Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 403888 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: It belongs in a museum!
« Reply #2610 on: February 07, 2020, 11:56:15 am »

I got skipped  :'(

"a what now? Telescope that can see through solid matter? Amazing! Yes, please do show me where you found this, sister, I would like to study it.

As for your relic fragment, I am willing to give it back to you. First I'd like to inquire however, what is the goal of your dive? And which path do you think of walking through the spheres to achieve it?"

Be shown the way to the telescope. Check out its make, use wizard eyes to look inside it as well. How does it look through solid stone? Does it work in a similar way to my wizard eyes? Or is it a diving effect perhaps?
”I’m thinking Akhmah, Belarim because it is technology, and Yengenze so that the knowledge obtained enters my mind, but I’m unsure which action spheres to go to to learn who made it and/or how long ago it was made”

"Hmm. I think that that Belarim is a good option for the material sphere indeed. And I do believe brother Ashul managed in the past to learn great secrets by summoning them with Yengenze, so that seems like a solid choice as well! And I think that's sufficient actually, I don't suspect you will need another sphere to learn the things you wish to learn. Of course, the success of your dive itself will also determine what secrets, if any, you are shown.

Now, in terms of reinforcement, what did you have in mind? And what about the environment, do you think this location is secure enough for you to commune with the beyond with peace of mind?

Finally, have you considered offering something up as a sacrifice to get on the good side of god and the beings of the spheres? Since we are trying to learn about an artifact presumably made by these crystal beings, or at least with a connection to them, perhaps offering up something that itself is made by or connected to the crystal race would work well?"

”I found some gems that look like opals. Will these work?”(shows opals to Adam) I think diving near the telescope would be fine, since it is what we are learning about”

"These do look splendid indeed! Why yes, I suspect they will serve quite well. Good thinking, sister. We'll make a great diver out of you yet."

Adam,  can I have my artifact fragment so I can dive?

"Ok then. Just don't overdo it with the number of reinforcements, all right?"

Give back the artifact, assuming the environment here counts at least as neutral. Watch over the dive, try to intervene if things seem to go awry.

Should things not explode into demons for once, consider whether just taking these lenses would be enough to recreate the effect later on, or would we need to take this entire telescope with us? And if we could, would this effect still work even when not in a crystal ruin?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

"Congratulations on your first dive!" Adam pats Rhea on her shoulder as her mind exits the spheres, seemingly without any otherworldly intrusions.
"And what a success it was indeed! This is your first step on the way to becoming a full fledged disciple of the god in the deep and an experienced diver.

Now, do you have another immediate dive in mind? If not, I'd like to ask you for your relic fragment back for the time being. One good dive does not a master make, after all!"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 12:01:40 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: February 07, 2020, 03:29:08 pm »

I got skipped  :'(

"a what now? Telescope that can see through solid matter? Amazing! Yes, please do show me where you found this, sister, I would like to study it.

As for your relic fragment, I am willing to give it back to you. First I'd like to inquire however, what is the goal of your dive? And which path do you think of walking through the spheres to achieve it?"

Be shown the way to the telescope. Check out its make, use wizard eyes to look inside it as well. How does it look through solid stone? Does it work in a similar way to my wizard eyes? Or is it a diving effect perhaps?
”I’m thinking Akhmah, Belarim because it is technology, and Yengenze so that the knowledge obtained enters my mind, but I’m unsure which action spheres to go to to learn who made it and/or how long ago it was made”

"Hmm. I think that that Belarim is a good option for the material sphere indeed. And I do believe brother Ashul managed in the past to learn great secrets by summoning them with Yengenze, so that seems like a solid choice as well! And I think that's sufficient actually, I don't suspect you will need another sphere to learn the things you wish to learn. Of course, the success of your dive itself will also determine what secrets, if any, you are shown.

Now, in terms of reinforcement, what did you have in mind? And what about the environment, do you think this location is secure enough for you to commune with the beyond with peace of mind?

Finally, have you considered offering something up as a sacrifice to get on the good side of god and the beings of the spheres? Since we are trying to learn about an artifact presumably made by these crystal beings, or at least with a connection to them, perhaps offering up something that itself is made by or connected to the crystal race would work well?"

