Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404436 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2430 on: November 18, 2019, 05:28:22 pm »

Clate fiddles with the radio again, clumsy in his crystal tentacles. He sends the following to everyone on the bore who can recieve it.

Code: [Select]
.- -. -.-- / --- ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. / --- .-. / -. --- -

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: November 19, 2019, 04:35:53 am »

Clate fiddles with the radio again, clumsy in his crystal tentacles. He sends the following to everyone on the bore who can recieve it.
.- -. -.-- / --- ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- -.-. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. / --- .-. / -. --- -

"Such haste, my my. Very well, since it seems we have people attending the reparations of the bore, we'll get ourselves ready to go."

Ready to go on the crystal ruins exploration. Go introduce myself to the moths, suppress the urge to end their wretched lives in holy slaughter. Don't mention things like wizard eyes though, keep the ol' robe worn long. If they ask, I'm just here to help out and study the crystal ruins.

In case we aren't moving out yet this turn, some research: would it be possible to link multiple teleporter knives to a single destination portal?

And conversely, what about one knife with multiple possible destination portals? 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 04:23:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Last Fire
« Reply #2432 on: November 19, 2019, 05:21:52 am »

I do have some small skill in mechanics and electronics, if you want I could take a look at the bore and see what I could affect repair wise? If not I'll join on whatever expedition you're heading on, though I'd probably want to grab a couple weapons first.

In the meantime test the use of the Grappling arm, testing ease of use, responsiveness and how well the flesh of it still works.

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 09:38:48 am by banelord »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2433 on: November 19, 2019, 07:36:07 am »

I do have some small skill in mechanics and electronics, if you want I could take a look at the bore and see what I could affect repair wise? If not I'll join on whatever expedition you're heading on, though I'd probably want to grab a couple weapons first.

"I recommend you go on the expedition. I am sure that Friend Clate could use your formidable assistance. I will return your fargment for the expedition, but conceal it well, lest the moths become jittery. More jittery. If they ask about your current condition, lie. Feel free to use me as a scapegoat. I t seems I will not be able to join you all on this one.

Speaking of fragments, find that human that was here moments ago and take her along as well. Brother Adam has her fragment, and I am sure she will delight in the wonders of the Chrystal people as we all have in the past."

AsHul shifts his attention toward Adam, like a paper bag full of potatoes slumping over.

"Brother, I am most curious as to whether you might find another Star Dragon in this city. Please alert me immediately if that is the case. I wish to stake a claim, if possible. Also, this expedition begins as our first ended: chaos and Diver death. Pray that this expedition does not end as that one began. Alert me should that be the case as well. I may ... assist you." AsHul's eye twitches spasmodically in the direction of the glowing portal. It's hard to tell if this means anything, however, or if AsHul is merely suffering an epileptic episode.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 07:44:31 am by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: November 21, 2019, 11:17:41 am »

In case we're all set to go for the crystal adventure, lead the team towards the crystal uplink. Keep an eye the feeling/connection I have with the crystal overmind as we get closer to the uplink

If we can't embark on our trip yet, just keep stonesense sonar'ing the city for points of interest.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2435 on: November 21, 2019, 12:56:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lead the repair person to the bore
Done.

Search for local jobs and bounties next. Focus on high paying jobs, nothing under 100 fathoms.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
[6]
The best paying job you can find in town, that doesn't require you to go elsewhere, is a bounty on the producer of an illegal drug called "Haze".  Its over 1000 fathoms but there are few leads.

AsHul will loom disconcertingly over any outsiders (or Bore crew) who attempt to examine, prod, test, fiddle wiht, monkey with, tinker upon, or otherwise interfere with the Seal. He'll want detailed information on the repair plan, should such a repair be feasible. He'll be willing to explain what we know of how the portal formed and what we did to contain it.

Meanwhile, contemplate the necessary Dive to transfer some of the creative energies from the portal into one of his guitars. Would a simple summon spell be viable, or would that effectively unleash a mini portal, causing damage to the guitar and/or AsHul's person? Would the Dive need to add a Seal as well? If so, would it be easier and/or safer to simply Enchant the Guitar with Creation?

20 Fathoms total deducted for supplies.

You oversee everything having to do with the seal while thinking about your own future meddling with it.

You are pretty sure that any sort of fiddling with it is gonna either cause or require the breaking of this seal. This seal is, after all, absolute. It was designed to hold it in, with no vent or tap on that power. Its possible you could dive to create a hole in that seal out of which to draw power, but such a thing is dangerous. Instead, you might try to somehow link the portal's power to the guitar. A sort of channel that could be turned off and on.

"Ah yes, thank you brother Nyw, I'll take it into my care for now. Do you know the name of this new diver, by any chance?"

Nyw nods.  "I believe it is 'Rhea', though I did not catch her surname.  A human, like yourself, wearing strange clothes that I have not seen before."

"Honored One, I think that is an unnecessary restriction, as small Dives have a small effect, even when they go wrong, and Diving into the Spheres do not seem to carry the same risk of sudden destruction. Ah, Honored One, that is a look we Abominations are well familiar with. Yes, for now I will abide by the request, unless necessary, as it was moments ago."

"Hmm.  I will defer to your judgement then, Ashul; if you do not believe simple diving will pose a danger to this bore or its crew, then I will trust you in that.  Although, I must ask that you err on the side of caution.  If a powerful dive is necessary for whatever reason, and you have the time and freedom to do so, please, do conduct it elsewhere?  You understand my worries, I'm sure."

Guard the seal with Ashul.

You prevent any sort of dangerous fiddling with the portal. Or diving in the area. Or testing of weapons. Or any of the other many dumb things that could happen.

