Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403909 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: It belongs in a museum!
« Reply #2625 on: February 14, 2020, 08:53:15 pm »

Clate, what happened more than 1566.3 years ago that was the beginning of the end for your reign?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 06:28:27 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2626 on: February 16, 2020, 06:03:24 pm »

"I don't see an easy way to get inside the archive without attracting attention, I can probably get in through a window, but I'd have to get past the fence first and unless there's a gap, it's going to alert them. There should be around 60 inside, attacking them by ourselves will be too risky, it may be best if we just wait for the police to arrive."

Observe the compound from a safe distance while we're waiting for the police to arrive.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2627 on: February 18, 2020, 07:42:34 am »

Would Clate be able to control the Huge Friend on his own or would I need to use the control rod?

For that matter, could I use the control rod to order all of Friends in the vehicle Depot? I'm thinking I could order them to move around towards the walls at random to make the distraction more believable and make them pay less attention to the one that dives into the magma.

We could even put on a show of "defeating" them or something. Hmm. There's an idea. Make a career out of being fake monster Hunter.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 07:49:49 am by Parisbre56 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2628 on: February 19, 2020, 07:19:44 am »

Nothing to see here. Moving along. Undive. Bring my magic water and whatever else i did here back with me.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: February 19, 2020, 02:00:50 pm »

Try again, but ask Clate for help. 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2630 on: February 19, 2020, 02:54:26 pm »

Clate, what happened more than 1566.3 years ago that was the beginning of the end for your reign?
The crystal overmind grew impatient and overzealous in its efforts advance our species. It backfired and lead to the current state of affairs. That's the short version, perhaps I'll explain everything I have learned in detail once we are back to safety, outside of the reach of the moths.

Help Adam with his thing, if I can do so before continueing to help Kara.
Then help Kara with Big Heist: Smash&Grab edition. 

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2631 on: February 19, 2020, 03:13:35 pm »

The crystal overmind grew impatient and overzealous in its efforts advance our species. It backfired and lead to the current state of affairs. That's the short version, perhaps I'll explain everything I have learned in detail once we are back to safety, outside of the reach of the moths.
thank you
Continue exploring and search for a living creature/crystal creature not currently controlled by anyone

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2632 on: February 21, 2020, 01:55:50 pm »

"I don't see an easy way to get inside the archive without attracting attention, I can probably get in through a window, but I'd have to get past the fence first and unless there's a gap, it's going to alert them. There should be around 60 inside, attacking them by ourselves will be too risky, it may be best if we just wait for the police to arrive."

Observe the compound from a safe distance while we're waiting for the police to arrive.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
I've nothing creative to add to Hotfire's plan, and really don't want to split up, so yeah.  Follow and assist Alex.

Do ask the police about how long mustering a force will take them, and where/when Nyw and Alex should link up with them.  That seems like a valuable piece of information to obtain.

The good news is that your observation reveals  the general comings and goings of the adherents, the schedule for meetings, and even a good cross section of the attendees. The bad news is that the police report having issues getting permission for a raid and it seems, by what they say, that there are people higher up in the command chain preventing them from acting.  It seems like some of the adherents of the cult must be high ranking government members who are preventing legal action from being carried out. It makes sense, in hindsight,  since the cult has been acting fairly openly in some respects.  You can probably convince some members of the police to join you on an unsanctioned raid, that or maybe try to find out who is stopping them from acting...if you knew what the higher ups looked like, you could compare them to the people you saw entering and leaving the building.

Nothing to see here. Moving along. Undive. Bring my magic water and whatever else i did here back with me.

You return to the normal world and feel oddly sore. As though someone roughed you up while you were diving.

Would Clate be able to control the Huge Friend on his own or would I need to use the control rod?

For that matter, could I use the control rod to order all of Friends in the vehicle Depot? I'm thinking I could order them to move around towards the walls at random to make the distraction more believable and make them pay less attention to the one that dives into the magma.

We could even put on a show of "defeating" them or something. Hmm. There's an idea. Make a career out of being fake monster Hunter.

He could do it on his own.

You could. Not all at once, but you could rapidly point from one to another and order them all to move out in succession within a relatively short period of time.

Try again, but ask Clate for help. 

Help Adam with his thing, if I can do so before continueing to help Kara.
Then help Kara with Big Heist: Smash&Grab edition. 

