Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403983 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3151 on: August 17, 2020, 09:48:31 am »

- Retry making the crystal golem: "crystal golem: Don't go for anything specific at first, just focus on the aspects of 'speed' and 'attack' and go with what feels right. Try to feel the spirit of the crystal (the material, not the Overmind) and let it guide me as I shape the Golem."

- Also try something similar, but focusing on "speed" and "defence". A personal protecto-bot, if you will.

- Since we're just standing about, try and make a second labrodorite/obedience rod as well.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 10:05:41 am by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3152 on: August 17, 2020, 10:17:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go to the city and find the member of the Traveler’s Guild who mentioned the artifact We need to retrieve, and ask him whether retrieving this artifact counts as initiation into the Traveller’s Guild, and ask about benefits and obligations should we become part of the guild
Pretty sure this was back in Anvil and about a million miles away but lets assume its retroactive.

The guild states that the item in question is key. An ordinary key, albeit one several hundred times larger than it should be. It is thought to have originated in a strange area where all things are gigantic and can open the lock on a box within. That locked box is believed to contain things of great value, and thus the key itself is very valuable. It is however surrounded by creatures and circumstances of a less than hospitable nature.

They say that retrieval of it will entitle you to at least temporary membership and the chance to help in the retrieval of the goods using the key, and equal share of whatever those goods are. There is no grantee of safety though.

- Retry making the crystal golem: "crystal golem: Don't go for anything specific at first, just focus on the aspects of 'speed' and 'attack' and go with what feels right. Try to feel the spirit of the crystal (the material, not the Overmind) and let it guide me as I shape the Golem."

- Also try something similar, but focusing on "speed" and "defence". A personal protecto-bot, if you will.

- Since we're just standing about, try and make a second labrodorite/obedience rod as well.

[5][19]
The rod fails, but the golem comes out well. It is an odd thing; kind of bird like in a way. Two long legs, attached to a single, long, razor sharp blade of crystal. It moves in a jittery, rapid way that makes anyone with flesh that can be cut stay far away from it.

Ok so I don't know if you all have noticed but Hotfire's account has suddenly become a "Guest" account, which seems to indicate that he has deactivated his bay12 account. We've looked for posts saying why, but can't find any. We've tried contacting him on steam but gotten no response. I think it is best that we, for the time being, consider him an absent player and shuffle Alex into hammer space. I know that kinda sucks considering everything that was kind of focusing around him at this point, but there isn't a whole lot more that can be done.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: August 17, 2020, 10:24:06 am »

((Hotfire, should you happen to read this, we all hope you’re doing ok man.))

"All right then, I guess it is time for us to move on. The question remains however, where should we go to next?"

If there is a reinforced church diving vault in this city that allows rolling at advantage and has dive-failure defenses like there was in the other one, then go there and try to make the large destination portal doorway. I am sacrificing one of those +3 teleportation-related sacrifices.

large destination portal doorway
Move to Noth, then to Xi. Reinforce Noth and Xi 10 times each.
This spell allows the doorway to act as destination portal. When the portal doorway is set up, the rune on it's side is complete and allows for a portal connection to be formed. Folding up the portal doorway breaks the rune (eg because it is painted over a folding junction, so folding it up breaks the rune in two) and causes the portal to be closed. Trying to open a portal while the doorway is still folded means the connection is denied. If the rune is sufficiently damaged then the portal also closes. If someone were to try and create a destination with a rune that's already in use, and upon using the knife both are in a 'ready to receive' state, then one of them is chosen randomly as destination.
[/s]

If Ashul accepts the knife, then instead spend the sacrifice on making a new teleporter knife first (same dive).

((Gonna try to make the crawler-sized portal doorway to give us some more freedom in which missions we want to tackle next.))

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 04:04:41 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: August 17, 2020, 10:53:09 am »

"All right then, I guess it is time for us to move on. The question remains however, where should we go to next?"

We do have two opportunities concerning crystal tech on the table.

There's the crystal tree, which should house the secret of making more of the conversion toothpicks.