In the meantime test the use of the Grappling arm, testing ease of use, responsiveness and how well the flesh of it still works.

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)

The hook has replaced your right hand and some of the forearm, fusing into the remaining arm. It still functions as you'd expect, though it does so with a thought not a trigger pull. Also, the shot seems to be able to be guided a bit in air and the cord seems to be at least partially under your control, letting you worm it about a bit on top of just retracting it.  The remaining arm still functions as you'd expect.

"Such haste, my my. Very well, since it seems we have people attending the reparations of the bore, we'll get ourselves ready to go."

Ready to go on the crystal ruins exploration. Go introduce myself to the moths, suppress the urge to end their wretched lives in holy slaughter. Don't mention things like wizard eyes though, keep the ol' robe worn long. If they ask, I'm just here to help out and study the crystal ruins.

In case we aren't moving out yet this turn, some research: would it be possible to link multiple teleporter knives to a single destination portal?

And conversely, what about one knife with multiple possible destination portals? 

In case we're all set to go for the crystal adventure, lead the team towards the crystal uplink. Keep an eye the feeling/connection I have with the crystal overmind as we get closer to the uplink

If we can't embark on our trip yet, just keep stonesense sonar'ing the city for points of interest.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Alright so these two and Paris are, so far, the only ones on the expedition. Anyone else? We're leaving next turn. The bore is being repaired in the meantime and we can assume it is...relatively safe to leave it.

Adam introduces himself to the moths and they seem to accept him, though with a great deal of obvious consideration to his clear church connections. They seem to be making careful preparations to hide anything valuable from him.

Also yes, multiple knives to one point is possible, as is one knife to multiple points, though the second is a lot more complex and will need a way to "Command" it to go somewhere specific.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: November 21, 2019, 01:35:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go with the others on the expedition
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 02:01:34 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2437 on: November 21, 2019, 02:38:46 pm »

Won't be fucking with the seal any time soon, then.

Remain on the bore. AsHul will be spending his time designing a song that shapes and strengthens support structures like those in the Bore. Iron? Steel? Consider what kind of sacrifice would be reasonable to aid in enchanting a guitar with alteration (Sige). Additionally, consider how to make asacrifice hile playing a song to enhance/control the pseudo-Dive effect.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 04:31:47 pm by Ozarck »

Genet1k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: November 21, 2019, 04:25:01 pm »

While enjoying his weekly walk outside of town, Richard spots the bore some distance away. Curious, he approaches it. He looks around to see if a crew member happens to be outside.

Spoiler: Richard Newguy, Human (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 04:34:47 pm by Genet1k »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 21, 2019, 04:35:39 pm »

A horrible lump appears at an airlock. It stares vaguely in the general direction of Newguy. Probably. If that thing on what might be a face could be considered an eye, anyway.

"Greetings, stranger."

Genet1k

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: November 21, 2019, 05:07:25 pm »

A horrible lump appears at an airlock. It stares vaguely in the general direction of Newguy. Probably. If that thing on what might be a face could be considered an eye, anyway.

"Greetings, stranger."

"Hello! Looking really swell today. Say, is there, perhaps, an opening available for a medical professional on this bore of yours?"

Spoiler: Richard Newguy, Human (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 05:14:35 pm by Genet1k »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: November 21, 2019, 07:58:24 pm »

The thing shrugs. well, it kinda scrunches up like a crumpled piece of paper. The effect is vaguely similar to a shrug.

"We have room. We might even have use. We do have another medico somewhere, but he seems ot be otherwise occupied these days. If yo uare interested in applying to be part of the crew, well, there is a group right now going on an expedition. Gather your things and report to that group. If the moths will let you through, I imagine my fellow travelers will accept your assistance."

The mishapen sack of broken industrial machinery moves away fro the airlock, then moves back suddenly.

"Join up at your own risk, traveler. Life on this Bore is ... interesting."

((bold text an action to "Join the Expedition" so the GM knows you are here, and welcome aboard. Be aware - medic class tends to be either underused, or somewhat ridiculous in nature, so be flexible in your game play and feel free to branch out into action medicine, harmacist, or mad scientist. Think Medic from Team Fortress 2 for inspiration.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: November 22, 2019, 11:18:09 am »

Also yes, multiple knives to one point is possible,
1) Does this require a change in the dive required to make the knife or the destination portal?

as is one knife to multiple points, though the second is a lot more complex and will need a way to "Command" it to go somewhere specific.
2) Does this require a change in the dive required to make the knife or the destination portal?

3) Would something like a selection dial on the knife itself work, where you turn something like a little ring in the knife to select a destination portal?

Other that that, still ready to go.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2443 on: November 22, 2019, 01:11:50 pm »

Armed with a new lucrative job, Alex returns back to the bore. Ignoring and brushing past AsHul and the visitor, directly heading to a spot where everyone on the bore can hear him.

"Hey everyone, I got us a very straightforward and lucrative job, all we have to do is to find the producer of this illegal drug called Haze and bring them to justice. The payout is over a thousand fathoms and I expect this to be an easy job, we just have to find the producer and capture them."

Any conditions for the bounty like bringing them in alive or do they not care about that? And what else do I know other than that the producer is still in town?

Start the bounty hunting by investigating the leads.

Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2444 on: November 22, 2019, 04:32:24 pm »

Make it very clear to everyone that we should be respectful and thankful to our moth friends for letting us explore their Crystal people ruins with them and should also be extra careful not to mess anything up or otherwise inconvenience them. Use sock puppets and very simple words if I have to.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 231