Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404487 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2130 on: August 02, 2019, 08:59:43 am »

"There is another option. I and another volunteer could go in first. We find the target and report its capabilities. Then we make the necessary plans and preparations and then we attack."

Are these tunnels large enough for the crawler to go through?
Try poking the ground. Is it stable? Is it slippery?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: August 02, 2019, 02:04:03 pm »

"Mm.  Little Bird, that plan may have merit, under normal conditions, but I am not so sure it is the correct path under these conditions.  Whatever lies ahead, we should battle together, without warning it or risking supernatural capture of any individuals.  The Saint would not have sent us were the challenge beyond our power as a group, but it may well be too dangerous for one or two alone to even approach."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 03, 2019, 06:33:47 am »

(Some other method, I don’t think it would make sense for someone to just appear out of nowhere)
((Naturegirl, we recently passed throug ha city on our way to this 'holy place' - a city full of pilgrims, sightseers, and captialists looking to cash in on the new messenger Path.

It would make perfect sense for our motley crew to have onloaded one or more adventurous souls to travel into the Path with us.

Just pay your dues, hand over that relic fragment for safekeeping, and swear eternal loyalty to the disembodied brain and heart of the Shang-Gei that is splattered all over our Bore's shrine, and you're in!

THat wa a joke, just get in the group, already. It makes sense that you were here from that crowd at Twin Falls or wherever it was.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 03, 2019, 06:40:02 am »

(Alright)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Head towards the group. Gauge their reactions to my approach

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 03, 2019, 05:04:21 pm »

Stick to Kara. Use my stonesensing to help her assess the tunnel/ground. Also play stonesense sonar for possible nasties.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: August 04, 2019, 07:20:37 am »

AsHul turns to the newcomer - another neophyte Diver, and an Ethral, at that.

"Miss Koste. Have you been enjoying seeing the newly formed Messenger Path as it is being developed? Wonders of the Deep such as these are truly magnificent beyond description, are they not?"

AsHul's face darkens - from his normal ashen grey to a more muddy grey.

"I advise you that the wonders we are about to experience are marvelous as well, but not in a pleasant or kind way. If you think yourself fit to walk this path, I will not stop you. But I urge you to take your own safety and the safety of the others seriously. Be ready to flee at a moment's notice, and, perhaps experimenting with that Relic Fragment and the powers it unlocks would be best avoided in the chaos that is sure to follow."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 04, 2019, 07:28:10 am »

”Don’t worry, I will make sure we are safe before experimenting with the relic Fragment. I dont think I’ve seen the Messenger Path as of yet”

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: August 04, 2019, 07:31:39 am »

"You are seeing the Messenger Path as we speak. We are in it, and have been since shortly after we left Twin Falls."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: August 04, 2019, 07:41:08 am »

"You are seeing the Messenger Path as we speak. We are in it, and have been since shortly after we left Twin Falls."
”oh, sorry, I got confused”

Hotfire90

« Reply #2139 on: August 04, 2019, 10:10:17 am »

"Attacking it in a group may not be such a wise idea, it's likely that this thing killed the Antediluvian we encountered meaning that it's bound to be tough and highly dangerous. Using explosives would be our best bet for killing it quickly, however using them while we fight it as a group would be needlessly dangerous.

I should kill it, I'm a human, I'm properly trained in handling explosives and I'm also the best one equipped for fighting it, plus I have some things I want to test."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2140 on: August 04, 2019, 10:23:48 am »

"That sounds like a good idea. How about this then: we go in as a group and explore. If we come across the creature and it doesn't attack us, we find some way to get you to explode it safely. If we do engage it, then we try to pin it in place long enough for you to set up your explosives and get to a safe distance. If that doesn't work... run and regroup. We don't want needless martyrs."

Hotfire90

« Reply #2141 on: August 04, 2019, 12:32:27 pm »

"Sounds good, though I should mention that using explosives is the follow-up plan, I'm going to use the power of my weapon against it first, the effect should be highly destructive and it should kill the creature, or at the very least cripple it."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #2142 on: August 05, 2019, 12:31:59 am »

"...As much as I would like to, I don't think I should participate in this fight. Sorry, but I can't spill blood in the name of the Cthonic God."

