Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404446 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2145 on: August 05, 2019, 08:24:41 am »

You have the distinct feeling that your interaction with the Word has something to do with it. In terms of things that set you apart from the others, thats definitely the big one.

Does it seem more likely to be due to the action of absorbing the word itself, or more due to touching the black flame to it first? Secondly, and more importantly, how could Adam pay penance for his transgression?

As for the monster, are certain types of damage known to be more (or less) effective against them? 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: August 05, 2019, 08:27:34 am »

”We can explore the tunnel without fighting”
Enter the tunnel that looks like it has veins
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2147 on: August 05, 2019, 03:42:16 pm »

Onwards! To glory!

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: August 07, 2019, 03:04:39 pm »

This stone feels wrong. I do not like this place.

Stick with Kara

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: August 08, 2019, 07:16:31 am »

((Missed my chance to play Dissociation, then Vomit, to see if the stone throat would puke up the evil entity inside.))

Encourage Kalagony to reconsider.

Then sit, relax, alert teh crew to what I am about to do, and Dive:
Yengenze (12 cunning +3 Nerve) -es-hel-Xi (summooning)
reinforce Yengenze 2x, Xi 2x.
4 path, 4 reinforce, final Cunning roll, final Nerve roll.

I am summoning information about the organic nature of the tunnel ahead. Specifically, what kind of biological system is it, and in what way is it diseased? I am summoning the information from the tunnel itself, and if I am successful, describing my findings to whoever with medical is available.

"Most Robust Moleman, I am surprised. I will honor your religious objections to participation, however, do not think this is a religious duty for any of us but the Religious. I am sure your own people have reason enough to want this monster dead. If not for the Chthonic God, then you are welcome to fight for your own purposes."

"Adam, perhaps your path is to Lead, rather than Follow. You have been blessed ot recieve a Word of God. Perhaps you are to tell otehrs of God, rather than to seek him form others. A Messenger already carries the authority and will ofteh one who sends him. Asking a lower rank dignitary for guidance may be considered to be improper. I do not know that this is what happened, of course."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #2150 on: August 08, 2019, 07:43:25 pm »

"Most Robust Moleman, I am surprised. I will honor your religious objections to participation, however, do not think this is a religious duty for any of us but the Religious. I am sure your own people have reason enough to want this monster dead. If not for the Chthonic God, then you are welcome to fight for your own purposes."

Kalagony listens attentively to what the abomination has to say.

"Know that I have nothing against Chthonicism, so if you insist..."

"...The corpse. All of it. If you can guarantee me that, I might reconsider... And of course, that depends entirely on whether it's a creature that bleeds or not..."

Think this carefully. Would helping slaying the target count as a transgression against you-know-what?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2151 on: August 08, 2019, 08:27:56 pm »

Enter the tunnel.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #2152 on: August 09, 2019, 08:02:57 am »

"...The corpse. All of it. If you can guarantee me that, I might reconsider... And of course, that depends entirely on whether it's a creature that bleeds or not..."

"I cannot guarantee that at all."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2153 on: August 09, 2019, 11:46:28 am »

You have the distinct feeling that your interaction with the Word has something to do with it. In terms of things that set you apart from the others, thats definitely the big one.

Does it seem more likely to be due to the action of absorbing the word itself, or more due to touching the black flame to it first? Secondly, and more importantly, how could Adam pay penance for his transgression?

As for the monster, are certain types of damage known to be more (or less) effective against them? 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Likely the second one, you think. You altered the word, after all.

There might be...The killing of this creature might actually be a good penance, if it was requested by a saint.

Depends on the type...they're all different. But judging by Ashul's idea that it is something from the surface, then...you have no idea. What are the old works of mankind weak to? God's fury, if history is anything to go by.

Think this carefully. Would helping slaying the target count as a transgression against you-know-what?

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)

You consider that it probably would not be. It may not be...a proper opponent so to speak but it would likely be neutral, not negative.

((Missed my chance to play Dissociation, then Vomit, to see if the stone throat would puke up the evil entity inside.))

Then sit, relax, alert teh crew to what I am about to do, and Dive:
Yengenze (12 cunning +3 Nerve) -es-hel-Xi (summooning)
reinforce Yengenze 2x, Xi 2x.
4 path, 4 reinforce, final Cunning roll, final Nerve roll.

I am summoning information about the organic nature of the tunnel ahead. Specifically, what kind of biological system is it, and in what way is it diseased? I am summoning the information from the tunnel itself, and if I am successful, describing my findings to whoever with medical is available.

"Adam, perhaps your path is to Lead, rather than Follow. You have been blessed ot recieve a Word of God. Perhaps you are to tell otehrs of God, rather than to seek him form others. A Messenger already carries the authority and will ofteh one who sends him. Asking a lower rank dignitary for guidance may be considered to be improper. I do not know that this is what happened, of course."

