Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404479 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2400 on: November 10, 2019, 09:00:33 pm »

Prevent the new guy from cutting the seal.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: November 10, 2019, 09:11:32 pm »

"Well, that went better than it could have, all things considered."

Nyw nods, responding with a surprisingly cheery tone "Indeed!  For a moment, I believed this to be my time.  Thank you Adam, Ashul; your rapid reactions saved many lives today.  Pity about the moth, but all told I expected much greater losses!"

"Brother Adam, Honored Nyw, may I suggest we institute a standing policy that, on this Bore and in our crew, all relic fragments must be handed over to one of us for safekeeping until we can decide that their Diving efforts will not ..." AsHul waves at the anomaly, his arm moving in staccato bursts.

"A wise suggestion, yes.  This is the second time a novice diver has destroyed themself through the spheres, and..." Nyw looks down at the unconscious mole "...I've long lost track of the number of minor failures.  For all our sakes, I will try to help ensure this is the last suicide."

Rhea Alcove notices the fungus and tries to leave the bore, cutting at some of the fungus with her Cleaver

First, before anything else, if the above action is actually happening as described, decapitate this lady immediately.  With the Murakumo.  Naturegirl of course isn't intending to try and remove the seal, and probably shouldn't be able to regardless, but that's her action, and Nyw will react to that action as an attempt to kill everyone present.

If sanity prevails and the newbie doesn't attempt to kill us all, return Adam's black flame, then tie up the unconscious mole diver.  Better safe than sorry.  Afterwards, go searching around the bore for injured and wounded; explain what happened and the current situation to any crew found, and if the newbie is encountered, politely ask her if she is a diver or otherwise in possession of a relic fragment.  EDIT: Naturegirl fixed her action, and is apparently just skipping over the RP opportunity, so nevermind!  Nyw just takes her relic fragment.

Also, what's the status of Nyw's two human followers?  I believe both are out in the Ethral town and therefore safe, but checking is prolly wise.

((Not immediately speaking to Rhea because I kinda doubt she really gets to spawn instantly into the same room as the rest of the divers.  This way lets Piecewise establish where she is.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: November 10, 2019, 09:21:53 pm »

I will change this
What about this?
Rhea Alcove notices the fungus and tries to leave the bore

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: November 11, 2019, 07:20:46 am »

: If you guys wanna head on somewhere else, feel free to do so. I'll need at least a couple of days here. Just leave the crawler if you don't need it. :

Over radio: "I thought we were going to explore the ruins with the whole team, were we not? Isn't that the reason we all came down here for?"

"I'll take a look, just tell me what the hell happened."
"One of our new compatriots turned out to be a tad bit overambitious with regards to her capacity for diving into the spheres. We've seen things like this before, though not quite as destructive."

"Brother Adam, Honored Nyw, may I suggest we institute a standing policy that, on this Bore and in our crew, all relic fragments must be handed over to one of us for safekeeping until we can decide that their Diving efforts will not ..." AsHul waves at the anomaly, his arm moving in staccato bursts.
"A prudent proposal, though one has to wonder how half of the locales in our subterranean world haven't been consumed yet in a conflagration of overzealous, incompetent or malicious diver mishaps, given the apparent lack of oversight on relic fragments or their users. God provides, I suppose."

"A wise suggestion, yes.  This is the second time a novice diver has destroyed themself through the spheres, and..." Nyw looks down at the unconscious mole "...I've long lost track of the number of minor failures.  For all our sakes, I will try to help ensure this is the last suicide."
"Thank you, honorable ancestor, for your continued vigilance and expeditious responses. May god watch over you as you watch over us."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2404 on: November 11, 2019, 07:47:52 am »

"A prudent proposal, though one has to wonder how half of the locales in our subterranean world haven't been consumed yet in a conflagration of overzealous, incompetent or malicious diver mishaps, given the apparent lack of oversight on relic fragments or their users. God provides, I suppose."

