Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404553 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Oops
« Reply #2055 on: July 06, 2019, 06:31:45 pm »

Are the sarcophagi human-sized and human-shaped? Do they have any inscription or decoration that could give me a hint about their purpose? I'd be tempted to take a peek inside but that's just asking for trouble.

Onwards to the glowing room! The cist is my final destination but I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a detour.
I'll leave investigating the body to my teammates who are already doing so.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #2056 on: July 06, 2019, 08:30:12 pm »

How heavy is the corpse? Could Kalagony drag or carry it somewhere else? How fresh is the corpse? Does it still have blood?

Examine the corpse's insides. Anything that would look like a vital organ or weak spot? Which parts were damaged or cut by being split in half? Try to find the exact cause of death: It would be useful to know how to kill these things.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: July 06, 2019, 11:26:26 pm »

Perform a cursory examination of the body (with sketches, special attention given to hands and eye/facial features) and prepare some samples unless stopped. Some blood, a piece of skin, and some deeper tissue if possible to analyze later.

Drett.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: July 07, 2019, 08:23:31 am »

I'm bad at following what's going on here, but I'm gonna go with "Follow Kara, drag Baxter and Gus along.  Unless getting to her would involve a dex roll or some similar danger."

Hotfire90

« Reply #2059 on: July 07, 2019, 10:21:23 am »

To the glowing room.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: July 07, 2019, 01:04:39 pm »

Follow the others.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: July 08, 2019, 06:47:52 am »

Bones, I know AsHul saw a bright, intense haze using his guitar. I thought that was all around? As in, the glow was in the chamber we were already in? If not, AsHul will attempt to locate the source of the glow. Navigate the crawler as long as the terrain is easily passable, but if my poor driving puts us at risjk of another tumble, stop and get out and proceed on foot.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2062 on: July 08, 2019, 09:06:48 am »

Are the sarcophagi human-sized and human-shaped? Do they have any inscription or decoration that could give me a hint about their purpose? I'd be tempted to take a peek inside but that's just asking for trouble.

Onwards to the glowing room! The cist is my final destination but I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a detour.
I'll leave investigating the body to my teammates who are already doing so.

They're larger than human sized, but are roughly human shaped. As human shaped as any coffin you suppose. Not like coffins are skin tight.

They're somewhat decorated and there is some sort of inscription but you can't read it. If memory serves, no one can.

You ride over and up the wall to the glowing room and look inside. Near the mouth of this room there is another Antediluvian, albeit one that is far different from the others. Unlike the others that were all pretty humanoid, this one seems to have abandoned that pretense. It has no head, just a upside down tear shaped body out of which sprouts six long multijointed arms and two stubby legs. The glow you see is coming from its many fingers as they seem to trace the path of the gold veins embedded in the wall. With the combination of light and slow deliberate movements it looks almost like its welding them.

How heavy is the corpse? Could Kalagony drag or carry it somewhere else? How fresh is the corpse? Does it still have blood?

Examine the corpse's insides. Anything that would look like a vital organ or weak spot? Which parts were damaged or cut by being split in half? Try to find the exact cause of death: It would be useful to know how to kill these things.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The corpse is very very heavy. Heavier than it should be. Heavier even than stone of similar size.  Maybe with a dozen or so moles you could drag it, but not on your own.

How fresh it is you're not sure. It isn't ordinary organic matter. However, just judging from the blood, fairly fresh.  The blood in it  and nearby is thick and almost dry, but not quite.
[13]
The organs...if they are organs...are too alien for you to make a guess at their purpose. The thing seems to be partially hydraulic, like small insects, but also uses some sort of muscles, albeit abnormal ones. The majority of its body is just bone and muscle, the organs that are here are small and are centered almost entirely in the chest. It doesn't even have a throat...the mouth just dead ends.

Perform a cursory examination of the body (with sketches, special attention given to hands and eye/facial features) and prepare some samples unless stopped. Some blood, a piece of skin, and some deeper tissue if possible to analyze later.

