Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403941 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG: Everybody was kung fu fighting
« Reply #2745 on: April 09, 2020, 02:45:54 pm »

Try not to die.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: It belongs in a museum!
« Reply #2746 on: April 09, 2020, 07:41:04 pm »

((I think I'm actually pretty lucky to have not posted before last turn, because the action I was going to post was to board the crawler and continue attacking.  That... would have turned out worse for Nyw.))

The crawler was hurled off the station, so I guess that means all the hostiles are dead?  If there's any left that Nyw can reach, he'll charge them and either hack at them with the murakumo (if they're actively dangerous) or punch them into unconsciousness then tie them up (if they're stunned or surrendering).  If there's surviving enemies who Nyw can't reach, he will shoot at them with his ethral rifle, in hopes of scoring a lucky hit.

If no enemies remain, he's going to stomp back into the police station--not sheathing his weapon--and yell at the cops to find and bring medics for his allies.  Don't be nice about it, their idiocy nearly got them killed, not to mention the damage this cult was going to do to the city at large.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 10, 2020, 09:03:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Begin Dive to move myself so I fall on the platform
Dive to Telazch since I’m moving myself, a biological creature, then go to Es to move me to the platform

Reinforce Telazch 3 times

Sacrifice a foot to Telazch
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 09:33:20 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: April 10, 2020, 02:14:12 pm »

First off, attempt to use stoneforming to extend the edge of the platform towards Rhea(naturegirl), to give her more chance of ending up on the platform rather than the lava below.

Then, 'whistle' for my snek that fell down, or whatever the crystal people equivalent is. See if I can feel any sign of him and if so, if he can get back up here or if he can get to the bore and wait for me there if that's easier.

Then, go help getting Adam out from the rubble.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 12:07:44 pm by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 11, 2020, 04:08:51 am »

Asses self, see if any wounds need to be bandaged.

Then, if I am good enough to get around and do things without bleeding out or anything, go help Alex not die. If I am unsure of how to help though, then don't touch him, I'd rather not make things worse. In that case scan him with wizard eyes to find any internal damage to help the medics stabilize him.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2750 on: April 11, 2020, 09:06:36 am »

Bring Sajuuk to bear the bore to the police station so that our wounded can use the on board medical room. Or use our crawler to drive the wounded to the bore, whatever works best.

As for the experiment, try using various commands on Crystal Friend while he's near the circle of gems and then on the gems themselves. See if any get any reactions.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2751 on: April 12, 2020, 11:34:32 am »

"Guess I'll try something else, then."

Attempt to create a song that has the opposite effect of Vomit: something that soothes the body and soul. Also, try to create a song that has the opposite effect of Shred: one that patches wounds instead of making them. Use those two song (Vomit and Shred) as templates from which to reverse engineer the new songs.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2752 on: April 13, 2020, 10:22:47 am »

Try not to die.
[17]
Alex isn't looking good.

((I think I'm actually pretty lucky to have not posted before last turn, because the action I was going to post was to board the crawler and continue attacking.  That... would have turned out worse for Nyw.))

The crawler was hurled off the station, so I guess that means all the hostiles are dead?  If there's any left that Nyw can reach, he'll charge them and either hack at them with the murakumo (if they're actively dangerous) or punch them into unconsciousness then tie them up (if they're stunned or surrendering).  If there's surviving enemies who Nyw can't reach, he will shoot at them with his ethral rifle, in hopes of scoring a lucky hit.

If no enemies remain, he's going to stomp back into the police station--not sheathing his weapon--and yell at the cops to find and bring medics for his allies.  Don't be nice about it, their idiocy nearly got them killed, not to mention the damage this cult was going to do to the city at large.

[1]
Nyw stomps back into the police station and immediately begins berating the police while seeking out medics. He shouts down about two dozen moths trying to question him in the mean time, until he finally finds a doctor hiding under a desk. He plucks the doctor up and carries him out under one arm, still shouting down anyone trying to get in his way. He places the moth medic next to Alex before turning back to the police and proceeding to bully and ridicule them until they just stand their quietly, looking at their feet.

First off, attempt to use stoneforming to extend the edge of the platform towards Rhea(naturegirl), to give her more chance of ending up on the platform rather than the lava below.

