Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404400 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Nostalgia
« Reply #2175 on: August 18, 2019, 04:19:47 pm »

"Explosives! Now!"

Throw dynamite near the enemy exit point. Ride Crystal Friends to retreat to a safe distance and aim at dynamite. Shoot dynamite when enemy is in range.

@syv and gentlefish: "Nyw! Brace the toothpick! Drett! Aim for him!"

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: August 18, 2019, 08:38:12 pm »

Back up. When I see it, empty my revolver into it.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: August 18, 2019, 09:03:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Koste eats her Silent Night, then uses her Relic Fragment to attempt to Dive to erase the plasma sword from existence, the path starts at Akhmah, goes to Belarin since the sword is technology, passes through Konis, Jal, and Undyne to get to En to erase the plasma sword
(If I missed something please let me know)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: August 19, 2019, 04:17:51 pm »

Try to use wizard eyes to see if I can perceive the being.

If not, pew pew ethral beams rifle bullets.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: August 20, 2019, 04:51:37 am »

Get back up, and get back in, this time with the toothpick.  Charge straight at the being, and fire the toothpick into it, center mass.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: August 20, 2019, 11:28:52 am »

Drett nods at Kara over the noise of the ruckus, head fixated on the closed gap ahead of him.

"If you do not want to die, back up! Let those who risk themselves in melee for a living have some space! I am not jumping in to save you," Drett shouts to everyone in reply.

Damn. This being would have had a trove of knowledge. I best record this fight when we are done.

Back the fuck up. It's a rifle, I'll be fine tens of yards away. Once the being makes it through the wall, aim for the head to try and distract it.

Drett.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:21:15 am by Gentlefish »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: August 20, 2019, 03:06:53 pm »

Back the flippity fuck up. If when it breaks through, attempt to stoneform a spike from the ground in front of it to pierce it in the chest and/or push it back inside the room. If that doesn't work or isn't feasible, try to clamp the ground around one of its feet to keep it in place for my comrades to attack.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:31:38 am by Pancaek »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2182 on: August 20, 2019, 10:52:53 pm »

"Push it back into the room! Push it back! You don't want these tunnels to react!

Get away from the dynamite and hte other diver. Then:

Akhmah - Es (Move Mundane things). Reinforce Akhmah 10x reinforce Es 3x
14 rolls
Final Awareness Roll.
Final Nerve Roll.

Pull all the stone the others have been throwing around in toward the thing, then shove the whole mass of it back across the room it had been sealed in to slam against the far wall. Goal is to basically make a ruble boulder around the thing and smash it hard against the far wall to keep it from getting out of the room and causing the tunnels to react.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2183 on: August 21, 2019, 02:06:06 pm »

Use the moonblade again when it breaks through the wall.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2184 on: August 24, 2019, 02:44:46 pm »

Koste eats her Silent Night, then uses her Relic Fragment to attempt to Dive to erase the plasma sword from existence, the path starts at Akhmah, goes to Belarin since the sword is technology, passes through Konis, Jal, and Undyne to get to En to erase the plasma sword
(If I missed something please let me know)
[18,5,15,1,20,8][12,15]
[4,14,12][4]
-1 nerve.

Koste attempts a dive and comes out of it with a bloody nose, barely squeaking by thanks to the help of a dose of silent night. Its hard to say exactly what effect the dive has, as the burning from inside doesn't seem to stop.

"Push it back into the room! Push it back! You don't want these tunnels to react!

Get away from the dynamite and hte other diver. Then:

Akhmah - Es (Move Mundane things). Reinforce Akhmah 10x reinforce Es 3x
14 rolls
Final Awareness Roll.
Final Nerve Roll.

Pull all the stone the others have been throwing around in toward the thing, then shove the whole mass of it back across the room it had been sealed in to slam against the far wall. Goal is to basically make a ruble boulder around the thing and smash it hard against the far wall to keep it from getting out of the room and causing the tunnels to react.

