Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 231

Author Topic: DIG: Heresy  (Read 404781 times)

Hotfire90

Re: DIG: Mummies Alive!
« Reply #1770 on: March 28, 2019, 07:58:45 am »

Stand within striking distance of the old man. Should he attack us for some reason, retaliate with the moon blade.
Spoiler: Alex Wells (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: March 28, 2019, 08:24:28 am »

So, question here is, are we heading back towards the town AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL the way over on the other side of the map or are we heading to that big ass door that some birdies wanted to look at earlier? 
I'm fine with checking out that door now that our main job is done. One thing I'm afraid of though is that it might take a while, and since the other group seems to be very nearly done, it might force them to wait for us for a while? If that is not/won't be a problem, then sure, let's go check it out.

If the first I can already tell you that the path where the messenger went through is still impassible so you'll need an alternate route.
We were planning to drill open that passage again and have the moths pay us for that, wouldn't that be possible anymore?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 28, 2019, 10:25:43 am »

I wouldn't worry about us in the other team too much. If we wrap up and you are still doing things, we have a few in town things we could handle, and if it looks liek you are going to be quite some time, we could always rent a ride to our next reckless adventure.

Of course, the others might disagree. I welcome discussion in the ooc thread about it.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG: CAWtastrophe
« Reply #1773 on: March 28, 2019, 01:24:43 pm »

"...Seems that everything went better than expected. No reason for me to be here, then..."

Part of Kalagony had secretly hoped for the undead to attack regardless, just so he could feel useful. The other part wished that the undead hadn't appeared in the first place, so that his talk with the Corven wouldn't have been interrupted. He leaves the bridge and goes back to his room, awaiting for the bore to reach it's next destination.

Spoiler: Kalagony (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 28, 2019, 04:03:35 pm »

For the sake of momentum, I would like to preemptively say that if we DO go to the door, I will use The Voice in the Eyes (shouldn’t that be Voices in the Eye?) on the door.
Spoiler: Harm (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 28, 2019, 04:51:50 pm »

Gather up as many books as can be held, just in case only our inventories will leave with us.  Otherwise, stand near the others toying with the monk, and stay watchful.  Nyw doesn't think it'll attack anyone, but he'll try to defend them if it does.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: DIG...
« Reply #1776 on: March 29, 2019, 04:11:25 am »

I described what I want pretty exactly, do you need me to draw a picture?

It's a gimballed cannon with a machinegun on the same mount, a separate sprayer turret, and a seperate machinegun turret.

Another good addition would just be a machinegun mounted on one of the doors, so that somebody standing in the door can fire out. That should be a bit cheaper and simpler to install than the others, while still providing us with some extra firepower.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1777 on: March 29, 2019, 03:40:21 pm »

Join us tomorrow in the terrible NSFW bone zone discord
https://discord.gg/eBVXMnM

For movie night. Starts at ~3:00 PM GMT.  We'll be watching some cult classic 80's horror and scifi movies.

We're going by audience request and will probably go for about 12 hours.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1778 on: March 29, 2019, 09:58:34 pm »

I'm all for exploring the door.

Also, we were in the middle of negotiating some payment or free bore upgrades for our help to Knot, I hope we can conclude that.

Spoiler: "Kara" the Corven (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIG
« Reply #1779 on: March 30, 2019, 01:23:45 pm »

"Now we go and see that door Kara wanted to check. No reason not to after what we've gone through."

Door time.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 31, 2019, 01:49:42 pm »

Stick with Nyw, observe what happens with the monk

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1781 on: April 01, 2019, 02:23:48 pm »

"That's probably the thing we're supposed to take."

Poke the old man, try to determine if he's alive, dead, or other.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*poke*
He's non-responsive regardless. Skin is leathery and hard. Might be a mummy.

Stick with Nyw, observe what happens with the monk

Spoiler: Clate (click to show/hide)

Gather up as many books as can be held, just in case only our inventories will leave with us.  Otherwise, stand near the others toying with the monk, and stay watchful.  Nyw doesn't think it'll attack anyone, but he'll try to defend them if it does.

"Don't poke the Core Bearer."

Step out into the expanse of smooth stone covered by shallow, clear water. Approach the tree with the wizened gentleperson.
If neither of those things triggers an event, sit in front of the wizened old man, and converse.
If he doesn't respond in any way to the group (after suitable attempts to engage him in conversation), or if Auft's inspection reveals him to be dead, simply reach out and take the glowy bell.

