Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404552 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #2385 on: November 05, 2019, 12:48:36 pm »

Scadaldy snappy like
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: November 05, 2019, 05:07:51 pm »

Clate turns to Kara, writing appearing on his body

Friend Kara, wonderful news. The crystal growths the buildings exhibit are the crystal running wild. The buildings lack guidance, so they grow without purpose. I also detect several crystal entities in the city, though they are completely dormant.

Clate sidles a bit closer, showing the next writing to Kara only

I also feel the presence of the crystal overmind much stronger here. I cannot seem to form a connection yet, but I sense there is some kind of node within the city that would allow me to establish contact.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2387 on: November 05, 2019, 05:58:27 pm »

((Heh. Our divers are having terrible luck, it seems. Though, to be fair, that dive had about 10% chance of a successful nerve roll.

Hey, look at the bright side, at least there's no dam here.))

"Caw! More shiny friends? Exciting!" Kara exclaimed, unable to contain her enthusiasm.

I agree with the 1% cut. I have no idea how much profit this will generate, but 1 is better than 0. Make sure to get it in writing. Verba volant, scripta manent.

See if they'll let me and Clate explore the city (under their supervision, of course). If they don't let us in, then try to convince them to do so in exchange for any information Clate will be able to recover.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: November 06, 2019, 05:34:22 pm »

Let Kara do the talking to get us into the city.

Once inside, try and use stonesensing to feel my way around instead of walking blindly. If it's just me and Kara, prioritise finding the node to link with the crystal overmind.

Otherwise if there's moths coming along, start with trying to go to places that feel important and/or have dormant crystal constructs/golems.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: November 06, 2019, 07:48:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whatever happened here, I don’t want to risk messing things up further
Look around the bore and watch what everyone is doing

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: The Last Fire
« Reply #2390 on: November 07, 2019, 05:13:38 am »

Do my best to resist and undo possession, offering the dialup spirit future sacrifices of techological items in exchange for it taking out the creation anomaly on its way out.

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: November 07, 2019, 03:03:51 pm »

HEY PW. Radio and I are PM'ing you some questions we'd like answered before the turn happens.

We'd like to make some actions but they involve IC knowledge that AsHul and Adam may or may not have. We'd like those questions answeered before the Bore and all within get torn apart.
(including naturegirl's second character, who decided to spawn in INSIDE the Bore while shenanigans happen.)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2392 on: November 07, 2019, 08:08:24 pm »

"Depths. Fools, all of us."

Slam a Worm's Blood to recover my nerve, and my Silent Night. Then Dive:
-> Ah -> Hal. Reinforce Hal 10x
8 rolls for the Path
10 Rolls For reinforcement (assuming Advantage. Otherwise only reinforce 4x)
Total Nerve Rolls: 18 at advantage or 12 without advantage
Final Material Roll: ??? ((Akhmah: awareness?))
Final Nerve roll

Goal is to seal the portal and stop the effects from propagating.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:15:06 am by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: November 08, 2019, 10:04:55 am »

Take a silent night to ensure rolling at advantage. Then do the same dive that Ashul is attempting, but reinforce hal only 6 times.

Idea is to combine our dives to divide the workload while still being able to contain this thing, Ashul takes on a bit more of the work due to higher nerve.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 10:40:46 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2394 on: November 10, 2019, 10:28:16 am »

Take a silent night to ensure rolling at advantage. Then do the same dive that Ashul is attempting, but reinforce hal only 6 times.

Idea is to combine our dives to divide the workload while still being able to contain this thing, Ashul takes on a bit more of the work due to higher nerve.

"Depths. Fools, all of us."

Slam a Worm's Blood to recover my nerve, and my Silent Night. Then Dive:
-> Ah -> Hal. Reinforce Hal 10x
8 rolls for the Path
10 Rolls For reinforcement (assuming Advantage. Otherwise only reinforce 4x)
Total Nerve Rolls: 18 at advantage or 12 without advantage
Final Material Roll: ??? ((Akhmah: awareness?))
Final Nerve roll

Goal is to seal the portal and stop the effects from propagating.

[17 + 16 + 20 + 4 + 10 + 7 + 4 + 13 + 17 + 3 + 13 + 13 + 4 + 4 + 5 + 15 + 11 + 19]
[7,9]
[4,18] Lucky~

[15 + 18 + 11 + 15 + 7 + 4 + 1 + 16 + 15 + 4 + 15 + 7 + 6 + 9]
[3]
[18,16]
Oh dear.

Ashul and Adam shout a few hurried words to each other before combining their efforts in a single dive.

For a moment its as though nothing has happened, but then the air around the growing portal shimmers like shattered glass. Those fragments fly backwards, unbreaking, and forming a solid shell around the portal. That translucent shell then sprouts thin tendrils from its entire surface, which grow out like fungal filaments and intertwine with the walls of the bore, taking root.  It seems to lock itself into place with an audible clank of metal.

The portal within the bubble seems to continue to expand until it reaches the limits of the seal and then remains the same.

Nyw has been carrying two black flames.  Adam just threw a third at him.

