Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404644 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1965 on: June 09, 2019, 03:57:13 pm »

"Do you mean something specific? Or would anything do? Is there something you also want returned? Or..."
Kara thought back to the statue of Polyantha.
She might want to erase the evidence of her past. Would that count as blasphemy? Does it even care about what the church thinks is blasphemy or is it talking about a blasphemy in its own belief system?
"Or is there something you want to see destroyed?"

Ask. If she doesn't share more, then make myself scarce and try to figure out what she means. Maybe borrow Adam's holy book and go through it to find some blasphemy I could give her.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 05:02:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: June 09, 2019, 05:05:38 pm »

If Kara leaves, wait for her, otherwise just go ahead and interrupt. Again, give my severed eye and 100 fathoms.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: June 10, 2019, 01:39:36 am »

In the eternal words of the uncreative forumite: Try Again.  A good knee smashing is the ultimate goal, but Nyw will accept just knocking the man unconscious, too.  The knee breaking comes after, regardless.

Nyw will just let the addicts run off with the money.  The plan was to spend it on them anyway, though Nyw would've just bought them a bunch of food and other simple stuff, rather than letting them run off with it to spend on drugs.  Ah well, their loss.  If Johnny boy is captured, haul him back to the police.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1968 on: June 10, 2019, 09:34:18 am »

Assist Nyw in taking out the gangster by whacking him over the head with the blunt part of my shovel.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: June 10, 2019, 09:51:01 am »

Try to find a shop that sells high-quality armor that I could afford with the 180 fathoms I gained as a payment. Hopefully something that won't slow me down and make me worse in unarmed melee combat.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: June 10, 2019, 03:41:46 pm »

You head to the local messaging office and get them to send off an official message to Leon, along with a duplicate of the credentials you were given.  They tell you it may be a bit before an answer returns.

Very well. Will you inform me of when the answer arrives, or should I ask from time to time?

Next, consider what sort of gear that combat divers (Church-affiliated or otherwise) use. I'm guessing they will usually try to just stay hidden and provide support, right? Do they have any gear that facilitates that?

Also buy a black flame, 3x silent night. Oh, and can one wear a rubber suit in conjunction with a soldier chestplate? 

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG!
« Reply #1971 on: June 10, 2019, 06:08:08 pm »

"Yay."

Drink rotgut, but don't KO myself. Not yet, anyways. Attempt to locate someone appropriate to flirt with. (Attractive, male, preferably a different species, not scary.)

Spoiler: DIG! (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1972 on: June 11, 2019, 12:08:49 pm »

"Do you mean something specific? Or would anything do? Is there something you also want returned? Or..."
Kara thought back to the statue of Polyantha.
She might want to erase the evidence of her past. Would that count as blasphemy? Does it even care about what the church thinks is blasphemy or is it talking about a blasphemy in its own belief system?
"Or is there something you want to see destroyed?"

Ask. If she doesn't share more, then make myself scarce and try to figure out what she means. Maybe borrow Adam's holy book and go through it to find some blasphemy I could give her.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)
"The enslaved bury such things within their tombs, monument to the folly of challenging the flame of the deep. Through their flesh, a way to yours may be opened."

And since that's all she's gonna give you, I'll have you walk out so other people can do work.

If Kara leaves, wait for her, otherwise just go ahead and interrupt. Again, give my severed eye and 100 fathoms.
In return you get an opaque glass jar with a large wax sealed cork on top. A label on the side reads "Web of Lies".

In the eternal words of the uncreative forumite: Try Again.  A good knee smashing is the ultimate goal, but Nyw will accept just knocking the man unconscious, too.  The knee breaking comes after, regardless.

Nyw will just let the addicts run off with the money.  The plan was to spend it on them anyway, though Nyw would've just bought them a bunch of food and other simple stuff, rather than letting them run off with it to spend on drugs.  Ah well, their loss.  If Johnny boy is captured, haul him back to the police.

Assist Nyw in taking out the gangster by whacking him over the head with the blunt part of my shovel.
[3][2]
Nyw proceeds to use his hooked cleaver to break the man's kneecap. And by break I of course mean split. And by split I mean he cut his damn leg off at the knee.  The loanshark would probably complain about this if he hadn't been smashed in the head by a shovel a half a second later, cracking his skull and knocking him out.  He is now bleeding profusely, probably badly concussed and maybe slipping into a coma.

The whole "Bring him in alive" thing is looking increasingly hard.

Try to find a shop that sells high-quality armor that I could afford with the 180 fathoms I gained as a payment. Hopefully something that won't slow me down and make me worse in unarmed melee combat.

You have pretty good endurance, so a set of armor that won't restrict you...how about a chain and lamellar set that has (Protect Cut 3, Protect pierce 2) for oh...150?

You head to the local messaging office and get them to send off an official message to Leon, along with a duplicate of the credentials you were given.  They tell you it may be a bit before an answer returns.

Very well. Will you inform me of when the answer arrives, or should I ask from time to time?