[buncha rolls, 3 over, rerolled down to acceptable][11,10]
Ashul shouts out a rhyming command and then dives. With a double handed thrust he mimes the action of shoving something away and the stone wall blocking off the cist obeys. It rockets back like a cork out of a worm-wine bottle with a noise not dissimilar but far louder. The ancient warrior is completely subsumed in the rocks and buried as the rubble boulder hurls across the room and impacts the far wall with enough force to rattle everyone's teeth, even from a distance.

"Explosives! Now!"

Throw dynamite near the enemy exit point. Ride Crystal Friends to retreat to a safe distance and aim at dynamite. Shoot dynamite when enemy is in range.

@syv and gentlefish: "Nyw! Brace the toothpick! Drett! Aim for him!"

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[18] Kara hurls the dynamite into the room but her throw, now having to go far further after the Ancient warrior was pinned against the back wall, doesn't reach  the pile of rubble. Instead it comes to a rolling stop about 2/3rds of the way there. Might be within range but...only just.

Back the flippity fuck up. If when it breaks through, attempt to stoneform a spike from the ground in front of it to pierce it in the chest and/or push it back inside the room. If that doesn't work or isn't feasible, try to clamp the ground around one of its feet to keep it in place for my comrades to attack.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
[7][11]
Clate thrusts a stony tendril into the ground. The white substance in the cist isn't rock...but the red material outside of it is close enough to bend to his will.  A stone cone, about the size of a man, forms from the red stone near him and then fires forward, piercing into the wall of rubble.

Use the moonblade again when it breaks through the wall.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)
[17]
Still the blade does not react.

Try to use wizard eyes to see if I can perceive the being.

If not, pew pew ethral beams rifle bullets.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
[2]
The thing is not only visible to your vision, if anything its too visible. It physically hurts to look at, its so searingly bright.  You close off that vision yet the form of it is still burnt into your vision, a wobbling blob of green-blue that obscures everything else.  You don't dare shoot like this, vision impaired as it is.

Drett nods at Kara over the noise of the ruckus, head fixated on the closed gap ahead of him.

"If you do not want to die, back up! Let those who risk themselves in melee for a living have some space! I am not jumping in to save you," Drett shouts to everyone in reply.

Damn. This being would have had a trove of knowledge. I best record this fight when we are done.

Back the fuck up. It's a rifle, I'll be fine tens of yards away. Once the being makes it through the wall, aim for the head to try and distract it.

Drett.
Back up. When I see it, empty my revolver into it.
Both of you hold your fire, unable to see exactly where the thing is and unlikely to pierce stone and hit the thing regardless.

Get back up, and get back in, this time with the toothpick.  Charge straight at the being, and fire the toothpick into it, center mass.

You struggle up and pat the fire on your head out. You then charge forward, running for the wall. Before you can reach it the wall is hurled backwards, into the room. You stop your chase as Kara hurls dynamite in. Too many people to protect, no good potentially getting blown to shreds

The pile of rubble shifts and crumbles, settling. There is no sign of the warrior.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: August 24, 2019, 03:09:51 pm »

"I feel burning inside, I think we should look for the warrior. He could have teleported somewhere."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 09:28:44 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: August 24, 2019, 08:05:54 pm »

AsHul looks at the rubble, then at Clate, then at Adam.

"Miss Diver, the ancient device is still there. Adam wouldn't have reacted like that if it were gone. It's still visible to his eye, and is therefore still a threat. Perhaps it is rebuilding it's form from the scrap heap it is composed of. That unsettling imagery it casts about itself to hide it's true form may have more of an effect than mere illusion."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 08:13:38 pm by Ozarck »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: August 24, 2019, 08:08:56 pm »

”So, what do we do now? Fight or flee?”

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: August 24, 2019, 08:16:09 pm »

Follow the group and be ready to shoot.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: August 24, 2019, 08:18:00 pm »

”So, what do we do now? Fight or flee?”

"I intend to fight, of course, though I do not intend to force anyone else to do so, even if I could. It is your life, Diver. make of it what you will."
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 231