Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404505 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2115 on: July 26, 2019, 08:48:33 am »

"Not a bad idea, Little Bird.  I shall gift one of my own."

Nyw will draw and lay down his hooked cleaver as an offering, then step back, stating that it is a gift.  Then loiter, an arms' reach behind Ashul, examining the engravings.  I'd say to roll Kno, in case Kara somehow fails her roll, but Nyw knows nothing...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 26, 2019, 11:39:14 pm »

It sounds like this interview is over. Does AsHul get a sense that there is more to come? It seems as if the Saint has finished interacting with AsHul. As long as AsHul doesn't feel that there would be more, he will thank teh Saint for his guidance and leave the hall, waiting at the dor for the others to complete their business as well.

What, if anything, does AsHul sense about his newfound sword halo? Does he feel any different: protected, guided, watched? Does the sword remain hovering over him as he moves? does it seem to react to other things, like pointing in a given direction, or spinning a bit when he approaches or passes by any of the team?

"Thank you, Revered Saint, for your attention and guidance. I will strive to honor them both on the Path ahead."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2117 on: July 29, 2019, 10:48:08 am »

"Umm... Maybe we should leave a sword as an offering?"

Be ready to shoot the sword thing if things turn violent.
If things turn violent, grab one of the exotic swords and run away.

Otherwise, wait for the team to complete its business here.

Try to remember if I've seen this guy or someone like him amongst the saint statues in the road that leads to Empyrean. Or if I've heard any stories about anything relevant.

Try to remember if the scenes of combat match any of the above-ground lore depicted on the road that leads to Empyrean. Or the honored dead. Or anything in general.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
[10,11]
You think back to the long hall to Empyrean and the saints depicted on it. There are several this one could be and its rather hard to tell in its current semi-decayed state. Maybe...Algeron the Luminous?  You never stopped to look at his statue or the lore around it but those hovering swords do look similar to something on the statue.

It could be from above ground lore. The costumes do bear a resemblance to some of the high finery usually depicted on the upland dwellers. You don't recognize it specifically but it looks similar.

"Not a bad idea, Little Bird.  I shall gift one of my own."

Nyw will draw and lay down his hooked cleaver as an offering, then step back, stating that it is a gift.  Then loiter, an arms' reach behind Ashul, examining the engravings.  I'd say to roll Kno, in case Kara somehow fails her roll, but Nyw knows nothing...

[15]
[Faith 3 > Faith 4]
You place the cleaver on the ground in what you think is a good and relatively unobtrusive spot. That done you turn to look at the engravings. They...are somehow familiar. You don't know how but you feel distantly nostalgic.

It sounds like this interview is over. Does AsHul get a sense that there is more to come? It seems as if the Saint has finished interacting with AsHul. As long as AsHul doesn't feel that there would be more, he will thank teh Saint for his guidance and leave the hall, waiting at the dor for the others to complete their business as well.

What, if anything, does AsHul sense about his newfound sword halo? Does he feel any different: protected, guided, watched? Does the sword remain hovering over him as he moves? does it seem to react to other things, like pointing in a given direction, or spinning a bit when he approaches or passes by any of the team?

"Thank you, Revered Saint, for your attention and guidance. I will strive to honor them both on the Path ahead."

[7v11]
You back away. There's no voice in your head. The sword is still just floating above your head, following you obediently and not pointing towards anything. It seems unreactive in general. But....but...there is something. You couldn't describe it if you wanted to but its almost like an intuition, a feeling that you have in a completely non-verbal, inexplicable way. You are tempted to write it off, to ignore it as unimportant, but you quell those thoughts and instead focus on that fragile and ephemeral feeling.

"I think I know where the cist is." You say to Kara, "And I think we are supposed to kill the thing in it. Thats what I feel like our purpose is here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: July 29, 2019, 11:46:52 am »

Humbly ask the saint for guidance on how Adam can best serve the god in the deep.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2119 on: July 29, 2019, 12:25:36 pm »

Kara's tail bobs in excitement. This was almost too good to be true.
"Excellent! Then let us go and slay it!"

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: July 29, 2019, 08:57:47 pm »

“This seems like a good time to Remind people that I have a few extra weapons on me. I’ve got my gun and my sword, which is as much as I need. If you’re feeling under-armed, just let me know.”
Be willing to lend my obsidian knife, crossbow+bolts, and all but 10 of my shurikens to anyone who wants them. Otherwise, just be willing to follow people around and shoot things.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 31, 2019, 07:38:04 am »

Await the resolution of other characters' interactions, then lead the group to cistward. Meditate on the nature of the entity we are to kill

"I am ready to serve."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2122 on: July 31, 2019, 10:54:51 am »

Consider how easy it would be to remove our bore gun and mount it on the crawler.