Sit on the ground and do nothing.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: August 05, 2019, 01:20:44 am »

Keep Kalagony company
”My skills aren’t combat oriented, so I can stay here with you. It’s probably not a good idea to be here alone”

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2144 on: August 05, 2019, 08:00:56 am »

Humbly ask the saint for guidance on how Adam can best serve the god in the deep.
[Faith:? ? ?]
As you walk towards the saint you feel...off. Things seem to slow down and you can hear your heart pounding in your ears. You stagger and try to straighten up but fall limply to the side. You can't understand whats happening. Its like you can't focus on anything. Its all just a series of bewildering images that pass before your eyes without comprehension or memory, Someone drags you back away from the saint before you can forget how to breathe and your mind clears considerably.

Does AsHul feel that the other races are not welcome at all in this fight? Should Kara, Kalagony, Drett and the others stay here in the light while the Honored Dead, Abomination, Man touched by the Divine, and other humans step in? Or is human involvement enough to satisfy the condition? Either way, AsHul stands at the front, facing the horrid festering disease, idly fingering his haunted guitar. ... ~

"Are you unwell, Adam? It seems as if your blessings are not compatible with the blessings of this Saint. Or, was this an exorcism? You did not pick up any unsavory passengers in your last adventure, did you? I know what that's like." AsHul raises a hand sadly in front of his lumpen eyes, wiggling his fingers and caressing the spot just past his knobbly pinky. A small sigh passes his lips before his eyes clear and focus on the tunnels ahead.

"Honorable teammates, what lies ahead is, I believe, a curse upon mankind, brought about by man's own folly, and to be destroyed by the hand of man. That is to sya, noble brothers and sisters of the other races, you may want to sit this one out, or to take a supporting role. We face our race's great shame, at least in part."

You don't think other races would be excluded from this. Doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that matters at the moment and when you consider it you get no inclination that it should be such, overt or subtle.

That thing with Adam was...probably the result of what he did with the Word of God. You get the distinct feeling that it might be defined as a transgression against the will of God. A blasphemy, if unintentional.

Reflect on why Adam had this response to the saint/why the saint responded to Adam's query like this.

"I have no clue, I must say. Perhaps only one of our group was to convene with the saint. Or, perhaps, I simply was judged and found wanting. Either way, if we are to engage the blasphemous being we'll want to make sure we're fully prepared before we enter."

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You have the distinct feeling that your interaction with the Word has something to do with it. In terms of things that set you apart from the others, thats definitely the big one.

"There is another option. I and another volunteer could go in first. We find the target and report its capabilities. Then we make the necessary plans and preparations and then we attack."

Are these tunnels large enough for the crawler to go through?
Try poking the ground. Is it stable? Is it slippery?

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

You think they're large enough for the crawler to go though.

The tunnel towards the cist is seemingly stable but it is...squishy and slick. Its exactly as organic as it looks, despite apparently being made of a stone instead of flesh. Albeit blood red stone with veins but...it still looks like stone. Very odd.

(Alright)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Head towards the group. Gauge their reactions to my approach
Their reactions, I imagine would be first to point weapons at you, then to see that you're not dangerous (probably), then to basically go back to ignoring you.

Stick to Kara. Use my stonesensing to help her assess the tunnel/ground. Also play stonesense sonar for possible nasties.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)
Stone sense down that tunnel is fuzzy at best; like sensing through sand. There are no hard edges, just a haze that you can judge the shape of vaguely. Still, you think this tunnel goes for maybe a mile or so before ending abruptly in a wall or door or something like that. What is beyond you cannot sense. But the hall itself seems empty of living threats. Nothing is moving, at least.

"...As much as I would like to, I don't think I should participate in this fight. Sorry, but I can't spill blood in the name of the Cthonic God."

Sit on the ground and do nothing.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
Keep Kalagony company
”My skills aren’t combat oriented, so I can stay here with you. It’s probably not a good idea to be here alone”

Wooo paperweight club! Holding that ground down.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 231