"Thank you, honorable ancestor, for your continued vigilance and expeditious responses. May god watch over you as you watch over us."
"I imagine we have been getting a rather higher concentration of unsupervised fragments than is typical among the civilized. We are a rather ramshackle crew, of low standing and questionable pedigree. as such, it seems likely that we attract more than the normal amount of troublemakers. As well, I am certain that more than a few incidents such as this have happened, wherever Divers have been present in this world. We sit atop caverns full of ruins, aberrations, twisted things, and even extinct races. Undoubtedly, the naive application of Diving has been involved in a fair number of those situations."

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Last Fire
« Reply #2405 on: November 11, 2019, 07:54:14 am »

Wake up to relic fragment being retrieved.

"Excuse me, could I have that back. That dive was unfortunate, and whatever that mess over there," he indicates to the seal, "was, I was uninvolved with, but our undead companion here was prepared for my incident. I'll stick to the mundane mechanical for now, I need to check how this arm works and to ensure that nothing on my body starts protesting or decaying as a result. I also need to work on making some instruments for you. But if you don't give the fragment back I won't have ready access to minor works, and don't just say you can give it back if I need it, because you aren't going to be sticking to me like a Cave Hawk I presume."

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 10:20:44 am by banelord »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 11, 2019, 08:02:59 am »

"Patience, Gregarious Mole. I am sure an agreeable arrangement can be achieved. But until that discussion is had - a discussion you are, of course, a vital participant in - I think it best for everyone's sake to wait. Your words of restraint are an encouraging start, and we will have you back in the action as soon as is reasonable."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 11, 2019, 12:12:42 pm »

Over radio: "I thought we were going to explore the ruins with the whole team, were we not? Isn't that the reason we all came down here for?"

Clate fiddles with the radio buttons, sending out short bursts of static

Code: [Select]
... ..- .-. .

-- --- - .... ... / -- .- -.-- / .- .-. --. ..- .

-.-. .- .-. . ..-. ..- .-.. / -. --- / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- ..- .--. ...

--- .-. / . .-.. ... .

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: November 11, 2019, 05:52:09 pm »

"Suspicious. Those two have been acting rather furtively since our encounter with the Apostate Warrior and our return to Empyrean."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: November 11, 2019, 06:33:56 pm »

Who or what is the Apostate Warrior?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: November 11, 2019, 07:24:13 pm »

"Please hand any Relic Fragments you possess over to the Honorable One. He will keep it safe for yo uuntil such time as you either leave the Bore on expedition, have need of it for an approved Dive, or leave our company altogether."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 11, 2019, 07:46:33 pm »

Fair enough
(before running out of the Bore, she gives Nyw the relic fragment as she passes him, Nyw can add Relic Fragment to inventory, it is already removed from mine)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2412 on: November 13, 2019, 02:35:03 pm »

First things first, closely inspect the seal we made and try to determine if it will hold. Is the portal inside stable or still growing more powerful?
If it seems good, go yell at our brave compatriots that the coast is clear. 

What does the seal seem to be 'made of'? And how is the seal interacting with the bore exactly? The shell filaments are fused to parts of the bore, correct? Does it look like we could 'cut out' the portal and shell by cutting around the metal it is fused to? If yes, could we transport it?

Oh, and take back the black flame I had given to Nyw.

"I'll take a look at the seal we made to determine its condition, could one of you fine technically-minded folks do a damage assessment of the bore and what we'll need to repair it? Harm, Alex, you guys up for that?"

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
It seems to be holding and the portal seems stable.

The seal seems to be made of glass, though thats only the closest analog you can think of. Its smooth, transparent, slightly crystalline like cut glass. And yes, its got "Roots" extending out all around it. Cutting it out would require you to cut out...hard to say but a lot of the bore's middle. It would probably require a dock and specialized tools to make sure the bore didn't collapse as you stripped sections of it away.  The thing is in there like a weed, all curled and knotted around everything.

Ok.

: If you guys wanna head on somewhere else, feel free to do so. I'll need at least a couple of days here. Just leave the crawler if you don't need it. :

I'm fine with waiting a couple of days for the expedition, I don't have anything to do at the moment. While I wait, go check out the scientists and see if I can get them to tell me anything fun/interesting/exciting about what they do/learn here. Oh, and ask if I can bring guns to the expedition.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[6]
You poke around and try to, through investigation, conversation, and inferences figure out something neat about the place. You discover that it seems like the moths realize the city is growing out of control and they're actually making use of it; harvesting the grown stuff and leaving the old stuff in place. Gives you the feeling they might prefer to keep it has it is. They might be using that raw material for...unscientific goals.

