Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404271 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: DIG: Heresy
« Reply #3075 on: July 23, 2020, 10:28:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Continue making sure they don’t get closer to the rest of the group
You wave them back whenever they get any closer.

In preparation of plan [name to be decided], stoneform 2 things:

- A carrying ase/platform for the bomb, that will allow me to move it by stoneforming without interfering with the bomb's function
- A 1 person stone jail/coffin. Should be able to comfortably hold 1 Alex-sized person. Mayabe some kind of coffin with a small slit the occupant can peer out of.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[17,17]
You attempt to stone form here, but the stone from the outside world cannot penetrate this...fleshy not-stone. And you cannot force the fleshstone to follow your commands in any meaningful way.

Adam considered this for a moment before answering.

"Hmm. Yes, yes you are absolutely correct. Given the gravity of this situation, we Cthonics should have done more to adequately impress upon you all how strongly we feel about this divine assignment. That might have prevented a lot of this mess.

And yes, it is entirely possible we'll open that door and those two won't have moved a muscle. But, I'd rather look a fool a thousand times over than take a risk with that ancient warrior.

Either way, it seems we have reached an agreement. Splendid! Let us not dawdle any further and make our preparations then."

How many reinforcements of Telazch and Xi respectively would we need for an enchantment that, when activated (activation mark is thinking about the target you want) would teleport a person into a pre-prepared destination (in this case a stone encasement of sorts to hold a person in custody without harming them)? The teleport should also change the person's body/limb position as needed to avoid telefragging or other such nonsense. For distance, assume Adam will stand fr enough back to be safe from the bomb's effects both physical and preternatural.

Speaking off, assuming Clate pushes the bomb closer to the warrior, how far away do the unshielded need to be to be reasonably safe?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Like 4 for both is probably fine. though extra would help overcome less than perfect rolls and prevent possible teleportation injuries. Assuming there isn't a large scale failure that is.

A few hundred feet should work for the blast, assuming they have some cover against possible random bits of high speed debris. However, that mind breaker effect...that is something more hard to gauge the blast radius of. Likely similar distance will reduce the effects to uncomfortable but not dangerous levels.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 23, 2020, 10:40:33 am »

((Gonna assume Clate tells us about the issue with stoneforming to speed this up a little.))

"I think I have determined the dive needed for the full body teleportation. I can return to the bore through a portal for a moment to ensure that if the dive goes awry it doesn't happen here, though in that case I'd appreciate it if someone capable could accompany me to assist in case of problems. I could do it here as well if ya'll would rather not risk problems on the bore.

Similarly, Brother Clate, would you perhaps like me to open a quick portal to the bore so that you can collect some regular rock for your stoneforming?

In the meantime, I suggest the rest of you construct us some cover to protect against the blast."

Open a portal to the bore using the teleporter knife for Clate if he wants to.

For the dive we just discussed, also use the knife portal and do it in a secure spot on the bore (unless people object, then do it in this hallway). Tie myself to something in case of possession so I won't just run of. Wherever I end up diving, drink a silent night if I'm not rolling at advantage there. Also sacrifice one of my +3 items that is related to teleportation for nerve recoup.

For the dive, Telazch and Xi as discussed, but reinforce each 6 times just in case.

[17:40] Radio Controlled: @Shitpost Skeleton Could a tinfoil helmet, or something else less memey but equally mundane, possibly help protect against the mindbreaker effect?
[18:12] Shitpost Skeleton: Sure, it's possible

"Brother Ony, perhaps you too could accompany us to the bore real quick and see if you could build us something simple that might offer a little extra protection against the mindbreaking power of the spell cast upon the bomb?"

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 01:09:01 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: They call it Mad science because it makes everyone really angry.
« Reply #3077 on: July 27, 2020, 06:49:22 am »

Look around a little bit for anything that could be used to construct "cover".  But stay focused on the cyst, just in case it suddenly opens up and the doommonster comes flying out.  Hopefully the talky people will finish their talking and get to the actioning, sometime soonish.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 27, 2020, 09:51:51 am »

Take up Adam on his offer to open up a portal to the bore. Grab some regular rock from there and retry making the following, this time without the weird non-rock working against me:

- A carrying ase/platform for the bomb, that will allow me to move it by stoneforming without interfering with the bomb's function
- A 1 person stone jail/coffin. Should be able to comfortably hold 1 Alex-sized person. Mayabe some kind of coffin with a small slit the occupant can peer out of.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 27, 2020, 02:01:24 pm »

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)

In an effort to aid the group in the fight, try and create the equivalent of some tinfoil helmets, something to baffle befuddlement and general mind effects, out of the scrap on the bore.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:15:16 pm by banelord »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3080 on: July 27, 2020, 02:29:30 pm »

Look around a little bit for anything that could be used to construct "cover".  But stay focused on the cyst, just in case it suddenly opens up and the doommonster comes flying out.  Hopefully the talky people will finish their talking and get to the actioning, sometime soonish.

The best, easiest cover would honestly be a low ridge of fleshstone maybe 20 feet back. If you kneel and duck your head a bit, it will give you complete cover. In terms of cover you can make, there's not really anything. Not unless you feel like trying to tear chunks of fleshstone up and pile them. Might be possible, strong as you are, but you're not sure how good an idea it is.

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)

In an effort to aid the group in the fight, try and create the equivalent of some tinfoil helmets, something to baffle befuddlement and general mind effects, out of the scrap on the bore.

[2]
You knock out 4 of what you call your "sobriety helmet".  It provides a +3 bonus against mind fuckery, though you think it will degrade over time as it gets "hit" with more effects.