Drett.
After seeing the above as well, you gather up the samples. The blood is easy, but the skin isn't.  You literally have to pry a piece off.

I'm bad at following what's going on here, but I'm gonna go with "Follow Kara, drag Baxter and Gus along.  Unless getting to her would involve a dex roll or some similar danger."

To the glowing room.
Follow the others.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
We'll assume you all, either at once or one at a time, get shuttled up to the glowing room with Kara. Check her post for whats up there.

Bones, I know AsHul saw a bright, intense haze using his guitar. I thought that was all around? As in, the glow was in the chamber we were already in? If not, AsHul will attempt to locate the source of the glow. Navigate the crawler as long as the terrain is easily passable, but if my poor driving puts us at risjk of another tumble, stop and get out and proceed on foot.

The glow you saw was the result of highlighting the underlying gold veins that are literally throughout this entire area. So really, everything was glowing.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2063 on: July 08, 2019, 11:02:31 am »

Take more notes on Antediluvian building techniques. Do the golden lines the creature has finished working on appear significantly different? Are they smoother? More geometric? Differently connected? Or maybe it is not part of the construction crew but a worker performing a different function, some sort of foreman relaying messages for example?

Then whisper "GOD of the deep, if you can hear me, show me the way to the prison that lies within this path." as I touch my hand and forearm (with the golden pin in it) on the golden lines on the wall.

No harm in trying.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: July 09, 2019, 03:51:19 pm »

Ponder the nature/purpose of the gold veins.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: July 09, 2019, 04:58:43 pm »

Follow Kara. Stonesense to point out stuff to her that she might not be able to see. Also focus for a second to see if this place has any connection to the crystal overmind.

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #2066 on: July 09, 2019, 07:58:08 pm »

Continue standing guard.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: July 09, 2019, 08:47:50 pm »

This seems like a good place to read from the Black Book, so sit and read from the Black Book - the real one, not the copy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2068 on: July 10, 2019, 11:45:48 am »

Take more notes on Antediluvian building techniques. Do the golden lines the creature has finished working on appear significantly different? Are they smoother? More geometric? Differently connected? Or maybe it is not part of the construction crew but a worker performing a different function, some sort of foreman relaying messages for example?

Then whisper "GOD of the deep, if you can hear me, show me the way to the prison that lies within this path." as I touch my hand and forearm (with the golden pin in it) on the golden lines on the wall.

No harm in trying.

You take a close look at the lines. The ones that haven't been looked at look very much like natural gold veins, all flowing and random with dead ends and useless branches. The ones it has worked on are now far fewer and number and though they can still branch they all connect back up. There are no dead ends anymore and, in fact, there seem to be far far fewer veins in general and the ones that remain are much thicker. Its almost as though they're being gathered and condensed.

You touch your forearm to the wall, specifically over one of the gold veins. Your consciousness seems to explode, flying out in every direction at once, flowing like a wave through the gold veins. These veins follow the path and the extensions off it; they're like nerves running through the stone and you can see and feel wherever they go. The sensation, the vision really, lasts only for an instant but it sort of maps a large section of the area for you and embeds it in your mind for later.

You stumble back and find that the Antedilvian has stopped and is sort of looking at you. It doesn't have eyes or even a head but...you can tell its attention is on you.

This seems like a good place to read from the Black Book, so sit and read from the Black Book - the real one, not the copy.

“Be always mindful to find those things touched by GOD. Not the crude miracles of man or inhuman things, but the subtle miracles found in the deep.”

Hmmm seems Kara has discovered one.

Ponder the nature/purpose of the gold veins.

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
You haven't posted in a while so maybe we'll just assume you're up with Kara? Would be easy to have had her take you.  And I assume, if you voiced your question, that she would explain to you what she just learned.

Continue standing guard.
Alex T-poses to assert dominance.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: July 10, 2019, 01:34:05 pm »

Hustle my mothy butt up with the rest of the group. Safety in numbers even if they have caught the attention of an antediluvian.

Drett.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 231