The other is an expidition to the Molten Heart. The crystal ruins there house a superweapon from a war long past. All signs currently point towards this superweapon being the key to reactivate the Crystal Overmind and subsequently resurrect the crystal race in full.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: They call it Mad science because it makes everyone really angry.
« Reply #3155 on: August 17, 2020, 02:11:31 pm »

"I believe our Paths are diverting at this point. Brother Adam, I apologize for my outburst. I oughtn't take my frustrations out on one as thoughtful as yourself. Farewell, Noble Nyw. Your sword over my head has been a comfort as I traveled the Depths, allowing me to cast aide worry and follow true paths. I wish you well."

Gather AsHul's things and leave the Bore. Leave the guitar Clate made behind.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: August 17, 2020, 04:03:13 pm »

"Wait."

He walked up to the abomination, not in a hurry but with clear intent. He knew it would be futile to try and dissuade him from this idea, and not appropriate even if it wasn't. Everyone had to walk their own path.

"Take this."

He pressed the teleporter knife into his hand.

"Good luck, brother. May your journeys take you to where you need to be, and may the lord illuminate your path along the way. Know, however, that you will always have a home here. Farewell."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 04:49:57 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: August 17, 2020, 04:31:43 pm »

Clate's latest creation, a big rolling wall of hexagons that can reshift themselves around to form shields of different sizes, shapes, and thicknesses, awkwardly clatters into the room with Adam and Ashul. The hexagons stop and swiftly reshape themselves into a table, two of the material replicating octahedrons resting on it. Text forms on the surface of the table.

Strike these octahedrons against something and they will replicate the material. Take these if you wish. For when times are lean and means are few.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: August 17, 2020, 04:37:52 pm »

We do have two opportunities concerning crystal tech on the table.

There's the crystal tree, which should house the secret of making more of the conversion toothpicks.

The other is an expidition to the Molten Heart. The crystal ruins there house a superweapon from a war long past. All signs currently point towards this superweapon being the key to reactivate the Crystal Overmind and subsequently resurrect the crystal race in full.

I’m interested in either of these, if we go to the Molten Heart, I can try Diving to make/enchant those of us who are organic to be able to survive, alternatively, if we go to the tree first, and convert ourselves to crystal, it will make venturing the Molten Heart easier

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: August 18, 2020, 03:40:01 pm »

"Wait."

He walked up to the abomination, not in a hurry but with clear intent. He knew it would be futile to try and dissuade him from this idea, and not appropriate even if it wasn't. Everyone had to walk their own path.

"Take this."

He pressed the teleporter knife into his hand.

"Good luck, brother. May your journeys take you to where you need to be, and may the lord illuminate your path along the way. Know, however, that you will always have a home here. Farewell."
Clate's latest creation, a big rolling wall of hexagons that can reshift themselves around to form shields of different sizes, shapes, and thicknesses, awkwardly clatters into the room with Adam and Ashul. The hexagons stop and swiftly reshape themselves into a table, two of the material replicating octahedrons resting on it. Text forms on the surface of the table.

Strike these octahedrons against something and they will replicate the material. Take these if you wish. For when times are lean and means are few.

AsHul looks at the gifts in his hands for a long moment, then up at Adam And Clate
"I will remember. Thank you. Goodbye."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: August 19, 2020, 01:12:56 am »

I don't feel like writing RP right now, but if Ashul is leaving the bore crew to deal with the warrior, and Oz isn't quitting the game, Nyw wants to join him and help.

Yup, Oz is leaving, so Nyw's sticking with the crew.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: August 19, 2020, 03:35:11 am »

((AsHul IS leaving the crew, and I have no intention of playing solo or creating a new character, so I was planning on dropping out of the game. AsHul does plan on eventually fighting the Warrior, but he intends to do so only with the backing of an organization such as a church kill squad like the one that rescued our characters at the start of the game. I don't expect it to be a short term mission at this point. No "open door, stab bad guy, call it a day" kind of thing. I honestly wasn't expecting anyone else to really take much interest in this mission beyond this point, whether the Warrior remains alive or not. And even if there was interest, Nyw and Adam are the only Bore crew AsHul would even consider as teammates at this point, for missions sensitive to Chthonicism, anyway.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3162 on: August 19, 2020, 05:52:33 am »

