Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403939 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

I'm not really following what's happening so well, apparently Rhea isn't a daemonhost?  Whatever.  Go smash the big monster thing with both 'kumos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

I'm not really following what's happening so well, apparently Rhea isn't a daemonhost?  Whatever.  Go smash the big monster thing with both 'kumos.

((I am a demon host right now, a lightning demon))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Look for the flying golem I'm currently missing. Try to remember where I last saw it.

If Rhea is no longer mucho demono like I think, quickly go retrieve my stuff from the warehouse, get back to the bore, then use golems 1,6 and 4 to forge myself a superior version to the flying lazer shooting crystal golem (that I just lost). Just make one that's "better", what that means exactly I'll leave up to the Crystal (meaning your imagination).

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((I am a demon host right now, a lightning demon))
She's not a demon host.  Never was. I mean she might have become one if she ever did that dive she was planning but luckily this guitar incident happened first. 

[6,7,7,1]
Nyw charges the demonic guitar and swings with both blades, Cleaving downwards in an "X" that hacks the rampaging instrument into four different pieces.  It squirms and writhes about for a few seconds then goes still. Nyw shakes the gore off his blades and returns to his alcohol.

Look for the flying golem I'm currently missing. Try to remember where I last saw it.

If Rhea is no longer mucho demono like I think, quickly go retrieve my stuff from the warehouse, get back to the bore, then use golems 1,6 and 4 to forge myself a superior version to the flying lazer shooting crystal golem (that I just lost). Just make one that's "better", what that means exactly I'll leave up to the Crystal (meaning your imagination).

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

You attempt to find the golem you're missing...are you missing a golem? You feel like you are but...they're all here...Thats very odd.

[1] The resulting merged form is basically Ramiel but the size of a car instead of the size of a high rise building.

Oh those aren't here. They were being translated in Knot weren't they? We're in Anvil right now.
((No they were being translated in Anvil. The books were sent over for translation right after we finished the relic vision job for the Church in Anvil.))

Recover the books, the original untranslated ones, there should be 34 of them. Also take a look at a few translations for comparison. Check whether they have any additional ancient human books outside of the ones our group brought in for translating.

Return back to the bore once the books have been acquired.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Huh...Alrighty then.

You get the books. There are a few ancient human books around here that aren't part of your collection. They're pretty well guarded and preserved, apparently being highly valuable as they are said to have come from the actual world above, not retrieved via dives.

You return to the bore.

I can't panic I can't panic I can't panic
"Ony! Keep the strings from vibrating! Put your hand on them to silence them! Ony! Can you hear me? Damn it."

Order Crystal Friend to climb back up. Use my arm and my beak to wedge the rope of my grappling hook to its harness. Then direct it to move around the guitar. This combined with Ony's grappling hook will keep it trapped in place and if I'm lucky the rope will keep the strings from vibrating.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Try to awaken and not die.

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)

Kara, now free from having to fight, goes over and helps Ony up. By which I mean she slaps him until he wakes up in a pool of dead guitar innards.  Its been a day.

Consume one Worm's Blood. Consume one Silent Night. Dive.

Telazch -> Gesh [Bind Lifething]
sacrifice bone fretted haunted electric guitar
reinforce telazch 4x,  Gesh 8x
Path: 4
reinforcements: 12
total nerve rolls: 16
Final Endurance roll
Final Nerve Roll

Permanently Bind the abominable guitar to (obey) my will.

Ashul collapses on his knees, just a little too slow to begin his dive before Nyw ended the fight. He picks up the chunks of his much desired companion and holds them above his head, crying out in anguish at the partnership that could have been.

"WE COULD HAVE MADE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC TOGETHERRRRRRR"

Meanwhile Adam finishes getting a quote on the cost of a new drill somewhere in town.
((Welp, guess I'm not on the bore to help with the other monster then, sorry guys.))

Leon isn't currently available, he's somewhere in the depths, apparently in the unmapped areas near Fire's Blessing. Its unknown when He'll be back. He has left word though, that if you want to speak with someone you should speak with his protege who is supposed to still be in Eclipse.
Could we set up a (preferably secure) call to his protege?