"I'll take a look, just tell me what the hell happened."

Return to the bore and do a proper damage assessment.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
[1]
The thing is fucked. Well, maybe not fucked but its definitely damaged. It managed to tear into a lot of the between deck plates during its rampage and puncture holes in the walls. This thing is about as water or air tight as a sponge and the extensive damage means it could fail if put under too much stress. You think that there should be some emergency repairs and reinforcing done on it before it moves again, or it might just split in two.

Rhea Alcove notices the fungus and tries to leave the bore
We'll assume you're outside the bore.

AsHul's face slumps on one side, as if he's had a sudden stroke. Teh other side twists into a gnarled mass, one wiry eyebrow lowering deeply across his camera lens eye. a hint of a tinny echo and the sound of a scratched record touch his voice as he speaks in weary irritation.

"Honored One, would you please restrain that fool attempting to destroy the seal we just made which prevents the rest of us from being consumed by creation? Also, if you would, check the pathetic thing for any relic fragments it might have. I grow weary of cleaning up what remains of these reckless fools."

Remove and pocket the relic fragment from the unconscious Mole Diver. Only after this fragment and "Rhea Alcove"s fragment are secured, kick the Mole awake.

You grab the fragment off the mole and proceed to kick him in the ribs till he wakes up.

Nyw nods, responding with a surprisingly cheery tone "Indeed!  For a moment, I believed this to be my time.  Thank you Adam, Ashul; your rapid reactions saved many lives today.  Pity about the moth, but all told I expected much greater losses!"

Rhea Alcove notices the fungus and tries to leave the bore, cutting at some of the fungus with her Cleaver

First, before anything else, if the above action is actually happening as described, decapitate this lady immediately.  With the Murakumo.  Naturegirl of course isn't intending to try and remove the seal, and probably shouldn't be able to regardless, but that's her action, and Nyw will react to that action as an attempt to kill everyone present.

If sanity prevails and the newbie doesn't attempt to kill us all, return Adam's black flame, then tie up the unconscious mole diver.  Better safe than sorry.  Afterwards, go searching around the bore for injured and wounded; explain what happened and the current situation to any crew found, and if the newbie is encountered, politely ask her if she is a diver or otherwise in possession of a relic fragment.  EDIT: Naturegirl fixed her action, and is apparently just skipping over the RP opportunity, so nevermind!  Nyw just takes her relic fragment.

Also, what's the status of Nyw's two human followers?  I believe both are out in the Ethral town and therefore safe, but checking is prolly wise.

((Not immediately speaking to Rhea because I kinda doubt she really gets to spawn instantly into the same room as the rest of the divers.  This way lets Piecewise establish where she is.))

Your boys are fine. And also unharmed~

We'll assume you tie up mole, check to make sure no one is injured, and take the fragment from the new girl.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 13, 2019, 03:00:43 pm »

"Here is what I propose. Any Diver must surrender their relic fragments upon arrival to the Bore, for safekeeping as long as the Diver is on the Bore.

Should one wish to leave the Bore, the fragment may be returned without question, unless that Diver is accompanying an expedition party, in which case, the Diver must gain the approval of said party to carry their fragment.

On the Bore, any Diver may request their fragment for a specific Dive. The Dive must be outlined to one or the other of our more experienced Divers, who will determine the intensity of the dive and likelihood of catastrophic failure before approving the Dive request. Dives will be monitored for the safety of the crew and what remains of the Bore.

If a Diver demonstrates competence with their Dives, the leaders may decide to allow them to carry their fragments on the Bore unsupervised.

The same rules apply to the Warehouse or any other holdings this company might acquire. Feel free to Dive to your heart's content anywhere else than our holdings."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: November 13, 2019, 03:12:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
go around town and ask around to find someone who is good at repairing bores
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:45:10 pm by Naturegirl1999 »
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 231