”I found some gems that look like opals. Will these work?”(shows opals to Adam) I think diving near the telescope would be fine, since it is what we are learning about”

"These do look splendid indeed! Why yes, I suspect they will serve quite well. Good thinking, sister. We'll make a great diver out of you yet."

Adam,  can I have my artifact fragment so I can dive?

"Ok then. Just don't overdo it with the number of reinforcements, all right?"

Give back the artifact, assuming the environment here counts at least as neutral. Watch over the dive, try to intervene if things seem to go awry.

Should things not explode into demons for once, consider whether just taking these lenses would be enough to recreate the effect later on, or would we need to take this entire telescope with us? And if we could, would this effect still work even when not in a crystal ruin?

"Congratulations on your first dive!" Adam pats Rhea on her shoulder as her mind exits the spheres, seemingly without any otherworldly intrusions.
"And what a success it was indeed! This is your first step on the way to becoming a full fledged disciple of the god in the deep and an experienced diver.

Now, do you have another immediate dive in mind? If not, I'd like to ask you for your relic fragment back for the time being. One good dive does not a master make, after all!"

I was thinking about a dive to learn what caused the crystal people’s reign to end, but am unsure what sphere to use other than Yengenze since they are made or crystal. Do I go to Tzimtvit and Telazch or just one of them?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: February 08, 2020, 03:47:12 am »

((quote pyramids are generally discouraged on this forum, due to some glitch that can cause the forum to crash if hte pyramid gets too large. I don't know if htat issue has ever been resolved or not, so try to snip out some layers of the pyramid when you carry on long conversations like this.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: February 08, 2020, 12:10:17 pm »

((Ok, sorry. What kind of glitch happens? I’m tempted to start a new topic and lock it, and the idea is to figure out how many layers until the glitch happens and delete the last layer, to figure out the maximum non glitch pyramid, strictly for curiosity’s sake. I will of course not do something like this on other threads))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: February 08, 2020, 02:11:17 pm »

"Excellent work, Alex!  Convincing the man to give up so much information, without having to damage him, is truly a commendable feat!"  Nyw cheerfully proclaims, as he claps a heavy hand on Alex's shoulder.  Then he turns away and puts one hand to the bottom of his mask.  "Now then, we should be able to begin the assault near immediately, but should we seek assistance?  These criminals have turned out to be far more powerful and organized than is reasonable.  It's possible even the police can't be trusted, they may have been subverted by criminal influence.  Waiting for the rest of the bore crew to return from... wherever they went, that might be wise.  Just you and I alone do not make an army, Alex.  Though an army is not necessary.  Hrm.  Well, if we're fast about it, even subverted police might be of assistance, as they certainly can't be entirely corrupt..."

Pretty much, Hotfire's got this.  Nyw will accompany Alex, but will leave Gus and Baxter inside the bore, and direct them to not let anyone inside unless they're part of the bore crew.  Also, if more cultists show up to attack or set a trap, tell them to just have the bore leave and come back in [some pre-arranged timeframe, probably however long the crystal exploration people were expected to take].

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: February 09, 2020, 07:45:45 am »

((Ok, sorry. What kind of glitch happens? I’m tempted to start a new topic and lock it, and the idea is to figure out how many layers until the glitch happens and delete the last layer, to figure out the maximum non glitch pyramid, strictly for curiosity’s sake. I will of course not do something like this on other threads))
((I recommend not doing that. Good way to get the forum masters angry at you. It doesn't just affect the thread you are on, it affects the whole forum.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: February 09, 2020, 03:03:38 pm »

((I recommend not doing that. Good way to get the forum masters angry at you. It doesn't just affect the thread you are on, it affects the whole forum.))
((thanks, I didn't know that))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2617 on: February 09, 2020, 03:37:51 pm »

((Doing prep for a dosimetery interview that is coming up soon, so posts might become less frequent for a week or so. ))

Mortal peril in the natural realm can wait. Let's squeeze through the gap into the enchanted sunlight.

[10]
You start crawling through the squeeze, but your rather unfortunately cluttered and malformed body gets caught about halfway through. You wriggle and squirm but cannot get free.