[Rolls were all fine]

You sit down and dive. In the half a second you're out you get all the information you were looking for rather harshly jammed into your skull in a confused mess of words, sounds, images, and sensory information. And then you're back and you feel like you have a concussion.

You brace yourself against a wall and begin relaying the info to everyone as best you can.

First, you're pretty sure all these tunnels and such are technically organic by some definition. You get that interpretation. But this one is sort of undergoing a sort of....inflammation? Or a fever? Its a sort of response to the thing contained within. The black veins, the red stone, its all just the same as the stuff outside but...in a different state of alertness? Its hard to explain but you don't think it will be harmful to you or your group.

Second, the tunnel would react to the thing inside coming out...would try to stop it or shove it back into the cist. Could be useful but might also result in people near it getting killed. Fighting retreat could be more dangerous than a straight assault; the walls themselves could attack and the team would be caught in a cross fire.

Finally...the door down there is sealed against almost anything except...the will of a saint.

”We can explore the tunnel without fighting”
Enter the tunnel that looks like it has veins
Onwards! To glory!

This stone feels wrong. I do not like this place.

Stick with Kara

Enter the tunnel.
You lot wander down the tunnel, looking at what you can with the lights you have. The black veins get denser as you travel onwards until the tunnel abruptly ends in a solid wall. The black veins here are so dense that they're practically the entire substance of the wall, with only a bit of the red stoneflesh beneath it peaking out. It looks like a massive, infected eardrum or something of the kind, a membrane swollen and distended.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: August 09, 2019, 12:13:03 pm »

try to get rid of the infected parts while keeping the healthy parts intact

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2155 on: August 09, 2019, 01:37:54 pm »

"This is probably our last chance to go back. Anybody want to go back to the bore to craft some... I dunno, shields or explosives?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: August 09, 2019, 05:54:45 pm »

Shoot the wall with the guard rifle, see what happens.  Try to aim at a specific spot, simply to chance a levelup.

If nothing unusual happens to the bullet, go up and poke the wall with a knife, then a finger, then a fist, until something happens.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: August 09, 2019, 10:40:13 pm »

"I am ready to proceed. Would you like for me to prepare a Shield for us, Friend Corven?
Miss Ethral, the infection is further in. If we kill what lies beyond that door, these tunnels will return to their proper health. Honored One, ready your sword, if you would.
Let's go."

Stand at the door, Haunted Guitar in hand. Consume one Silent Night. When the door opens, Cast Telazch Hal (Seal Biology) reinforce each 4x. So, 4 for the path, 8 for reinforce, final Endurance roll, final nerve roll (don't forget the diving bonuses~)
Spell is to restrain physically whatever is inside. The idea is to slow it. The more successful, the slower, especially focusing on limbs if they are present. Ideally, it will be slowed to a stop, but I want the cast to be flexible enough to have an effect if the being inside is strong enough to resist, rather than being rigid enough that the seal simply shatters.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2158 on: August 10, 2019, 02:35:57 am »

"Thank you, but perhaps we should wait until we see what we're dealing with. If I understand diving correctly, too general a shield and it would be too weak or too tiring. Too specific and it might not impede the creature. Still, if you think you can afford to do so now that we have time to concentrate, then I would welcome any advantage you'd be willing to provide to us."
Once she finished responding to AsHul, Kara turned to address everyone, raising her voice to be heard.
"Remember everyone! This might be something important to God and to the church. But we aren't doing this just for them. We are doing this for ourselves and most importantly we are doing this for each other! We each have our own reasons for coming here, for joining this crew, for venturing in this expedition for choosing to fight this fight. But the most important reason is yourself and each other, that bond our group has formed through hardship, through cooperation, through arguments, through discovery, through sharing, through enjoying ourselves together. So when we go in there, the most important thing is to stay alive. We don't need martyrs. If things get tough, if it looks like this is a fight we cannot win, we make an orderly retreat. We can always try again when we are better prepared. Protect each other, work together. And together, I'm sure we will succeed!"

Make sure I'm securely tied to my Crystal Friend mount (who I assume can still run). Also try to secure my rifle and the obedience rod so that they're easy to use and unlikely to fall. I only have one arm, so if I want to attack while riding I need to make sure I or my weapons won't fall off. Finally, make sure the Dynamo Lantern is as charged as I can make it and set to Max illumination.

Once that's done, I'm ready to proceed. If the enemy engages us immediately, then the plan is to use the speed given to me by Crystal Friend to quickly flank the creature (and hopefully reach a vantage point, but that's of secondary importance) Then shoot it to try to grab its attention away from the team.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2159 on: August 10, 2019, 02:11:34 pm »

Go inside and use the power of the moonblade against the thing.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 231