"Greetings, Elder. We have come a long way, through several hardships to be here before you."

Ashul walks over to the man and sits with him. He asks a few things but gets no response and Auft's inspection returns a resounding "Might be dead".  So he reaches in and grabs the bell.

The dream doesn't crumble. It doesn't fade or simmer away with a music sting. One moment they are in the dream, the next moment they are  back in the communion chamber.  Injuries gained in the dream are gone, Ashul's body is back to how it was before, the gangster is just as strong as he once was, and many items are missing. The books that were being physically held carried over (about 30 of them in total), the bell, still as glowing and unreal as ever, and  the giant guardian hatchet are all here.

The statue head that had till now been burning suddenly cracks and crumbles to pieces in the brazier.

"Now we go and see that door Kara wanted to check. No reason not to after what we've gone through."

Door time.
I'm all for exploring the door.

Also, we were in the middle of negotiating some payment or free bore upgrades for our help to Knot, I hope we can conclude that.

So, question here is, are we heading back towards the town AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL the way over on the other side of the map or are we heading to that big ass door that some birdies wanted to look at earlier? 
I'm fine with checking out that door now that our main job is done. One thing I'm afraid of though is that it might take a while, and since the other group seems to be very nearly done, it might force them to wait for us for a while? If that is not/won't be a problem, then sure, let's go check it out.

If the first I can already tell you that the path where the messenger went through is still impassible so you'll need an alternate route.
We were planning to drill open that passage again and have the moths pay us for that, wouldn't that be possible anymore?

Spoiler: Adam Blavatsky Darvaza (click to show/hide)
Alright, door it is. And yeah you can negotiate for drilling for the moths. I had just forgot that was the plan.

Alright so...subtract however many units of fuel to get back to the door and...

The door is much the same as it was before, massive, looming, open.  Though this time there is what looks like a small camp outside it, about a dozen people with their bedrolls spread out around a clean burning bluish alcohol fire. Judging by their outfits they're pilgrims.

I described what I want pretty exactly, do you need me to draw a picture?

It's a gimballed cannon with a machinegun on the same mount, a separate sprayer turret, and a seperate machinegun turret.

Another good addition would just be a machinegun mounted on one of the doors, so that somebody standing in the door can fire out. That should be a bit cheaper and simpler to install than the others, while still providing us with some extra firepower.

Spoiler: Wiellste? (click to show/hide)
No no, I just misunderstood.

So regardless of the kind, you're gonna need a good amount of structural junk and mechanical junk for gimballed turrets.  That or a gimbal system or the frame of a turret or similar things.  Now for the machine guns, you need more mechanical to build up the guns on the gun bench, and chemical and structural for ammo.  The flame sprayer (thats what it was right?) is some structural (or a tank) and a good amount of chemical for ammo. Alternatively some flamable fluids. Bore fuel works; one unit of fuel per shot.  In terms of amounts of things, that depends on how big and tough you want them. Minimum for a turret is probably 10 mechanical, 20 structural. The guns will be like 5-7 mechanical and 10 structural.

The other thing, the door gun, would basically just cost the same as making the actual gun, with maybe a structural or two thrown in to handle the attachment.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 01, 2019, 03:39:18 pm »

Nyw leans forward slightly to look at the books he'd been carrying and check on his murakumo, but doesn't rise, lest his bulk crowd the room.  "I suspected that might happen.  I am sorry that more books could not be recovered, Alex, but I hope these ones are enough of a consolation."

He then raises his crystalline Murakumo in front of him, running one gauntleted hand along the side and letting out a small sigh.

Just to be sure, Nyw's murakumo is now intact again, yeah?  It shattered to dust in the dream and I'd been hanging onto it just in case our items didn't revert, but since injuries were fixed I assume damaged equipment was as well.

Edit: If we move to negotiations, Nyw will ask only that he be paid with an enchantment; he wants his crystalline murakumo enchanted to be sturdy, so it doesn't shatter like it did in the vision.  He's willing to forego his share of the payment in return, if that's an option.  Also, +speed and +nerve for the levelup.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 01, 2019, 05:14:33 pm »

spit poison on yer sword

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1784 on: April 01, 2019, 05:15:29 pm »

Go have a friendly chat with those guys to figure out what they're doing here and what they know about the door. Try to do so before they notice Adam and start ignoring me.

Also, try to use my knowledge of Archeology (+2) to see if there's anything I know or have heard about this thing).

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:05:59 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 231