You think that maybe, if you had all the lenses you might be able to recreate the effect. However, its all very precise, so you'd probably need to create your own enclosure and telescope body. As per if it will work outside the ruin...maybe. You think that your favorite crystal boy might have to empower it, but it will probably work then.

"Excellent work, Alex!  Convincing the man to give up so much information, without having to damage him, is truly a commendable feat!"  Nyw cheerfully proclaims, as he claps a heavy hand on Alex's shoulder.  Then he turns away and puts one hand to the bottom of his mask.  "Now then, we should be able to begin the assault near immediately, but should we seek assistance?  These criminals have turned out to be far more powerful and organized than is reasonable.  It's possible even the police can't be trusted, they may have been subverted by criminal influence.  Waiting for the rest of the bore crew to return from... wherever they went, that might be wise.  Just you and I alone do not make an army, Alex.  Though an army is not necessary.  Hrm.  Well, if we're fast about it, even subverted police might be of assistance, as they certainly can't be entirely corrupt..."

Pretty much, Hotfire's got this.  Nyw will accompany Alex, but will leave Gus and Baxter inside the bore, and direct them to not let anyone inside unless they're part of the bore crew.  Also, if more cultists show up to attack or set a trap, tell them to just have the bore leave and come back in [some pre-arranged timeframe, probably however long the crystal exploration people were expected to take].

After having finished questioning the witness, Alex returns to Nyw, the blood phantom still floating behind him. "We won't need diving afterall, he's cooperating now and told me what he knew, I had to promise him immunity for that though. Turns out that he doesn't know who the leader is, but he did provide me with the names of several high level staff and the location of what appears to be their main base. Their base is likely to be heavily defended and while they are aware of us, we might still be able to catch them off-guard if we're fast enough.

I'm gonna head back into town and report our findings to the authorities, they can deal with arresting the higher level people and maybe I can even get them to assist us with our raid."

Now that he's cooperating get everything useful about the cult out of him, if he knows about the location of the cults main base, then surely he also can give an estimate as to how many members of the cult we can expect to meet there. Go to the medical room on the bore and bandage up my stab wound, observe whether treating my wound has any effect on the knife and the phantom.

Should the blood phantom still be there after I've treated my wound, ask it to hide itself or to leave if it can't or won't hide. Head back into town after that and report our findings to the authorities, mention that the cult sent a heavily armed hitsquad after us and ask them for assistance with the raid on the base. Keep an eye out for any shady people or cult hitsquads following me while I'm in town.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

He estimates that there are about 60 members that he's seen there, but there are supposedly 100 more out in the city.

Treating the wound causes the phantom and the knife to vanish.

[13] You return to the town and manage not to get ganked on the way. You turn in the information you have, including the information about the hit squads, and ask for assistance in raiding the base. The local authorities ask you to give them some time to set up a proper response to the information.

"Hmm... I suppose this is fortune telling me that it is wrong to take this amount of loot... That's right! This is too little loot! I must not be afraid to dream bigger!"
Okay then, I choose the BIGGEST mover with an enclosed magmaproof carrying compartment.

The plan is to load it up with all the pretty things I can fit in there, including those beautiful statues of the old races. Then I can just order it to break through the wall using its own strength. Since it is enclosed, then both the loot and we will be protected. And that also means that the Ethral won't be able to tell that it's us in there or that we've taken all the loot, for all they know we accidentally activated some sort of defense system and it attacked us. They haven't even seen the loot we're taking, so that means they won't know anything is missing. There is the problem of navigating without being able to see outside, but I can use Clate's stonesense for that. Then we just navigate through the magma where they can't follow us, searching for a place where we can hide the loot so we can later recover it with the bore. Then we can go back and give them some "belly of the beast" story about how that golem captured us and we went on a magical journey or something.

Would that sort of plan work?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Alright.