Go see the Ethral for information about how to penetrate the walls of cists. I'm willing to pay as long as the prices aren't ludicrous.
Since the walls seem to be living, could I use a Crystal Heart to age the wall and make it wither away? Or would aging living stone be pointless?
How about temporarily banishing the intelligence that dwells in the walls (perhaps with some sort of dive enchanted weapon) so that I can use my Golden Pin to command them to open without facing resistance?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: August 20, 2020, 10:08:05 am »

Reattempt making the labradorite rod

Also gather a whole bunch of rocks, and try to make one or two smaller version of Chonky Ramiel. Whereas the original is about car sized, aim to make these about half the volume of a person. Still big, but can actually fit through doors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3164 on: August 20, 2020, 11:39:57 am »

((Hotfire, should you happen to read this, we all hope you’re doing ok man.))

If there is a reinforced church diving vault in this city that allows rolling at advantage and has dive-failure defenses like there was in the other one, then go there and try to make the large destination portal doorway. I am sacrificing one of those +3 teleportation-related sacrifices.

large destination portal doorway
Move to Noth, then to Xi. Reinforce Noth and Xi 10 times each.
This spell allows the doorway to act as destination portal. When the portal doorway is set up, the rune on it's side is complete and allows for a portal connection to be formed. Folding up the portal doorway breaks the rune (eg because it is painted over a folding junction, so folding it up breaks the rune in two) and causes the portal to be closed. Trying to open a portal while the doorway is still folded means the connection is denied. If the rune is sufficiently damaged then the portal also closes. If someone were to try and create a destination with a rune that's already in use, and upon using the knife both are in a 'ready to receive' state, then one of them is chosen randomly as destination.
[/s]

If Ashul accepts the knife, then instead spend the sacrifice on making a new teleporter knife first (same dive).

((Gonna try to make the crawler-sized portal doorway to give us some more freedom in which missions we want to tackle next.))

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

1. You're gonna have to tell me where you are, because I saw no action moving the bore anywhere and I just assumed you were all back at it, in the messenger path.
2.You're gonna have to actually tell me  the dive stuff. I don't remember all the rolls in question for it. You can do that on discord if you want.

"I believe our Paths are diverting at this point. Brother Adam, I apologize for my outburst. I oughtn't take my frustrations out on one as thoughtful as yourself. Farewell, Noble Nyw. Your sword over my head has been a comfort as I traveled the Depths, allowing me to cast aide worry and follow true paths. I wish you well."

Gather AsHul's things and leave the Bore. Leave the guitar Clate made behind.

Ashul leaves the bore, and his guitar, behind. Moving on to greater adventures.

Go see the Ethral for information about how to penetrate the walls of cists. I'm willing to pay as long as the prices aren't ludicrous.
Since the walls seem to be living, could I use a Crystal Heart to age the wall and make it wither away? Or would aging living stone be pointless?
How about temporarily banishing the intelligence that dwells in the walls (perhaps with some sort of dive enchanted weapon) so that I can use my Golden Pin to command them to open without facing resistance?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
I'm still not sure what city you guys THINK you're in. I haven't moved you anywhere and I saw no action to do so.

Regardless, Ethral aren't going to wanna talk about that kind of stuff, especially not anywhere around here what with the massive influx of true believers because of that messenger path.  Talking about breaking a cist is like talking about how to correctly summon the devil. I mean sure, maybe you could get away with it if it was clearly theoretical interest but...don't think that excuse would hold up.

You might be able to convince them with the right incentive but they're gonna be spooked and suspicious.

Reattempt making the labradorite rod

Also gather a whole bunch of rocks, and try to make one or two smaller version of Chonky Ramiel. Whereas the original is about car sized, aim to make these about half the volume of a person. Still big, but can actually fit through doors.

[6][15]
Rod is fine.  The other...you seem to be having a hard time at. The things don't want to come together. You feel tired when you attempt it, like you don't have the strength to form the rocks together.

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 231