Where do church divers do their big/dangerous dives around here? Since they must also face the issue of possession or other side effects, do they have some sort of reinforced diving vault around here? If yes, could I use/rent it? I'd like to do some dives soon but the bore is a nono and I'd rather not just go diving in an alley.

Replacing the drill with a new one would cost 300 fathoms for a simple swap.
Can I get a quote on the cost for installing a better drill instead of just replacing our current one? Note that the current 'penetration' value of our drill is 12.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Call yes, secure...maybe. You can secure your side but without diving to insulate the call it would depend on his side. Maybe you could talk to him in code of some kind to secure it? Maybe He'd already have a secure line for you. Unknown.

The church tends to do their dives in reinforced catacombs beneath their main building. You, being a member of the church, could probably ask them to use the space. Though they might ask compensation in the form of doing dives for them on top of your personal work.

A better drill would be in the 1K range. Though it would also change the cost of travel so that drilling or following paths are equal in terms of fuel cost.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Piecewise
At the same time Clate gets blasted out a door and bounces down to the level blow, wreathed in electrical discharge. If he was fleshy this would probably be very bad but given that he is literally a rock it only seems to annoy him.  Rhea comes floating out of the room, hovering in a corona of electricity, body bent backwards and limbs contorted as all her muscles tighten and spasm. She opens her mouth and screams a noise like thunder before drifting up towards the cockpit.
((I thought I was possessed, then next turn you act like I didn’t dive at all? What’s up with that?

Hotfire90

((I thought I was possessed, then next turn you act like I didn’t dive at all? What’s up with that?
((Your possession got ENded with a black flame. It never happened and the golem that used the black flame never existed either.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Shaking off the vague recollection of his missing golem, Clate finished merging the three smaller golems into a new one.
Clate observes the car sized golem as it gently floats in front of him, remembering how the small golem fired a single, high power lazer beam that ended the recent fight against the moleman.

I, uh, may have gone slightly overboard.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
what happened? Why was there demon music? Is everyone alive?

Hotfire90

Alex walks up to the group near the guitar monster. "Hey so I got a message about a diver causing trouble on the bore, has the trouble been dealt with yet?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2874 on: May 14, 2020, 07:51:07 am »

Alex walks up to the group near the guitar monster. "Hey so I got a message about a diver causing trouble on the bore, has the trouble been dealt with yet?"
AsHul throws the squirming fleshbits onto the ground, spits noisily at his feet, and grumbles toward Alex before stumping off.

"It would appear so."

Dive back to Balaram. This time, let's target a machine mind assembly location.

Hotfire90

"Good." Alex responds seemingly uninterested.
"I'll be continuing my research, unless anyone needs me for anything right now."

Quickly skim through the books, look for anything related to the conflict with the Chthonic God, the warrior we encountered in the cist and anything that might be useful as a tinkering project.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

maybe I should look for a job to do, outside the bore. Nyw, what did you kill?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Exit the bore and look at the bounty board and ask for any jobs anyone has that I could help with

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Call yes, secure...maybe. You can secure your side but without diving to insulate the call it would depend on his side. Maybe you could talk to him in code of some kind to secure it? Maybe He'd already have a secure line for you. Unknown.

In that case, try to set up a regular call to him, then once we're talking hopefully we can arrange for a more secure call.

The church tends to do their dives in reinforced catacombs beneath their main building. You, being a member of the church, could probably ask them to use the space. Though they might ask compensation in the form of doing dives for them on top of your personal work.

What kind of dives are we talking here? Would they be very difficult or dangerous? And would it be possible to simply pay them some money for renting this location, or are dives the only form of payment accepted?

Secondly, what kind of protections and countermeasures do they have in these catacombs? Is it simply just a bunker, or are there some precautions in case of eg. possession? 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try again to build a spooky Bone Guitar, this time hopefully without it trying to kill me.
Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

Go rest until my legs are better.

Then see if there's any mention of mole settlements in the Crystal Texts that are not on our current map. If we find an abandoned mole settlement we might be able to find some of their secrets there.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 231