That could work.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2618 on: February 11, 2020, 05:24:43 am »

Excellent! Start loading the Huge Friend with all the loot I can take there while not attracting attention. Oh, but first check the enclosed compartment to make sure there's nothing dangerous in there. If I can't get it to open by rubbing Crystal Friend on it, then maybe I can order it to CARRY or EAT me? And use DROP when I need to leave?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: February 11, 2020, 07:06:24 am »

« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 07:36:27 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Hotfire90

« Reply #2620 on: February 11, 2020, 11:02:18 am »

Next stop is their compound. Look for alternative ways of entry, maybe some windows I can climb through with my grappling hook.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2621 on: February 11, 2020, 03:35:18 pm »

I'm not completely convinced it's a good idea™, but I'm 100% down with friend Kara's big heist plan. So help her out with that in any way I can.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: February 14, 2020, 02:26:46 pm »

I was thinking about a dive to learn what caused the crystal people’s reign to end, but am unsure what sphere to use other than Yengenze since they are made or crystal. Do I go to Tzimtvit and Telazch or just one of them?
"Well, before you try your hand at another dive, have you considered simply asking brother Clate these questions?"

You think that maybe, if you had all the lenses you might be able to recreate the effect. However, its all very precise, so you'd probably need to create your own enclosure and telescope body. As per if it will work outside the ruin...maybe. You think that your favorite crystal boy might have to empower it, but it will probably work then.

Empower once, or empower every time someone wants to use it?

Either way, yeah, try to dismantle it and collect the important pieces. After that, assist with the collecting of the other loot, starting with those opals.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2623 on: February 14, 2020, 06:50:54 pm »

Excellent! Start loading the Huge Friend with all the loot I can take there while not attracting attention. Oh, but first check the enclosed compartment to make sure there's nothing dangerous in there. If I can't get it to open by rubbing Crystal Friend on it, then maybe I can order it to CARRY or EAT me? And use DROP when I need to leave?

I'm not completely convinced it's a good idea™, but I'm 100% down with friend Kara's big heist plan. So help her out with that in any way I can.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
I'm gonna assume you guys load up the stuff you want this turn. With clate here I'll just assume he can do basically anything related to crystal junk. No need to roll for opening or controlling.

"Well, before you try your hand at another dive, have you considered simply asking brother Clate these questions?"

Empower once, or empower every time someone wants to use it?

Either way, yeah, try to dismantle it and collect the important pieces. After that, assist with the collecting of the other loot, starting with those opals.

Basically to turn it on. Think of clate like a big power generator. For your magic telescope. Not a perfect analog but you get the drift.
[16]
So you fail, BUT the good news is that you don't damage the lenses. You just cannot figure out how to get them out without damaging them. They're all...integrated into the metal and such.

And we'll assume you can get those opals over via several trips with a bucket.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dive to Yengenze, Telazch, then Tzimzvot to figure out what caused the Crystal People's reign to end
I'm pretty sure you're not at 12 Nerve. Think you lost some to an earlier dive. Regardless, this dive isn't going to net you much of anything, since none of your spheres are reinforced. At best it will just be like "They died because something bad happened".

Next stop is their compound. Look for alternative ways of entry, maybe some windows I can climb through with my grappling hook.
Their compound, as it turns out, is an old archive. One that was made obsolete some years ago when a newer, better archive was built. Its in a older section of town as well, where the buildings are generally smaller and less ornate. It sort of resembles the long metal hangers that they build bore parts in - tall walls and an arch shaped ceiling - but made of what might be stone, adobe, or maybe just plaster? Its about 3 stories high and has many windows, but only those on the upper levels are large enough for you to easily get through. Most of the lower floor windows are akin to portholes. You think you might be able to squeeze through if they were open but it wouldn't exactly be easy or dignified. The main doors are metal, very ornate, with all sorts of scenes engraved on them. The building is built onto the side of a large rock formation and though it has no "yard" or grounds of any kind, they've created a sort of metal fence around it, which extends from the building itself on metal rods. Its quite an elegant faux-fence, made of sharp 6-8 foot barbs in brass, which vary their lengths in a regular pattern and give it a flowing appearance. Despite this, its gonna make getting to the non-rock sides of the building an utter nightmare. There are some people around, but none that look inherently like guards or watchers.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: February 14, 2020, 06:56:50 pm »

I've nothing creative to add to Hotfire's plan, and really don't want to split up, so yeah.  Follow and assist Alex.

Do ask the police about how long mustering a force will take them, and where/when Nyw and Alex should link up with them.  That seems like a valuable piece of information to obtain.

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 231