno if that was long or impactful enough to count as a mission, but it felt like it went on for quite awhile.

Lets leave that up to fate [6].  Sure level up I guess.

As per bounties, there are tons. The one that sticks out as immoral is the disappearance of young women in a particular part of town. They have a drawing of the suspect, but little else to go on other than where it generally happens.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3186 on: August 27, 2020, 06:31:24 pm »

Leveled Up
Dex goes to 14
(yay! now rifle shots are at 70%. Not that I shoot that often, but it's nice to have options)
Cunning goes to 12 (makes sense, considering her past actions. Now I can lie, cheat and steal even better)
Knowledge goes to 13 (translation and archeology at 70%. Archeolobirb is ready to explore ruins and make new friends!)

How many fathoms to fit the Crystal Mover with the life support necessary to allow fleshies to breathe in it and survive in it as it moves through magma?

How much for Diving-enhanced protective suits that would allow us to survive the extreme heat and lack of breathable air we are likely to face in the Molten Heart Crystal People ruins? Do they only work for a limited time? Do they need to recharge oxygen/vent heat periodically? Do they need some sort of umbilical connected to a master life support system? Or do they work all the time? If they work all the time, could we forgo the life support upgrade for the crystal mover completely or would it still be useful as a place where we can eat and sleep and take care of other bodily functions?

Could we lower the cost if we had Clate make the suits out of Crystal and then simply paid someone to enchant them?

If the heat down there really is so bad as to require us to wear diving suits, would we even be able to use equipment that isn't made of crystal? Would our conventional guns and swords catch fire and melt?

Irrelevant, can I just buy an artifact fragment for the price listed in the google doc? Or would I need to find a shady dealer?

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 06:34:31 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: August 28, 2020, 09:59:27 am »

Spoiler: Levelup rolls: (click to show/hide)

Nyw has become more dextrous and knowledgable!

Nyw will pursue the missing woman case, by personally going and finding the girl's family or friends.  He'll ask them for information, when she went missing, if she was in any bad relationships, etc.  Meanwhile, Gus and Baxter should ask around more publically; they're not honored dead, so they can ask questions without sending up quite as many warning bells.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: August 28, 2020, 02:59:20 pm »

Rest to recover Nerve
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 11:41:07 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #3189 on: August 28, 2020, 05:24:30 pm »

A moth stumbles out of some small corner in the bore and calls out.
"Kara? Are you here? I've been sick."

Spoiler: here's a moth (click to show/hide)

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: August 28, 2020, 11:04:53 pm »

"Hello there" a Corven cries out to the people at the bore "you guys taking on extra hands?"
Spoiler: Birb (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: August 29, 2020, 04:19:06 am »

Lvl me up please! Hopefully the current lack of crap-rolling Ozzes in the game will mean my level-ups go better this time around. :v

Fold the portal up so that the activation rune is broken and the portal is physically closed.

If that's not possible or doesn't deactivate the portal, exit the room and tell them to activate their dive failure protections to undo the dive, or whatever countermeasure they think appropriate to activate.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3192 on: August 29, 2020, 07:56:08 am »

((@RC: Want me to roll for you? Or do you want me to make sure Piecewise does it?))
((@ER: I'll reply later, sorry, need a bit more time to think.))
"Hello there" a Corven cries out to the people at the bore "you guys taking on extra hands?"
General Kenobi?
"We are indeed. You are welcome to join us in our travels. If you are trustworthy and willing to help, you will in turn receive our help and your fair share of the profits."
Kara twisted her body sightly, making sure the other Corven would notice the glint of her shiny crystal cloak, both as a way to entice the prospective recruit with the promise of shiny things and due to the unconscious desire to perform some sort of display of superiority.
"If that sounds good to you, then welcome aboard. I'll get you a radio from storage and give you a small tour."

"The crew calls me Kara and I'm the one usually keeping things organized around here. In expeditions I mostly take care of identifying things, translating and negotiating, though I can also fill other roles as the situation demands. Shooting, medicine, driver, that sort of thing. What is it you see yourself offering to our team? You're not a diver, are you? We've had some bad experiences with those."

Kara glanced at the sign behind her with 'SHALLOW REALITY. NO DIVING.' written on it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: August 29, 2020, 09:15:42 am »

((Understandable, thinking is really hard.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: August 29, 2020, 10:46:45 am »

Since Kara is checking our mission requirements and my gaggle of golems is done, let's gear ourselves up for war.

Attempt to fashion myself two crystal blades. Make them in a form that is compitable for use with my current body.

Also, I still have a skillpoint from the levelup. What are my options for combat skills utilizing my stoneforming? Can I just grab a general combat stoneforming skill?

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 231