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
We'll just assume you get them out since he's helping. And since I'm sure you guys want to get a move on.

thank you
Continue exploring and search for a living creature/crystal creature not currently controlled by anyone
You find one. A little egg shaped thing that totters and rolls about. What its purpose is, you don't know.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: February 21, 2020, 07:43:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Carefully carry the egg creature without hurting it and make my way back to the group

What sort of ingredients would I need to craft something soft and warm for the egg so I can help it hatch and protect it?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2634 on: February 22, 2020, 05:51:13 am »

Unless anybody objects, initiate the heist. I'll use the control rod to cause a distraction by ordering the Big Friends around. Meanwhile Clate will take the Huge Friend whose enclosed compartment has been loaded with loot through the magma pool and to a safe spot where he can hang out for a while. He'll use a code of clicks on the radio we've determined beforehand to let us know of his rough location, so that we can then take the bore to him and rescue him and his goods. Unless he can take the Huge Friend all the way up to the cavern the nearby City is located and find a hiding spot there, that would make our job much easier.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: February 24, 2020, 04:43:11 am »

((@Ozarck, Nyw's two hireling kids are on the bore, and are piloting it away from the city temporarily.  If you want an in-character explanation of what happened, Ashul can just interrogate them.))

I'm gonna vote for talking police into running an unsanctioned raid.  If we can get a decent force up, a straight-on assault could be quite effective, and would be rather unexpected.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: February 24, 2020, 07:43:07 am »

((@Ozarck, Nyw's two hireling kids are on the bore, and are piloting it away from the city temporarily.  If you want an in-character explanation of what happened, Ashul can just interrogate them.))
((thanks for the heads up. I haven't been paying any attention to what's been going on outside of AsHul's cloud cuckoolander adventure, so am probably as lost as he is)).

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: February 24, 2020, 11:50:43 am »

Sure, let's move on then (assuming we managed to secretly get those tablets loaded up as well). Use wizard eyes to keep an eye on Clate as he moves about.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2638 on: February 24, 2020, 12:43:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Carefully carry the egg creature without hurting it and make my way back to the group

What sort of ingredients would I need to craft something soft and warm for the egg so I can help it hatch and protect it?

I mean, its an egg shaped crystal creature. It might not hatch. But if you want to try to make it hatch, you'd just need some structural junk [x3] and Mechanical junk [x1] to make an incubator.

Unless anybody objects, initiate the heist. I'll use the control rod to cause a distraction by ordering the Big Friends around. Meanwhile Clate will take the Huge Friend whose enclosed compartment has been loaded with loot through the magma pool and to a safe spot where he can hang out for a while. He'll use a code of clicks on the radio we've determined beforehand to let us know of his rough location, so that we can then take the bore to him and rescue him and his goods. Unless he can take the Huge Friend all the way up to the cavern the nearby City is located and find a hiding spot there, that would make our job much easier.

Sure, let's move on then (assuming we managed to secretly get those tablets loaded up as well). Use wizard eyes to keep an eye on Clate as he moves about.

[9]
Yes, you managed to grab the tablets.

Now, where are we shooting for Clate to get to? Here's the local map

The ruins you guys are in are at the bottom there, with the blue diamonds.  Chamel is the closest open of course but it might cause some ruckus.  Mason and Anvil are also theoretically viable though a giant crystal creature arising from the lava would get people's attention for sure.  You could have him go down into the long horizontal extensions of the magma reserve and then drill in through those natural caves, though you'll have to be careful. The bore can't survive being in lava so you'd have to make a sort of "Moon pool" for the crystal mover to pop up into. You could do that from basically anywhere on the route where you can get in from above.

Or we can assume going blind and hoping he finds a good place on his own and then you track him down. However, remember that radio doesn't really work without open space or transmission cables. Its not gonna go through miles of solid stone.

I'm gonna vote for talking police into running an unsanctioned raid.  If we can get a decent force up, a straight-on assault could be quite effective, and would be rather unexpected.

A fair choice.  The only issue here is that you and hotfire don't have the best cunning in the world. I can  just roll it and see what happens, or you can try to get advantage some how, or you can present an in character argument and if its convincing they'll accept it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: February 25, 2020, 10:56:34 am »

Or we can assume going blind and hoping he finds a good place on his own and then you track him down. However, remember that radio doesn't really work without open space or transmission cables. Its not gonna go through miles of solid stone.

Could Adam keep track of him by using wizard eyes? After all, they can look through solid matter and seem to be capable of zooming, right? The idea being that Clate could dig to somewhere below the Silversmith path (but without emerging to stay hidden), then we take the bore and go to him to collect our stuff.

Alternatively/in addition to, could I try to use a dive to put a sort of 'tracker' on him to allow us to easily locate him (or for Adam to know in what direction to look for him)? Or perhaps enchant an item to act as a sort of 'Clate detector'? It doesn't need to be extremely precise, and not even all that far-ranged since we'll know he's somewhere under the silversmith path.

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 231