Toss all three black flames into the white hole.  If the continual explosion makes it impossible to throw the flame hard enough, grab one in each hand and climb towards the gateway, then manually force the flames into it.

This seems unnecessary now but if you still wanna do it next turn, go for it.

"What's causing all this noise? I'm trying to rea—" Alex stops as he sees a plasma loop punching a hole through the floor.

Evacuate the bore! Take all the books and explosives with me.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
Scadaldy snappy like
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
The remaining mobile crew exercises the better part of valor and makes a goddamn break for it yet again.

They make it into the tunnel the bore is standing in and then wait a safe distance away. They hope its a safe distance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whatever happened here, I don’t want to risk messing things up further
Look around the bore and watch what everyone is doing

I think you might have missed the part where you were literally atomized. Maybe something even worse. You might have been reduced to a sea of superheated quarks.

((Heh. Our divers are having terrible luck, it seems. Though, to be fair, that dive had about 10% chance of a successful nerve roll.

Hey, look at the bright side, at least there's no dam here.))

"Caw! More shiny friends? Exciting!" Kara exclaimed, unable to contain her enthusiasm.

I agree with the 1% cut. I have no idea how much profit this will generate, but 1 is better than 0. Make sure to get it in writing. Verba volant, scripta manent.

See if they'll let me and Clate explore the city (under their supervision, of course). If they don't let us in, then try to convince them to do so in exchange for any information Clate will be able to recover.

You get that in writing.

They say you can go in, but they want you to go with one of their expedition teams to gather samples. They say they regularly send them out so you'll only have to wait a little while till the next one.

Let Kara do the talking to get us into the city.

Once inside, try and use stonesensing to feel my way around instead of walking blindly. If it's just me and Kara, prioritise finding the node to link with the crystal overmind.

Otherwise if there's moths coming along, start with trying to go to places that feel important and/or have dormant crystal constructs/golems.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

You have Kara get an itinerary for the planned expedition and then have her add a few places that you think would be useful to it.  The Moths agree to this, on the condition that you give them any info you uncover.

The expedition leaves in 2 days. If you two have anything you want to do or gather before then, now is a good time.

Edit
Do my best to resist and undo possession, offering the dialup spirit future sacrifices of techological items in exchange for it taking out the creation anomaly on its way out.

Spoiler: Ony (click to show/hide)
You're actually unconscious and exorcised via violence, though your arm is still a fused grappling hook.  Thankfully Nyw punched the possession out of you but couldn't fix your arm that way.
[14]
Still unconscious though.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 11:35:25 am by piecewise »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: November 10, 2019, 11:05:52 am »

"Well, that went better than it could have, all things considered."

First things first, closely inspect the seal we made and try to determine if it will hold. Is the portal inside stable or still growing more powerful?
If it seems good, go yell at our brave compatriots that the coast is clear. 

What does the seal seem to be 'made of'? And how is the seal interacting with the bore exactly? The shell filaments are fused to parts of the bore, correct? Does it look like we could 'cut out' the portal and shell by cutting around the metal it is fused to? If yes, could we transport it?

Oh, and take back the black flame I had given to Nyw.

"I'll take a look at the seal we made to determine its condition, could one of you fine technically-minded folks do a damage assessment of the bore and what we'll need to repair it? Harm, Alex, you guys up for that?"

« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 11:35:16 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2396 on: November 10, 2019, 11:44:43 am »

: If you guys wanna head on somewhere else, feel free to do so. I'll need at least a couple of days here. Just leave the crawler if you don't need it. :

I'm fine with waiting a couple of days for the expedition, I don't have anything to do at the moment. While I wait, go check out the scientists and see if I can get them to tell me anything fun/interesting/exciting about what they do/learn here. Oh, and ask if I can bring guns to the expedition.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2397 on: November 10, 2019, 11:47:37 am »

"I'll take a look, just tell me what the hell happened."

Return to the bore and do a proper damage assessment.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: November 10, 2019, 12:04:56 pm »

Rhea Alcove notices the fungus and tries to leave the bore
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:22:19 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2399 on: November 10, 2019, 04:32:53 pm »

AsHul's face slumps on one side, as if he's had a sudden stroke. Teh other side twists into a gnarled mass, one wiry eyebrow lowering deeply across his camera lens eye. a hint of a tinny echo and the sound of a scratched record touch his voice as he speaks in weary irritation.

"Honored One, would you please restrain that fool attempting to destroy the seal we just made which prevents the rest of us from being consumed by creation? Also, if you would, check the pathetic thing for any relic fragments it might have. I grow weary of cleaning up what remains of these reckless fools."

Remove and pocket the relic fragment from the unconscious Mole Diver. Only after this fragment and "Rhea Alcove"s fragment are secured, kick the Mole awake.

"Brother Adam, Honored Nyw, may I suggest we institute a standing policy that, on this Bore and in our crew, all relic fragments must be handed over to one of us for safekeeping until we can decide that their Diving efforts will not ..." AsHul waves at the anomaly, his arm moving in staccato bursts.

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 231