Head towards the cist for now. We should at least scout out our target and any obstacles along the way before deciding how we should engage it.

Hotfire90

« Reply #2123 on: July 31, 2019, 12:22:02 pm »

To the cist.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 31, 2019, 03:21:34 pm »

follow along with kara and ashul. Keep stonesensing for hidden dangers.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: August 01, 2019, 10:14:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:40:32 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2126 on: August 01, 2019, 11:03:31 pm »

Humbly ask the saint for guidance on how Adam can best serve the god in the deep.

[Faith:? ? ?]
As you walk towards the saint you feel...off. Things seem to slow down and you can hear your heart pounding in your ears. You stagger and try to straighten up but fall limply to the side. You can't understand whats happening. Its like you can't focus on anything. Its all just a series of bewildering images that pass before your eyes without comprehension or memory, Someone drags you back away from the saint before you can forget how to breathe and your mind clears considerably.

Await the resolution of other characters' interactions, then lead the group to cistward. Meditate on the nature of the entity we are to kill

"I am ready to serve."

[10v11]
Its old....human....something from the word above...a blasphemy the likes of which resulted in their banishment here...it must be undone by human hands.  That is what you feel.

Consider how easy it would be to remove our bore gun and mount it on the crawler.

Head towards the cist for now. We should at least scout out our target and any obstacles along the way before deciding how we should engage it.

As long as the crawler and the bore are in proximity....hopefully in a position where the weapon can be passed across ground instead of through the air...then it shouldn't be hard. The crawler isn't exactly designed to handle the recoil though so the stability of its footing would be important.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We can just assume you're already here, as part of the group if you like. Or we can bring you in via some other method. Your choice.

The group heads Cistward, Following Ashul. When asked specific questions about the way Ashul cannot respond with any level of certainty, but when they hit a fork or an unclear section, he always seems to know the way to go without even thinking. Almost as though he's been this way so many times before that he does it by muscle memory. Soon the group has descended hundreds of meters and snaked through passages both finished and unfinished until they reached the finally tunnel. Unlike the finery of the finished tunnels or the rough geometry of the unfinished tunnels, this tunnel looks distressingly organic. It looks like a clogged artery: deep crimson, circular, veined in grotesque and swollen black instead of intricate gold. It is unlit and the yawning cancerous mouth leads into an absolute darkness only a few dozen feet in. The place smells like blood, ozone, and burnt hair.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: August 02, 2019, 04:26:27 am »

[Faith:? ? ?]
As you walk towards the saint you feel...off. Things seem to slow down and you can hear your heart pounding in your ears. You stagger and try to straighten up but fall limply to the side. You can't understand whats happening. Its like you can't focus on anything. Its all just a series of bewildering images that pass before your eyes without comprehension or memory, Someone drags you back away from the saint before you can forget how to breathe and your mind clears considerably.

Does AsHul feel that the other races are not welcome at all in this fight? Should Kara, Kalagony, Drett and the others stay here in the light while the Honored Dead, Abomination, Man touched by the Divine, and other humans step in? Or is human involvement enough to satisfy the condition? Either way, AsHul stands at the front, facing the horrid festering disease, idly fingering his haunted guitar. ... ~

"Are you unwell, Adam? It seems as if your blessings are not compatible with the blessings of this Saint. Or, was this an exorcism? You did not pick up any unsavory passengers in your last adventure, did you? I know what that's like." AsHul raises a hand sadly in front of his lumpen eyes, wiggling his fingers and caressing the spot just past his knobbly pinky. A small sigh passes his lips before his eyes clear and focus on the tunnels ahead.

"Honorable teammates, what lies ahead is, I believe, a curse upon mankind, brought about by man's own folly, and to be destroyed by the hand of man. That is to sya, noble brothers and sisters of the other races, you may want to sit this one out, or to take a supporting role. We face our race's great shame, at least in part."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: August 02, 2019, 05:54:39 am »

(Some other method, I don’t think it would make sense for someone to just appear out of nowhere)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: August 02, 2019, 07:16:40 am »

Reflect on why Adam had this response to the saint/why the saint responded to Adam's query like this.

"I have no clue, I must say. Perhaps only one of our group was to convene with the saint. Or, perhaps, I simply was judged and found wanting. Either way, if we are to engage the blasphemous being we'll want to make sure we're fully prepared before we enter."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 231