Took 3 structural and 2 occult and 1 sample of brain tissue to make one. There are still corpses around right?

Take up Adam on his offer to open up a portal to the bore. Grab some regular rock from there and retry making the following, this time without the weird non-rock working against me:

((Gonna assume Clate tells us about the issue with stoneforming to speed this up a little.))

"I think I have determined the dive needed for the full body teleportation. I can return to the bore through a portal for a moment to ensure that if the dive goes awry it doesn't happen here, though in that case I'd appreciate it if someone capable could accompany me to assist in case of problems. I could do it here as well if ya'll would rather not risk problems on the bore.

Similarly, Brother Clate, would you perhaps like me to open a quick portal to the bore so that you can collect some regular rock for your stoneforming?

In the meantime, I suggest the rest of you construct us some cover to protect against the blast."

Open a portal to the bore using the teleporter knife for Clate if he wants to.

For the dive we just discussed, also use the knife portal and do it in a secure spot on the bore (unless people object, then do it in this hallway). Tie myself to something in case of possession so I won't just run of. Wherever I end up diving, drink a silent night if I'm not rolling at advantage there. Also sacrifice one of my +3 items that is related to teleportation for nerve recoup.

For the dive, Telazch and Xi as discussed, but reinforce each 6 times just in case.

[17:40] Radio Controlled: @Shitpost Skeleton Could a tinfoil helmet, or something else less memey but equally mundane, possibly help protect against the mindbreaker effect?
[18:12] Shitpost Skeleton: Sure, it's possible

"Brother Ony, perhaps you too could accompany us to the bore real quick and see if you could build us something simple that might offer a little extra protection against the mindbreaking power of the spell cast upon the bomb?"

[2][11]
Both stoneshaping attempts succeed, as does the dive obviously. Adam loses a single point of nerve as a result of the dive, which he obviously gets back.

In case you're wondering, the conversation in the cist has basically ended and your enemy  is rocking back and forth on his heels, waiting.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 27, 2020, 05:05:08 pm »

Time to end the various existential, political and religious crises for the time being, and get to the action of killing a being more ancient than everyone we have met combined. Should be easy right?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 28, 2020, 09:10:02 am »

Time to end the various existential, political and religious crises for the time being, and get to the action of killing a being more ancient than everyone we have met combined. Should be easy right?

"Well said, brother Ony, let us get started. And good job on those helmets! A fine piece of work despite the rush we were in, we should note down the crafting method for future reference for sure."

Wear one of those fancy sobriety helmets!

For Adam's part of the plan: stick to that cover Nyw found, keep silent night at the ready. Keep the stone coffin close and lying down so it also is covered by the stone ridge a bit.

As soon as the door opens, if Alex is still identifiable as such and he is separate enough from the warrior so that the prepared dive I did won't also take the warrior with it, then trigger the dive and have him teleported into the coffin.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 29, 2020, 02:04:32 am »

((AsHul is ready to open the wall if everything is settled and ready to go, so post actions as if that's about to happen. I don't want to make an "open door" action and then have someone be like "wait, I needed to do a thing" or "we're not finished making the plan" or something.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 29, 2020, 07:42:59 am »

((AsHul is ready to open the wall if everything is settled and ready to go, so post actions as if that's about to happen. I don't want to make an "open door" action and then have someone be like "wait, I needed to do a thing" or "we're not finished making the plan" or something.))

((I think we are good to go as far as I can see?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 29, 2020, 12:36:39 pm »

Set bomb timer for whatever AsHul thinks is a reasonable time to get it into the Cist and get the door closed (say, 15 seconds?).
Then
Open door, insert bomb, close door. Assuming the door doesn't disintegrate once the bomb goes off, open the door again, unless everyone on this side of the door has gone insane from mindbreaker effect.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 29, 2020, 02:09:34 pm »

Drag anyone who doesn't obviously know what they're doing (I.E. not Clate, Ashul, Adam, or Kara) behind the fleshstone ridge.  Then take cover behind it as well.

...Are the crystalline murakumos reflective?  If so, sheath one and hold the other out of cover, using it as a mirror to keep watch on the cist door while things go down.  If the warrior leaves the door, stand and command that it halt, charging it if it does not obey.

If the murakumos aren't reflective, do the same, but with one of the knives.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 29, 2020, 02:15:22 pm »

Continue keeping them from getting closer. Get myself and them farther away if possible
We’ll need to be far away to avoid mind damage, they don’t need to know why we’re getting farther away

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 29, 2020, 05:16:31 pm »

Help out with getting the bomb into place if needed, using stoneforming to move the stone cradle it's in.

Make sure to stand away from the door, out of blast radious and a bit further than that. Let my more melee oriented comrades handle the close range. Keep my crystal babies close by, but spread out a bit.

Should the bomb not murderize the Warrior and it attacks, stoneform a large chunk of stone at high speed towards its center mass, while at the same time having my relevant babies (Chonky ramiel, Smol laser pyramid, Combat Mantis) to fire their laser attacks at it. If the stone doesn't work, add my own laser to that. Only do this if it attacks us, if it remains peaceful I'll just wait out the situation.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3089 on: July 30, 2020, 09:54:35 am »

Be ready to shoot Alex in the head with the telegrabber if it looks like he won't make it out and the teleportation dive does not work for whatever reason.
Be ready to shoot the warrior with the telegrabber if it does anything aggressive towards us or the bomb, with the aim of stopping it from moving (shoot legs?).

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:56:20 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 231