Then, 'whistle' for my snek that fell down, or whatever the crystal people equivalent is. See if I can feel any sign of him and if so, if he can get back up here or if he can get to the bore and wait for me there if that's easier.

Then, go help getting Adam out from the rubble.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[11]
Clate not only extends the stone out to catch Rhea, he actually goes a bit overboard. The stone doesn't just form a platform under her, it rushes up and grabs her, wrapping around her like the fingers of a giant hand and immediately stopping her fall.

That done, he heads over to the edge of the platform and calls out for the snake. Way down below, he sees the the snake, a bit shorter now, swimming across the surface of the magma. It reaches the edge of the cavern and begins crawling out. He tells it to meet him at the bore.

Begin Dive to move myself so I fall on the platform
Dive to Telazch since I’m moving myself, a biological creature, then go to Es to move me to the platform

Reinforce Telazch 3 times

Sacrifice a foot to Telazch

Because clate caught you, there's no real reason for this. And I assume you don't want to just sacrifice a foot if you can help it.

Asses self, see if any wounds need to be bandaged.

Then, if I am good enough to get around and do things without bleeding out or anything, go help Alex not die. If I am unsure of how to help though, then don't touch him, I'd rather not make things worse. In that case scan him with wizard eyes to find any internal damage to help the medics stabilize him.

Clate comes over and removes the stones from Adam. Adam checks himself over. Leg is broken, but no big bleeding gashes or anything.  He tries to get up but the combination of leg and concussion make doing that impossible. He just lays back down and waits to be given some help.

Bring Sajuuk to bear the bore to the police station so that our wounded can use the on board medical room. Or use our crawler to drive the wounded to the bore, whatever works best.

As for the experiment, try using various commands on Crystal Friend while he's near the circle of gems and then on the gems themselves. See if any get any reactions.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
We did some experiments in discord. We can do some more there now. Not really enough in character time.

You bring the crawler around to the police station, ironically using the same path that the villains were trying to escape with.  You, along with everyone not injured, help Alex and Adam on. Oh and you get Rhea out of the rock hand that grabbed her.

"Guess I'll try something else, then."

Attempt to create a song that has the opposite effect of Vomit: something that soothes the body and soul. Also, try to create a song that has the opposite effect of Shred: one that patches wounds instead of making them. Use those two song (Vomit and Shred) as templates from which to reverse engineer the new songs.

[9]
The song you make does have a positive effect but...it comes a the price of causing all sorts of unintended negative ones. People feel well but they also fall asleep and have a seizure. Hmm.

Everyone is now back at the bore. Alex is still alive, the doctor kept him going while they moved, but he's not looking good. He's so badly injured that the doctor worries that he may not be able to save him using anything conventional.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: April 13, 2020, 10:57:38 am »

Thank you Clate and Kara, for saving me

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: April 13, 2020, 11:07:56 am »

Spoiler: Level Up (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: April 13, 2020, 12:24:14 pm »

Am I lucid enough to do anything this turn? If not, one entertaining hallucination please! If you can't think of anything, perhaps the mechanical muse will sing for us once more?

If yes, go to Alex and scan him with wizard eyes to determine what exactly is wrong with him to help determine his treatment, wether it be mundane or magical.

Oh, and one lvl-up please!

((Yes, I know I can roll it myself, but I've had decent luck when you roll them and I'm not breaking that streak!))

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 04:04:06 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2756 on: April 13, 2020, 02:22:26 pm »

Level up and continue not dying I guess.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: April 13, 2020, 03:21:36 pm »

any advice on healing dives? I know Telazch is involved

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: April 13, 2020, 11:55:31 pm »

"My advice is surrender your relic fragment immediately. You are on the Bore now, and this is no place for novice Divers to be meddling in Spheres beyond their comprehension.

That goes for any other of you who have them, except Adam."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: April 14, 2020, 07:16:31 am »

"My advice is surrender your relic fragment immediately. You are on the Bore now, and this is no place for novice Divers to be meddling in Spheres beyond their comprehension.

That goes for any other of you who have them, except Adam."
oh right, here
Give relic fragment to AsHul
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:22:27 am by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 231