Next, consider what sort of gear that combat divers (Church-affiliated or otherwise) use. I'm guessing they will usually try to just stay hidden and provide support, right? Do they have any gear that facilitates that?

Also buy a black flame, 3x silent night. Oh, and can one wear a rubber suit in conjunction with a soldier chestplate? 

They'll bring it to the warehouse, so as long as you're there I'll let you know, otherwise someone else might get it.

Depends on the specialty of the diver. There are offensive divers who wade into open combat, though they usually make preparations before hand by enchanting weapons and items and use them up over time, occasionally casting to deal with problems. There are likewise supportive or defensive divers and the like. What you want will depend on the role you intend to take.

Done. As per layered armor...I think we have a rule against it? Hmm. I can't find anything specific in the rules...I'll say that in THIS case, because the rubber suit is insulation not protect, I'll accept it. I just don't want people stacking armor too much.

"Yay."

Drink rotgut, but don't KO myself. Not yet, anyways. Attempt to locate someone appropriate to flirt with. (Attractive, male, preferably a different species, not scary.)

Spoiler: DIG! (click to show/hide)
[11]
You drink a full glass of rotgut and the world immediately starts to look like you smeared it in Vaseline and spun around a dozen times.  You stagger over to the table of a quite agreeable looking Moleman and slur something about exploring your tunnels. Luckily the mole seems more confused than anything.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1973 on: June 11, 2019, 12:47:31 pm »

"Cutting off his leg may have been a little excessive. Anyway I didn't get a chance until now to thank you for saving most of the books, I'm confident that the knowledged contained within them will be of great use to us when we get around translating them, and if not we can always sell them to the Church for a nice profit."

Alex glances at the unconscious and profusely bleeding gangster.

"Was there are any specific reason why you picked a fight with this gangster? The available bounties are all rather meagre, with the highest paying one only paying 150 fathoms, which really isn't worth the effort of catching them."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1974 on: June 11, 2019, 08:43:36 pm »

Alright, I think I'm done with songs for now. Dive into Telazch.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: June 11, 2019, 08:49:07 pm »

I'll take the armor set, added to sheet. Also, go find Nyw.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: June 12, 2019, 01:24:17 am »

Head back to the warehouse and try using the Voice on the bottle. Assuming I conclude it’s not unsafe, open it.
“Hey Clate, now that your all crystalline and such, and seem to have some control over crystals and such, do you think you could help me out with something? See, I like making stuff with obsidian, but that shits fragile. Could you see if you could strengthen up the thingsvI make with obsidian? You can experiment with the here knife I made.”
Let Clate use the obsidian knife I made earlier.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 03:14:39 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: June 12, 2019, 07:55:57 am »

((Cleaver?  Nyw's been fighting unarmed, he doesn't really need a weapon to fight normals...))

Nyw sighs as he looks down at the bleeding gangster.  "Severing the limb was not my intention, but... erh.  I heard your footsteps coming closer, and misinterpreted them as a sign of an additional aggressor, perhaps a bodyguard, and I decided nonlethal combat was no longer a safe option."  he shakes his head.  "Hopefully my mistake will not result in this poor fool's death.  Do you have medical experience?  Despite what you have heard, this man's life is supposedly worth a thousand fathoms, but neither my proportions nor my experiences leave me suitable for repairing injuries."

Ask Alex to heal John, then after he has a minute to work, pick the gangster up and rush him... either to the police, or the nearest hospital/clinic/witch doctor/church/place of healing, whichever Nyw thinks he can get to faster.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1978 on: June 12, 2019, 08:48:46 am »

"There's no time to waste then. I'll try to stem the bleeding, you pick him up as soon as I'm done."

Tear some cloth from the unconscious gangster's clothes and use that to bandage his wounds. Grab the severed leg and follow Nyw once I'm done.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: June 12, 2019, 09:41:28 am »

As per layered armor...I think we have a rule against it? Hmm. I can't find anything specific in the rules...I'll say that in THIS case, because the rubber suit is insulation not protect, I'll accept it. I just don't want people stacking armor too much.
Ok, then I'll buy a rubber suit. Do let me know should you change your mind.

Depends on the specialty of the diver. There are offensive divers who wade into open combat, though they usually make preparations before hand by enchanting weapons and items and use them up over time, occasionally casting to deal with problems. There are likewise supportive or defensive divers and the like. What you want will depend on the role you intend to take.
Could you tell me about something about the type of stuff an offensive diver would use? Any sort of commonly used enchantments/items, or is every diver unique with what they use?

Finally, could you please give me the price for the following items:
- a standard bore cannon
- mechanism to retract said cannon and have the armor plating slide over it (to protect and hide the weapon)
- swivel mount of sorts for said cannon so that it has some degrees of freedom in aiming
- autoloader
- cost to hook up the cannon to the bore's brain so it can fire the cannon on targets we designate

- standard solid ammo
- armor piercing shells
- high-explosive fragmentation shells

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 231